kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Can anyone connct to steam right now ? It keeps saying it can't go online and is steam down says the client connection to steam is unavailable .. Anyone else get this error ?

I have the same problem

Can anyone connct to steam right now ? It keeps saying it can't go online and is steam down says the client connection to steam is unavailable .. Anyone else get this error ?

In Steam now, just checked the server browser. (servers were still down)

Seems to me this is what's happening. This happens all over, I've seen 4 boxes of cereal, 5 hoes, 5 bags of rice, this happens in one house.

We'll see with tomorrows, not sure about persistence since we haven't had much Dev updates with what they've been doing in experimental.   

Lucky on the hoes front!

1,5 hour at the computer --> 5mins of DayZ :rolleyes:

Now it's "Authentication timeout" few secs after joining.

• Like 1

well its good for me now, but no more Zeds :(

There are some in this build, I've seen folks excitedly posting about it on Reddit already. Seems they may be limited to military areas and larger cities again, but I can't personally confirm that since I'm still at work.

That's why I was running with a torch.  Kind of like how I sing when hiking in bear country.  Don't want to surprise anyone/anything.   :D

I type because I am pretty sure typing goes further then mic. "Hello NW Airfield Tents!!" "I sure would like to stroll through here and look for gear!" "Is anyone around that objects?"

Ok so I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I can't climb ladders. My character will do the animation of getting on the ladder but I don't actually get on it nor can I climb up or down it and in order to get off the ladder i need to turn around completely and vault off it.

I have no idea what is causing it and it's only in experimental. It's a pretty major issue not being able to do this. 

Edited by DannytheScoot

Only 2 infected seen in a large city.

Found 2 cop cars about as close as could be....

C0BuDHk.jpg

We did find our truck at the 2nd heli.

It contained the battery, plug, and repair kit I was carrying, but now would not start and the gas tank read empty

When we found the truck the gauge shown empty (known bug I believe) but the truck would drive fine.

A brief run to a nearby truck spawn had another truck that also shown empty and would not start.

Head down to the gas station for a couple PET's full of gas and then we find we cannot fill the truck from the bottles in the usual way (tank on right side of truck).

• Like 2

My plug disappeared into my truck.  It runs.  It just doesn't show a plug in the inventory.  Anyone else?

ETA:  Have taken the battery in and out.  Even relogged.  Still runs fine.  Just doesn't show a plug.  It's not invisible in inventory, as I can fill up all 70 slots with other items.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Ok so I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I can't climb ladders. My character will do the animation of getting on the ladder but I don't actually get on it nor can I climb up or down it and in order to get off the ladder i need to turn around completely and vault off it.

I have no idea what is causing it and it's only in experimental. It's a pretty major issue not being able to do this. 

You aren't by any chance using the new UI, are you? That was one of the major issues with using it. That and not being able to access vehicle inventories.

• Like 2

You aren't by any chance using the new UI, are you? That was one of the major issues with using it. That and not being able to access vehicle inventories.

I am actually, that makes a lot of sense. My friends were able to use them when we were playing yesterday.. Thanks that helps a lot.

• Like 1

My plug disappeared into my truck.  It runs.  It just doesn't show a plug in the inventory.  Anyone else?

ETA:  Have taken the battery in and out.  Even relogged.  Still runs fine.  Just doesn't show a plug.  It's not invisible in inventory, as I can fill up all 70 slots with other items.

Seems as though plugs now have a dedicated spot, but they're invisible and irretrievable once installed.  I put a plug in the main inventory and the truck wouldn't start.  Moved it to the upper/battery area, and it disappeared, but now the truck is operable.  There goes me gathering every truck on the server with only 1 plug.  :D

• Like 2

I picked up a pot by clicking the middle mouse button. When the pot went into my inventory it took the place of the stove, 2 vertical slots. I placed the pot in my hands and it showed another pot within. Dragged that pot to the ground and its "icon" switched to the stove. The stove icon was on the ground and in my inventory, but it didn't dupe the stove. I put the pot back on the stove (no gas canister) and put 4 cans of food in the pot. Took up 2 vertical slots. Later attached a blue canister and was able to put the full pot back on the stove, taking up just 2 slots.

1z355ar.jpg

2h305dh.jpg

Edited by whiskeytango

I picked up a pot by clicking the middle mouse button. When the pot went into my inventory it took the place of the stove, 2 vertical slots. I placed the pot in my hands and it showed another pot within. Dragged that pot to the ground and its "icon" switched to the stove. The stove icon was on the ground and in my inventory, but it didn't dupe the stove. I put the pot back on the stove (no gas canister) and put 4 cans of food in the pot. Took up 2 vertical slots. Later attached a blue canister and was able to put the full pot back on the stove, taking up just 2 slots.

That's been there for a while.  The only "space saver" left.  Burner, fuel canister, pot, and four inventory spaces of your choice, all for just 2 spots! 

• Like 3

Well that was a nice run from Cherno to Devils Castle. No major problems. Pistols everywhere, no mags. Lots of food. Two heli crash sites and military base. No military loot. :(

No luck finding a truck. Didn't die. So that was positive. There's chance that i survive all the way up to mysterious north.

Seems as though plugs now have a dedicated spot, but they're invisible and irretrievable once installed.  I put a plug in the main inventory and the truck wouldn't start.  Moved it to the upper/battery area, and it disappeared, but now the truck is operable.  There goes me gathering every truck on the server with only 1 plug.   :D

And probably why they added it :)  Damn hoarders...

• Like 3

Well that was a nice run from Cherno to Devils Castle. No major problems. Pistols everywhere, no mags. Lots of food. Two heli crash sites and military base. No military loot. :(

No luck finding a truck. Didn't die. So that was positive. There's chance that i survive all the way up to mysterious north.

No mags? 1911 mags are everywhere.

• Like 1

Stable or Exp, there still is too much weapons and mags anyway. It should be rare to have a weapon with a fitting magazine, not a take-all-you-can-eat feeling. Makes for a more interesting game experience, otherwise it's a mere Call of Duty on Stable (have done the same already ... I mean, what will you do, being fully military geared in 20 minutes and having basically nothing else to do?)

Stable or Exp, there still is too much weapons and mags anyway. It should be rare to have a weapon with a fitting magazine, not a take-all-you-can-eat feeling. Makes for a more interesting game experience, otherwise it's a mere Call of Duty on Stable (have done the same already ... I mean, what will you do, being fully military geared in 20 minutes and having basically nothing else to do?)

Eh? I have only 4 times found a weapon with the right ammo. Double-barrel shotgun, repeater, magnum and p1. That all is from civilian locations. I don't know about barracks/mili areas though, I rarely visit them.

Edit: And this is for exp, on stable it's definitely too much weapons.

Edited by Hekeetsu
  • Like 1

I disagree. Magazines should be quite common, but the ammo should be rarer. Having a dozen mags isn't much help if you only have 10 rounds.

Ammo should spawn more commonly but in smaller amounts. Instead of finding, like, 20 rounds at a time we should only find a couple. That way there's the same amount of ammo (roughly) but you have to search more to find it.

Unless they seriously jacked up the military loot spawn rate, that won't happen upon EXP.  I started a character on a 1pp EXP server last night and after nearly four hours (hitting up several military and police spawn areas) I was armed with a Winchester and a CR with 2 mags.  No SKS, no MP5s, no AKS of any caliber, matter of fact the only military gear of worth I found was a worn high cap vest, some boots and a backpack.  Not quite what I would call "fully military geared" and it took well longer than 20 minutes.   Sure on stable you could do it with the bugged gate houses but not any more on EXP.

Does anyone know if the loot spawning adjusts based upon the servers population?  If not then keep in mind that while you may find a ton of loot on a 20 man server, it is actually meant to support more than double that number.