Sign in to follow this  
Shiva_O

Ok, so all that seems to happen in this patch...

I'm renting a private shard server to avoid this.  Find my loots, build a camp, get cozy, and then remove the password.  Additional bonus: No ghosting players because I'm on an isolated shard.

I'm renting a private shard server to avoid this.  Find my loots, build a camp, get cozy, and then remove the password.  Additional bonus: No ghosting players because I'm on an isolated shard.

Just be warned, populating a server is very hard these days. You'll be lucky to have a few on at a time.

Just be warned, populating a server is very hard these days. You'll be lucky to have a few on at a time.

I'm not sure I agree with that if the server allows up to 50 players. Most of these fill up pretty fast.

Make that 4 deaths, because it spawned me in the same town about 2 blocks away from the guy who killed me the first time,

dayzpls.

how about you just run inland ? i mean...really ?

why do you even play dayZ ?

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 3

^ First up - TWO cans of beans to {CORE}BlackLabel for that ^

Then;

all that seems to happen is everyone owns a server and exploits the airfield spawn points kicking everyone off :P

Yes everyone knows this stuff but you cant and must not bring it up on the forums - the forum will be shut down.

So instead of getting this patch discussion closed - it's better just go back over the dozens of other forums where it's already be argued over, complained about, and then rabbit-chopped.

Come to your own conclusions about rules, policies, opinions, actions, fair and unfair servers, their future, the present, reporting, effective controls, profitability, gaming, the community ... then keep them to yourself - or talk to your mates about it on TS or Redit or Skype or anywhere else Except Here. My clear understanding is that this subject not tolerated => meaning zero toleration.

[edit] You'll be told to complain - yourself - to the Server company, with details (evidence?) and the Server company will investigate, and that this works. End of topic. There is nothing else to be done and don't talk about it.  It would be great for us to have a list of servers banned for abuse, and what kind of abuse, but we don't.

So - any potatoes around today ? And I have a question: from the start I NEVER found a jerrycan so I still haven't tried to fill one with water, so I definitely cant try to drink from one...

Do you have to empty the petrol out before you can fill it with water ? Can you mix it by mistake ? Can you pour fuel out on the ground ? Does the water taste bad afterwards ?

xx

{Core}BlackLabel - you ought to try out Newcastle Brown, it's easy: unless you talking abut software ? in that case for myself Famous Grouse Whisky is pretty efficient

I used to stick with dark rum from the bottle, but then a few years back pirates got so popular in the media ,so I had to change my image, ya know

in fact I gave up drinking

and smoking

keep the faith, the Force is Always

Edited by pilgrim

Please, take your tears somewhere else. This patch is awesome.

You want specific loot? Get your ass off of the coast and explore. Run into the same 3 houses you call the "Mosin house" or "Food house", you'll have a bad time.

Yea, there are a lot of clothes. Great! People need clothes too!!!

There are more loot classes in DayZ than weapons and food.

Just because the item you find is not useful to you, does not mean "no items are spawning"

Thank you, Dev team. Dayz is meant to be worked toward and harsh. Tired of these powder puff cry baby no patience having pew pew impossible to adapt kiddies.

These are the same people who were unhappy that guard house loot didn't respawn fast enough in .57.

You are ignorant, do you even know why everyone bought dayz and the game got hyped in the first place? because it was a great pvp game. But then they decided to move dayz away from easy weapons, food and fighting, towards "harsh survival" which went against why dayz was popular in the first place.

I guess there is people like you who enjoy running around all over the map "surviving/exploring" and meeting 1 other person after 3 hours of gameplay. Me personally disagree with that playstyle, if people wanted to do that they could and can, but let us "crybabies" who enjoy fighting each other have it easy and fun at the coast. Basically the reason pvpers want to play on the coast is not to kill freshspawns,but when I die and play with friends, I prefer being able to meet up with them within 10 minutes, not spend 40 minutes alone running to the northwest airfield, where my friends are waiting.  I would complain more, but since its alpha, I really cant.

So why is their weirdos here on the forums complaining on how we want to play the game in an action easy fast matter? I never complained or try to stop you guys from running away from the coast, but you guys dont like us being on the coast.. sigh.

So this messege is not completely aimed at you personally, more like a general direction towards people who think like you.

• Like 2

So far the experience for me has been...

Garner enough guns to arm three men from two police stations.

Die to geared out military twelvies that outnumbered us and seemed to eat up 9MM.

Spend around 4 - 5 hours looting and meeting up with more friends, to head to Balota and then that Military Base nearby.

Literally find nothing. Resort to server hopping a few times incase its just barren. Every other server is the same deal, no loot at all.

Come on the forums - See a post of a lootplosion at the ONE barracks building you have to haul ass all the way up North for.

I really hope everything was just looted already and we're not gonna see the absolutely huge advantage over someone who server-hopped up north and someone who looted a few of the smaller military bases, I didn't see one AK or mag, and some people already have 10, Aug's, AK101's, and other shit that seemed to just not spawn on these servers. I'm fine with going up North for the super good shit, but for now it seems like if I run into one of these guys on the coast, I'm gonna be having trouble - Platecarriers are extremely common now (the only thing we found) and my Blaze Doublerifle isn't going to hold against an automatic...

• Like 1

You are ignorant, do you even know why everyone bought dayz and the game got hyped in the first place? because it was a great pvp game. But then they decided to move dayz away from easy weapons, food and fighting, towards "harsh survival" which went against why dayz was popular in the first place.

I guess there is people like you who enjoy running around all over the map "surviving/exploring" and meeting 1 other person after 3 hours of gameplay. Me personally disagree with that playstyle, if people wanted to do that they could and can, but let us "crybabies" who enjoy fighting each other have it easy and fun at the coast. Basically the reason pvpers want to play on the coast is not to kill freshspawns,but when I die and play with friends, I prefer being able to meet up with them within 10 minutes, not spend 40 minutes alone running to the northwest airfield, where my friends are waiting.  I would complain more, but since its alpha, I really cant.

So why is their weirdos here on the forums complaining on how we want to play the game in an action easy fast matter? I never complained or try to stop you guys from running away from the coast, but you guys dont like us being on the coast.. sigh.

So this messege is not completely aimed at you personally, more like a general direction towards people who think like you.

Maybe.... because Day Z is not a strictly-PVP game?

Being a "strict PvP-er" in DayZ is kinda like going to a buffet, and eating only one item, to the exclusion of all others. (Doing nothing but PvP on the coast) When the staff and other patrons try to tell you there are OTHER things to eat, you scream "DONT TELL ME HOW TO EAT". More importantly, because you eat all of everything, the staff replaces that item far more often than others (Adding in guns to the exclusion of survival/health/medical/skills mechanics), letting everything else get cold. Now, because the other food is cold, when you do try it, you scream "THIS FOOD SUCKS". ("There aren't any survival mechanics, all there is to do is PvP!")

So on and so forth.

Hell, even the developers say so. You and your crows got burned by Hicks a couple of months ago.

"Broomsticks and pink dresses", I think the gist of it was.

Oh, and Day Z has never really been a "great PvP game". It was originally a military simulator, and the Mod was clunky as all hell. Same thing with the Standalone. "Being able to shoot at people" =/= "great PvP". In order to be a "great PvP game", I would expect there to be little to no lag, no desync, etc, all things that make PvP actually viable, which Day Z does not have.

• Like 1

Oh, and Day Z has never really been a "great PvP game". It was originally a military simulator, and the Mod was clunky as all hell. Same thing with the Standalone. "Being able to shoot at people" =/= "great PvP". In order to be a "great PvP game", I would expect there to be little to no lag, no desync, etc, all things that make PvP actually viable, which Day Z does not have.

Only because its alpher, DayZ was never in fact a great survival game.

ARMA is clunky as hell, that seems to be "realism" to bohemia.

My story - kicked from seven servers in a row. Get Cherno spawn. OK. Craft stone knife. Start running inland. Find some clothes, axe, canteen (canteens are everywhere). Start starving to death.

Find beans. Try opening beans with knife. They vanish. Ten minutes later, find peaches. Try opening with stone knife. They vanish.

OK, buggy server, try other servers. Kicked from four in a row this time, before I find one that doesn't kick.

Starve to death.

Sheesh.

1. If you "craft" something and it vanishes look around, in fact look outside the building. Usually that means you don't have room for it(which starting out is very likely) and the game places it on the ground only it doesn't always place it at your feet, sometimes it is through a wall on the ground. 

2. If you are getting kicked from non-private servers... REPORT THEM. It's the only way it will stop happening.

Um.... What? DayZ has always been a survival game. Even the MOD was a survival game although it's systems were simpler. In the mod you needed bandages, food, drink, painkillers, morphine, and other basic survival gear. Yes, during the early parts of SA there was not a whole lot of survival needed, but it was ALWAYS meant to be there. If you want a great PVP game that plays similar to DayZ without the survival aspect Check out Wasteland mod for ARMA III. 

Only because its alpher, DayZ was never in fact a great survival game.

ARMA is clunky as hell, that seems to be "realism" to bohemia.

It was a better survival game than any of the other ones that existed at the time... of which there were none.  ;)

ARMA is clunky, but so is real life. I played another FPS recently and had to comment on how I felt like I was floating everywhere on jetskates. Maybe I'm just too used to ARMA/DayZ mechanics. 

• Like 1

I like how you basically call him an ignorant weirdo because you don't like his playstyle. Strict PVP-ers want a sandbox game with no favoured playstyles... as long as the game is easy, fast action. Your tears are delicious.

Edited by Rista

I like how you basically call him an ignorant weirdo because you don't like his playstyle. Strict PVP-ers want a sandbox game with no favoured playstyles... as long as the game is easy, fast action. Your tears are delicious.

Being a "strict PvP-er" in DayZ is kinda like going to a buffet, and eating only one item, to the exclusion of all others. (Doing nothing but PvP on the coast) When the staff and other patrons try to tell you there are OTHER things to eat, you scream "DONT TELL ME HOW TO EAT". More importantly, because you eat all of everything, the staff replaces that item far more often than others (Adding in guns to the exclusion of survival/health/medical/skills mechanics), letting everything else get cold. Now, because the other food is cold, when you do try it, you scream "THIS FOOD SUCKS". ("There aren't any survival mechanics, all there is to do is PvP!")

So on and so forth.

Hell, even the developers say so. You and your crows got burned by Hicks a couple of months ago.

Wow, you both are the exact example of my whole point, I do not complain or tell you how you should play the game. But YOU are telling me that my playstyle is wrong and that anyone who want it easy is in the wrong game and stop crying. I am saying that the game needs to be cattered towards both action player and survival, not only survival. Dayz is a great pvp game...

Anyways, you misunderstood me, I assume I just cant type very well. So I will leave it at that :|

So on and so forth.

Yeah, but stomping on what people like in a game is fucking stupid and you know that.

Play how you want to play.

There is PVP on the coast for those who want it. Not a bad thing, literally a good thing, the best thing in the game that keeps people playing because its crazy, unpredictable, and risky.

There is the rest of the map for you guys to explore and survive and do all that boring shit. Yeah, I've done both, and the survival side you guys praise and want to see so much more of is boring as shit.

And I want to see more of that boring as shit stuff because we're playing a survival game. But it doesn't matter how much is added to that side, it will still be mostly boring as shit for the game's general populace and PVP on the coast will be a neverending phenomenon.

I want to play the game without waiting 3 hours to see someone.

I want to play the game to run into crazy ass people and shoot and slash down crazy ass people, and get shot at and stabbed by crazy ass people. I want to get that one of a kind experience in the urban shitholes of Cherno and Elektro where you dash in only to pick up a gun and kill men who have wasted so much time gearing up, only to die a few minutes later to some other guy with a gun.

It's inevitably 'pointless', but its fun, it gets your blood running and its interesting.

The alternative is interesting too, but see, I like variety, and when you start cutting down on the PVP side, there is LESS variety. Much less interesting variety, really, as you start to get rid of the hot-spots, the places where you're guaranteed attention.

I wouldn't play this game if it wasn't for the dreaded coastal deathmatch that you guys seem to have a problem with. The survival aspects are barebones, the looting tedious, all just a chore - but a rewarding one - to get a geared character to use where else but in PVP?

I get that you want full-on survival. But that's you.

When it comes to development, you shouldn't fit the niche, unless the niche bought your game. You should fit the majority of people playing your game, the masses that bought in.

• Like 2

what is your probem?

go find guns and kill whatever you want. noone will stop you from it.

it´s a sandbox and you are free to do what ever you want, inclusive your whining here.

Wow, you both are the exact example of my whole point, I do not complain or tell you how you should play the game. But YOU are telling me that my playstyle is wrong and that anyone who want it easy is in the wrong game and stop crying. I am saying that the game needs to be cattered towards both action player and survival, not only survival. Dayz is a great pvp game...

Anyways, you misunderstood me, I assume I just cant type very well. So I will leave it at that :|

It .... isn't just us saying your play-style is "wrong"

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/583714726850486273

• Like 3

No playstyle within the sandbox is "wrong". It's not about playstyles. There is nothing whatsoever stopping you from playing any way you want. But yes, I am saying if you want it easy you perhaps are in the wrong game and should stop crying.

• Like 2

Is you spawn, there's literally 0 loot, and there's a guy or two camping the fresh spawn places for easy kills.

Had 3 deaths like this in 10 minutes now.

fun fun fun

You are getting killed at the spawn point, yet you have checked all of the loot spawns in town and there is nothing there?

Non sequitur!

Troll alert!

I'm thinking about coming down to the coast and throwing tomatoes at every starving 13 year old I find.

"That's right eat it off the ground...

No! No hands! Use only your face like a dumb animal.

Now look at me while you do it, that's right. yeaaaaah..."

• Like 7

I'm thinking about coming down to the coast and throwing tomatoes at every starving 13 year old I find.

"That's right eat it off the ground...

No! No hands! Use only your face like a dumb animal.

Now look at me while you do it, that's right. yeaaaaah..."

I'll just try and punch you until you kill me and I hopefully don't spawn in the same town for the 87th time in a row

I'll just try and punch you until you kill me and I hopefully don't spawn in the same town for the 87th time in a row

Leave corn alone!

I can't hear the OP over the noise of all these delicious tomatoes.

fqm0tqO.jpg

HSujSrb.jpg

Tomato gardens for the win!!! Edited by 8bit_Survivor
  • Like 2

It .... isn't just us saying your play-style is "wrong"

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/583714726850486273

I like to run around in the woods like a crazy mental hermit, but without those PVP-KOS type people the fear i feel is much lessened, even when they work out the survival mechanics and it is legitimately hard to survive, I still want them there. 

It was a better survival game than any of the other ones that existed at the time... of which there were none.   ;)

ARMA is clunky, but so is real life. I played another FPS recently and had to comment on how I felt like I was floating everywhere on jetskates. Maybe I'm just too used to ARMA/DayZ mechanics. 

In real life I have good responsiveness on my movements, I don't stumble on walls (interiors in DayZ and ARMA are true nightmare fuels) and its kinda easy to get through doors you know, also I don't feel like walls have magnets and I'm made out of metal, etc, etc.

To me, a realistic movement system is like, idk, closer to counter-strike or half-life 2, Red Orchestra... DayZ and ARMA is just...clunky as fuck, I simply can't get used to it, but at the same time its kinda fun the artificial difficulty this system adds, but it never felt realistic to me tbh. Looks like I'm driving some kind of robot thing.

Edited by Avant-Garde

According to what the devs are designing, your playstyle is a bit wrong. Grab a gun and be PVPing inside 15 minutes is not how the game design is going so yeah you are going to be disappointed if that is how you like to play. We aren't telling you  your style is wrong as much as WARNING YOU this game won't be designed for that playstyle. ;)

When it comes to development, you shouldn't fit the niche, unless the niche bought your game. You should fit the majority of people playing your game, the masses that bought in.

There are literally THOUSANDS of games that fit the "niche"  you just described as how you enjoy playing. There are only a few survival games like DayZ and most don't come close to DayZ's growing survival aspect and those that do tend to be single player. So DayZ is a niche that is going to move away from the way you play because there are thousands of others that you could instead play that give you most of that "I shot someone" reward you crave.

• Like 1