TedZ

DayZ is peaceful

Hi all, got dayz from steam a couple of days ago. Waiting for my new gaming laptop to arrive now (I really don't want a desktop). I've spent a few hours playing it on a crappy laptop on lowest settings, found myself a crowbar and a rucksack but not seen another player yet. It looks like great fun if you play with friends, so I'm looking forward to getting into it.

Hello! Good to meet you. I´m Pete Sandoval. Now you see me - now you don´t! 

I`ve decided step out of the shadows, in which I observe and keeping my distance untill the madness has ended. I stalk potential bandits and investigate their motives.

The old squad died out. We were more than anything a union of like minded individuals.

Now the going gets tough, as a lone survivor. Let´s squad up and break some bones!

I´m 35 Earth Years and located in Denmark.

Patrolling Chernarus almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter!  B) 

Steam: DruidRaven

Edited by Druid_Raven

Hey everyone! My name is Chris, I'm new to the forums and fairly new to DayZ. I've heard of DayZ for awhile now and decided to try it out. Although it is in Alpha, MANY great times I've had with my friends and I've had the game for about 4 days now.

We usually stay away from confrontations, however we call ourselves "Wardens of the North(West)" since we hang around NWAF and surrounding cities.

One of the most fulfilling parts of this game( when you spawn) is just being able to meet up with your friends lol

-CeeMDee

*EDIT*

Also what are these beans? Are they like a thumbs up or do I only have 5 cans of beans to give people on the forum? 

Edited by CeeMDee

Welcome to DayZ! dont get attached to your gear and keep your expectations low. Oh, and dont litter Pustoshka with cans, please.

*EDIT*

Also what are these beans? Are they like a thumbs up or do I only have 5 cans of beans to give people on the forum?

beans are the equivalent of likes, karma, reputation and similar concepts on these forums. they are given as sign of agreement, respect or affection, to acknowledge a witty post or to express gratitude.

you have a finite amount of beans you can give per day, but i keep forgetting how many those are. the five cans in your profile are not related to the amount you have given, but to the amount you have recieved - im not entirely sure about the calculation though.

the five cans in your profile are not related to the amount you have given, but to the amount you have recieved - im not entirely sure about the calculation though.

Completely unrelated. People can go on your profile and click either of those, just like stars.

• Like 1

Completely unrelated. People can go on your profile and click either of those, just like stars.

i hope those arent deducted from the usual daily bean quota? :O

Hey all, in game name is zeano. Steam is zeanomourph. 24, from Aus.

I play friendly and only attack if genuinely threatened (not the perceived "he has a gun so I'll kill him just in case" BS). Usually lean towards lonewolf but am always up for some banter, fun times or even roleplay when I find someone who doesn't try to KoS me.

Only ever played standalone (not for lack of trying, the mod just wouldn't run on my "temporary" stand-in PC I had for 2 years when my gaming rig died). Played about 150hrs over the past week or two and loving every second so far, despite being on like my hundred-millionth character. Each respawn I survive a fair bit longer than the last so must be learning something  :thumbsup:

I play Reg with friends sometimes on the weekend but my main character is HC which I just started on yesterday, currently geared in biker leathers and camo (pretty much how I dress in RL heh) with splitter axe, ashwood bow (and carrying a Sporter.22 till I find some arrows or a pistol) and improv bag, stuffed & healthy relaxing by my home pond.

See you in the field (But you won't see me  ;)).

Edited by zeeabo

i hope those arent deducted from the usual daily bean quota? :o

Not that I know of. In default IP.Board it's a completely different system

I am Creeper, worlds most violent brony, leader of the NLR: Day Z Branch, Sergeant for Umbrella Tampa Facility, lover of fire arms and work in licensed security.

What more do you need to know?

• Like 1

What's up peeps? I'm Joe. I will be playing Dayz very shortly once my PC comes in. I have been watching YouTube videos (a lot) of how the game works and I know I will catch on quick. But I know there are a couple versions of this game so I was wondering if anyone wants to help out and tell me the differences between the two (or if there's more) and which one would be better for a beginner? Thanks and I will see some of y'all in action!

Hey everyone James here :)

26 from the UK been playing Dayz SA for a little bit and having fun but the whole lone wolf thing is getting kinda boring now :P thought i'd sign up too the forums and see if could find any people to group up with sometime :D

Hey Im Anıl, 22 years old and from Turkey.

I saw DayZ on youtube, instead of watching TV or other serious productions, I would watch people playing DayZ for hours, not that I owned the game or played any kind of mod versions, but it was looking real fun. So I decided to buy it a couple of weeks ago. Im usually playing alone, I dont have friends at the moment. I got tired of hostile people, nowadays I just run around big cities with a big backpack full of rotten fruits and books. I dont like killing people but looks like they do. my ingame name is nightvisit as well, so if you see me, dont shoot me, and if you shoot me dont open my back pack, the poisonous gas of rotten stuff can kill you instantly, it is so intense :D

Hoping to see more horror, zombies, and different kind of buildings in the future.

Hello I'm Henrique and I'm new at DayZ as almost everybody here. I got the game about 1 or 2 weeks ago but I didn't had time to play it yet.

I don't want to start the game by myself, DayZ is kind of boring when playing alone, would like to find some friends to play it with Skype or something like that!

BTW this is my Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HAmaral

Call me there if someone want to start too or help me to do it, but I would rather prefer to start with someone ;D

Thank you guys!

Hey everyone! My name is Chris, I'm new to the forums and fairly new to DayZ. I've heard of DayZ for awhile now and decided to try it out. Although it is in Alpha, MANY great times I've had with my friends and I've had the game for about 4 days now.

We usually stay away from confrontations, however we call ourselves "Wardens of the North(West)" since we hang around NWAF and surrounding cities.

One of the most fulfilling parts of this game( when you spawn) is just being able to meet up with your friends lol

-CeeMDee

*EDIT*

Hey, I'm Henrique and living acctually on Canada (BC). I've been looking for someone to play for an about 1 week and didn't find. I saw that u have some friends to play and I would like to ask if u guys would like to have one more :)

My Steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HAmaral

PS: I'm new at the game, I don't know a lot of stuff, I just want some influence or a kind of push to start it!

Thank You, man

Edited by hamaral

i am sooden, daughter of booze mistake, house of Rum. Normally play as caldera in dayz and i am friendly and like to helps. Kill me once shame on you, kill me twice, well, i'm imprested :P but rather be friends. Worth more to you alive, and wont cheat or lie to you in game, my word means to much.

Stars? would love a can of stars

Hello! Im Aamunkajo, cute kitty who apparently knows how to play video games. I like to be friendly but sometimes you got to do what you got to do if your friends are in danger. I like beans more than cat food. Shame its just so rare treat.

Hello! Im Aamunkajo, cute kitty who apparently knows how to play video games. I like to be friendly but sometimes you got to do what you got to do if your friends are in danger. I like beans more than cat food. Shame its just so rare treat.

if i see you, i will give you beans :) but just do you litter outside

if i see you, i will give you beans :) but just do you litter outside

Or in emergency give me an cooking pot :)

I'm Koby in-game. My Steam is Kusher54. Add me and let's play. Oh yeah, I'm 23 & very new to this game. 

My Steam name is Nick_Hutch, and when I play DayZ I follow a set of rules which have saved my pants more times than I remember;

If you carry a long weapon in your hands, I will shoot on sight.

If you carry a pistol or melee in your hands, I will kneecap on sight.

If you piss me off, attempt punching me, run around me in circles blasting HEYEAYEA at me, etc. I will dissect your character and sing along to your screams.

If I run across a gang of military survivors, I will combat log(jk)

If I run across a gang of military survivors, I will call my team of super ninjas who will slice you to bits with their hot dog buns.

If I run across a geared survivor who's not carrying a weapon, I will pronounce friendly and possibly have a chat, trade stories, sort through ammo, and even sometimes go on an adventure together which usually ends with me screaming "FUCKING STAIRS" into the mic over and over again.

You can always count on me to help newspawns, and if you say you remember me from DayZ forums, I'll throw in an extra can of beans for only $9.99!

Hi guys,

I'm HeySon, 23 from the UK (steam name duckverbal - feel free to hit me up) have just joined the forum and been playing Dayz for a few days now... I really can't get enough of it!

So far I've been murdered by snipers, an axe wielding maniac and, of course, a ladder  :lol:

I tend to frequent the hardcore servers and like to play friendly when possible. Loving the intense moments when running into other survivors! I don't KOS unless you give me a reason.

Currently sat in the arse-end of nowhere with a broken arm... I would trade my 1911 and most of my backpack for a stick haha.

Look forward to seeing you on there!

Edit: Scratch that trade, arm is fixed and found a mag for my .45. Dropping zeds & loving life

Edited by HeySon

I'm Rev and I haven't played the mod until recently, and I got SA as a gift and I have to say it's probably the worst community I have ever seen in a game to date. I have helped 3 people just to have them kill me after, and countless deaths to people (while unarmed) just because... I guess. there is no social interaction and no camaraderie just COD kids killing everyone they find. I really hope this continues, then we can put this sad game to bed. I'm glad it was a gift so I won't feel sorry for not playing it any longer. To all you social shut ins that enjoy this game, go outside from time to time, talk to people; maybe then you won't feel the need to kill everyone in a SURVIVAL game. shesh, children always ruin good games, and age has nothing to do with acting like a child.....