infiltrator

All you Hardcore players packed it up and left?

There's almost never 2 1PP servers with more than 20 people on. I won't get into which game mode is "better", but I can say for myself that I'd rather not play dayz at all than play on a 3rd person server.

At the beggining I was kind of expecting more and more people to switch over to 1PP after getting the hang of things in 3rd person. But apparently I was wrong and it saddens me it's so hard to find populated servers now.

I figure a lot of you browse this forum, so why'd you quit? Peer pressure? Lack of zombies?

You ever played on the DayZ Underground server...whenever i try and get on it is always full.

• Like 1

You ever played on the DayZ Underground server...whenever i try and get on it is always full.

No. Where is it, us? I play from EU so maybe I don't see it. Regardless you cant deny the lack of 1pp pop.

It is from US and i don't have much trouble playing from Australia.

I agree that there are a lack of 1PP servers but unfortunately 90% of the player base plays exclusively on 3PP servers.

• Like 1

-snip-

I LOVE IT ! , Bye Bye 1pp only  :)

:facepalm:    lol

We are waiting for infected to return.

The 3PP people are more the PvP only people....

• Like 7

They probably went to the same place all the infected did.

• Like 2

Dayzunderground: almost always full

UN Clan servers: generally full-ish.

I watch an English player named Dannyy. I'm guessing he plays on EU based servers. Whine less and look harder perhaps? ;)

• Like 2

I figure a lot of you browse this forum, so why'd you quit? Peer pressure? Lack of zombies?

Just got burned out with DayZ in general. Played since the first month of the mod... there's only so long you stay interested with the same game. Will return in the future but there has to be some major changes before that.

I play 3PP with my clan for PvP (and I almost always switch to 1PP for the actual firefight). 1PP-only servers are for my "hardcore survival" characters, of which I haven't exactly played in a while, due to the lack of, you know, "survival" in the game.

• Like 2

There's almost never 2 1PP servers with more than 20 people on. I won't get into which game mode is "better", but I can say for myself that I'd rather not play dayz at all than play on a 3rd person server.

At the beggining I was kind of expecting more and more people to switch over to 1PP after getting the hang of things in 3rd person. But apparently I was wrong and it saddens me it's so hard to find populated servers now.

I played both 3pp and 1pp. i was always hoping 'hardcore' would actually be more then 1pp and actually be hard.. like rarer weapons and ammo, more focus on being glad to just have the basics, etc. at any rate i feel like the SA has diverged too far from the vanilla mod which is what i was hoping for originally. i have no intention to start playing again until release or modding- which ever comes first.

• Like 1

I prefer 1p too. I'm also playing on EU servers (mostly DayZtv.com.private), but as the OP said, they are always low pop... Even on 3p servers, I play in 1p ;-)

but I hope the 1p players will be return later in development.

• Like 1

i prefer 1PP myself, but i swithched to 3PP because i have trouble finding  private hive 1PP servers with high pop. sad days :(

SHAME! Like I said I'd rather quit the game than deal with people looking over walls or behind corners without exposure.

I don't know what the devs think about this. Do they even acknowledge it as a problem? 

• Like 1

I have noticed the emptyness in 1st person too... It's even harder for me to find at least half-full servers, because I mostly play on mornings. I get up as my gf is leaving for school. Then, being unemployed, I either fiddle my thumbs the whole day or run around on almost empty Eu servers :D It would be very easy for me to gear up, too easy, but I enjoy "mid-tier" stuff the most so... What should I do? Camp hunting is kinda fun, but also gets quite boring on an empty server... Recently I have started to play on servers that are overseas, on a different timezone, such as dayzunderground. It's at least partially full at 8am UTC+2, but after an hour or so it also starts emptying up rapidly... Thankfully some of the servers are at least somewhat full on evenings, maybe 1 or 2 of 'em. That's not much to choose from, though...

I'm jealous of the 3rd person players and the variety in servers they get to choose from. I enjoy having several different characters on different private hives. Once in a while I get an urge to start anew. The ideal situation would be that I could just start playing on a new server, with a new character. Not possible. I have to suicide one of my 2-4 "finished" characters. This leads to me committing suicide at least once a week with one of my chars :D Usually going out in a blaze of glory isn't even possible because of low player numbers. It's easier to suicide than to run around for several hours, trying to find someone to kill me.

Once in a while I try to start playing on 3rd person servers, but that leads nowhere as I get bored and unimmersed the moment I spawn in. I wish I could play on 3rd person, but it seems I'm not desperate enough for it yet...

But, all in all, I guess this drought of players is just temporary. It seems to me that a lot of players are currently taking a break, waiting for the infected to return, renderer, etc. This obviously affects 1st person more, because we were already a minority... Let's hope for better days!

• Like 1

This is the only reason 3PP sucks. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for 3PP draining the 1PP servers, just to be able to camp and peek behind corners... Oh, I'm sorry. I meant "be able to 'see their character'".

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

Only playing Exp (when available) but will play both 1st & 3rd pp for experimental purposes.

Preference (Stable) will always be 1st person unless playing with my noob teammates, when playing solo, always 1st person.

Don't turn this into a 1st vs 3rd debate, it is not the subject.

• Like 3

We're still here, and not many have left in my opinion. But there's never been many of us anyway...   ;)

Can't wait for next experimental build to come. My only hope is that we always have at least a few 1PP experimental servers when there's a new build. I was very sad a couple of builds ago, when they suddenly were all removed for a while... These were my saddest DayZ days.  :(

• Like 2

As already said, DayZ Underground and Oldschool are usually the most populated ones, Oldschool being EU, and both being Whitelisted afaik. 

UKA had one of the top ranked 1PP Servers, but we upped and left Vilayer for Fragnet, never managing to pick the 1PP populous back up on the server, yet.

Edited by Euphobia

Perhaps the devs could try pushing 1st person forward from time to time to combat it's dwindling popularity. Just something to urge ppl to at least to give it a try.

I remember feeling like a second class citizen when there were 70 and 100 player server tests on experimental, but all of 'em 3rd person. I understood why, though; 3rd person is more popular and they wanted to fill up the servers to test their stability. Experimental isn't supposed to be fair, the only reason of experimental branch is to test stuff in the most effective way.

This just got me to thinking that what if all the experimental servers were to be 1st person only, for the duration of certain experimental branch testing, for example .59? I think many of the 3rd person enthusiasists would still suck it up and play on 1st person servers to test a long-awaited, new patch and the servers would fill up just fine. I think. If the popularity wasn't where it was supposed to be, the devs could just open the 3rd person servers (if it wasn't too much of a hassle). This way some of the 3rd person players who haven't really got used to 1st person might just get used to it and even like it. And if not, they could always wait for the patch to hit stable and play the game how they want to play it (It's something that, I, as a 1st person player, have done during an exp branch that didn't have any 1st person servers). A bit artficial, yes, but I seriously think the 1st person servers might need some artificial help...

Edited by Sister Ray
  • Like 4

SHAME! Like I said I'd rather quit the game than deal with people looking over walls or behind corners without exposure.

I don't know what the devs think about this. Do they even acknowledge it as a problem? 

I love DayZ too mutch to quit :) . but without infected, being almost alone on those 200+km² is beyond boring. i had good fun with german guys i met on a 3PP, even if we peek corners :lol: .

As already said, DayZ Underground and Oldschool are usually the most populated ones, Oldschool being EU, and both being Whitelisted afaik. 

UKA had one of the top ranked 1PP Servers, but we upped and left Vilayer for Fragnet, never managing to pick the 1PP populous back up on the server, yet.

i was sad to see that UKA turned low pop. that snowball effect is sick, the most people you have the more people will try to join. the less you have, well... it will stay empty. i'm kinda bored with whitelist server too, making a candidate letter for a game is way to serious for me plus moost of the time, whitelist = RP and i HATE roleplaying mechanics usually involved (why makes rules for a sandbox game ?). i hope you'll regain some players, i'll be back on UKA 1PP ;)

Edited by Zboub le météor