Sign in to follow this  
Me1andMe2

I dont like the heli crashsite system and think it's flawed

Personally, this is the reasoning for my only playing on a select Private Hive - Because I don't care for server hopping methods to kit yourself.

..//...

The problem is not server hopping, you have not understood - The problem is that an admin can hire a Public Server and treat it completely as if it was his own private server, Even though this is against the rules, it is common practice.

- Firsty - it is cheaper to hire a Public Hive Server than than a Private Server.

- Secondly - the players on Public Hive can take their gear to any other Public Server (all on the same hive) even though they do not let other Public Hive players enter their own Server. This is against the rules but it is common practice.

So - if an admin kicks 'outsiders' who join his Public Server, firstly it is very difficulty to prove (at present impossible?) - and also that admin has complete security and freedom to gather up all the loot that spawns on his server. There is zero competition because no 'outsiders' are allowed in. The admin's  loot and his tents are 100% secure, even though this is against the rules.

The big practical problem for DayZ is that this exploit is not policed - if for instance a Public server this evening turns on an "autokick"or "whitelist', or just kicks manually, it is not detectable or provable (autokicks are very very simple to install on your PC, and leave no evidence). Someone with authority (a human operator)  must verify that the Public server REALLY kicks players who try to log in. To check this is a real complaint and not a troll, right?  This has to be undertaken by an accredited person who works for the Server Provider.

NOW: how many Server Provides have staff in their office late after office hours (for instance until midnight on weekdays, or all night at weekends) checking that DayZ Public Servers are 'playing fair' in New Zealand, and in South Korea and in Florida etc?  The Server Provider has received complaints from players - certainly - (keep on sending in complaints about unfair kicking). now, who is policing those recorded complaints to make sure they are true? - How can the SP tell tell an admin is kicking players at 22h00 unless an SP staff member is on line at 22h00 ?? - How many Of the Server Providers do this? Of course the answer is 'zero'.

Since the official complaints procedure has been running for more than a year, the number of admins who use their Public server as if it was private has greatly INCREASED. Public Server administrators now know that sanctions are ineffective. It is amusing and 'profitable' for them to destroy the spirit of DayZ SA.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a player deciding to use " a select Private Hive" or not.

Sorry.

xx pilgrim

[edit - EVEN if you get "caught" exploiting - so it is official and proven - OK, what happens next?

Well.. your server might be closed -that is the worst thing that can happen - and if your server is closed you don't pay for it any more.

SO you open up a new server,you pay the same price you payed last time, and you give it any chosen name you want (even the SAME name).

You are back in business doing the same thing you were busted for, and It costs you about 5 minutes keyboard time. End of story.

So even if you are found guilty and officially "punished" (that doesn't happen very often) = what is the sanction? = what is the cost to the Bad Admin = well, in fact it is zero.

You can be running again tomorrow doing the SAME thing at zero extra expence, you lose NOTHING

This is WHY the Public Server "kick" admins are LAUGHING at DayZ.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

-Snip-

Thanks for reiterating your information to me :)

I can see your points and how they'd severely ruin loot distribution for players that are playing publicly and why the type of AdminLootHouse is pretty BS.

However, that does go back to my reasoning that this is the reason why I stick to Private Hives. This kind of stupid noncompetitive looting so that others can go to normal public hives and play war is not in the spirit of the game and it ruins the 'fairness'.

I hope to see it changed, but I'm unsure on a solution. . Other than stay on Private Hives that are respected and play right. Don't give creeps a chance.

PS: I am an advocate for having to start over your character when moving across servers. I know there's plenty of argument against it and I'm not going to beat the drum atm, but. . These kind of issues arise from exploiting and from kitting by server hopping to a nondangerous server so that they can gear without the resistance of the true experience.

Edited by Espa

What I noticed about DayZ now vs several months ago, it seems that there is more helo crash sites then ever. Maybe its just me. I ran into 3 or 4 smokers a week ago just by accident. Only western though. Super rare guns, well to me you can get by with something else. I found a AK-74 with all the with attachments my 1st day back. Even has a silencer. All found in standard military areas. And let me tell you its effective against geared players spending more time paying attention to looting then whats around them lol.

But really....I my self am not going to spend a huge amount of time helo hunting in game. My luck is I spend a huge amount of time helo just to be shot....Its this weird dayz karma I seem to have. I always live much longer just getting what I really need then moving onto other stuff. That's how you get shot, spending huge amount of time in military areas, paying more attention to looting then whats around you. 

So I would rather the devs focus on more pressing stuff.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Since the official complaints procedure has been running for more than a year, the number of admins who use their Public server as if it was private has greatly INCREASED. Public Server administrators now know that sanctions are ineffective. It is amusing and 'profitable' for them to destroy the spirit of DayZ SA.

Yes. Ironic, isn't it?

Meanwhile, there is a playstyle (mine and others) that doesn't PvP unless we have to, that enjoys the sheer slog to find rare mil loot and trades it.

Excepting patches waaaay back around 0.45/46 when crashes were taken out, and then around 0.54 when persistent servers didn't have them, there have always been three sites on the map btw.

That is server duping at its finest.

Its not fixed, its a work around system is all. Half the people not responding here, know exactly whats going on...

Next time that happens, do a screen shot of the members, and send it to boneboys. I am sure he will get on top of it because clearly the Server companies wont.

I've tried many times and i just plain given up. The last clan that did, still owned the servers. It never went down.

Unless they stood in sections, to hope that the heli spawns would pop up around them after a simple server restart. I doubt that though its not worth the effort. unless its at the NWAF.????

• Like 1

Never found an SVD, VSS, FAL or AUG.

I did find two AUGs even - but what is it worth, if the magazines don't spawn. Feel free to take mine :P

Its not fixed, its a work around system is all. Half the people not responding here, know exactly whats going on...

Next time that happens, do a screen shot of the members, and send it to boneboys. I am sure he will get on top of it because clearly the Server companies wont.

I've tried many times and i just plain given up. The last clan that did, still owned the servers. It never went down.

Unless they stood in sections, to hope that the heli spawns would pop up around them after a simple server restart. I doubt that though its not worth the effort. unless its at the NWAF.????

It all depends. In the last couple of weeks I reported three servers in total via feedback tracker.

Two had normal names (=SK=Stubenkrieger for instance) and these were not even assigned from what I could see. So this reporting seems to have been kind of pointless, I agree.

One was called "BattlEye Testserver Don't join". Obviously the name did the job, since the issue was assigned and the server provider notified by B.I.

However, a "normal" name should not make a behaviour against rules acceptable. I still would love too see a reporting button in the server list. In order to avoid "hate/revenge reporting", action could be taken once a server has been reported four times for instance.

What I noticed about DayZ now vs several months ago, it seems that there is more helo crash sites then ever.

..//..

But really....I my self am not going to spend a huge amount of time helo hunting in game. ..//....

Yes RIGHT CJ - my take is that heli-hunting is this patch's most popular sport, many players will calm down soon.

Either helicrash sites or Police Stations are the month's big fashion event, but it won't last because its just a fashion trend, right?

This is because everyone PvP wants a big sniper rifle (I don't know why?) or they want a little police submachine gun.

- also seems that a lot of folks do believe MP5s and Skorpions etc only spawn at heli sites (maybe they cant see?)

- we ought to have bright lime-green dress uniforms and gold-plate MP5s so we can play at 'Dictator's Bodyguards'?

- the 2 best snipers Ive ever seen (1 youtube, one in-game) both used Moisins with metal sites.. awesome!

- makes me think there are VERY FEW real snipers in DayZ - maybe ought to be a training camp for them? It's not the gun that counts.

My guess is you can't dress properly for PvP unless you have an MP5 or an SVD. If you show without one of those, all your friends laugh at you.You feel real embarrassed. Other players Tweet about it.

= AKs have gone right out of fashion this patch..

OK - that was the fashion news.

My HINT for the spring collection: Why not try wearing a Little Girls Dress to PvP instead of body armor? It's FUN and it gets you noticed !

Also - Players always complain when stuff is rare. It can be very-very rare no prob, as long as they have one.

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

They've already said they aren't going to do flying ai helis and I'm really glad they made that decision.  The common scenario with those was always "I hear a heli!" "oh shit!" "oh wait it's just ai :["

It completely demolishes the excitement and tenseness of hearing a player flown helicopter and all the implications that went into it.  Knowing that when you heard a helicopter it was for sure because player(s) had put that time and effort into it and being unsure of their motives.  Yes you could tell if it was an ai one by the way it moved, but that initial reaction which I think is really important to the atmosphere gets ruined.

Maybe mods will put it them back in, and I can appreciate that some people found them fun, but personally it's one of the choices I'm incredibly glad they've made.  I want DayZ to remain focused on the player experience above all else.  I don't want to see any form of ai besides the zombies and animals.

well said m8. i can definitely see that point of view as a major concern. For me personally, the AI helis never took anything away from servers that had them, and in some cases i found it to add an interesting meta in that the increased frequency of hearing them could lead to complacency, then an actual player one opens up on you! (there was also a fun thing about trying to 'fly like an AI' in hope of getting gullible folks to shoot at your heli so you could easily spot and kill them from the air and have your buddies bail out and loot them.)

• Like 1

`

I have now timed my runes and optimized at much as possible and I dont believe you at all that you run them in 1 hour

YES I agree - 10 hours is a long time to wait if all you want is PvP. So forget about helicopters.

xx

Thanks for your answer but you missed my points. I know, and stated, that for pvp there are better options.

I am also quite confused with your "civiian weapons" and " military weapons" statement. Getting an ak is piss easy(even on private server) and doesnt take much time and I never said otherwise. Or do you only count heli weapons as military I am unsure please clarify.

Btw don’t do these IRL examples please don’t.

Back to helis

Helis spawn nothing but tools for pvp but are to much effort for pvp which makes them pointless. The only benefit, imo, of the heli system is that a player might find a lucky heli crash but I dont think that happens often when you look at the odds

• Have heli spawn in front of you ( 1/14(4 Helis) actually even lower since you have to be at there at the right time)
  • Have the heli spawn a weapon at all (From my experience at least 50% of the helis do not spawn any weapon besides nades)
  • Have it spawn a mag for the right weapon (lets assume it does every time)
  • Actually want the weapon (lets assume you like every weapon)
  • = Best case scenario you have a chance of ~0,036 (~1/30) of this happening (getting the right number in roulette is 1/37)

If we would just let the heli loot spawn at the military areas we would have a better game since we would have more weapon variety.

Just let the weapon spawn with less chance than the ak74 (I think the current spawn table is sks(most)>aks>akm>ak74) and everything would be fine.

Inb4 “you just want gear when you start” If I can get an ak in 1 hour I should get a slightly better ak (AUG) in 2 otherwise no one who values his time will ever go for it (at least in the current build).

Side note: I have done even more heli runs (probably my last ones) and still not had 1 fight at them

@Public Hives Loot

Its completely fucked there are so many problems with it: Admins hoping duping, restarting ghosting, low pop looting. Every time I watch a streamer how plays on public I see a shitload of this “rare” heli weapons it just shows that the system doesnt work.

Edited by Me1andMe2

Other than the familiar point about servers, there is quite a lot wrong with your logic. There are three crashes per restart (not four). Your probability calculations look to me like they're based on finding one site of the potentials on offer. But if you want to hunt crash sites properly, if you think about maximising the probabilities, you can do well. I'd estimate for every two runs I do, I will find at least one site. Roughly half those sites will be unlooted. Maybe you just need to get better at it?

Your points about a site spawning a weapon you "want" and mags for it sounds just a little bit whiny tbh. That's the case with many weapons in game. And if you only allow crash spawns at military sites, they will be even more of a magnet for every player on the map (and NWAF is bad enough as it is).

If you want to PvP and enjoy the game that way, fine, go ahead. But many of us don't. Instead we like finding and having rare stuff, staying alive as long as possible and trading with others. More than one playstyle, see?

With lucky heli crash i referred to finding a heli when not looking for it. Which is why I have included things like finding the mag ect. since this plays an important role if you only find one by accident.

90% of the helis are within <10 minutes to the big military locations so they dont spread that much. Since there are about 9 military locations (excluding Prisons, Policestations and guardhouses) the spread might be even bigger than with the current spots.

Atlast I also would appreciate it if you tone down your passive aggressive tone no one is trying to harm you and the change would probably not affect you. You could still do all the stuff you mentioned as well as before

Edited by Me1andMe2

With lucky heli crash i referred to finding a heli when not looking for it. Which is why I have included things like finding the mag ect. since this plays an important role if you only find one by accident.

90% of the helis are within <10 minutes to the big military locations so they dont spread that much. Since there are about 9 military locations (excluding Prisons, Policestations and guardhouses) the spread might be even bigger than with the current spots.

For the last part I also would appreciate it if you tone down your passive aggressive tone no one is trying to harm you and the change would probably not affect you. You could still do all the stuff you mentioned as well as before

If you acknowledge that most heli spawns are quite close to military locations, why in that case are you saying they should only spawn at military locations? Not only is this looking more and more like a whine, but not a very consistent one at that.

It's obvious that crash site spawning is  a game mechanic you don't like because it doesn't suit you. You'd like it to be easier. I get that. But this is not a game designed to be easy. Rare loot should be rare, and should take effort to find. Either put that effort in (as some of us do), or accept that it's a matter of luck. You can't have it both ways.

If you acknowledge that most heli spawns are quite close to military locations, why in that case are you saying they should only spawn at military locations? Not only is this looking more and more like a whine, but not a very consistent one at that.

It's obvious that crash site spawning is  a game mechanic you don't like because it doesn't suit you. You'd like it to be easier. I get that. But this is not a game designed to be easy. Rare loot should be rare, and should take effort to find. Either put that effort in (as some of us do), or accept that it's a matter of luck. You can't have it both ways.

Again keep your aggression I am not interested in it.

I explained quite in detail why I think a military spawn would have the same effect but perform better. Currently as you say its just luck, a big slot machine that does add very little to the game.

Btw good try at the "you want it easy part" when an airfield spawn would make it actually harder, you know since its an heavy pvp area instead of a uneventful walk through the woods.

..//..

a big slot machine that does add very little to the game.

..//..

SERIOUSLY : Some items are rare and some are not rare. If a weapon is very rare that means NOT everybody can have one even if they search for days.

I am a PvP beginner, so please explain:

What weapons do you NEED exactly to PvP?  Can anyone even try to PvP without an AUG?

thanx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Again keep your aggression I am not interested in it.

I explained quite in detail why I think a military spawn would have the same effect but perform better. Currently as you say its just luck, a big slot machine that does add very little to the game.

Btw good try at the "you want it easy part" when an airfield spawn would make it actually harder, you know since its an heavy pvp area instead of a uneventful walk through the woods.

I think your argument is pretty convoluted, if not downright self-contradictory. I'm saying it's just luck unless you try, and that it takes effort to maximise the probabilities. You are not showing much evidence of understanding how to maximise those probabilities.

Finding rare stuff, as pilgrim says, is (and should) difficult. This is the point of DayZ - there are as many potential playstyles as there are players. You can have a laugh, PvP in a dress with an AK. Or you can do things differently. But you shouldn't expect all elements of the game to conform to your playstyle.

• Like 1

The problem is not server hopping, you have not understood - The problem is that an admin can hire a Public Server and treat it completely as if it was his own private server, Even though this is against the rules, it is common practice.

- Firsty - it is cheaper to hire a Public Hive Server than than a Private Server.

- Secondly - the players on Public Hive can take their gear to any other Public Server (all on the same hive) even though they do not let other Public Hive players enter their own Server. This is against the rules but it is common practice.

So - if an admin kicks 'outsiders' who join his Public Server, firstly it is very difficulty to prove (at present impossible?) - and also that admin has complete security and freedom to gather up all the loot that spawns on his server. There is zero competition because no 'outsiders' are allowed in. The admin's  loot and his tents are 100% secure, even though this is against the rules.

The big practical problem for DayZ is that this exploit is not policed - if for instance a Public server this evening turns on an "autokick"or "whitelist', or just kicks manually, it is not detectable or provable (autokicks are very very simple to install on your PC, and leave no evidence). Someone with authority (a human operator)  must verify that the Public server REALLY kicks players who try to log in. To check this is a real complaint and not a troll, right?  This has to be undertaken by an accredited person who works for the Server Provider.

NOW: how many Server Provides have staff in their office late after office hours (for instance until midnight on weekdays, or all night at weekends) checking that DayZ Public Servers are 'playing fair' in New Zealand, and in South Korea and in Florida etc?  The Server Provider has received complaints from players - certainly - (keep on sending in complaints about unfair kicking). now, who is policing those recorded complaints to make sure they are true? - How can the SP tell tell an admin is kicking players at 22h00 unless an SP staff member is on line at 22h00 ?? - How many Of the Server Providers do this? Of course the answer is 'zero'.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a player deciding to use " a select Private Hive" or not.

Sorry.

xx pilgrim

[edit - EVEN if you get "caught" exploiting - so it is official and proven - OK, what happens next?

Well.. your server might be closed -that is the worst thing that can happen - and if your server is closed you don't pay for it any more.

SO you open up a new server,you pay the same price you payed last time, and you give it any chosen name you want (even the SAME name).

You are back in business doing the same thing you were busted for, and It costs you about 5 minutes keyboard time. End of story.

So even if you are found guilty and officially "punished" (that doesn't happen very often) = what is the sanction? = what is the cost to the Bad Admin = well, in fact it is zero.

You can be running again tomorrow doing the SAME thing at zero extra expence, you lose NOTHING

This is WHY the Public Server "kick" admins are LAUGHING at DayZ.

This is why I think the only appropriate action for abusing admin privileges is to revoke them, leaving the server with nobody in control.  The cheating jerk still gets to pay for the server if he wants, but cannot abuse the game mechanics for a P2W advantage.  Perhaps lock people into a contract, stating that verified abuse will result in forfeiture of services, but the offending server renter will still be responsible for payments for the full term agreed upon.

Unless they stood in sections, to hope that the heli spawns would pop up around them after a simple server restart. I doubt that though its not worth the effort. unless its at the NWA

I'm pretty sure that a number of people have been hopping NWAF for helis.  A four man sniper team could put an end to one person's heli-loot lust, but who has time to camp the airfield, when I can scoot a Lada around the map and find all three in 45 minutes?  Maybe once we have a few extra SVD's, instead of all these FALs, I'll give the hopper-stomping some time.

As for dupers.  Ban them all, yesterday.  I never even really liked playing with people who abused the reusable saline bug.

SERIOUSLY : Some items are rare and some are not rare. If a weapon is very rare that means NOT everybody can have one even if they search for days.

I am a PvP beginner, so please explain:

What weapons do you NEED exactly to PvP?  Can anyone even try to PvP without an AUG?

thanx

Rarity for a reason is fine. For example I think its good that ghillies are very hard to get since they provide a big advantage to a player and can change your play style quite drastically.

Rarity for the sake of rarity is ass design. You can take a weapon thats spawn in a heli (lets take the aug) and switch it with a comparable military spawn weapon like the ak74 and the game would play exactly the same.

No you dont need an aug for pvp.

I think your argument is pretty convoluted, if not downright self-contradictory. I'm saying it's just luck unless you try, and that it takes effort to maximise the probabilities. You are not showing much evidence of understanding how to maximise those probabilities.

Finding rare stuff, as pilgrim says, is (and should) difficult. This is the point of DayZ - there are as many potential playstyles as there are players. You can have a laugh, PvP in a dress with an AK. Or you can do things differently. But you shouldn't expect all elements of the game to conform to your playstyle.

If you point out the parts that are faulty I will try to explain them in a clearer way.

Edited by Me1andMe2

Yes RIGHT CJ - my take is that heli-hunting is this patch's most popular sport, many players will calm down soon.

Either helicrash sites or Police Stations are the month's big fashion event, but it won't last because its just a fashion trend, right?

This is because everyone PvP wants a big sniper rifle (I don't know why?) or they want a little police submachine gun.

- also seems that a lot of folks do believe MP5s and Skorpions etc only spawn at heli sites (maybe they cant see?)

- we ought to have bright lime-green dress uniforms and gold-plate MP5s so we can play at 'Dictator's Bodyguards'?

- the 2 best snipers Ive ever seen (1 youtube, one in-game) both used Moisins with metal sites.. awesome!

- makes me think there are VERY FEW real snipers in DayZ - maybe ought to be a training camp for them? It's not the gun that counts.

My guess is you can't dress properly for PvP unless you have an MP5 or an SVD. If you show without one of those, all your friends laugh at you.You feel real embarrassed. Other players Tweet about it.

= AKs have gone right out of fashion this patch..

OK - that was the fashion news.

My HINT for the spring collection: Why not try wearing a Little Girls Dress to PvP instead of body armor? It's FUN and it gets you noticed !

Also - Players always complain when stuff is rare. It can be very-very rare no prob, as long as they have one.

xx pilgrim

Its kind of funny but I noticed players have become even more careless over since a year ago. Not even paying attention in military areas, and yes me and you know helo crashes are military loot areas. To me that means hostile area and KOS. But whats funny is there's like a new bread of players/hoppers now, that are almost like drivers that text. They kind of run into areas and just loot without paying any attention to whats around them. I seen this a few times since my return, no shit people running right past me not even knowing I'm there.  

Its because there in a mad rush to get all that fancy new gear. I say let them do it. Let them have there fun. Let the people who hunt them have theirs as well. I just don't wanna hear KOS this and that complaining when they lose all there stuff.  

Typical DayZ with a twist, now there the new distracted driver players now..haha hoping server to server almost on auto pilot. To get the cool gear. Helo sites have all the new and latest military high gear.

Stuff is not rare at all.......well stuff we REALLY need isn't. The weather is pretty nice too. So no need to worry about getting cold and crap is every were including "smokers". Zombies are light, you can just sneak past them. Games running smooth. Did we play this game a year ago? haha Things are great now.

Yep the Mosin was my choice gun a year ago, it is really effective. I love the mosin too.

The helo spawns to me are not a problem what so ever, in-fact it seems there plentiful. I gotta say.....the game is taking a long time to get to release state. I say lets not insist on the devs spending time on something, that can be corrected later. Instead focus on completed this thing.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Ive had an SVD for about two weeks now with four full mags hunting players. Its an insane gun ,thats for sure. 10 kills so far. Most of them inland.

Really - the helicrashes are just a way of spreading rare loot and getting players to move around the country so they don't all meet for a big clambake at each military compound..

This story WILL happen to you:
One day you'll be thinking about some beanz
You'll wander round a bush for no reason and walk face first into helicrash smoke right there, with a kitted Vintorez lying out in plain view first thing you see.
Unreal!    Don't panic...
DayZ -  it happens like that. You walked into it.. (ok don't  hyperventilate).  Stay cool.  GET it - get to cover.
Move.
You'll grab that thing an be out of there so fast, zig-zagging through the trees, expecting a bullet any second.
I'll bet you don't even stop for a couple of miles even to look at it.

And - in fact - that's when your problems start.
It always happens in DayZ sooner or later.

xx

Edited by pilgrim

My reason is that zombies are no threat in dayz - and bullets are saved for other players instead of zombies.

Try 7 days to die on insane difficulty and very high enemy spawn - it`s fun and a good challenge even on single player mode. 

So it`s hard to spot other players when they hide in the forest, and players don`t need to use bullets on zombies, because 

they are no real threat in Dayz. Dayz team need to improve the zombie AI - or give them more health, and some special zombies

with range attacks so this game will be a challenge also related to the heli crash sites topic which is unguarded loot at the moment.  

Basically very rare weapons like VSS, SVD, Fal, UMP, M4, FNX weapons are free loot for those with cars who look after crash sites due to no zombie challenge - hopefully Dayz team can add special zombies who are really dangerous for other players, and when they fix the server performance add unique zombie abilities at night which make them really dangerous and will sprint after players and sense them when they are nearby.

And if u understand my reasoning; most heli crash sites will be a challenge to loot when players need to use bullets on zombies - so brief answer dayz team

need to create a good challenge vs. players concerning the zombie topic.

Conclusion when players need to use bullets on zombies due to a good challenge - it start to get a dangerous situation for players, because modern weapons create sounds in this game that other players can hear your position on the map who can challenge that crash site similar to NW Airfield with lots of good PvP encounters.

So add dangerous zombies in night times who will be stronger or something, add a challenge to your zombie game like a horde, Dayz team. 

And same with construction and base building - it should attract zombies, and they should go hostile on obstacles like doors and building assets unless

the players deal with the zombie threat.

Edited by Ori42

..//..

hopefully Dayz team can add special zombies who are really dangerous for other players

..//..

add unique zombie abilities

..//.

True - those Zombie Pilots used to wander around crash sites in the Mod, they could sometimes make life more hot and spicy.

Also Orio42, a zombie or two in any unexpected places could be interesting - one shuffling down an open main road between towns for no particular reason -  or just one walking through open doors and moving through a little village, house to house, sometimes outside, sometimes inside  ..  so they player is a bit less sure how safe he is .. ATM zombies are in a known location, or they are definitely not, you soon learn.

And how about sometimes a mean-bad zomb who takes double or triple damage before he goes down?

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Really - the helicrashes are just a way of spreading rare loot and getting players to move around the country so they don't all meet for a big clambake at each military compound..

This story WILL happen to you:

One day you'll be thinking about some beanz

You'll wander round a bush for no reason and walk face first into a helicrash right there, with a Vintorez lying out in plain view so it's the first thing you see.

Unreal!    Don't panic...

DayZ -  it happens like that. You just walked into it.. (ok don't  hyperventilate).  Stay cool.  GET it - get to cover.

Move.

You'll grab that thing an be out of there so fast, zig-zagging through the trees, expecting a bullet any second.

I'll bet you don't even stop for a couple of miles even to look at it.

And in fact that's when your problems start.

It always happens in DayZ sooner or later.

xx

As already said thats the only benefit the helis provide but the chances are very slim (0,036 in the best case)

+ There is the chance that it is an weapon that needs an mag which only spawns at heli which turns the interesting weapon in a useless burden.

Also why does it have to be 8 weapons? Why not only leave 1 or 2 at helis and move the rest to the military?

Would keep this moment you speak of in game and add more variety to the pvp.