KandyCid

The Compass to Map Ratio: ._.

Its wrong, when your looking at a map South is Up!  I was in severograd today and thought i was in kabinino, then i followed the compass South --___-- and ended up further into the TOP of the map, Is this a compass bug or is it 'just how it is', my compass is pristine condition> b4 i threw it away<

it keeps changing,  I left Starry yesterday Going West and ended up in the undeveloped part of the map+  went back to starry and went north east hoping i was going to NWAF and ended up in Severograd.

- I usually try not to follow the road in most server im on, usually safer unless its a usual kinda server, so i kinda rely on my Compass but the direction isnt consistant, im positive the first time i used one it was correct with way the map layed b/c i traveled from Svet > Cherno and stayed west the whole time..

Edited by KandyCid

I think the compass was bugged, maybe it still is?

Can some one explain why things that are fixed constantly get unfixed?  I'm not trying to be cute, I'm genuinely curious how this happens as I don't really know anything about programming or game development.

We've seen it happen with a lot of different items/weapons, where a bug that was fixed previously comes back again.   Logically it seems like something that isn't broken shouldn't be touched.  My personal thoughts would be that there's multiple builds going on, and some how old code gets back in or whatever.  As I said, I dunno how this stuff works so would love an explanation. 

Can some one explain why things that are fixed constantly get unfixed? I'm not trying to be cute, I'm genuinely curious how this happens as I don't really know anything about programming or game development.

We've seen it happen with a lot of different items/weapons, where a bug that was fixed previously comes back again. Logically it seems like something that isn't broken shouldn't be touched. My personal thoughts would be that there's multiple builds going on, and some how old code gets back in or whatever. As I said, I dunno how this stuff works so would love an explanation.

It's just because of other things being added or tweaked, it can cause knock on effects with code that you wouldn't expect.

It's one of the main reasons why bug fixing all the issues between patches is redundant because often new content will cause older bugs to reappear or alter in someway.

It may also have something to do with the new inventory/player ui in much the same way that med kits dripped down to 4 slot containers and protector cases/ammo cases started taking up the same amount of space as they could hold.

• Like 1

circumnavigated the map via hunting stands, using a compass. worked fine the whole way. usually got me to within 10 meters of where i wanted to go.

• Like 1

I've yet to see a single compass or map in .58... :(

compasses will be found in all sort of sheds, maps spawn in civillian houses

"went back to starry and went north east hoping i was going to NWAF and ended up in Severograd."

Uh. Severograd is Northeast of Stary Sobor....

"I left Starry yesterday Going West and ended up in the undeveloped part of the map"

The debug plain, as they call it, IS where you would end up if went West for awhile from Stary Sobor. 

I'm confused here.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

"went back to starry and went north east hoping i was going to NWAF and ended up in Severograd."

"I left Starry yesterday Going West and ended up in the undeveloped part of the map"

The debug plain, as they call it, IS where you would end up if went West for awhile from Stary Sobor.

I'm confused here.

Lol I'm surprised no one else noticed ... He just doesn't know his way around it seems -_-.

• Like 1

South of Elektro, Can you find this spot? Behind me you can see the Ocean

2v1sx8g.jpg

the coast is westWard-[look at your compass][north isnt up its left on the map] so if your traveling down the coast then the Kamyshovo side is South, ...ps yopur a prick, i hope you fall and brak your leg north of elektro on that rock cliff you probably camp on

Someone pointed out a map image that shows you can't go south of Elektro... It was all downhill from there.

just use your compass,--and stop arguing here your euining the thread^ lame

This guy is just full of interesting little snipets. 

With that said I haven't touched a compass since the mid .4x builds since fixed isn't always fixed and can result in an enormous waste of time. 

Edited by ENO75

If you would like some orienteering training, I would be happy to help.   I play on US Central 1-55.  I'll be somewhere near the middle of the map most of the time.

they all woNKy,- yes im full of great snipits but

--"im am where my compass says i am".&."forrever unknowingly lost while going in the right direction"

Compass has been working fine for me 98% of the time, but yeah, sometimes i don't end up where i thought i was gonna end up when i could swear i was using the compass correctly.

Edited by Greaves

I'm confused here.

you mis read what i said, my directions were going the opposite way, was going NE to go to NWAF..--its confusing even if i try to read it....my compass has not worked ona  few different ocassions  and i'm also having trouble getting battleeye to stay running, causing me to get kicked from matches alot

Compass has been working fine for me 98% of the time, but yeah, sometimes i don't end up where i thought i was gonna end up when i could swear i was using the compass correctly.

right, and i understand 20 passes to the left or right can throw you way out of sync when going NE,NW,SE,SW but that dosent mean its not messing up at times, that 2% is enough to take away 2 days of your life lol..

Mine are working fine; just picked up a "worn" and "pristine" compass in the fire station to test them both. I'm standing in tent city at NWAF pointing towards Bashnya and both are reading north in my hands and on my toolbar.

• Like 1

-snip-

Its wrong, when your looking at a map South is Up!  I was in severograd today and thought i was in kabinino, then i followed the compass South --___-- and ended up further into the TOP of the map, Is this a compass bug or is it 'just how it is', my compass is pristine condition> b4 i threw it away<

Incorrect. I have used the compass many times in this patch and have not gotten a incorrect reading. 

Tbh, you probably were not paying attention and went the wrong way. Always use a map and identify landmarks to confirm you are going the correct direction. 

If you are really paranoid about compasses, go on a night server and look for the north star. I have been using that for much longer than the compass and have never seen that be incorrect.

Regards,

TT

Incorrect. I have used the compass many times in this patch and have not gotten a incorrect reading. 

Tbh, you probably were not paying attention and went the wrong way. Always use a map and identify landmarks to confirm you are going the correct direction. 

If you are really paranoid about compasses, go on a night server and look for the north star. I have been using that for much longer than the compass and have never seen that be incorrect.

Regards,

TT

ive be acknowledged that the compasses can be bugged, ive had this problem with them since i started, 

Roadsigns dont lie

you mis read what i said, my directions were going the opposite way, was going NE to go to NWAF..--its confusing even if i try to read it....my compass has not worked ona  few different ocassions  and i'm also having trouble getting battleeye to stay running, causing me to get kicked from matches alot

I don't how much more clear to make this. If you leave Stary Sobor and head Northeast, you will hit Severograd. There is nothing wrong with your compass in this instance. You should have gone Northwest from Stary Sobor to get to NWAF. I didn't misread anything. I quoted your words exactly. 

• Like 2

I don't how much more clear to make this. If you leave Stary Sobor and head Northeast, you will hit Severograd. There is nothing wrong with your compass in this instance. You should have gone Northwest from Stary Sobor to get to NWAF. I didn't misread anything. I quoted your words exactly. 

lol rekt

it keeps changing,  I left Starry yesterday Going West and ended up in the undeveloped part of the map+  went back to starry and went north east hoping i was going to NWAF and ended up in Severograd.

- I usually try not to follow the road in most server im on, usually safer unless its a usual kinda server, so i kinda rely on my Compass but the direction isnt consistant, im positive the first time i used one it was correct with way the map layed b/c i traveled from Svet > Cherno and stayed west the whole time..

I left Starry yesterday Going West and ended up in the undeveloped part of the map+  went back to starry and went north east hoping i was going to NWAF and ended up in Severograd.

Edited by KandyCid