shifehoe

Newbie question about server abuse

Hello I am new to the forums and kinda new to dayz been playing about 6 months. Yesterday Me and a friend had searched for a few hours looking for a battery for a truck we had found two glow plugs already just needed that battery. We finally found one and we started to head up to Lopatino where we had seen a truck the day before and the truck wasn't there but we found another battery so I told my buddy Im tired of running lets hop to another server maybe a truck will be sitting here.

Now I only play on like 5 servers and its the little to no population servers I use I don't want to kill anyone that's not why I am playing the game. In 6 months I have killed two people and they fired on me first so self defense is my plea.

So after we jump to a server with no one on it We.Hit.Nothing server there was our unicorn no more running so we jump in and proceed to go up to Novaya but we only make it to Vavilovo and we both get kicked from the server. We both asked at the same time why did we get kicked? so then we sat for a minute talking about losing our battery and glow plug so we both said yeah lets just jump back on and see whats up. So my buddy the one that found the battery and glow plug in the truck logged back in didn't even get loaded all the way in to the game and black screen you are dead I was already logging back in so he starts telling me hey Im dead don't log back in but it was to late I was already at please wait so he tells me if your not dead grab my battery and plug so as soon as I loaded I went to the truck and I hear a voice so I start looking around and I don't see anyone but I hear my name my buddys name you don't get the hint do you we don't want you here now leave and I was kicked again so I called it quits figured it was a lost cause didn't want him to kill me while loading like he did my buddy. So my question is can a server owner do things like this to anyone with out explanation with out any justification? Just kicking and killing someone just for driving down the road on his/her server? If the one who did this to us see's this I would really like to know why. Thanks for any info in advance.

Edited by shifehoe

I don't think server owners are supposed to kick people without cause, especially if it's a public server.  So you could probably report it.

Take the name and IP from the server and report him to the Abuse section from his provider

Hello I am new to the forums and kinda new to dayz been playing about 6 months. Yesterday Me and a friend had searched for a few hours looking for a battery for a truck we had found two glow plugs already just needed that battery. We finally found one and we started to head up to Lopatino where we had seen a truck the day before and the truck wasn't there but we found another battery so I told my buddy Im tired of running lets hop to another server maybe a truck will be sitting here.

Now I only play on like 5 servers and its the little to no population servers I use I don't want to kill anyone that's not why I am playing the game. In 6 months I have killed two people and they fired on me first so self defense is my plea.

So after we jump to a server with no one on it We.Hit.Nothing server there was our unicorn no more running so we jump in and proceed to go up to Novaya but we only make it to Vavilovo and we both get kicked from the server. We both asked at the same time why did we get kicked? so then we sat for a minute talking about losing our battery and glow plug so we both said yeah lets just jump back on and see whats up. So my buddy the one that found the battery and glow plug in the truck logged back in didn't even get loaded all the way in to the game and black screen you are dead I was already logging back in so he starts telling me hey Im dead don't log back in but it was to late I was already at please wait so he tells me if your not dead grab my battery and plug so as soon as I loaded I went to the truck and I hear a voice so I start looking around and I don't see anyone but I hear my name my buddys name you don't get the hint do you we don't want you here now leave and I was kicked again so I called it quits figured it was a lost cause didn't want him to kill me while loading like he did my buddy. So my question is can a server owner do things like this to anyone with out explanation with out any justification? Just kicking and killing someone just for driving down the road on his/her server? If the one who did this to us see's this I would really like to know why. Thanks for any info in advance.

Your friend most likely died because he was kicked whilst the truck was moving. This happens sometimes if you lose connection whilst driving a truck.

The admins are very unlikely to have been near you. Admins can talk in Global chat to the whole server.

It's not just a matter of you should report them, you HAVE to report them, both you and your friend. Abuses of public servers like this is a real problem. If they want to pull crap like that, then they can pay the extra for a private hive and not ruin the item economy on public servers.

• Like 2

I really wish devs put a stop to abusing admins. All you gotta do is filter a server with less then 5 people and in about 5 minutes you could shut down or warn at least a dozen of them. I don't hop servers so I rarely stumble upon something like that. I've tested it for a bit and the amount of abusive admins and server names that are against the rules is ridiciluos.

• Like 3

What we really need is for BI to facilitate a volunteer position to aggregate all of these public server admin violations and have someone of authority verify the offenses and lock them out of their paid-for servers for a month for each infraction.  That way, only a few jackasses with the money to burn will be able to continue ruining it for others. 

Seriously, how hard is it to look at the server list, and lock each server that has a prohibited name?  If you make rules, yet do not enforce them, you are telling people that the rules are not to be followed.  I might even be in support of account bans for public server admin abuse.  This is why I only play official servers, unless I'm on a war path and expecting random loss of everything anyway.

I want to see these forums flooded with people bitching about being banned because they think that paying for the server negates any rules.  I also want to see a server list in which the highly populated servers don't have names that are pulled out of a grab-bag of terms like "high loot" "4x loot" "extra helicrashes", basically anything with LOOT in the name--as expressly forbidden by the hosting rules.

• Like 5

Easiest way to stop this would be not allow to rent public servers anymore for a while. When more servers are really needed again, the rental could start again. Then it's easy to ban and filter every shit admin/server and there's no chance that he or his friend would rent a server again in the public list for a good long time.

But I guess this is a money thing because BIS gets money this way so...

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

Easiest way to stop this would be not allow to rent public servers anymore for a while. When more servers are really needed again, the rental could start again. Then it's easy to ban and filter every shit admin/server and there's no chance that he or his friend would rent a server again in the public list for a good long time.

But I guess this is a money thing because BIS gets money this way so...

I don't understand how that will resolve anything.  Just take it away from everybody to show them that the select few are doing it wrong and then give it back whenever they feel like it?

How about just fix the problem?  GameServers does not allow me to use specific words in the title of server or in the motd.  I am not sure how other server hosting companies work in comparison but there has to be a way to resolve this in the future.  As of right now, there is no rush to resolve this issue nor the abuse of kick/banning players until they have time or the game is farther along.  I understand the frustration of this, but I also understand that it is not a priority.

Edited by schwaBAM

I don't understand how that will resolve anything.  Just take it away from everybody to show them that the select few are doing it wrong and then give it back whenever they feel like it?

How about just fix the problem?  GameServers does not allow me to use specific words in the title of server or in the motd.  I am not sure how other server hosting companies work in comparison but there has to be a way to resolve this in the future.  As of right now, there is no rush to resolve this issue nor the abuse of kick/banning players until they have time or the game is farther along.  I understand the frustration of this, but I also understand that it is not a priority.

I bet none of those abusive servers have been there for too long and they're likely pretty fresh. I kind of feel pointless to report even when there are thousands of servers and potentially one bad goes down, two comes up as quickly.

Also why anyone would even need a public server actually? I understand the people who want to help shape the game but public servers could be restricted more because there's already enough of them. The reality is the public server rental system begs to be abused.

The ops entire post could have been said in three sentences instead of that run on stuff that gave me a headache.  i shall sum it up for future readers of the thread.

"I joined a server, got in a truck, got kicked and had a friend with me, please help us."

I bet none of those abusive servers have been there for too long and they're likely pretty fresh. I kind of feel pointless to report even when there are thousands of servers and potentially one bad goes down, two comes up as quickly.

Also why anyone would even need a public server actually? I understand the people who want to help shape the game but public servers could be restricted more because there's already enough of them. The reality is the public server rental system begs to be abused.

Reporting admin abuse isn't that time & effort consuming, and besides it's the only way to work against that phenomena, even if it feels pointless.

The reality is also, that it's great for private servers that publics exist. Public servers make private servers better than they would be just by themselves. Big part of attractiveness of public servers is based on server hopping (read: cheating),  and this is why there are admins who have these "testing only/don't join or kick"-servers, they are abusing the public system. Because of that there is A LOT of juvenile crap and cheating going on in public servers.

So, just imagine all these abusive admins and willingly cheating players would move from their public servers to private servers you like to play in, to use their creative minds to find loopholes, glitches & bugs to serve their idea of gaming.

I mean there is a lot of stupid stuff going on in private servers already. No need for extra.

Had an admin kill my friend the other day so I showed up and rek'd him and his buddy, he was begging for his life as I had him on the ground with his hands up but I knew what he was doing, he was stalling while he got into the dev console so he could reset and save himself, that didn't happen. I yelled FUCK YOU as I blasted him and sure enough about 30 seconds later it reset, causing all of my friends gear to vanish with it. The admin then proceeded to reset the server every time we got on and spouted some shit over global chat about us being homosexuals so we went to his TS to discuss with him the error of his ways but he got a bit mad cause some harsh words were used. I showed him the rules for public hosting and he promptly banned me from the TS. He then began kicking us from the server over and over again so we emailed his provider and they shut it down lol.

Its back up now and we love looting on it, I especially love when I see that he is playing because he knows us by name, we go to his server, get all the good loot, kill him when possible and there is nothing he can do about it but GIT GUD.

This is how you fight asshole admins.

Also, to all you guys saying there is no point to reporting servers because when they get one taken down they just open another, you gotta realize this costs them a good deal of cash, server hosting is $60-$100 a month + Setup fees, every time you knock one of their servers out you cost them money.

Also note, breaking the rules once does not mean they will get shut down, just that they will get a strike against them, if they continue to misbehave they will be shut down with no refunds.

why would you rent a public server?

why would you rent something you can't control?

It cost  $229.71  Quarterly to rent a dayz server so $229.71 versus raging on the Internet, I think the money will win every time. :emptycan: 

What we really need is for BI to facilitate a volunteer position to aggregate all of these public server admin violations and have someone of authority verify the offenses and lock them out of their paid-for servers for a month for each infraction. 

FFS this BIS!

In a week I bet one person would have cleaned up a shit load of servers. given a month I bet the problem will be over. The person would be looking out for shitty admins or stupid names.

However, I don't care how much money they have, they break the rules, they get a few warnings and then they are gone.

Having the person here on the forums would be even better. It would incentivise the community to report shitty servers and when they get reported, this is who we send....

Judge_Dredd_01.jpg

Had an admin kill my friend the other day so I showed up and rek'd him and his buddy, he was begging for his life as I had him on the ground with his hands up but I knew what he was doing, he was stalling while he got into the dev console so he could reset and save himself, that didn't happen. I yelled FUCK YOU as I blasted him and sure enough about 30 seconds later it reset, causing all of my friends gear to vanish with it. The admin then proceeded to reset the server every time we got on and spouted some shit over global chat about us being homosexuals so we went to his TS to discuss with him the error of his ways but he got a bit mad cause some harsh words were used. I showed him the rules for public hosting and he promptly banned me from the TS. He then began kicking us from the server over and over again so we emailed his provider and they shut it down lol.

Its back up now and we love looting on it, I especially love when I see that he is playing because he knows us by name, we go to his server, get all the good loot, kill him when possible and there is nothing he can do about it but GIT GUD.

This is how you fight asshole admins.

You post is copypasta.  I specifically remember reading this same exact post a few weeks ago, and at that time, I even recognized seeing it before.  I must ask, do you just like bragging about that one time that you got the best of a badmin, are you stuck n a time loop of playing the same abusive server over and over, or is it all just a lie you keep telling to feel like you have some valid input on the subject?

• Like 2

Funny, in over 800 hours in the game, 65% public on stable, 5% on public private and 30% public experimental (estimated) I have never been kicked, and I server hopped too. Never even heard or read an admin. (well to be honest, I heard an admin using global chat once about a year ago, but I think he forgot he was on global chat). Same with hackers, never saw one. Now am I lucky or is the problem really not that big?

Funny, in over 800 hours in the game, 65% public on stable, 5% on public private and 30% public experimental (estimated) I have never been kicked, and I server hopped too. Never even heard or read an admin. (well to be honest, I heard an admin using global chat once about a year ago, but I think he forgot he was on global chat). Same with hackers, never saw one. Now am I lucky or is the problem really not that big?

You're likely not joining that many 1/30 public servers, or avoiding ones that have uninviting names.

You're likely not joining that many 1/30 public servers, or avoiding ones that have uninviting names.

Well yes, I usually play on the NL servers, they have usually between 3-15 players on them. But I have played on more obscure servers.

You post is copypasta.  I specifically remember reading this same exact post a few weeks ago, and at that time, I even recognized seeing it before.  I must ask, do you just like bragging about that one time that you got the best of a badmin, are you stuck n a time loop of playing the same abusive server over and over, or is it all just a lie you keep telling to feel like you have some valid input on the subject?

Oh wow someone is a bit pissy. This happened on the 14th, so 4 days ago, here is the bug report about it https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27780

Perhaps you should get your memory checked, in the mean time you owe me an apology =]

Oh wow someone is a bit pissy. This happened on the 14th, so 4 days ago, here is the bug report about it https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27780

Perhaps you should get your memory checked, in the mean time you owe me an apology =]

I would prefer not to.