kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

In some buildings the same items seem to spawn twice. (Also the small civilian buildings with a lot of doors and clothing in it). I played on "US-Southeast-01":

2015-07-31_00007_zpsnkx8dhc8.jpg

It felt like becoming a creature of the wood when wearing those autumn hunting clothing:

2015-07-31_00002_zps6brdw7p2.jpg

2015-07-31_00003_zpsxvvposn0.jpg

2015-07-31_00006_zps11hwvagq.jpg

I met some animals and they seem to respawn with every server restart in front of me:

2015-07-28_00002_zpskwla1ebt.jpg

2015-07-31_00001_zpsvu7xvwcx.jpg

2015-07-31_00004_zpszl8ac0pd.jpg

Even when playing on low settings DayZ is still looking beautiful for me:

2015-07-31_00005_zpswvabp8fj.jpg

• Like 7

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but 5.56 ammo is spawning so it's most likely either ak101s or m4s or both are spawning as well.

9LvruQK.jpg

Nope. No AK101's or M4's spawning recently. Until someone provides a screenshot/video, they've yet to be found on Experimental.

AKM, AK74, AK74su, AUG, MP5, UMP, Rak, Longhorn, Mosin, SKS, Blase, Trumpet, Sporter, CR rifle, CR pistol, IZH, shotgun, pump shotgun, sawed off pump shotgun, FNX45, Magnum, Amphibia, Crossbow, P1 pistol, 1911, 1911 Engraved, Derringer, Repeater, Winchester, Landmine, Beartrap, and SVD, are all spawning (confirmed) along with the following attachments: NATO Suppressor, Suppressor East, all varieties of AK attachments (Minus the folding buttstock), Pistol Silencer, Pistol Flashlight, ACOG Scope, RV1 RDS, M68 Red Dot, Crossbow Sight, Hunting Scope, BUIS, MP5 Compensator, Mosin Compensator, MP5 Hand guards and Buttstocks, PU Scope, Annnd finally the Kashtan scope.

Weapons not confirmed spawning: M4, VSS, Red9, Grenade, Flashbang, RDG grenade, along with the following attachments: AK Folding Buttstock, PSO Scope (It spawns on the SVD, but can no longer be found in regular loot locations), M4 Buttstocks of any kind, M4 hand guards of any kind, FNP MicroRed Dot, M4 Carryhandle Optics and absolutely NO Bayonets (AK, M9A1, M91, SKS).

If you or anyone else can provide proof of any of these weapons spawning on experimental I encourage you to post it here and/or on Reddit.

See Reddit Thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3fdviw/a_list_of_all_of_the_weaponsattachments_spawning/

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

So I've lost my camp again after sleeping for 8 hours. Hicks says no barrel or tent have been cleaned up by the server. Can people disable graphical settings that makes trees smaller so its easy to spot a barrel inside? The barrel was visibly impossible to see without knowing it, yet it is gone 8 hours later. 

After 30 minutes it becomes eligible to despawn. If that particular item is already in short supply on the server, the clean-up mechanism may have other, more pressing priorities.

Take your temperature with a thermometer to make sure if cold or not.

I've noted that fireplace glow does not turn off (previous build) once the fire has died out, it may last all night or longer, I'm not certain how long because I got fed up waiting for it to stop glowing and moved on.

Also you may glimpse mission date at start (possible new spawn only) which will give an idea of weather conditions to expect.

Yes, the after-glow will not warm you, nor will it cook your food.

• Like 1

After 30 minutes it becomes eligible to despawn. If that particular item is already in short supply on the server, the clean-up mechanism may have other, more pressing priorities.

Yeh but Hicks commented a few days ago that no barrel or tent have ever despawned by server mechanics on experimental .58. Either its bugged, or someone found it. That's my point about trees, maybe people can see through them with the right settings?

Well I checked out the new update nothing new for the past 3 updates which is ashamed not sure about fixes or changes yet though. Me and a freind went up and stopped at sevgrino and I stopped from there he went on and got a ghillie mosin and supposably found an m4 no proof so I'm assuming he's lying though he found a random mp5k in a garage with a but stock which was weird. He also said he gave it away. I havnet met any players so far I usually avoid people though if I see someone I get hostile if we bump in unexpectedly and doesn't shoot me then I'll stop to talk and I'll let him live unless he follows. Life on experimental is hard and brutal though I've seen some freindlys and spoke. I wonder if the ump is spawning well I've seen few guns all I had was a trumpet lol.

Problem is that glow lasts over long or what seems forever (last build), check it out !

• Like 3

Problem is that glow lasts over long or what seems forever (last build), check it out !

i reported it, the glow last until server restart...which is now with 12hours restart...hmmm...bit to long :huh:

same with guts in barrels, they are shown as red/warm over 3 dayz

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 2

i reported it,

Good for you, I sent the Devs a message saying they "might like to look into it".

Reporting to Bug Tracker is much much better and the right thing to do.

Thanks, have some  :beans:

i reported it, the glow last until server restart...which is now with 12hours restart...hmmm...bit to long :huh:

Same with cooked food ... steaks and fish fillets.

Edited by BleedoutBill

That's my point about trees, maybe people can see through them with the right settings?

That theory is easy enough to test. Find a large clump of trees and then enable potato graphics mode. Let us know what you see.

BTW - civilian tents are easy to see from quite a far distance, especially if they are in pristine condition and the sun is shining on them. Don't forget that people like me are patient enough to follow someone for an hour, or more, just to see if they will lead me to their camp. There's not much else to do, since the zeds have been on vacation.

Edited by BleedoutBill

I don't know about that - I got rapid/slow warm up from afterglow. Could be that it was a fire in a house. I went from saturated to damp with the fire burning and to completely dry from the glow.

That theory is easy enough to test. Find a large clump of trees and then enable potato graphics mode. Let us know what you see.

BTW - civilian tents are easy to see from quite a far distance, especially if they are in pristine condition and the sun is shining on them. Don't forget that people like me are patient enough to follow someone for an hour, or more, just to see if they will lead me to their camp. There's not much else to do, since the zeds have been on vacation.

Oh yeah tents are very easy to spot, you need to move far away off the map to safely plant that. But barrels can be 100 % masked by pine trees (the x-mas trees), that's why i find it peculiar that my barrels keep disappearing so fast. I'll have to find another barrel, mask it in a tree - then play around with the settings to see if it at some point become clearly visible. 

I don't know about that - I got rapid/slow warm up from afterglow. Could be that it was a fire in a house. I went from saturated to damp with the fire burning and to completely dry from the glow.

What we are talking about is that after the fire consumes its fuel, the coals will continue to glow brightly for hours, but they give off a negligible amount of heat. I tried to cook a steak on the glow and after more than thirty minutes, my steak had still not turned color (I am aware that the written description is bugged).

You will dry off eventually, fire, or no. Once you are dry and if you are wearing sensible clothes, you will warm up (assuming that you were cold/freezing while you were drenched/soaked/wet/damp). Wringing your clothes (if you can get a prompt), or changing to dry clothes speeds the process considerably.

It seems that when i put my glow plug in this one particular truck in karmonovka i was able to see the glow plug as well as remove it.

Glow plugs have there own slot now it seems.
tr7ifxw.jpg

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 4

What we are talking about is that after the fire consumes its fuel, the coals will continue to glow brightly for hours, but they give off a negligible amount of heat. I tried to cook a steak on the glow and after more than thirty minutes, my steak had still not turned color (I am aware that the written description is bugged).

You will dry off eventually, fire, or no. Once you are dry and if you are wearing sensible clothes, you will warm up (assuming that you were cold/freezing while you were drenched/soaked/wet/damp). Wringing your clothes (if you can get a prompt), or changing to dry clothes speeds the process considerably.

Yeah I understand that but I was rapidly heating up from the afterglow at least 5 mins after the fire had consumed the logs.

any first person servers have animals this update?

Well regular servers have them, why would 1pp servers not have them?

I can also confirm as of the latest update, no issues removing glow plug from vehicle.  I did not have a chance to see the issue mentioned on the previous build however.

Also, removing glow plug from vehicle now causes engine to stop running.  Tried it a couple times yesterday.

It seems that when i put my glow plug in this one particular truck in karmonovka i was able to see the glow plug as well as remove it.

Glow plugs have there own slot now it seems.
tr7ifxw.jpg

• Like 1

Could be that it was a fire in a house.

I'm referring to house fire places only (my excuses for not being more precise) I have not tried in standard outside fires.

Thanks.

Yeh but Hicks commented a few days ago that no barrel or tent have ever despawned by server mechanics on experimental .58. Either its bugged, or someone found it. That's my point about trees, maybe people can see through them with the right settings?

You spooked me with your comments - considering my prior camps lost all tents, packs and barrels, while all trucks (with the superior loot on them) remained.  Logged in to find 2 tents, 4 barrels, and 4 trucks (with all loot in place) remained.  Was worried, because after I logged yesterday I realized that I had left the good loot in the tents.

I'm referring to house fire places only (my excuses for not being more precise) I have not tried in standard outside fires.

Thanks.

Are those green colored houses fireplaces usable? I looked them at this patch that they look new to me but I didn't ever test them though I tried to look them with inventory and I didn't see anything. Or is it some other house?

Are those green colored houses fireplaces usable? I looked them at this patch that they look new to me but I didn't ever test them though I tried to look them with inventory and I didn't see anything. Or is it some other house?

I've used the big green houses with the downstairs fireplace and the small one room brown house that you enter up a stairs. I've also seen the log cabin's fireplace used but it was buggy and the fireplace kit disappeared.

• Like 1

So I've lost my camp again after sleeping for 8 hours. Hicks says no barrel or tent have been cleaned up by the server. Can people disable graphical settings that makes trees smaller so its easy to spot a barrel inside? The barrel was visibly impossible to see without knowing it, yet it is gone 8 hours later.

I was wondering this myself. Would like to know because that would be kind of cheating.

Perhaps I should test it a bit and see if it's possible.

Take your temperature with a thermometer to make sure if cold or not.

I've noted that fireplace glow does not turn off (previous build) once the fire has died out, it may last all night or longer, I'm not certain how long because I got fed up waiting for it to stop glowing and moved on.

Also you may glimpse mission date at start (possible new spawn only) which will give an idea of weather conditions to expect.

Easier said than done, the thermometers are very rare. When I saw one I immediately said "There is a thermometer here, haven't seen one in a long time".

It was in a green house (not an actual house, the farming house).

I beg to differ, when I went very near one it said "I'm rapidly warming up" and suddenly said "I'm burning". That's when I stayed away from it.

Went near it in the first place to test this. For science! :lol:

You can always bury the ashes until it gets fixed, thank for reporting. :)

Edit: almost forgot, here are the screenshots of yesterday.

lcqBNI7.jpg

vdqemea.jpg

ILxSOE9.jpg

Dudester100's pistol which is always haunting me.

5GP9WLf.jpg

bAX8WkW.jpg

A V3S, battery was nowhere to be found though.

TkHelQz.jpg

Dudester100 frying between 3 fireplaces.

BtBrkJS.jpg

And of course Dudester100's salute between the fireplaces.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

Nope. No AK101's or M4's spawning recently. Until someone provides a screenshot/video, they've yet to be found on Experimental.

AKM, AK74, AK74su, AUG, MP5, UMP, Rak, Longhorn, Mosin, SKS, Blase, Trumpet, Sporter, CR rifle, CR pistol, IZH, shotgun, pump shotgun, sawed off pump shotgun, FNX45, Magnum, Amphibia, Crossbow, P1 pistol, 1911, 1911 Engraved, Derringer, Repeater, Winchester, Landmine, Beartrap, and SVD, are all spawning (confirmed) along with the following attachments: NATO Suppressor, Suppressor East, all varieties of AK attachments (Minus the folding buttstock), Pistol Silencer, Pistol Flashlight, ACOG Scope, RV1 RDS, M68 Red Dot, Crossbow Sight, Hunting Scope, BUIS, MP5 Compensator, Mosin Compensator, MP5 Hand guards and Buttstocks, PU Scope, Annnd finally the Kashtan scope.

Weapons not confirmed spawning: M4, VSS, Red9, Grenade, Flashbang, RDG grenade, along with the following attachments: AK Folding Buttstock, PSO Scope (It spawns on the SVD, but can no longer be found in regular loot locations), M4 Buttstocks of any kind, M4 hand guards of any kind, FNP MicroRed Dot, M4 Carryhandle Optics and absolutely NO Bayonets (AK, M9A1, M91, SKS).

If you or anyone else can provide proof of any of these weapons spawning on experimental I encourage you to post it here and/or on Reddit.

See Reddit Thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3fdviw/a_list_of_all_of_the_weaponsattachments_spawning/

Please don't post misinformation as if it is factual. Some folks take it as gospel.

As well, for some reason you are listing weapons that are not even complete yet.

• Like 6