Sign in to follow this  
Zhivets

T-72 In the works?

So, I was just looking at Senchi's twitter page when I came across these pictures.

They seem to be recording some audio or something in one picture, so is it possible that they could be planning on adding a T-72 to DayZ? Or maybe another game

CM3R-CPVAAA5U8X.jpg

Notice the guy on the right has some kind of thing in his hand, perhaps for recording audio? 

CM3R94KUYAAlUSo.jpg

It certainly would seem OP, but it would require a crew to use it, and ammo and fuel would probably be very rare. 

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

More likely looking at the slab it's parked on and the plugged gun they BI bought a lawn ornament representing their mil sim projects. If you factored in the moving and placement costs it's probably cheaper to buy a running obsolete tank and park it than moving an immobile hull.

• Like 2

More likely looking at the slab it's parked on and the plugged gun they BI bought a lawn ornament representing their mil sim projects. If you factored in the moving and placement costs it's probably cheaper to buy a running obsolete tank and park it than moving an immobile hull.

In the second pic there is a guy holding a microphone to the tank.  And there is a lot of smoke which is possibly exhaust.  I see what you mean about the slab though.

Edited by The Feral Kid

In the second pic there is a guy holding a microphone to the tank. 

It could be Andrej, but it's unlikely he'd tell us anything about DayZ sound.

• Like 1

I saw the mic but even if they we're parking it as a decoration I couldn't see the sound guy turning down the chance to record it to save for later at least. If the graphics guys could use a picture for textures they could go snap that whenever but the way that it's parked I don't think it's going anywhere soon. If it's cool and calm the smoke from first flashing it up after sitting on the lowbed would hang around for awhile.  

• Like 1

This just makes me sad there isn't one of these beasts in Arma 3.

As for a t72 or any armored tank in Dayz I surely hope not. It would be kinda stupid for a survival game.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

A tank would be fun actually its not that overpowered all you have to do is get some sachtel charges sneak up behind it and out on it and boom.

As for a t72 or any armored tank in Dayz I surely hope not. It would be kinda stupid for a survival game.

Damn straight, except not just kinda stupid. More like : mind-bendingly, head-shakingly stumblefuck stupid

"here is this survival game, yeah? With scarce supplies and where your continued survival is not guaranteed? Here's your fucking tank"

A tank would be fun actually its not that overpowered all you have to do is get some sachtel charges sneak up behind it and out on it and boom.

And then a crewmember pops out and mans the MG on the turret. Or, more likely, the infantry supporting the tank picks you off the second you get out of cover.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

Damn straight, except not just kinda stupid. More like : mind-bendingly, head-shakingly stumblefuck stupid

"here is this survival game, yeah? With scarce supplies and where your continued survival is not guaranteed? Here's your fucking tank"

And then a crewmember pops out and mans the MG on the turret. Or, more likely, the infantry supporting the tank picks you off the second you get out of cover.

a tank is sup post to be a retarted thing that comes rarely like helicopters and Thue supplies needed to repair it cost a lot. You take for a spin blow it up or get it stolen or stash it.I understand you don't like much thing that retarted but a tank is so unique.

I am pretty sure they are recording that for another game not DayZ. 

Hmmmm....when you think more deply, that tank would be great place for scavenging parts and ammo. It has few hundred 7,62x54R rounds, 12 glowplugs, big bateries, maybe AKS74Us in side, not to mention how much diesel fuel it can hold. It would be interesting dinamic event one of these every 12 hours spawns somewhere in woods behind big rock.

idk, remains speculation. but if well balanced (extreme high effort to get going & maintain) a single tank per server could be a cool endgame feature for clan vs clan pvp and would serve as a dynamic, player controlled poi.

would fit well in the world with all those wrecks, and if we get helis, airplanes and humvees - why not?

tho the world seems to shrink with every feature added - i really hope they are fooling us with all that "wont expand the map" talk. most likely just my personal mindfuck, but i keep dreaming of traveling whole chernarus with changing seasons and procedural weather... maybe one day.

idk, remains speculation. but if well balanced (extreme high effort to get going & maintain) a single tank per server could be a cool endgame feature for clan vs clan pvp and would serve as a dynamic, player controlled poi.

would fit well in the world with all those wrecks, and if we get helis, airplanes and humvees - why not?

tho the world seems to shrink with every feature added - i really hope they are fooling us with all that "wont expand the map" talk. most likely just my personal mindfuck, but i keep dreaming of traveling whole chernarus with changing seasons and procedural weather... maybe one day.

I've advocated this sort of stuff from the beginning. is say make tank shells so rare it averages 30-60hrs game time to find ONE SHELL, make it use more fuel then V3S, while being comparatively better off-road and able to plow thru trees and terrain without damage- altho making a lot of noise and drawing aggro from HUGE radius its OKAY.

Rarity can be a balance. Yes it does mean that a clan of 100+ guys can split up and server hop for shells.. it also means that 20 or so guys are hopping all night for one freaking shell  instead of reinforcing the base, gathering supplied etc...

End-Game content should be massively superior, but take obscene amount of hours to get going and supply- and basically be a big huge sign scream "were the alpha dogs and have all the best stuff! Come N get it!"

• Like 2

I really can't see it having that much utility (without turning DayZ into another Arma, which it's explicitly not supposed to be).

You'd hear a tank from miles away. Assuming you could get the crew, the parts, the shells together, you'd just end up pootling around in it for giggles while everyone else waited quietly in the woods for your giggles to fade into the distance.

Wonder how much one of those cost over there.

I played some crazy DayZ mod servers with T-72 tanks, BMP-3s, ZIS-4-24 AA self propelled guns, Stiker SPG, LAV personel carriers, one had USMC Amphibius landing vehicle (didnt have chance to try if it was amphibius, AI Mi-24 helicopters desytroyed it on the way to coast). While it was fun for some time, maybe two-three hours, quickly became boring. Every armoured vehicle is way overpowered and you need either RPG or some kind of artilery. If you want that, just play Arma, 

If anything hopefully this tank somehow makes them revisit the cold war setting in Arma 4.

Wonder how much one of those cost over there.

The first set of prices I came up with were $50k for the tank, roughly $20k to ship to the nearest port, $30k if you want it fully refurbed with everything except the cannon and MGs in full working order.

The article I found was about buying them from Czechoslovakia so their shipping bill would presumably be a lot less 

• Like 1

You can spawn the wrecks in the editor, although it's just one of the copied models.

If anything hopefully this tank somehow makes them revisit the cold war setting in Arma 4.

I definitely think they should do something closer to the present day, while trying to avoid inaccuracies (like arming the ENTIRE US Army with SCARs or Russian forces with AK-107s when only the SFs should have them.)

Though a 2010s game is preferable to the Cold War IMO - T72s are still prolific in modern warfare and a game in the present day could really show off the differences between advanced newer tech while still leaving older stuff relevant and deadly.

+1

The 'future war' setting of Arma 3 was a real turn off for me.

The first set of prices I came up with were $50k for the tank, roughly $20k to ship to the nearest port, $30k if you want it fully refurbed with everything except the cannon and MGs in full working order.

The article I found was about buying them from Czechoslovakia so their shipping bill would presumably be a lot less

So how many alpha purchases would you figure?

• Like 1

So how many alpha purchases would you figure?

Literally - Just over 2285 copies assuming it's a fully refurbished T-72 ($80,000 USD) and alpha price remains consistent ($34.99 USD.)

In actuality I can't imagine a huge portion of that came from game sales at all; BIS has a much larger business range than just DayZ.

• Like 1