Sign in to follow this  
.joeys

Suggestion for putting a pistol in your pants as a holster...

Okay, so if anyone's reading, I'm pretty sure we know what the game The Walking Dead is, by telltales, season one. Remember how Lee puts his pistol in the back of his pants? In between his pants and shirt? It's just a cool thought, it would look cool and would help with inventory space, you could just shove a pistol in the back of your pants, like in the picture, or this link: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/pull-gun-out-pants-man-pulling-back-his-38369758.jpg

*Forgets to put safety on and gun goes off*

Bad situation for any sorry survivor that has a bubble butt.

Seriously though, that would look pretty cool. But some clothing would have big enough pockets for carrying a pistol, so maybe there should be an option for carrying it in both your clothes and in the back of your pants? That way you'd have a second pistol to fall back on if you ran out of ammo.

Edited by Kirby12352
  • Like 1

it would look cool

You watch (and believe) too much TV.  For your waistband to be loose enough to jam a pistol down inside, you'll end up with the aforementioned firearm jammed between your cheeks or up your arse.  If your waistband is too tight the weapon will drop/bounce out during normal walking/running.

On the other hand, I could probably convince you that you could carry extra rounds using your nostrils/ears/mouth and save even more valuable inventory space.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

You watch (and believe) too much TV.  For your waistband to be loose enough to jam a pistol down inside, you'll end up with the aforementioned firearm jammed between your cheeks or up your arse.  If your waistband is too tight the weapon will drop/bounce out during normal walking/running.

On the other hand, I could probably convince you that you could carry extra rounds using your nostrils/ears/mouth and save even more valuable inventory space.

Hmm good point, I didn't think of the waistband being too tight. Then again though, this is a game where you can magically pull an SMG out of your backpack in about 2 seconds.

And then, as you walk, you either blow a hole in your asscheek, or blow one/both of "the boys" off.

Pass

To be perfectly honest, this is a viable form of carrying a pistol. It's called mexican carry.

I'm not at all against this as long as you couldn't do this with certain pairs of pants. The major problem is not that they would be too tight, but they would be too lose and wouldn't be able to support the firearm. So no doing it with tracky dacks.

It is a dangerous form of carry but it can be done. But there is a trick that makes it easier if you have a belt. Which I wouldn't mind being a requirement. It's a loop of string which provides a place for the firearm to rest so it won't slide down your pants and keeps it in one spot. Just a piece of string or a shooelace is all you need.

dscn0753l.jpg

Oh, some history on the subject.

• Like 3

Just a piece of string or a shooelace is all you need.

Because that could never get tangled round a safety catch, hammer, mag release, trigger or foresight at exactly the moment you really, really need your pistol in hand - nosireebob.

For most real pistols and most real jackets or pants, carrying the gun in an ordinary pocket is an incredibly bad idea.

It weighs far too much to hang in a pocket, it pulls your clothes around. Try it with any metal object the same weight as a revolver.

You cant get it out, it catches in the lining. I mean - it really gets STUCK, ya know?

It's hell. It's the last thing you need in a firefight.

• Like 1

Hello there

Also, dont forget that many folk  you see putting their "pistol in their pants' will actually have a holster there but on the inside of the trouser/pant. ie https://www.copsplus.com/inside-the-pantholsters.php

As it *is* the apocalypse and gun safety, for many, wont be an issue i can see folk trying this. Whether they are successful or blow their bums off is another matter.

Rdgs

LoK

Ps dont forget guns are surprisingly heavy for their size.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

Because that could never get tangled round a safety catch, hammer, mag release, trigger or foresight at exactly the moment you really, really need your pistol in hand - nosireebob.

Triggers aren't exposed. Mag release should be above the belt line as should the hammer. Safety is just as unlikely. String goes around the barrel/slide and is stopped by the trigger guard if sized properly.

The sight is the most likely snag point but pockets are worse than this. It isn't a quick draw setup but it's more secure than stuffing it in your belt. Retention is important.

Edited by Dchil

As others have said, it's a bit too impractical to be done as is, and the clipping that would result from actually having to animate the weapon tucked in would be nightmarish. Some form of semi-concealed way of carrying weapons isn't a horrible idea, but as is this basically just asking for another dedicated weapon slot, because chances are you'll always have pants on.

How about being able to craft a gun sleeve like in taxi driver?

:)

XQCftTV.png

Okay, so if anyone's reading, I'm pretty sure we know what the game The Walking Dead is, by telltales, season one. Remember how Lee puts his pistol in the back of his pants? In between his pants and shirt? It's just a cool thought, it would look cool and would help with inventory space, you could just shove a pistol in the back of your pants, like in the picture, or this link: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/pull-gun-out-pants-man-pulling-back-his-38369758.jpg

Mexican carry, finger on trigger while drawing it.

Yep, safe to say that the picture is of a certified dumbass.

Yes, can be done. No, not for any purpose other than quickly concealing a weapon for an emergency/ ambush

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 1

Because if we can't have real realism, we can at least have movie-realism.

• Like 1

Because if we can't have real realism, we can at least have movie-realism.

64l3j5.png

• Like 2

'Realism' is cited a lot, but it's a term that's cherry picked a lot. For example, it might not be realistic to keep a pistol in your pocket because it'd fall out or bounce around or get caught or whatever - but nobody complains that you can fit 4 cans of beans in your pockets. Nobody complains that you can fit 4 books in your pockets. An entire cooking pot. A bear trap. Only 4 pens. Sometimes realism has to take a back seat to videogame logic.

'Realism' is cited a lot, but it's a term that's cherry picked a lot. For example, it might not be realistic to keep a pistol in your pocket because it'd fall out or bounce around or get caught or whatever - but nobody complains that you can fit 4 cans of beans in your pockets. Nobody complains that you can fit 4 books in your pockets. An entire cooking pot. A bear trap. Only 4 pens. Sometimes realism has to take a back seat to videogame logic.

.....Actually, plenty of people on these forums complain about the completely-nonsensical inventory system, and want to see a "more realistic" sytstem

*snip*

OMG, my mom had a very awkward trip to the doctor with my little brother to get spent 22 shells removed from his nose. The doc who delivered all of us was pretty cool simply saying "Be careful where you point him, he's loaded" 

• Like 4

Hello there

Not arguing per game (it is a game we are talking about and concealed carry in this way *could* work) but this is an interesting article as well as arguments on both sides in the comments.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2015/07/27/concealed-carry-myths-dont-need-holster/

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

wouldnt work , too many clipping issues with all the different jackets, dresses and shirts 

what would be nice is belts and belt holsters 

They make a clip(not magazine) for glocks that makes carrying a pistol in the small of your back viable. I know it's fine cause I've got one on my old G19.

You swap out the rear firing pin plate and replace it with a new one that has two threaded holes machined into it and then you just bolt the clip onto the new plate. The clip travels down the right side of the slide and terminates under the ejection port. It's really slick and on the few occasions I've carried the glock with me it's been secure and as comfortable as can be for carrying a pistol of that size.

http://clipdraw.com/product/best-glock-concealed-carry-holsters/

They've got it on the wrong side in that pic, but you can see where it tapers off to go under the ejector. I guess in theory either side is fine.

Bad situation for any sorry survivor that has a bubble butt.

Seriously though, that would look pretty cool. But some clothing would have big enough pockets for carrying a pistol, so maybe there should be an option for carrying it in both your clothes and in the back of your pants? That way you'd have a second pistol to fall back on if you ran out of ammo.

Yeah, that is what I mean, having an option 

http://clipdraw.com/product/best-glock-concealed-carry-holsters/See the clip? Stuff like that could work. Also, on almost all of the pants, there are belts