boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

How many items do you have at your "small" camp.  I mean, how many items that need to be rendered? Nails removed from box, etc.  I have several locations with a couple barrels of items, mostly large items, taking up many slots, but none the less, full barrels.  Trying to figure out the breaking point.  The only major issue that I've had with interaction was at of all places NWAF tents.  Serious problem with server response to interaction of any kind.

Mine are four or less small 12-20 slot backpacks of random stuff like duct tape, sewing kits, a few clothes and assorted ammo not even full. I have two small camp one at each end of the south coast.

I hit a big bump of the camp type lag between the two north east of Balota and have a good feeling someone else has a camp around there.

Odd... one of my camps, way north, has 3 barrels and a car tent, filled with misc. crap, along with a mountain backpack and I do not have this issue there.  Curious if hardware impacts this and to what degree, if any, and if time in game makes a difference.  I need to look up what the physical memory allocation is. Anyone recall if DayZ can address greater than 4gb system mem.? I'm also running 4gb video, for those paying attention.   

Mine are four or less small 12-20 slot backpacks of random stuff like duct tape, sewing kits, a few clothes and assorted ammo not even full. I have two small camp one at each end of the south coast.

I hit a big bump of the camp type lag between the two north east of Balota and have a good feeling someone else has a camp around there.

• Like 1

For the devs... if someone is looking for recommendations on defensive craft-able items.  Cooking tri-pod, UMP45, range finder, truck battery and throw in some wire for shits and giggles to craft a turret defense system would be amusing.

Curious if hardware impacts this and to what degree, if any, and if time in game makes a difference.  I need to look up what the physical memory allocation is. Anyone recall if DayZ can address greater than 4gb system mem.? I'm also running 4gb video, for those paying attention.   

I don't think time in-game is making a difference.  Today I closed both dayz & steam then restarted both and upon login had the same camp lag immediately.

My hardware specs are Intel i7-4710HQ@2.50 GHz, 8GB Ram, nVidia GeForce GTX 860M 4GB GDDR5, Windows 8.1 64 bit

edit: iirc there used to be a launch option for -maxMen=8192, now I know that those are launch options outdated now, but it would imply that it does support greater than 4gb

Edited by GaryWalnuts

Do any of you know where the truck battery spawns? I have seen two or three of them, but I didn't need one at the time. You know how that goes. Haha :-) Oh, and are there any animal spawn near Stary Sobor?

Just look in all the sheds, eventually you will find one. A few days ago I found 2 next to each other. :lol:

Odd... one of my camps, way north, has 3 barrels and a car tent, filled with misc. crap, along with a mountain backpack and I do not have this issue there.  Curious if hardware impacts this and to what degree, if any, and if time in game makes a difference.  I need to look up what the physical memory allocation is. Anyone recall if DayZ can address greater than 4gb system mem.? I'm also running 4gb video, for those paying attention.

DayZ can not use more than 4 gigabytes of memory because it is 32-bit. It is most certainly not hardware related because my specs should run DayZ fine easily even though it doesn't.

For some reason when I'm near the edge of the map my GFX card begins to work harder.

Have we tried different item sizes? A camp with like only guns and a camp with small shit.

Both the computers we're using are old/low end.

I logged in on the other one at the camp at the opposite end of the map to see if he had netting and wire and response was good for the few minutes it took to do that. Sometimes it starts immediately logging in around them sometimes it takes awhile.

One of my camps is near a dynamic event that I thought was having problems in exp but it's fine persistence wise. 

Just look in all the sheds, eventually you will find one. A few days ago I found 2 next to each other. :lol:

Awesome! Thanks, man! :-)

Edited by ShoobieStomper
  • Like 1

Lots of good info from all the tests you folks are doing to try and figure out this issue with lag/desync in and around.....well let just say for now..... "STUFF". 

I'm too starting to wonder if its maybe an item or items that cause this? Maybe a bad combination? 

As always, please remember to report it on the feedback tracker guys! I think in a few days one of us with the help from from these forums is going to figure this out and HOPEFULLY! we see a hotfix.

This Riddle sure has the best of me so far....... :)

• Like 3

DayZ can not use more than 4 gigabytes of memory because it is 32-bit. It is most certainly not hardware related because my specs should run DayZ fine easily even though it doesn't.

For some reason when I'm near the edge of the map my GFX card begins to work harder.

I'm not sure that this is strictly true. The included  Windows 7 and newer memory allocators are pretty good, so most of this malloc stuff is only of interest to trivia hounds. While it is true that the game engine can only address 4GB at a time, I think the memory allocator can set aside a contiguous pool that is (resources permitting), in fact, larger than 4GB.

What I can't remember is if the game automatically uses a 64-bit memory allocator on a 64-bit machine, or if it uses a 32-bit allocator by default and the 64-bit versions must be specified via the -malloc= startup parameter.

Sorry to get into the weeds. My point, simply, is that between the game, the allocator and the memory pool generated by the allocator, the total RAM used could exceed 4GB under the right circumstances. For example, some custom memory allocators, such as tbbmalloc_arma only work on 64-bit systems, with 8GB, or more of RAM.

I still don't understand something... If all barrels were found on a specific server and all are hidden by players that found them, will new barrels spawn? Or it is considered that the maximum quantity is reached on that server?

• Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one having problems with camps.  I have made a few and on most of them I have nothing bigger than a taloon for storage.  Once I get 3-5 within close proximity I get lag on moving items/picking things up.  The bags are full. One camp is over 145 meters long with about 5 bags spread over that length and I still get the item lag.

I still don't understand something... If all barrels were found on a specific server and all are hidden by players that found them, will new barrels spawn? Or it is considered that the maximum quantity is reached on that server?

if an barrel is picked up by an player, CLE counts one barrel down until the minimum barrels on the server is reached and spawns an new one.

when in far future the maximum on barrels is reached, CLE will not spawn an new barrel on this spezific server.

Very similar to what I was seeing in Tulga on the same server.

Did you notice items with a quantity or a percentage don't seem to degrade or or get cleaned up though?

Did you notice other items degrade in condition at all before despawning?

The only items I'm noticing degrade over time is rifle optics in deer stands.

After some more testing:

I did not notice any degeneration of the quality/quantity over the period of some days. But I never found I suitable scopes to test.

Items that get cleaned up correctly after 30 min:

• Jerry Can
  • Spray Can
  • Disinfectant
  • Truck tires
  • Matches
  • .22 Ammo
  • Vitamins
  • Clothes
  • Shoes
  • Canned food
  • Tools
  • Hard hats

Items that do not get cleaned up:

• Lime
  • Duct Tape

So this seams to be consistent with other reports in this thread.

One further bug I found is that you can use clothes/vests that never have been picked up as persistent storage. I stored items in some hunter pants in a remote feeding shack and after three days everything is still here.

If you want leave notes directly swap the paper with an item that never has been picked up - the note is still on the ground after several days. Did somebody test how long regular dropped notes are visible?

• Like 3

I'm assuming that whatever server it is would have to reset its loot table to apply any fixes that would take place or is a server restart sufficient to apply changes?

It's not for immediate "fixing" purposes as such. It's more so that we can analyze what goes on on those servers.

I sent you a private message concerning a sort of loot explosion.

Thank you very much :)

I found another. Don't know if it has been reported yet. 

Server name is :Radio Future, private hive, IP: 23.250.112.194:2502

The same officer's barrack that's been targeted for lootsplosions.

Very nice, thanks Odin!

• Like 5

Lots, sheds as always.

You can also make it out of 2 stacks of rags combined.

Hmmm...I haven't found any at all yet.

Also, how do I make new rags now? I can't rip up clothing like i used to. or, is there a different method to that now?

Do any of you know where the truck battery spawns? I have seen two or three of them, but I didn't need one at the time. You know how that goes. Haha :-) Oh, and are there any animal spawn near Stary Sobor?

I've seen a couple in those big warehouse type sheds in Berezino.

Also, how do I make new rags now? I can't rip up clothing like i used to. or, is there a different method to that now?

You need to use a blade now, a knife or even an axe will do.

• Like 1

you need an sharp item (stoneknife/knife/axe) and cut the clothes down to rags.

two full stacks (6+6) of rags can be crafted to an improvised rope

EDIT: ninjaddd

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

if an barrel is picked up by an player, CLE counts one barrel down until the minimum barrels on the server is reached and spawns an new one.

when in far future the maximum on barrels is reached, CLE will not spawn an new barrel on this spezific server.

Oh, thanks, so if the barrel is touched by a player, it doesn't matter if the barrel is put on the ground, CLE still counts one barrel missing... So I guess the persistence data base for that server will start to grow with more and more barrels that will be hidden in different locations on the map and still CLE will still spawn new barrels... Technically speaking data bases should handle huge amount of data but I hope there will not be problems that will need persistence wipe...

Oh, thanks, so if the barrel is touched by a player, it doesn't matter if the barrel is put on the ground, CLE still counts one barrel missing... So I guess the persistence data base for that server will start to grow with more and more barrels that will be hidden in different locations on the map and still CLE will still spawn new barrels... Technically speaking data bases should handle huge amount of data but I hope there will not be problems that will need persistence wipe...

i don´t think so, devs will set the right min. and max. that the hive is able to handle it

You need to use a blade now, a knife or even an axe will do.

Ah right. Cheers. Makes sense I spose.

you need an sharp item (stoneknife/knife/axe) and cut the clothes down to rags.

two full stacks (6+6) of rags can be crafted to an improvised rope

EDIT: ninjaddd

Vielen Dank!

Can that rope be used to make the improvised backpack like normal rope?

All I've found so far is brightly coloured toulon backpacks that can be seen for miles.

Vielen Dank!

Can that rope be used to make the improvised backpack like normal rope?

All I've found so far is brightly coloured toulon backpacks that can be seen for miles.

its the same like normal rope, you can use it for fishing rods, improvised backpacks, to tie someone and so on

• Like 1

i don´t think so, devs will set the right min. and max. that the hive is able to handle it

Something tells me that things are not like this... maximum spawn limit is different than maximum persistent barrels on a server....