Zurvivalist

Ethical Hunting

This is interesting. Here you can find empty shells while running at the forest. Yeah people are that careless, they don't even collect their shells. You'll smell this scent and you'll know there's a boar rotting somewhere around you.  Yeah so I see, people here are more sloppy then.

I never said people here don't litter; that's a whole other topic.  :(

I ran into a fox one dark night back in a .59 exp server. I was just about to the southern base of green mountain on a full pop server when I heard this strange raspy bark like sound. I thought it was another player messing with me when I saw the little rascal moving through the grass.

Unsure of what the hell it actually was (and in the name of science) I popped it with my Winchester. Sure enough it was a fox, I can't exactly remember the take away from gutting and skinning it but I do remember getting a pelt, maybe some bones. Don't think it produced any meat though(could be wrong).

And here I was expecting some sad rant about animals being killed in inhumane way in DayZ. 

200.gif

All hail hypno-toad!

• Like 2

There's a good chance i'm talking out of my ass here, but I've heard varmint corpses being left behind acts as a deterrant to more varmints, as it scares them off similar to skulls on stakes.

@ J0n, not sure personally, did you try boiling in a pot or cooking in a pot?

Boar pelts are good for backpacks indeed.  I believe shrub did give his blessing (with limited scope) to kill boars for pelts if they're used for backpacks.  Should probably use all the meat too just for his sake.  I think he'd also appreciate an apology to pig prior to killing, and prayer to pig wife and pig children after, as he won't be bringing home the bacon any more :(

Edit:  aw shiet, combobreaker :(

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Good story. Trespassing doesn't fly around Chernarus

You might be interested to know a lot of us survivalist tend to steak out certain territories we tend to call our own, Maybe its the surrounding area around our camps, or a particular favorite hunting ground. Either way , a lot of us tend to do it , and protect it fiercely. 

Its always wise to carry a walkie around with you and try to contact any locals whose land you might be trespassing on. Because we will always see you , way before you see us. 

I don't think those cows are real. I think they're just pixels.

LMAO's to all the people saying anything in a video game ethical. Its a game, and nothing ethical about killing someone going for meat too. Its a game, you freaks.

You all are too funny. Hunt have fun they re spawn. A poacher? wtf are you on, glue folks?

Hehe i just had to say something, i cant believe my eyes.

Did you even read the entire post? Because your post seriously shows that you didn't.

Cool story, bro. I would've killed him for sport, poaching or not. I would then proceed to take my pleasure with his corpse. After I recovered, I'd eat him.

TL;DR: You're much more kind than me.

I would then proceed to take my pleasure with his corpse. After I recovered, I'd eat him.

kesdbVr.png

• Like 2

Did you even read the entire post? Because your post seriously shows that you didn't.

Nope after the first part believing its poaching, and killing players because of that is so funny. Its a game.

The rest of the post is off topic.

Nope after the first part believing its poaching, and killing players because of that is so funny. Its a game.

I bet you think RP'ing is some new age psuedoscience or perhaps a myth. Just killing because you can though is a fact and accepted nonetheless? 

*puts on David Bowie: Cat people*  The record scrapes over the vynl at first, but then the music kicks in:

It's been so long, and i've been putting out fire...

berneydidnotread.gif

I think ur just bein' sneaky.  Is good read.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

I never kill an animal unless I can take the meat.  I was under the impression we needed a barrel to tan the hide?  Is this the case?

I think I've fired 6 or 7 rounds in .59...

You.  I like you.

I never kill an animal unless I can take the meat.  I was under the impression we needed a barrel to tan the hide?  Is this the case?

You.  I like you.

Yes a barrel is pretty much the center of camping life. 

Its needed for tanning hides 

making quality fertilizer , 

dyeing clothes 

and now , can be used as a stove 

soon it will also become a rain catch from what I understand 

*puts on David Bowie: Cat people*  The record scrapes over the vynl at first, but then the music kicks in:

It's been so long, and i've been putting out fire...

berneydidnotread.gif

I think ur just bein' sneaky.  Is good read.

I sure felt like that after reading the poaching part....but its ok to shoot someone hehehh

But it was a good read, i enjoyed that part just not how people believe a video game has poaching in it. That turned me off sorry.

Hey!!!! i enjoy good stuff too, and this was a great read honestly.

Edited by TheSneakyDude

I sure felt like that after reading the poaching part....but its ok to shoot someone hehehh

But it was a good read, i enjoyed that part just not how people believe a video game has poaching in it. That turned me off sorry.

Hey!!!! i enjoy good stuff too, and this was a great read honestly.

...Sigh....

Poaching 

Poaching has traditionally been defined as the illegal hunting, killing, or capturing of wild animals, usually associated with land use rights.

ie: He was on MY land , Killing MY cattle .. Without MY permission.... In what I decided in that moment was a disrespectful manner.

Using a Assault rifle to mow down wild game , taking no pride in the hunt,, waisiting meat.. lol... make sense now ?

*Facepalm*  

• Like 1

How is it YOUR land, YOUR cattle, or why did he need YOUR permission? Did you file a complaint with the local Environmental Police, or is the land on a deed under your name in the City Hall in Novo?

No? 

Then using that as a "reason"/"excuse" for killing the guy is ...... really rather stupid, and it wasn't all that funny if you meant it as a joke.

If you wanted to kill the guy, just say that. " I saw him and wanted to kill him". Done. Don't try to dress something up as it isn't.

• Like 1

One thousand piglets are being rolled over onto by their mothers...

4th wall dear god men!

:'''''(

Reads again carefully.

Oh... but still....

poor piggy :''''''''''''''''(

Herro is correct though, i'm dubious as to whether you had the correct human killing permit.  And how many ears do you have this season?

Edited by q.S Sachiel

How is it YOUR land, YOUR cattle, or why did he need YOUR permission? Did you file a complaint with the local Environmental Police, or is the land on a deed under your name in the City Hall in Novo?

No? 

Then using that as a "reason"/"excuse" for killing the guy is ...... really rather stupid, and it wasn't all that funny if you meant it as a joke.

If you wanted to kill the guy, just say that. " I saw him and wanted to kill him". Done. Don't try to dress something up as it isn't.

Sigh

• Like 1

Sigh

Whyherro123 has a point. You "claim" an area and kill everyone in it because they are trespassing. But how can they know they are in your turf? It's nothing but local area KoS under a pretty name.  

Edited by General Zod

Whyherro123 has a point. You "claim" a area and kill everyone in it because they are trespassing. But how can they know they are in your turf? It's nothing but local area KoS under a pretty name.  

Exactly, it would be different if he actually marked trees with blazes, or put up signs, or anything.

If you are gonna be an asshole and KoS without "interacting", own it. Don't try to deflect and play it off as RP "he was trespassing/poaching".