freethink

pre .59 hype

Yes. Attacks on the database as far as I understand. I hope my base doesnt get wiped 0.o

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

Usually I'm not one of those impatient lads, but I can't help but notice that 1) 0.58 hit experimental 3,5 months ago and 0.59 is yet to be announced, 2) we are seriously behind the roadmap for 2015:

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-2015-roadmap/

Now, I understand it's alpha, programming is difficult, blah blah, but can someone tell me what the devs think about commitments they themselves took on? I really want to know what's going on these days; sorry I don't follow all the topics about that but I've been expecting some news on 0.59 for more than a month now. And then I took a look at that roadmap and realized that we were supposed to get air transport two weeks ago... Anyone?

If you look at the road map and where they are it's a complete mess, Guaranteed two things that will happen " prototype Console - Expected price €34.99 / $43.99".

Edited by Smiley_ie

What are you on about.. ? there is an attack on going on their database. It's like firing an employee because they had a car crash and were late to work. We are all impatient but don't lose it yet.

• Like 1

What are you on about.. ? there is an attack on going on their database. It's like firing an employee because they had a car crash and were late to work. We are all impatient but don't lose it yet.

I don't actually, thanks for the info, I didn't know it. Just curious if the people who did it also whine online about all the delays. Stay classy, Internet.

I don't actually, thanks for the info, I didn't know it. Just curious if the people who did it also whine online about all the delays. Stay classy, Internet.

All cool, you can find live info on DevTracker. It's usually updated with basic info.

at this point anything else but progress is just beating around the bush.

a game with no zombies

a game that has collected millions

is not a game but a pre alpha built on decade old clunky software being revamped

a gamewith a user base that holds its breath on every promise,excuse or delay

i'm tired of waiting for you to "reskin arma 2" with physx and a different hud.

by the time any "real progress' that a layman can understand as "CHANGE"  
most would say since it went on sale on steam. nothing much has changed at all at first glance. 
you'd swear you were just playing a polished mod of arma 2. 

Edited by Cr4cksh0t
  • Like 1

at this point anything else but progress is just beating around the bush.

a game with no zombies

a game that has collected millions

is not a game but a pre alpha built on decade old clunky software being revamped

a gamewith a user base that holds its breath on every promise,excuse or delay

i'm tired of waiting for you to "reskin arma 2" with physx and a different hud.

by the time any "real progress' that a layman can understand as "CHANGE"  

most would say since it went on sale on steam. nothing much has changed at all at first glance. 

you'd swear you were just playing a polished mod of arma 2. 

Yeah I mean what the fuck they released ArmA 3 and it's just an arma 2 reskin with attachments and clothes what the fuck couldn't they released it as DLC or something. Every game is recycled and basically it's all one big reskin of operation flashpoint. This is all a big scam as far as it goes to 2001. Everyday these BIS employees are sitting at their office doing nothing and they get a salary for it. Fuck this shit, I'm moving to Call of Duty where every title is developed up from scratch with new and different features. Shame on you BIS - this guy above me knows how things are going.

• Like 5

The hype with anything .59 is pretty much gone and fucked. We will be lucky to get anything solid by the end of October at this rate. Granted i don't expect them to shit out new content every other week but i really cant handle playing the game in its current state. Its not even remotely challenging survival wise atm.

• Like 1

OMG all the whining...take a break, play a different game, read a book, fuck your girl, take a hike somewhere, get drunk, smoke some weed, watch some movies...good things will come to those who wait.

• Like 6

OMG all the whining...take a break, play a different game, read a book, fuck your girl, take a hike somewhere, get drunk, smoke some weed, watch some movies...good things will come to those who wait.

Don't make me go over there and pick all the damn tulip's out of your garden! XD

• Like 1

Don't make me go over there and pick all the damn tulip's out of your garden! XD

Good luck! Watch out for the windmill whips and don't forget to duck the wooden shoe I will be throwing at your head.

:P

Good luck! Watch out for the windmill whips and don't forget to duck the wooden shoe I will be throwing at your head.

:P

lol I heard you can go to jail for picking them. XD

We have a place here called Holland Michigan that grows the tulips as well like over in the Netherlands.

• Like 1

Funny thing is: the tulip originated in Turkey not Holland, yet we are famous for it.

Started as a thread about .59 experimental. Turned into an arguement about development. Became a tulip discussion.

DayZ, this is your story.

9/11 would buy again.

• Like 1

it's spelt

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

carry on.

it's spelt

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

carry on.

Well clever. No, seriously i'm not sure anyone's ever yelled alpha like that. You're breaking new ground not only from an informational standpoint but also comedy. I would like to endorse whatever it is passes for your content and subscribe to your news letter. Seriously. </definitelynotsarcasm>

lol I heard you can go to jail for picking them. XD

We have a place here called Holland Michigan that grows the tulips as well like over in the Netherlands.

Amazing Sufjan Stevens song about that place.

Quite an adequate substitute for the very obvious and somewhat troubling lack of a weekly status report....

Edited by FrigginTommyNoble
  • Like 1

Well clever. No, seriously i'm not sure anyone's ever yelled alpha like that. You're breaking new ground not only from an informational standpoint but also comedy. I would like to endorse whatever it is passes for your content and subscribe to your news letter. Seriously. </definitelynotsarcasm>

it was a play on how long the alpha has gone on.

Amazing Sufjan Stevens song about that place.

Quite an adequate substitute for the very obvious and somewhat troubling lack of a weekly status report....

Gives me something to talk about at least cause im just to frustrated with the current build atm.

And i know it will be a good update when it does come out its just not much to talk about till than lol.

Gives me something to talk about at least cause im just to frustrated with the current build atm.

And i know it will be a good update when it does come out its just not much to talk about till than lol.

I'm afraid there won't be much to talk about when it comes out. The important update will be 0.60 when finally zombies are back and hopefully the render part of "Enfusion" is introduced. Then they can also switch to DX11, if they want to. Be nice for smoke and FX, though seriously I'm fine with how the game looks. Biggest advantage will be that the game is 64 bit then; I think 32 bit systems cannot use more than 8GB RAM (not sure). I just have no reason to play it right now, and I'm still frustrated with the progress. Other games seem to have weekly stable updates to their alphas, but Dayz is always "done when it's done - maybe a month or two later than planned". 

Seen some updates. Cherno overhaul is a good idea, though it comes to question why it wasn't done properly the first time around. Was probably due to lack of manpower and underdeveloped northern map. It's important to iterate, but honestly the map is not the game's biggest problem. The lack of working and connected (!) gameplay features is my biggest gripe. We have a lot of different economies in the game, but the only one that makes sense now is to loot->stash->loot->kill->repeat. Of course, sickness can only be a real issue, once zombies are back. I feel like they should be in the focus of developer attention. 

Edited by S3V3N

I'm afraid there won't be much to talk about when it comes out. The important update will be 0.60 when finally zombies are back and hopefully the render part of "Enfusion" is introduced. Then they can also switch to DX11, if they want to. Be nice for smoke and FX, though seriously I'm fine with how the game looks. Biggest advantage will be that the game is 64 bit then; I think 32 bit systems cannot use more than 8GB RAM (not sure). I just have no reason to play it right now, and I'm still frustrated with the progress. Other games seem to have weekly stable updates to their alphas, but Dayz is always "done when it's done - maybe a month or two later than planned". 

Seen some updates. Cherno overhaul is a good idea, though it comes to question why it wasn't done properly the first time around. Was probably due to lack of manpower and underdeveloped northern map. It's important to iterate, but honestly the map is not the game's biggest problem. The lack of working and connected (!) gameplay features is my biggest gripe. We have a lot of different economies in the game, but the only one that makes sense now is to loot->stash->loot->kill->repeat. Of course, sickness can only be a real issue, once zombies are back. I feel like they should be in the focus of developer attention. 

Did you not read the bit about zombies coming back in .59 then?

Other games seem to have weekly stable updates to their alphas, but Dayz is always "done when it's done - maybe a month or two later than planned".

I prefer it this way, rather than a lot of other games that are rushed to hit deadlines and as a result are released broken.

Edited by KenoSkir88
  • Like 1

Did you not read the bit about zombies coming back in .59 then?

I prefer it this way, rather than a lot of other games that are rushed to hit deadlines and as a result are released broken.

Yes, I read yesterday's report after my post. The thing is, for a long time, the status was: "infected are coming back in 0.60". Now they are suddenly coming, in some amount, to 0.59.

Games that hit deadlines aren't released broken, as such. Publishers force deadlines on developers, which often forces them to release and later patch. I don't see this as a problem as long as the game is patched at some point. I always waited on buying Arma games, because they basically needed a full year of patching, until they became glitch-free and playable; however, ArmaII is the only game I remember where I got killed during a cutscene ;)

Hitting deadlines is a sign that you are organised and have a development document that ties everything together. With Dayz, yesterdays info is tomorrow's lies. Like when they said zombies will be back for 0.59. Before we heard 0.60 and everybody seems to know something else. They are not tying the same know or at least that's how it feels to me. Dayz should be pretty awesome by now. I look at RUST and the time it took them to come from nothing (they had no Dayz mod as a prototype for 70% of the landscape and 80% of the buildings). RUST has come a long way and looks awesome now, but it looked worse than Dayz mod when they started. ARK is similar though not comparable. These games will be released and part of why they are running strong on Steam is that they make clear announcements about the future updates and mostly stick to them. RUST devs released concepts for their modular cars and they are simple, effective and interesting.

Some of the Alphas I play have daily updates and often these are quite notable. Dayz seems to still struggle on the programming. I'd prefer it if Dayz was more like these games, because it isn't a tiny game from an unknown developer. It's a bigger franchise than Arma, imho and Arma only got popular through Dayz. I played it since Operation Flashpoint and it was always a unique game by itself. I was hoping Dayz would be kind of the same, but there are so many parallel developments at the moment, it is impossible to see what we will get in the end. To me it would be important to see how all the game economies tie into each other. At the moment I can't quite tell how one affects the other. It just seems convoluted and overly complicated to me without really making the crafting interesting or fun or necessary as it stands now.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

IMO ppl just assume things too much. When devs say that they try, might or want, ppl are shouting allaround internet as it is confirmed.

Calm your nerves and HYPE!

• Like 2