DaveB

Strange death, Wtf happened?

You don't even hear a shot? Maybe but still not sure.. that server was almost empty when i spawned in.

If there were 4 other people on your server, then there were 3 other bullets headed towards your brain that were too slow.  It's a small world after all.

Could have been lag too. I had something just like that happen to me once during 0.54. It said I died, but after I logged back in about 15 minutes later, I was alive again and in about the same place as where I supposedly died. Avoid heights in this game unless you are willing to deal with stuff like this happening occasionally. 

• Like 1

sometimes you don't hear the shots i was shooting the winchester yesterday and my buddy had no idea i'm not sure how far away from him i was but i was close enough he should have heard it but he didn't if i would've shot him in the head he would've had no idea how he died. and after your vid i forgot to say i think you did get shot i always check those factories for folks i sure others do to. and if you don't want a fat toon you should mess with your aspect ratio that or lay off the fatty foods lol

Edited by gannon46

I went through something very much like this back about 6 months ago and wrote it off as someone who could shoot. It was incredibly unlikely that someone would have been able to see me given the terrain and the distance involved in not hearing the shot at all. Even when you're dead you can still hear people talking around your dead body until you respawn... so I don't buy that you die instantly and don't even hear the bullet. Believe me, you'll hear the dude bragging about it as he sticks his hands in your pocket looking for your goodies so why wouldn't you hear the snap of the bullet as it enters your medulla ablongata? 

So anyway at the time none of this occurred to me so I figured- hey man... nice shot. Fortunately I spawned back in very close to where I died in hopes of salvaging some of my stuff but no amount of searching helped me locate my corpse. I justified that by acknowledging someone found my body- probably the killer- took what he want, buried my body and left. Fine. 

Within a month I saw a couple different threads where guys were wandering around in empty servers- not on buildings... not in the fire station up the stairs... Just wondering out in an empty field and they silently ceased to exist. No noise... no anything. Exactly the same scenario as mine. 

So I'm not going to stand on the mountain tops and scream out loud that haxxors are ruining the game- and I'm not going to bet my car on the fact that it's a bug... but I'm EXTREMELY dubious that you were shot. Not because you're not a lucrative target up there to anyone in the hills... more than far enough away to prevent you from hearing the actual shot itself. But the bullet? If it was drilled through your skull (in game), you'd hear it. 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

I went through something very much like this back about 6 months ago and wrote it off as someone who could shoot. It was incredibly unlikely that someone would have been able to see me given the terrain and the distance involved in not hearing the shot at all. Even when you're dead you can still hear people talking around your dead body until you respawn... so I don't buy that you die instantly and don't even hear the bullet. Believe me, you'll hear the dude bragging about it as he sticks his hands in your pocket looking for your goodies so why wouldn't you hear the snap of the bullet as it enters your medulla ablongata? 

So anyway at the time none of this occurred to me so I figured- hey man... nice shot. Fortunately I spawned back in very close to where I died in hopes of salvaging some of my stuff but no amount of searching helped me locate my corpse. I justified that by acknowledging someone found my body- probably the killer- took what he want, buried my body and left. Fine. 

Within a month I saw a couple different threads where guys were wandering around in empty servers- not on buildings... not in the fire station up the stairs... Just wondering out in an empty field and they silently ceased to exist. No noise... no anything. Exactly the same scenario as mine. 

So I'm not going to stand on the mountain tops and scream out loud that haxxors are ruining the game- and I'm not going to bet my car on the fact that it's a bug... but I'm EXTREMELY dubious that you were shot. Not because you're not a lucrative target up there to anyone in the hills... more than far enough away to prevent you from hearing the actual shot itself. But the bullet? If it was drilled through your skull (in game), you'd hear it.

Was sniped yesterday, instant death. When my screen went black I heard the bullet enter my flesh.
  • Like 1

Was sniped yesterday, instant death. When my screen went black I heard the bullet enter my flesh.

My thought as well, pretty sure when you get shot you still hear something.

So I spawned in Svet and a few seconds later died, No idea what happened there... oh well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOs_Nnwfvk0&feature=youtu.be

Two points: Logging in on a flat roof will get you shot and standing upright on a flat roof will get you shot.

You were shot from a distance, hence not hearing the report. Snipers still use the rocks behind the docks and I was wounded on the road recently even though I was running. You were an easy shot for them m8.

It's not bad that we make mistakes if we learn from them.

• Like 2

Yep I'm surprised you guys don't know , getting head shotted (or shot from over 1,000 meters or something of that range) you will not hear the bullet ... You can be insta killed with shots to the body with certain weapons FYI !

...to kill fresh spawns, I assume

Actually no, we normally a group of 3 (me SchwaBAM and ENO) and we actually help new spawns in Svet and watch over them.

You didn't spawn, you logged in...

Yea i meant logged in, my bad english..

Two points: Logging in on a flat roof will get you shot and standing upright on a flat roof will get you shot.

You were shot from a distance, hence not hearing the report. Snipers still use the rocks behind the docks and I was wounded on the road recently even though I was running. You were an easy shot for them m8.

It's not bad that we make mistakes if we learn from them.

Actually didnt know that you may not hear a single thing when u die, since i always heard something afterward.. but yea lesson learned :)

Actually no, we normally a group of 3 (me SchwaBAM and ENO) and we actually help new spawns in Svet and watch over them.

Now when you mentioned your buddies I did remember you guys taking on bandits in Svetlo, my bad. Don't blame me for thinking that as most DayZ players love to kill the fresh spawns just for the amusement. Keep up the good work though :)

Edited by Miracool
  • Like 1

Now when you mentioned your buddies I do remember you guys taking on bandits in Svetlo, my bad. Don't blame me for thinking that as most DayZ players love to kill the fresh spawns just for the amusement. Keep up the good work though :)

No problems mate, like you mentionned, not a lot of people play like we do ;)

• Like 1