freethink

pre .59 hype

who else can't wait?

and what do you hope to see in .59?

Apart from the new vehicles, I really hope we see the return of the infected.

qft.  :thumbsup:

^_^

They won't put loot back in the prison / camo building til they fix / add the player controller. Also, the loot that used to spawn in the wrecked non-interactive vehicles won't be spawning loot anymore. Brian Hicks said so in the latest Pax Prime interview.

Hicks says a lot of stuff. It might change. It should.

• Like 1

Hicks says a lot of stuff. It might change. It should.

He didn't say it would change, however, the Dev team wanted the wrecked non-interactive vehicles to tell a story. So, they removed the loot. *Shrug* I am hopeful too that they change there mind about this.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

Maybe some more infected.

Id like to see Red9 and Scorpion machine pistol. They were confirmed long ago.

Also I hope devs upgrade vehicle maintence mechanic. One glowplug for 6 cilinders of V3S engine???

yeah, i hope and they will do expand on maintenance mechanics at .59

thought, if the glow plug spawn counts are this low, i hope they require 1 for good. spent lots of hours looking for a glow plug with no luck 

He didn't say it would change, however, the Dev team wanted the wrecked non-interactive vehicles to tell a story. So, they removed the loot. *Shrug* I am hopeful too that they change there mind about this.

i think they removed loot from those wrecked cars for the same reason as jail houses, they want to add a regional control over loot so you wont find military stuff in a humvee near coast (if any)  

Edited by VahidkinG

There's a mod for arma3 called exile and this is a mod of that. What I'd do for zombies on a similar scale...(see start and last few mins)

Those infected are most certainly spawning in whenever a player is nearby (like in dayz mod) instead of having persistent hoards of zombies all over the map. But yes, I want them hoards too :D

Maybe zombies spawning should work like in the mod. Maybe with increased range. There is no point having zombies in Bor or Kamenka if no one ever goes there.

I'm glad there's no loot in the old wrecked vehicles anymore, it made no sense finding a pristine AK in a corroded and burnt out Humvee.

• Like 2

They won't put loot back in the prison / camo building til they fix / add the player controller. Also, the loot that used to spawn in the wrecked non-interactive vehicles won't be spawning loot anymore. Brian Hicks said so in the latest Pax Prime interview.

Though I think it's worth mentioning that, as I recall, they're working on interactable replacements where loot will spawn so hopefully the lack of loot around BMPs and such is temporary.

I want zombies back. Buddy of mine just got DayZ and we've been playing it a bit. We've actually done insanely well. Not died once, got guns and stuff. Pretty good considering he's never played and I've not played in a few months. Anywho, we've both commented that it all feels very empty without zombies. We've never fired our weapons. I remember .55 or something where I found I actually had to use my gun quite a lot (initially, until I learned how to avoid zombies) and it was a lot of fun. I felt like my gun was a tool for clearing out zombies rather than as purely something for PvP.

I'm hoping we see zombies in .59, even if we don't get hordes or fancy AI or anything like that. Just something to break the monotony of carefree looting.

• Like 2

Though I think it's worth mentioning that, as I recall, they're working on interactable replacements where loot will spawn so hopefully the lack of loot around BMPs and such is temporary.

I want zombies back. Buddy of mine just got DayZ and we've been playing it a bit. We've actually done insanely well. Not died once, got guns and stuff. Pretty good considering he's never played and I've not played in a few months. Anywho, we've both commented that it all feels very empty without zombies. We've never fired our weapons. I remember .55 or something where I found I actually had to use my gun quite a lot (initially, until I learned how to avoid zombies) and it was a lot of fun. I felt like my gun was a tool for clearing out zombies rather than as purely something for PvP.

I'm hoping we see zombies in .59, even if we don't get hordes or fancy AI or anything like that. Just something to break the monotony of carefree looting.

Really? Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks! :D

Did the devs say anything about when they expect to release 0.59 to experimental?

I'd like to see zombies aswell.. I love DayZ, Not really a fan of Day though...

We discussed it at TOG on the AU side, we'd prefer the lag to no zombies. Not that the Z's don't need fixing, but would really prefer to have the Z's. Servers are empty 2 days after the patch because of it.

Also the animals need to come back - the grazing ones, like pigs, etc.

2 things you can really have some fun with alone, dodging the Z's and hunting. Both are gone meaning no real content when you're not in a group and even when you are the server pop's are really low now.

Edited by AussieHunter
  • Like 1

Those infected are most certainly spawning in whenever a player is nearby (like in dayz mod) instead of having persistent hoards of zombies all over the map. But yes, I want them hoards too :D

Seeing that, you have to wonder - once again - why they didn't just use the arma 3 engine and modify THAT.

Why? 

because .58 has gone to stable so .59 must be fairly soon

Edited by freethink

A stable build would be good (not saying every other build wasn't stable) I don't care what they add, remove or tweak, just make it as stable as possible, take as long as you need and fix as many bugs as you can.

Closed 59.129511 server named TEST 5 with two players

Where i can buy tickets to the hype train?

who else can't wait?

and what do you hope to see in .59?

Apart from the new vehicles, I really hope we see the return of the infected.

qft. It`ll be exciting for sure!  ^_^

I can't wait to see what Senchi has been doing in the Northwest, it's rumored to be an industrial area  :o

Also base-building and improvements to the animal AI.

• Like 1

well, i only want the zombies to come back to be honest :P now its only kos kos kos without any risks, and i hope to see the new cars aswell :)

• Like 1

am' i the only one who would like to find some random ''Notes', in houses and near some vehicle, pretty much telling a story about the people that used to lived there, their last moments, having some random ''Stashes'' that you could only find by reading them notes... Some kind of charade would add so much to the game !!! thoughts ?!?

• Like 2

For the hype´s sake, can we speculate when we get EXP patch?