brummy15

Hey new to the game

Can someone help me with the best graphic settings i should be using? Gtx750. i7-4790@3.6 ghz. 12gb ram.Thanxs you guys

Can someone help me with the best graphic settings i should be using? Gtx750. i7-4790@3.6 ghz. 12gb ram.Thanxs you guys

I suggest you do some research on this forum, many threads about settings and optimal performance.

• Like 2

Welcome to DayZ! There's tons of servers out there depending on your gaming style!

First thing to know about DayZ is. . don't get attached to your loot, breathe out when you're killed - it will happen - And don't trust every voice, or every body that may see. There's good peoples in the community, but many others will backstab you or outright murder you. Be cautious! :D

There's First Person Perspective only servers (Limited, but seen as more 'hardcore'. A few cater to Roleplayers, if that's your bag.)

There's also Third/First person perspective. (If you're looking for the general feel of the game, most play on this type.)

Your system looks pretty good, dude. I can't tell you where you'd best placed for performance/best graphics - But I'd say probably High for 30-45FPS, perhaps. Play with the dials and see what works for you.

Feel free to ask questions!

May you always eat beans :)

Graphics quality doesn't matter much, your game might look like a potato but It'd give you 5 FPS boost compared to full settings. It's CPU intensive and I think you'll handle it quite easily.

Also, to boost FPS slightly, open up your Properties in Steam for DayZ and Set Launch Options to -newui

This will update you to a WIP build that helps smooth things over. It'd not perfect and it needs work, but to my knowledge it's better for performance.

With those specs just set everything on high and drop down bloom and other effects to suite.

-newui is WIP and not recommended at this time.

Graphics do matter and add enormously to the game, if you have it (and you do) then use it.

There are many user guides and recommendations but all are subjective.

Here is a basic intro...

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224710-performance-issues/#entry2259452

• Like 3

The game isn't optimized at all. I have a GTX970 and it doesn't run well on the highest settings. The devs need to call up their brothers working on Arma 3 and figure out how I can get 60 fps with a 3 kilometre draw distance on ultra on Altis but not over here. The games are roughly the same age. So, keep that in mind. The game, as everyone on here will tell you, is in alpha and that means its constantly being worked on.

Edited by Synystr

I got 750 gtx 2GB and i5 4670k OC'ed to 4.5ghz. I have very good frames in cities, but i dont play at max. I play at 1080 res, high terrain, texture detail. I put shadows on low. I turn vsync off this helps alot AND resolution rendering at 100% not 200% that will make scopes choppy aiming at certain spots strangely enough on my rig. I have very smooth gameplay on these settings. 

No idea why anyone would recommend the newui to improve graphics when the interface itself is garbage AND won't tell the new player his health status. He'll be dying and have no idea what's up. 

OP- stay away from the newui setting. 

As for the rest- lots of links as pointed out. Don't expect miracles from a 750- it's not meant for gaming. 

Also look up adjusting your view distance.  I think the least you would want is 1000m. 

• Like 1

I recommended as a performance boost, which it does do, in FPS. It's nothing huge, but it does work.

I know it's WIP, but I use it pretty regularly and don't mind not being able to see the tacked on statuses.

No idea why anyone would recommend the newui to improve graphics when the interface itself is garbage AND won't tell the new player his health status. He'll be dying and have no idea what's up. 

OP- stay away from the newui setting. 

As for the rest- lots of links as pointed out. Don't expect miracles from a 750- it's not meant for gaming. 

What make you think 750 GTX isnt meant for gaming? It's a budget gamer card. I got the 750 GTX factory OC'ed gaming card its marketed as is. 

EDIT: Back in the days of Nvidia 6600, 6800 etc, it was a known fact that anything above 600 was considered a gaming card, while above the better. I Learned the hard way buying a newer version when i had geforce 6800 and bought a geforce 7200. It couldnt run my games at all. 

Edited by JohnyBravo

What make you think 750 GTX isnt meant for gaming? It's a budget gamer card. I got the 750 GTX factory OC'ed gaming card its marketed as is. 

EDIT: Back in the days of Nvidia 6600, 6800 etc, it was a known fact that anything above 600 was considered a gaming card, while above the better. I Learned the hard way buying a newer version when i had geforce 6800 and bought a geforce 7200. It couldnt run my games at all. 

Yeah- everyone gets a medal. The 750 is at the very best an entry level card that when married to an i7 4790K processor is... let's say destined to under perform. 

Yeah- everyone gets a medal. The 750 is at the very best an entry level card that when married to an i7 4790K processor is... let's say destined to under perform. 

Tsk, beans not enough for you anymore? *Claps* You want cake with that?  It's a gaming card alright, it can run most games decently enough and indeed, yes a entry level at that. So it really is a gaming card huh. So if you thirsty after your tale, lean backwards, take aim and piss. :D ;)  I'm gonna keep my beans. 

• Like 1

Tsk, beans not enough for you anymore? *Claps* You want cake with that?  It's a gaming card alright, it can run most games decently enough and indeed, yes a entry level at that. So it really is a gaming card huh. So if you thirsty after your tale, lean backwards, take aim and piss. :D ;)  I'm gonna keep my beans. 

Erm... ya. Awesome. 

Google translate fail. Only google translate could concoct a series of words that made this much sense. 

Edited by ENO75

Erm... ya. Awesome. 

Google translate fail. Only google translate could concoct a series of words that made this much sense. 

Don't try so hard. Besides you get geforce 760 gtx windforce 4gb, which is a 760 aswell and it should be able to run almost as good as a 980 gtx, the clock speeds are minor. Not everyone sinks a fortune into a GPU so they can say "I HAS GAMER CARD, NOT YOU; LOLZ" C'mon. Don't worry. I dont care about you, I just want it right. 

GTX750 or superior makes little difference, the game at this time is heavily dependant on brut CPU power.
Putting shadows on high will take the load off of the CPU and onto the GPU, the last time I checked there were no fps drop (for me).

All this may well change as the game develops.

• Like 1

GTX750 or superior makes little difference, the game at this time is heavily dependant on brut CPU power.

Putting shadows on high will take the load off of the CPU and onto the GPU, the last time I checked there were no fps drop (for me).

All this may well change as the game develops.

This. Thanks for the heads up, ive read that somewhere on this forum or elsewhere that turning off shadows will just be heavier for the CPU. I got mine on low, might aswell turn it up and see what's up. Learn something new everyday should be a motto.  :) and remember!  :P

Edited by JohnyBravo

Don't you dare insult my video card *shake fist* Edited by DaveB

Don't you dare insult my video card *shake fist*

Easy there gimp! ;)

• Like 1

When the GPU doesn't matter in this stage of development because it is mostly done by CPU and the game profits only from single core performance, how come that on my i7 notebook I can't even move the mouse cursor without it being choppy, although I have a resolution of 640x480 and everything on low?

it does matter, but the game is heavily CPU dependent. Do you have a GPU at all? video ram? memory? and a integrated GPU in the CPU will be a problem. 

First of all, the GTX 750 (even its Ti big brother) is awful. It's outperformed by its little brother (the GTX 580) that was released in 2010 that you can more than likely get your hands on for under $75.

Secondly, the biggest difference in performance for me (lately) is setting Object Quality to Very Low. I have everything else on the highest setting, but if I raise Object Quality even to Normal, my performance suffers — even on a CPU that's clocked at 5.2GHz. I recently built a computer (specs in my profile) that I ended up selling because the performance in almost every game was so marginal compared to my older computer (that I'm using again, specs also in my profile).

As people have said, this game is currently a mess. If you can score 40 FPS, consider yourself lucky.

Edited by Grimey Rick