Sign in to follow this  
Zhivets

T-72 In the works?

Literally - Just over 2285 copies assuming it's a fully refurbished T-72 ($80,000 USD) and alpha price remains consistent ($34.99 USD.)

In actuality I can't imagine a huge portion of that came from game sales at all; BIS has a much larger business range than just DayZ.

Oh for sure, i was just playing around lol

I don't know anything about tanks, so when I saw the subject about a T-72 I assumed it was an earlier model of Terminator made by Skynet. I thought maybe they were going to exchange zombies for terminators.. Rebrand the game to DayT.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about tanks, so when I saw the subject about a T-72 I assumed it was an earlier model of Terminator made by Skynet. I thought maybe they were going to exchange zombies for terminators.. Rebrand the game to DayT.

A post apocalyptic sandbox like DayZ with all of the proper survival mechanics but various terminator models instead of zombies would actually be really cool (although very difficult if we were limited to the current selection of weapons and items.)

There was a Terminator ArmA 3 mod in the works awhile back that had some pretty good progress and fit better (because it has that futuristic vibe, and with HK-Drones and HK-Tanks and whatnot you'd need heavy weapons and vehicles that aren't present in DayZ) but it's been dark for some time now.

• Like 1

Literally - Just over 2285 copies assuming it's a fully refurbished T-72 ($80,000 USD) and alpha price remains consistent ($34.99 USD.)

In actuality I can't imagine a huge portion of that came from game sales at all; BIS has a much larger business range than just DayZ.

Looking at that smoke in the parking lot I think they opted for the $60k "can it get on and off the lowbed trailer once?" model.

The audio is likely for Arma 3. Making better audio for Arma 3 has been in the work for some time already.

A post apocalyptic sandbox like DayZ with all of the proper survival mechanics but various terminator models instead of zombies would actually be really cool (although very difficult if we were limited to the current selection of weapons and items.)

There was a Terminator ArmA 3 mod in the works awhile back that had some pretty good progress and fit better (because it has that futuristic vibe, and with HK-Drones and HK-Tanks and whatnot you'd need heavy weapons and vehicles that aren't present in DayZ) but it's been dark for some time now.

I actually agree. When I thought about it I was thinking "DAMN, robots would be really awesome to fight against....." XD

I really think we might be getting some kind of tank. If not maybe a gunless tank like in Dayz Origins? A junker tank so to speak.

Edited by Deathlove

Tanks in DayZ? I still think you could do it with no weapons, and even more if you can hop on it ala halo while shooting your gun in the air screaming 'PVP WILL NEVER DIE!', all the while spitting teh occasional round down the manhole and maybe a grenade or two for good measure...

and here's the hard counter:

0002_mines_Slideshow_Safford0004_safford

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Tanks in DayZ? I still think you could do it with no weapons, and even more if you can hop on it ala halo while shooting your gun in the air screaming 'PVP WILL NEVER DIE!', all the while spitting teh occasional round down the manhole and maybe a grenade or two for good measure...

and here's the hard counter:

0002_mines_Slideshow_Safford0004_safford

Imagine if that thing ran over your foot or leg. You wouldn't be walking away ok anytime soon lol.

Imagine if that thing ran over your foot or leg. You wouldn't be walking away ok anytime soon lol.

Pretty sure the pressure of the tire would fuse the skin around the wound, so at least you wouldn't need to worry about bleeding out.  Just missing a leg and possibly dyeing of shock.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the pressure of the tire would fuse the skin around the wound, so at least you wouldn't need to worry about bleeding out.  Just missing a leg and possibly dyeing of shock.

That would still suck so bad though. The pain would still be unbearable lol.

A tank would be fun actually its not that overpowered all you have to do is get some sachtel charges sneak up behind it and out on it and boom.

That would work but let's get some Javelin missile systems spawning at NATO heli crashes. Add a little pizzazz to the game! While we're at it, once base building and barricading is in let's have some AT4-CS in game as well. Heck I'd even settle for RPG's.

That would work but let's get some Javelin missile systems spawning at NATO heli crashes. Add a little pizzazz to the game! While we're at it, once base building and barricading is in let's have some AT4-CS in game as well. Heck I'd even settle for RPG's.

Well we already have land mines so a Rare RPG would be fine I think to counter balance tanks. But if we have tanks might as well put in guns that can take Lapua armor piercing ammo to.