kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Also: overheating is back in effect again. Had to strip and get myself wet and just lay there for many minutes to cool down again. I was almost wishing for rain, warming up at a fire goes a lot quicker than cooling off.

• Like 3

Did anyone else get a significant performance gain today?

I'm used to single digits in cities and mid 20s staring at my feet, I was up to the 30-40s running down the beach and mid 20s solid looting houses, I ever saw 80s staring out over the water.

My k/d is about 5-6/15-20 in regards to other players.

If you're familiar with blowback .22 semi-autos like the Ruger 10/22 the sportster is modeled after you'd know the are a jam fest unless you use quality clean ammo and still jam when using a banana clip pretty regular. If you cut the barrel down and were using found ammo the gun wouldn't be able to cycle.

While i dont understand your 5-6/15-20

i personally have killed less than 10 people in game and 1 was a KoS

I genuinely apoligize for my sarcastic comments as i believed you  were the one mining helis 

i personally dig the sporter and while IRL a 10/22 would be a jam fest i dont know 

i have only fired a charger on a range and a bolt action sawn off .22

i know It has been cut down and used for many a robbery 

but more to the point imagine a cut down sporter would be a semi auto .22 pistol almost ...excluding real life 

you would be lucky to hit a mark 10 metres away in game i think it would be OP

if a cut down mosin is in game i see no reason the sporter shouldnt

Are the infected back or - I hope they patch in zombies over the weekend?

• Like 1

for now they are still missing from the game

I never saw that. I bet it was gold mine in previous updates

I highly doubt it, there's big plans for complex animal AI in the long run and I have a feeling there testing server load from having lots of them if not the early stages of the improved animal behavior. Something like how the zombie count went up and down when their wander behavior and the noise respawn came back. With any luck they're working towards having the information they need to have a reasonable amount of both for stable.

That being said my luck again, spent 3-4 hours wandering hoping to see one of the herds of cows or deer I've been see screenshots all I've found was 2 separate chickens.

I know my dad and little bro get up gawdawful early to go hunting IRL so I though I'd ruin a Saturday morning of sleeping in and see if that helps.

• Like 1

I never saw that. I bet it was gold mine in previous updates

Sometimes, sometimes not. If decent loot was spawning on those vehicles and no one else had been there yet, they were indeed a gold mine. Usually one of the better places to get clothing.

Did some one found Nettings? Its hard to fish mackerel w/o. :(

Oh but I have :P

He is referring to this: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Military_Convoy_%28Krasnoe%29

Nice, didn't know about that. I just visited the spot on experimental but could find no loot. I did find a AK74 but it was clearly left by a player due to the combination of (empty) magazines and some other ammunition.

Nice, didn't know about that. I just visited the spot on experimental but could find no loot. I did find a AK74 but it was clearly left by a player due to the combination of (empty) magazines and some other ammunition.

It's not much use right now unfortunately, since those trucks and tanks don't spawn any loot. Perhaps that will change again in the future.

It's not much use right now unfortunately, since those trucks and tanks don't spawn any loot. Perhaps that will change again in the future.

Oh, well the wiki link said: "they contain some military and civilian loot and make a good place to stop for those traveling the far north"

Oh, well the wiki link said: "they contain some military and civilian loot and make a good place to stop for those traveling the far north"

They used to spawn quite a bit of loot. It was mostly food, a few weapons and attachments, ammo, some tools like shovels, and some clothing as well. Has anyone found any weapons spawning with attachments? The last patch I had found a cr527 with damaged hunting scope but I don't know if it had spawned like that or if it was left by a player.

If you haven't been there already the northern military base isn't very far to the southeast of the convoy.  

The old barracks had a good amount of military loot, not quite a lootsplosion but still a lot more stuff than usual.

Several AKs, miscellaneous mags, a drum, scopes, vests, boots and lots of ammo,  I just picked up a smersh vest and high tailed it out of there.

Oh and the new enterable barracks is there too but didn't spawn anything.

• Like 2

They used to spawn quite a bit of loot. It was mostly food, a few weapons and attachments, ammo, some tools like shovels, and some clothing as well. Has anyone found any weapons spawning with attachments? The last patch I had found a cr527 with damaged hunting scope but I don't know if it had spawned like that or if it was left by a player.

If it's possible it must be very rare, I've not seen one weapon spawn with an attachment yet

If you haven't been there already the northern military base isn't very far to the southeast of the convoy.  

The old barracks had a good amount of military loot, not quite a lootsplosion but still a lot more stuff than usual.

Several AKs, miscellaneous mags, a drum, scopes, vests, boots and lots of ammo,  I just picked up a smersh vest and high tailed it out of there.

Oh and the new enterable barracks is there too but didn't spawn anything.

Yep I know that base and visit it regularly :)

That is why it's a pity the convoy isn't spawning at the moment, would be an excellent addition to the Northern tracking route.

Did some one found Nettings? Its hard to fish mackerel w/o. :(

Found one stack of four so far, the boat loot explosions seem to have been tamed. That's a fish trap hood and 2 gunwraps so I'm set.

The amount of zombies should be increased too. 

It's great to watch and see the surroundings related to the infected which tells you when players are nearby. 

My tent on UK-01 is just North-west of Balota west airfield by the way with some basic items + gun - I will play some stable branch until

they add zombies. :) 

Edited by Ori42

Yep I know that base and visit it regularly :)

That is why it's a pity the convoy isn't spawning at the moment, would be an excellent addition to the Northern tracking route.

Yeah I agree, it was nice having that little patch of mixed loot on the outskirts of the map.  

Not so much when the tanks were spawning 100 mp5 mags but when it was good civilian loot with a few mil items thrown in 

The amount of zombies should be increased too.

It's great to watch and see the surroundings related to the infected which tells you when players are nearby.

Be patient,they plan on thousand of zeds. Right now the way they're piecing in new stuff they break things as they add new ones. When you troubleshoot something you have to try one thing at a time and observe it or else to can't see what broke/fixed what.

Have fun with what's in right now or take a break and have faith in the devs making an awesome game when it's done.

• Like 2

Some observations from AUS/NZ 0-2.

Haven't found any maps or map parts or leather sewing kits anywhere I have looked. :|

Northern Convoy is still lootless, nothing spawned at any of the vehicles there. :(

Military jails, wtfwt, over?  Still nothing spawning in them.

Both the leather and regular sewing kits are in; I found one of each last night.

The convoy and military jail spawns were mentioned in a recent Status Report: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226824-status-report-08-jul-2015/

Love R. Lee! He's always good for a laugh!!!

• Like 1

For anyone who hasn't seen them all yet, I have pictures of all the new enterable buildings.

Pump Station:

icTXIXa.jpg

4iqvlJ8.jpg

Transformer Vault:

LOpcBd3.jpg

HDbAMW5.jpg

Military Barracks:

CjcVcUH.jpg

yjXAliK.jpg

V7dytPP.jpg

Garage / Workshop:

vPPIYXJ.jpg

RWSwbaG.jpg

I7PNtB0.jpg

• Like 9

I just saw another cow herd that had about 8 cows in it. There is another cow behind the white cow but sadly the white cow is no longer with the herd.

TvZoao9.jpg

R1RYrEK.jpg

• Like 2

Beware the op fish trap is fixed, kind of.

If you drop a wire onto a stack of netting it consumes the whole stack of netting

It does get ruined after about 3 uses and is no longer usable.

I've also had really bad "hand bugging" and unresponsive hotbar this morning.

Since yesterday I placed some cheap loot around electro for testing persistence, I had some weapons and backpack hidden around also, then I got killed near electro.

When I came back all the loot had disappeared, the cheap loot I left on the streets, my backpack, my weapons, campfires I made around electro, ruined motorbike helmets I saw it was there since yesterday, etc, I think all disappeared at once. There was no server restart meanwhile.

I tried to find some loot after that, I saw the loot nobody takes like pants with two slots were gone too. I just found one chemlight and something else, I think that was all new loot respawning again.

Then I went to one little camp I made yesterday 1 km away from electro and everything was still there, backpack, weapon on the ground, sticks, etc.

So I don't know I suppose there is some kind of cleanup bug that wiped all existing objects in electro.

Edited by Wili