Deathlove

VSS Is A Beast Weapon

With an inbuilt silencer and subsonic rounds this thing is great for clearing infected with silence and precision. Im REALLY loving this gun and i have enough subsonic rounds to last me a LONG time haha.

Nuq1c5F.jpg?1

Anyone else find one yet? :P

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

?

So do the zombies ignore suppressed shots now?

Nothing came after me around the lower city near the military air base when i fired just a tiny bit outside of town. And i mean i fired the Blaze another town over and i got rushed from all sides by zombies. So i assume the subsonic rounds actually do what they are supposed to. But ill probably have to test it further. Ether way players not familiar with the weapon wont hear it coming if the person firing the weapon works with it the right way.

Edited by Deathlove

Most powerfull round on 100-200m distances. Not for long range sniping. Exelent for ambush in urban areas. It should be able to penetrate any vehicles doors (IRL penetrates most of armoured vests).

• Like 5

Interesting that a weapon can  be 'damp' though...  is this new?  How does damp effect the weapon?  Do other characteristics like heat / dust have effect at the moment?

Interesting that a weapon can  be 'damp' though...  is this new?  How does damp effect the weapon?  Do other characteristics like heat / dust have effect at the moment?

Not sure but my character is heating up again in this patch so you have to strip out of all your gear so you don't overheat and kill yourself. This will have a big effect when your walking around in a full Ghillie suite with a sniper gun which i hear doubles in temperature. So be warned if you guys go this route. I haven't yet but im definitely taking overheating into high consideration now if im going to craft a Ghillie.

Most powerfull round on 100-200m distances. Not for long range sniping. Exelent for ambush in urban areas. It should be able to penetrate any vehicles doors (IRL penetrates most of armoured vests).

Yeah the one round i did fire went right through the infected and i saw dust particles hit the building where the bullet penetrated afterwards. This is definitely a great weapon for penetration along with the silence.

Yeah the one round i did fire went right through the infected and i saw dust particles hit the building where the bullet penetrated afterwards. This is definitely a great weapon for penetration along with the silence.

Dont even try hiting moving target past 300-350m, bullet travels so log you will have to aim way ahead of target.

• Like 1

Dont even try hiting moving target past 300-350m, bullet travels so log you will have to aim way ahead of target.

I know this is mainly a mid ranged weapon. If there is one thing Warz did get right it was the VSS and SVD ranges.

Is the VSS both full auto and semi auto yet or does that still have to be worked out. Been taking a break from the game for a bit and im still not sure which button they plan on using for switching firing modes.

I know this is mainly a mid ranged weapon. If there is one thing Warz did get right it was the VSS and SVD ranges.

Is the VSS both full auto and semi auto yet or does that still have to be worked out. Been taking a break from the game for a bit and im still not sure which button they plan on using for switching firing modes.

Still needs some work as most weapons with selectable fire can't use their feature. (IE: The MP5. Since it was implemented, you still can't change it's firing mode.)

It will be much better with semi-auto fire and 20 round mags.  ;)

• Like 1

Yah, i found a 10round mag the other day in the barracks at Zeleno.  Is this the max capacity that one can findatm?

Yah, i found a 10round mag the other day in the barracks at Zeleno.  Is this the max capacity that one can findatm?

Yes. Still not bad when 1 round can disable/kill a player.

• Like 1

Yeah true that, i think stalker had it at 20round (also with auto feature).

Will be interested to keep an eye out for it though.

Had found a couple of mags in the tents at NWAF a few hours after 0.59 had dropped and then found 2/3 helis but they were both Smoking Helis, fotunately last night I found my first Russian Heli and inside was my first VSS :D can't wait to test it in a combat situation but after pinging shots at zombies I'd agree it's pretty useless 300m+ lol

Edited by Tactical Nuke

Has anyone tried hunting with this rifle yet ? Interested to know if its a 1hkill on the large elk and cows . 

Has anyone tried hunting with this rifle yet ? Interested to know if its a 1hkill on the large elk and cows . 

Haven't tried, but before the last few days i've been out for a month or two...

But i was of the impression that most weapons could 1hit kill irrespective?  It was maybe .5x and i was 1hitting cows with .22 to the rump. 

Haven't tried, but before the last few days i've been out for a month or two...

But i was of the impression that most weapons could 1hit kill irrespective?  It was maybe .5x and i was 1hitting cows with .22 to the rump. 

My experience in .58 was multiple magnum shots required to kill cows.  Maybe 2-3.

The DayZ Gods that gifted me my first VSS decided the very next day to take it away (one of those annoying rewind after restart bugs). <_<

My experience in .58 was multiple magnum shots required to kill cows.  Maybe 2-3.

Two hits from a longhorn to the head/neck region in .58 was my experience.  I'll take my VSS hunting here in a moment.

Not quite VSS related, but i had an AKM+30mag+eastern silencer on the NE cliffs of Svetlo yesterday, watching bambies shoot eachother with un-suppressed weapons maybe 300 from me, down on the dock road.  I took maybe 1 shot at a stationary bambi who looked to be punching out a DC'er, and then 'crunch crunch crunch crunch' a zombie was coming up on me from the scrub from behind.

Not too sure how far away he was at the time, and not too sure whether it was me that pulled aggro or the sounds of their unsuppressed fire.

Be wary with silencers still atm it would seem.

yes, the 9x39mm round is quite powerfull even though it travels at subsonic speeds, the VSS was also featured in Stalker, and was one of the best and my favorite gun

it's basically a 7.62x39mm which is a bit wider, while the 7.62 weighs about 10 grams at max, the 9x39 weighs about 16 grams

due to the lower velocity it has way less penetration and kinetic energy, but is very effective against soft targets, since the 7.62 rounds are passing through soft targets easily,

i can only imagine that the 9x39 won't pass through and will create much bigger wounds in comparison to the 7.62

Yeah true that, i think stalker had it at 20round (also with auto feature).

Will be interested to keep an eye out for it though.

i think thats due to the geneva conventions of semi or automatic DMRs being limited to 10 rounds maximum, which is why you could put a MG36 100 Rnd mag on a 5.56 sniper rifle in some DayZ Mod installments, but only ever found them with a ten round mag

the 20rnd version in stalker didn't have a scope, at least in Stalker:SoC, in the later two games you could add a scope on the 20 rnd version via weapon crafting ;)
Edited by Zombo
  • Like 1

Haven't tried the VSS yet ,but i found an SVD two nights ago. That gun is insane. Took out 3 zombies from 500 meters and a player from 600. Stationary targets though. Insane that its also semi automatic.