boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

So.. I have a question about the current presistence and the respawn cycles of items.

If you have a clear fresh server, with reset persistence, loot is respawning frequently, in specific buildings like the half barrel m4 ones, even momentarily up to a certain point.

If your server runs for a while, lets say a week, those buildings that had a steady respawn cycle tend not to respawn frequently, up to nothing anymore at all.

I visited the half barrel tents on our server as they're the easiest to keep track of this mystery and on monday, all were working without a problem. On wednesday, the one outside of tent city on NWAF stopped spawning already and today the one in myshkino is emtpy aswell. No loot is blocking the respawn as anything in a larger radius was clear of loot.

This brings me to the question if this keeps going until there won't be any respawning loot at all, starting in high traffic loot areas till low traffic ones at later stage.

Can anyone comment this in any way or confirm my experience? We're running a 40 slot private server. Is this different on public or does the same happen there? If this is actually happening the longer the server stays without persistence reset, it will dry out the loot economy and force a manual persistence reset of my side, which would be a pain in the ass for anyone that sets up camp and is unable to clear it before such a reset.

On a mere sidenote: Did anyone find a m4 in those half barrel tents lately? Found lots of AUGs, 101s and UMPs, able to gear a company of men, but no m4. Seems they reduced the spawn rate of this again or I was just unlucky the times we were looting the place the past few days.

So.. I have a question about the current presistence and the respawn cycles of items.

If you have a clear fresh server, with reset persistence, loot is respawning frequently, in specific buildings like the half barrel m4 ones, even momentarily up to a certain point.

If your server runs for a while, lets say a week, those buildings that had a steady respawn cycle tend not to respawn frequently, up to nothing anymore at all.

I visited the half barrel tents on our server as they're the easiest to keep track of this mystery and on monday, all were working without a problem. On wednesday, the one outside of tent city on NWAF stopped spawning already and today the one in myshkino is emtpy aswell. No loot is blocking the respawn as anything in a larger radius was clear of loot.

This brings me to the question if this keeps going until there won't be any respawning loot at all, starting in high traffic loot areas till low traffic ones at later stage.

Can anyone comment this in any way or confirm my experience? We're running a 40 slot private server. Is this different on public or does the same happen there? If this is actually happening the longer the server stays without persistence reset, it will dry out the loot economy and force a manual persistence reset of my side, which would be a pain in the ass for anyone that sets up camp and is unable to clear it before such a reset.

On a mere sidenote: Did anyone find a m4 in those half barrel tents lately? Found lots of AUGs, 101s and UMPs, able to gear a company of men, but no m4. Seems they reduced the spawn rate of this again or I was just unlucky the times we were looting the place the past few days.

Can you give us some more information like:

- average number of players per day

- spread of players across the map (do players prefer fast pvp or traveling across the map)

- spread of the areas you've looted across the map

As far as I know the respawn timer for a M4 is ~ 12hrs, so you maybe just missed the right moment and got into the next respawn cycle.

Basic knowledge about CLE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSC8RQNaocE

Edited by R. Hartenstein

No I didnt, thank you!

Turns out you have to paint the rail handguard and then it will allow any sort of attachments.

Yes, that sounds about right.

I didn't confirm any of the info there so I didn't want to assume it would work and steer you wrong.

West of Sinistok? Did you build a camp there which "disappeared" yesterday? :D (On Wobo)

yes  :( (you dirty bastard !!!  :D ). i hope you'll make good use of my beloved winchester/hunting scope and MP5K  ;)

150918064107551603.jpg

riddler give up, those server restart dupes will never be preventable. they have been working litearlly every patch one way or another so far.

legitimately the only way to get rid of dupers is take away the restart function from server owners. thats just how it is.

While I appreciate and respect your opinion, I feel its important to report these things even if they have been working on them to no avail. The more information they get, the better IMHO.  

I'm a server owner (Welcome to the Jungle!!! Community Supported Public DayZ) and hope so myself that we as owners don't need the option to restart the server the way the development is headed, but in my instance last night, it was a matter of the server restarting itself on its 12 hour schedule and I just so happen to have swapped backpacks right before the Battle Eye message came up stating the server was about to restart. So it was unavoidable in that regard, but surely something can be done to prevent item duplication from a server restart?

yes  :( (you dirty bastard !!!  :D ). i hope you'll make good use of my beloved winchester/hunting scope and MP5K  ;)

150918064107551603.jpg

Ok the camp I plundered was more to the west. You have to blame someone else :D

• Like 1

Can you give us some more information like:

- average number of players per day

- spread of players across the map (do players prefer fast pvp or traveling across the map)

- spread of the areas you've looted across the map

As far as I know the respawn timer for a M4 is ~ 12hrs, so you maybe just missed the right moment and got into the next respawn cycle.

Basic knowledge about CLE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSC8RQNaocE

About the m4: might have been bad luck. Just wanted to know if they still spawn in the same place or if something changed.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/81.19.216.161:2300/

This is our server, there you see the rough playernumbers. As this server is part of a 7 server hive, people tend to loot everywhere. A heatmap would most likely show hotspots at the usual military areas tho. We have all type of players on the hive aswell.

I purchase a private server from Multiplay when they had a 50% off sale on private shards almost a month ago and have been playing on it by myself just getting to know the map and testing the base building mechanics. After almost a month of playing on the server I finally found a M4 last night at those NW airfield officer huts where the nice loot is supposed to spawn. It was damaged but spawned in nonetheless. 

Prior to that it was 1 or 2 damage hand guards and miscellaneous clothing. I've been picking up damage items that spawn in those huts and moving them outside where they get deleted after 30 minutes. Just to try and refresh the spawn rates.

Yep, I guess so. :lol:

Always, always keep some rags with you!

Even if I drop my gear at my camp, I always take the necessary things like water bottle, rags, etc. with me.

Back before they nerfed it and added persistance I used to keep a smersh back pack in my regular ruck sack as an assault pack.  Water, ammo and bandages was all I kept in it.  I'd drop my ruck and throw that on in the more dangerous places...  Thanks to the nerfmiesters we can't do that anymore, which, really, I don't get..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

There are over 1.7 million possible spawn points, but at any given time there is only an average of 26,000 loot items (excluding player inventories) on the map. So some quick math would seem to indicate that all spawn points can not be active at all times.

BTW - the word that you are looking for is quonset, or nissen hut: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quonset_hut

If his idea of reduced is 3 in Novo, I'm all sorts of confused by this statement.

Why draw a distinction between 0 on a 225 square km map and 3 on a 225 square km map? (Edit: I guess he means in the design sense they aren't removed.)

I guess you get data from the 3 as opposed to 0 but for all general player purposes they are currently removed.

Edit 2: Maybe what I'm trying to say is.... DON'T REMIND ME!  :P

Edit 3: No 'spurimental this weekend?

I ran across one infected in Severograd a few days ago but that is the only one I have found since the implementation of .58.  BioHaze, I agree that the difference between 0 and 3 on a 225sq/km map is zilch point nothing. I am just looking forward to the day when they get the problems they are having ironed out and I can go back to my infected extermination program. I am sure that day is not far off.  Infected make such good long range targets.  

• Like 3

Come to Stary Yar!

Free .308 bullets with a special air delivery.

Delivery methods may vary

Now on a serious note, the reason for zombies being reduced is because they are badly optimized currently. If you don't want bad desync then you'll have to hold off your zombie massacre plans!

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

Come to Stary Yar!

Free .308 bullets with a special air delivery.

Delivery methods may vary

Now on a serious note, the reason for zombies being reduced is because they are badly optimized currently. If you don't want bad desync then you'll have to hold off your zombie massacre plans!

We'll trade then. I will give you some of my 5.56x45 ammo, ok?

We'll trade then. I will give you some of my 5.56x45 ammo, ok?

Oh I dare you!!

I ran across one infected in Severograd a few days ago but that is the only one I have found since the implementation of .58.  BioHaze, I agree that the difference between 0 and 3 on a 225sq/km map is zilch point nothing. I am just looking forward to the day when they get the problems they are having ironed out and I can go back to my infected extermination program. I am sure that day is not far off.  Infected make such good long range targets.  

Good show, Xbow.

I'm hoping that zombie hunter play style becomes more widely talked about when that time comes.

It could be argued that a neutral zombie hunter with a camp/base has some of the greatest potential for a dynamic experience because he will likely do all the things.

• Like 2

Good show, Xbow.

I'm hoping that zombie hunter play style becomes more widely talked about when that time comes.

It could be argued that a neutral zombie hunter with a camp/base has some of the greatest potential for a dynamic experience because he will likely do all the things.

Zombie-hunter?

What's about some "special-zombies" which (can) drop stuff, if you kill them?

military zombies --> mags and ammo / nightvision-items

doctor zombies --> medical items

mechanic zombie --> tools

etc.

That would make zombie hunting real interesting for almost all groups of players, especially if the item's the zed drops can drop from zeds only

Edited by R. Hartenstein
  • Like 3

Zombie-hunter?

-snip-

Zombies dropped stuff in the mod and there are plans for them to drop stuff in the future.

It probably won't be anything more than items of moderate rarity (magazines maybe).

• Like 1

Zombies dropped stuff in the mod and there are plans for them to drop stuff in the future.

It probably won't be anything more than items of moderate rarity (magazines maybe).

Remember - soon (hopefully...wishfully) we get infected with regular gear on them. They might as well still be carrying stuff, especially if they have a backpack. I think zombies should have all kinds of stuff dangling around in their inventory, but - not too much and specified by the kind of "person" they were. Like what Hartenstein wrote.

Zombie-hunter?

military zombies --> mags and ammo / nightvision-items

doctor zombies --> medical items

mechanic zombie --> tools

etc.

That would make zombie hunting real interesting for almost all groups of players, especially if the item's the zed drops can drop from zeds only

Patience!

The first step will be looting the zeds for their clothing.

Pardon my French...but fuck the lag, I want ZOMBIES!!! I want them now!!!

Having no zombies and having PvE so easy, all that is left is circle jerk PvP. I would prefer ther server running at 5fps with zombies then have 20+fps with no zombies...

• Like 1

Good show, Xbow.

Thanks for the thought BioHaze.

In point of fact I've made some good and complimentary contacts with other players while greasing zombies. I just don't want to see other players as enemies. I can PVP pretty damn well but it leaves me cold because I think of the greater amount of fun that can be had by cleaning the Zeds out of  previously infested  areas and towns like Zelenogorsk with other players that are also focused on waxing Zeds and not PvP.  

A good spot for medium range zombie kills was at the tent city to the west of Myshkino. I ran into a couple of guys that had the place staked out but didn't have scoped weapons so after taking a chance and bullshitting a bit I gave the guy with an SKS a Pristine PU scope I was carrying and together from the tree line to the east of the tent city we took 11 infected It was fun. As always I wished I could cut an ear off the infected thinking that a 10 ear necklace could serve as a form of currency for barter or trade.   

The best part for me comes at ~0:50sec That's what I'm talking about :D

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 3

Thanks for the thought BioHaze.

In point of fact I've made some good and complimentary contacts with other players while greasing zombies. I just don't want to see other players as enemies. I can PVP pretty damn well but it leaves me cold because I think of the greater amount of fun that can be had by cleaning the Zeds out of  previously infested  areas and towns like Zelenogorsk with other players that are also focused on waxing Zeds and not PvP.  

A good spot for medium range zombie kills was at the tent city to the west of Myshkino. I ran into a couple of guys that had the place staked out but didn't have scoped weapons so after taking a chance and bullshitting a bit I gave the guy with an SKS a Pristine PU scope I was carrying and together from the tree line to the east of the tent city we took 11 infected It was fun. As always I wished I could cut an ear off the infected thinking that a 10 ear necklace could serve as a form of currency for barter or trade.   

The best part for me comes at ~0:50sec That's what I'm talking about :D

You're sure it's the best part? It all looks the same for me. Snow with "The user has disabled this video for your country". :lol:
  • Like 4

You're sure it's the best part? It all looks the same for me. Snow with "The user has disabled this video for your country". :lol:

Sorry, You will have to accept a can of nutritious beans as compensation then  :beans:. And please also accept this Zombie Hunter  medallion as a bit of additional compensation B) .

zombie_hunter_undead_living_dead_ornamen

Remember better dead and Zed!! 

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 2

Sorry, You will have to accept a can of nutritious beans as compensation then  :beans:. And please also accept this Zombie Hunter  medallion as a bit of additional compensation B) .

zombie_hunter_undead_living_dead_ornamen

Remember better dead and Zed!!

You have been forgiven! B)