kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

So whats happening with the rolled trucks these days, do they right themselves at reset or respawn or what?

I saw one on it's side in Dolina not too far from where it would have spawned the other day but the drivers door was closed which made me wonder what happened.

I think the trucks stay persistent cause the first truck that was flipped over last night me bill and grapefruit kush passed by it after it was flipped hours ago so i think the only way to make the truck respawn would be to blow it up but it would probably take many bullets to destroy it.

Alright so far I noticed this:

- Cooking with a frying pan on a tripod is not working

- Cooking with a cooking pot at an oven in an house works

Gonna try and cook with a frying pan on a stone oven (not in an house).

If anyone can confirm or try these one:

- Cooking with a frying pan at an oven in an house

- Cooking with a cooking pot on a tripod

- Cooking with a cooking pot on a stone oven (not in an house)

But the cooking pots are generally bugged at the moment, keep that in mind.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

You can simply "Cut a branch" from most trees out there, and stick whatever food you want to cook on it, take the stick in your hands and then "pose" it towards the fire, whether it's a camp fire out in the woods, or a lit fireplace inside a house.

I know this.. What I was wondering is how you use a pot or frying pan to cook.. Also, any idea why we can't remove AK handguards? 

Edited by Etherimp

I know this.. What I was wondering is how you use a pot or frying pan to cook..

Frying pans seem perpetually bugged, so I would say when possible stick to a cooking pot for now. Anyway: add water (from a container) or animal lard to a cooking pot and it is ready to use. You'll add food (meat, fruits/vegetables, etc.) to the cooking pot, then put the cooking pot on/in a fireplace. That can be any of the following: a stone oven (8 large stones), a cooking tripod, or an indoor fireplace with a grill rack in it. Currently you can't look inside the pot while it is in the fireplace, so to inspect your food to see where it's at in the process, you have to remove it from the fire for a moment.

1YD3sdO.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Frying pans seem perpetually bugged, so I would say when possible stick to a cooking pot for now. Anyway: add water (from a container) or animal lard to a cooking pot and it is ready to use. You'll add food (meat, fruits/vegetables, etc.) to the cooking pot, then put the cooking pot on/in a fireplace. That can be any of the following: a stone oven (8 large stones), a cooking tripod, or an indoor fireplace with a grill rack in it. Currently you can't look inside the pot while it is in the fireplace, so to inspect your food to see where it's at in the process, you have to remove it from the fire for a moment.

do you have to put the pot into your hands, then go to the fireplace like you do when lighting the fireplace, scrollwheel, and get a prompt to "add"? Or do you just put the pot IN the fireplace? Every time I've tried to put a pot/pan in the fireplace, it just burns/destroys it. is this because it didn't have water/lard in it?

Where are the helis spawning now?

Same places they always have been... Between Zeleno, Green Mountain, Veresnik, Stary Sobor, and up North to the NWAF and around that area, past Lopatino.. I've probably found 6-8 of them in the couple days I've been playing experimental. Found 2 AUG's.

I've seen one of the [LOST] clan members on the server I play on so I believe they server hop. I've also seen members of other clans as well so if you see any clan members just pop them in their head and move on as they're most likely server hopping.

Sweet. I'm uploading the video now. 

In retrospect, there was only 1 LOST player online.. but we fought 3 guys and I think one of them was a LOST guy.. It may have been one LOST player and 2 randoms who joined the fray. I'll post the video here when it's done (about 2 hour upload.. ugh I hate low upload speeds.)

do you have to put the pot into your hands, then go to the fireplace like you do when lighting the fireplace, scrollwheel, and get a prompt to "add"? Or do you just put the pot IN the fireplace? Every time I've tried to put a pot/pan in the fireplace, it just burns/destroys it. is this because it didn't have water/lard in it?

Hmm. Normally you just have to drag the cooking pot from your inventory to the fireplace it self, on the left of the screen. Always worked for me. Don't add the cooking pot in a campfire without a cooking stand/tripod though, as this will result in your pot getting ruined.

But using the newly fireplaces in houses, you just have to add the pot to the fire, like Tatanko shoes in his screenshot.

You need to remove it to check if the food inside it is cooked though, as right now it's bugged and you can't use the "check content" option anymore.

Try to drag the pot on the fireplace tab (not the free inventory slots of the fireplace). It should give you an "add" option like when you're dragging item over item to craft things.

edit: Damn you, Mr. Lowe ;-)

Edited by Buddy cASSino
  • Like 1

Same places they always have been... Between Zeleno, Green Mountain, Veresnik, Stary Sobor, and up North to the NWAF and around that area, past Lopatino.. I've probably found 6-8 of them in the couple days I've been playing experimental. Found 2 AUG's.

So your saying that for you the crash sites are in the same static places? cause last night the crash site i found was behind the tents in NW airfield and after a restart it was gone.  :huh:

• Like 2

So your saying that for you the crash sites are in the same static places? cause last night the crash site i found was behind the tents in NW airfield and after a restart it was gone.  :huh:

No.. I am saying that they randomly spawn among a number of predetermined places.. so the best way to find heli-crashes is to loop around the map around "common" heli-crash spots, and eventually you'll find between 1-3.. Also note that Russian crashes have no smoke.

• Like 3

No.. I am saying that they randomly spawn among a number of predetermined places.. so the best way to find heli-crashes is to loop around the map around "common" heli-crash spots, and eventually you'll find between 1-3.. Also note that Russian crashes have no smoke.

That's actually an improvement and as intended, good to hear.

• Like 1

Servers down?

Just got kicked an hour after scheduled reset, update or wipe maybe?

EDIT: Didn't look before replying. 

Edited by Tatanko

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3cy7hp/experimental_down_info/

^-- Related reddit thread.

As soon as Hoff gets home, him and I will be on US SW 0-1, and I have an extra hunting scope if anyone wants it.. We're both mili/camo geared out, and we'll be in the northwestern regions of the map (Zeleno, Myshkino, NWAF, etc.).. If you attempt to speak to us before firing, we'll gladly be friendly.

Also: Steamid http://steamcommunity.com/id/etherimp/

Feel free to add me. 

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

Another persistance wipe!

Are you sure? Just saw some water purification tablets that have been there since last night.

Just found some left over animal bits I left behind last night, no persistence wipe.

• Like 1

Are you sure? Just saw some water purification tablets that have been there since last night.

Both of my tents are gone and I've only been playing on one server.

Edit:

If someone can check their tents and verify they're still there then someone got very lucky and found my camp during the night.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

US SW 0-1 last night. 

Clunky as fuck combat; I'm a little rusty.. but there's a Amphibia S kill, and my buddy effectively uses the AUG and says the action on it is fantastic!

• Like 2

Both of my tents are gone and I've only been playing on one server.

Edit:

If someone can check their tents and verify they're still there then someone got very lucky and found my camp during the night.

Stuff I dropped or didn't pick up hasn't changed in over 20 hours, my tent is along way away to check.

Weird.