Sign in to follow this  
zombieland78

Mod zombies vs SA zombies

They look much much fresher than one should look after being outside and in the wild for days and days.

You think at the very least a couple would loose there shirts or worse being they act like animals now without any human intelligence.

6uYpZwV.png

dayz-standalone-wallpaper-zombie-face.jp

They look pretty nasty and dirty to me!

6uYpZwV.png

dayz-standalone-wallpaper-zombie-face.jp

They look pretty nasty and dirty to me!

Still the exact same scar's, markings and what not though.

Hopefully the new models add more variety. Cause im pretty sure your not going to meet the same looking person in every town with the exact same damaged look.

Edited by Deathlove

Hopefully the new models add more variety. Cause im pretty sure your not going to meet the same looking person in every town with the exact same damaged look.

Are you asking for individual zombies, or at least, enough zombie models so that you don't see the same model in every town?

That is .... probably never going to happen. The more models, the more memory they require, the more the game "shits the bed" for a lack of a better term.

I see many silly arguments in this thread, unfortunately. I expected more sense on the official forum, but clearly not.

There is no "real" definition of a zombie, because zombies have not existed. In the same way that in demonology there are thousands of different demons, you could say the same for "zombies". 

A "zombie" is what you see as the generalization of a zombie. It could look sick, it could look weathered, it could look fine, it could be covered in blood, it could be clean, but the simple analogy for a zombie, is a being that has contracted a virus that has caused it to take on a primal predatory cannibalistic state.

Deathlove, if I'm honest I really hate reading any of your posts as you either repeat something that somebody else has says, you talk absolute crap, or you go completely off-topic. Sometimes all at the same time.

So you'd like enough zombies, to not see them within a couple towns of each other? Do you realize how many models would need to be made? Zombies do not use a clothing system like player models do, although it would be cool.

The GTA V map is what, 50 miles squared? And I'd say it has hmm, a good couple hundred pedestrian models at a push, right? Well even in GTA, you will constantly see the same pedestrian within a block of eachother because when they spawn in such quantities(As people are requesting with zombies), it's rather tough to mix them up perfectly, and processing the information to check zombies in a 2 town radius and if there's any to not spawn them, would create a lot of load on the server.

The Chernarus Plus map is 140 miles squared, almost 3 times that of GTA 5. So you saying that you do not want to see the same zombie over and over, you are calling on an enormous task for something that if I'm honest, and I'm sure plenty of other players would agree with, doesn't bother me.

^ Another absolutely stupid statement of yours. Oh look, they both have blood pouring from their mouth. They must be the exact same, surely it's just a copy and paste!

No. Look closer and finer into detail, and maybe the natural instinct that although named common sense is rather uncommon around these parts will kick in, and you will see that there has been a lot of time put into each and every model to differ them from others.

Maybe it's just me, being from a modelling/texturing background I have learned to look further into them. 

Maybe you should stop posting for a little while.

Edited by 7Sixty2

..//..

Deathlove, if I'm honest I really hate ready any of your posts as you either repeat something that somebody else has says, you talk absolute crap, or you go completely off-topic. Sometimes all at the same time.

..//..

He's totally right about that, Deathlove

I LOVE ya for it, dude - keep doing it. xxx

And you also make some good points 7Sixty2

For zombie models - the BI team are 100% capable of doing the models they WANT, no problem, zero problem, ziltch.. they are GOOD at modelling/texturing, we all know that. They can do EXACTLY the zombie models they want looking exactly how they want them.

The ONLY 'problem' is how MANY zombies and how they ACT.

This is a technical challenge because of the AI involved and because of the processing timespace available on the DayZ SA instance.

This complex, difficult work will decide, in fact - how dangerous and how important the zombies are in the game.

I really do think they are working on it.

xx

===============

in case anyone missed Pingu

check it out and never regret it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69vHcK4x3J0

pingu is real

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

I really hate ready any of your posts

I really hate ready any of your posts to buddy! 83

Besides HALF of these arguments are ALL the same crap anyways man. Im not going to stay 100% focused on the topic when its the same exact thing posted by ppl over and over and OVER AND OVER again.

So you'd like enough zombies, to not see them within a couple towns of each other? Do you realize how many models would need to be made? Zombies do not use a clothing system like player models do, although it would be cool.

The GTA V map is what, 50 miles squared? And I'd say it has hmm, a good couple hundred pedestrian models at a push, right? Well even in GTA, you will constantly see the same pedestrian within a block of eachother because when they spawn in such quantities(As people are requesting with zombies), it's rather tough to mix them up perfectly, and processing the information to check zombies in a 2 town radius and if there's any to not spawn them, would create a lot of load on the server.

The Chernarus Plus map is 140 miles squared, almost 3 times that of GTA 5. So you saying that you do not want to see the same zombie over and over, you are calling on an enormous task for something that if I'm honest, and I'm sure plenty of other players would agree with, doesn't bother me.

^ Another absolutely stupid statement of yours. Oh look, they both have blood pouring from their mouth. They must be the exact same, surely it's just a copy and paste!

No. Look closer and finer into detail, and maybe the natural instinct that although named common sense is rather uncommon around these parts will kick in, and you will see that there has been a lot of time put into each and every model to differ them from others.

Maybe it's just me, being from a modelling/texturing background I have learned to look further into them. 

Well im not asking for hundreds and hundreds of new model types and variants but  a few extras would suffice. Maybe put them in different clothing and what not to spice things up rather than wearing the same thing. And i can live with the same markings and scars on the zombie characters i was just pointing out after awhile its pretty much looks like the same types of damage and marking in every town you go to. In reality there would be so many different types of wounds and scratches and deformations on these former ppl from all kinds of fights.

Maybe you should stop posting for a little while.

Sorry if im bugging ya bud thats not my intent. However if you don't like it and cant seem to find any common ground with me i would kindly ask you to go fuck off.

He's totally right about that, Deathlove

I LOVE ya for it, dude - keep doing it. xxx

I already gave him an answer to that if you look above this lol.

I love you guys to. :P

Wow, the first thing you pick at is the ONE wrongly spelled word in my post, yet the grammar in yours is as poor as anything. Smart.

We're only just half way over the road to beta mate, be patient.

We're only just half way over the road to beta mate, be patient.

Yes, but in the mean time if you have anything you want to say to me that doesn't involve zombies i suggest you put it in message's rather than dragging it off topic here.

Hello there

the personal attacks stop now.

Simple as that.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 3

Have you seen the Day Z Standalone "zombies" up close? They look ..... pretty sick. They have blood leaking from their facial orifices, look disheveled, and are pale and covered in dirt. They aren't fresh and in their Sunday Best.

Yes.  I think they look fine.  I'd just like to see thousands of them wandering around.

• Like 1

Slow zombies are not a threat.

I'd prefer zombies to be a threat.

They are a threat if they're remorseless and in big numbers. One false move and you are food.

L

• Like 1

They are a threat if they're remorseless and in big numbers. One false move and you are food.

L

How so, exactly?

They shuffle at you. Slowly, might I add. Things like stairs would be a major obstacle. All you have to do to avoid harm is to move at a slight jog.

I find "slow zombies" HILARIOUS, not threatening. The only way you can actually be killed by them is if you take a solid grab of the "idiot ball".

I really do not understand that argument, sorry.

Well, we are seeing mini hordes in experimental at the moment, which is freaking cool.

Me and three mates decided to call in some infected at Zelenogorst military base and believe me, it was a wild ride! Even though they were slow movers we kept getting hit from behind as more infected came in from every opening while we were shooting the ones in front of us. Ended up having to retreat to the red roof barn up the hill after killing probably 40 in the base and ended up killing another 20 from there.

So, with the current numbers you can get in a world of hurt, even with 4 people. If you are by yourself, you will be in trouble. Given that the current number in experimental is probably around 1000 total, just think when they get to their final number of 5000 plus...scary just thinking about it. Also, add in the dynamic hordes that have been mentioned by the devs, Chernarous is going to become truly scary!!!

Just like to finish up with this, the infected are still WIP, and have a lot of improvements on the way. I can't wait for the time where people start thinking, there's too many infected in that town to even bother going in as I don't have enough ammo to take care of them all!!

• Like 3

I find the zombies now, in 0.59 exp. are awesome. Roaming around in a big city is downright dangerous by yourself if you're not careful. It seems they are attracted to loud sounds so just shooting one in your way doesn't seem to work unless you have a suppressed weapon. Going stealth is a serious option now and it gives looting a whole new dimension, making it slightly more difficult to loot at will. I've been overwhelmed by these fast moving z's more than once and it's terrifying.

Keep those bandages close! 

I preffer zombies like World War Z .. fast and  dangerous .......

Well, we are seeing mini hordes in experimental at the moment, which is freaking cool.

Me and three mates decided to call in some infected at Zelenogorst military base and believe me, it was a wild ride! Even though they were slow movers we kept getting hit from behind as more infected came in from every opening while we were shooting the ones in front of us. Ended up having to retreat to the red roof barn up the hill after killing probably 40 in the base and ended up killing another 20 from there.

So, with the current numbers you can get in a world of hurt, even with 4 people. If you are by yourself, you will be in trouble. Given that the current number in experimental is probably around 1000 total, just think when they get to their final number of 5000 plus...scary just thinking about it. Also, add in the dynamic hordes that have been mentioned by the devs, Chernarous is going to become truly scary!!!

Just like to finish up with this, the infected are still WIP, and have a lot of improvements on the way. I can't wait for the time where people start thinking, there's too many infected in that town to even bother going in as I don't have enough ammo to take care of them all!!

Not only this but ammo becoming rare and valuable so you're carrying your 10 bullets and 50 zombies are running at you

This will finally make cities a dangerous place - because if you are forced to fire a gun you are fucked because you will have to hide in a tiny building with huge horde storming in and you don't have enough ammo or risk running away from of the city into the open field but then people can spot you from a mile away because you have a huge horde following you

Edited by Sperglord
  • Like 1

Trumphet  and Sporter rifles will be very usefull weapons. If devs make things right, infected/zombies shouldnt hear shots from farther that 50 meters. So if you are not PvP Rambo type of player, that is how looting in big cities will look like....I hope

Trumphet and Sporter rifles will be very usefull weapons. If devs make things right, infected/zombies shouldnt hear shots from farther that 50 meters. So if you are not PvP Rambo type of player, that is how looting in big cities will look like....I hope

The infected still react to the sporter and trumpet, which makes silenced weapons key. Pistol suppressors only seem to be spawning in US choppers in experimental, so it is hard to find. The Amphibian is amazing at stealth clearing a city, crouch walking around and taking HS only. Been using this method when I run solo, but will still snipe infected from a distance for fun and target practice.

The infected still react to the sporter and trumpet, which makes silenced weapons key. Pistol suppressors only seem to be spawning in US choppers in experimental, so it is hard to find. The Amphibian is amazing at stealth clearing a city, crouch walking around and taking HS only. Been using this method when I run solo, but will still snipe infected from a distance for fun and target practice.

Yes I know, that is why I wrote: "If devs make it right". Or, you can make few improvised supressors, they can make 7-8 shots. And if you are really stealthy and score headshots every time, it can be cheap way to loot towns. I miss old mod days with supressed M4 or G36

They are ok, demons i cant stand.

Its pretty much the same over and over because they dont have the team to make it better.

but they also go through the walls too in arma 3, exile, ryan zombies....

I haven't seen a single Ryan's zombie going through a wall. (And I've seen a LOT in the custom maps I make).