kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

This happened to me a dozen times in .57 too, but always indoors.  

You could sometimes find the dropped clothing or backpack on the other side of the wall or just outside the building if you snooped around long enough.  

I've since taken to only dropping things of importance out in the open, preferably on a road or an open area outdoors.

^ This

I'm afraid to drop essentials at any time. If necessary, I'll only do it out of doors. If my clothes are wet I'd rather replace them (or run for a while), then risk their disappearance.

• Like 1

This experimental build with new ui is the smoothest build so far. FPS is significantly higher 20-25% increase. Not sure of why, but I hope it continues. Feels fluid and responsive.

• Like 1

This happened to me a dozen times in .57 too, but always indoors.  

You could sometimes find the dropped clothing or backpack on the other side of the wall or just outside the building if you snooped around long enough.  

I've since taken to only dropping things of importance out in the open, preferably on a road or an open area outdoors.

I was away from the game for 7 months and in the past it happened sometimes too, also now in 57 but like you said, almost always you will find the pants somewhere outside or on ground level. This time (I was in a firefighter complex) the pants were nowhere to be found, not inside, not outside, not on the roof. I even logged out and in again after a few minutes because in the past it sometimes took a while for the item to show up again.

• Like 1

Yep... :|

They went down a few minutes ago.  Though there is some activity on the locked Test 1 .58 server at the moment.

Edited by Super_Duty

Exp servers seem to be down. Hmmmm B)

Yep, looks like they are going to push out a quick patch before the weekend...at least I hope :)

I speculate that the battery issue will be fixed in this latest update... 50/50 chance.  Over/Under?  Client update loaded...waiting on servers.

Gotta shut her down for the day...heading out for the holiday festivities.  Happy Independance Day!

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

My client is now inbound.

Hopefully they've sorted the crashes due to the -newui parameter, so that we can get on with testing.

Just to be sure my client updated while I was away from computer, you guys did get 28 right?

I have a theory that we (the users) are a big part of the experiment on experimental.  The devs want to see if what they are doing is intuitive.  I tried using a screw driver, a wrench, a lug wrench and may different knives, even a hammer to remove the fore grip on an AK and an MP5.  No tools worked.

-newui still CTD's me.  worth a shot..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 4

Just to be sure my client updated while I was away from computer, you guys did get 28 right?

I just downloaded 125mb but my client remained the same at 0.58.128528

• Like 1

I have a theory that we (the users) are a big part of the experiment on experimental.  The devs want to see if what they are doing is intuitive.  I tried using a screw driver, a wrench, a lug wrench and may different knives, even a hammer to remove the fore grip on an AK and an MP5.  No tools worked.

This is why I don't mind when changelogs are delayed.  

I wonder how many .58 secrets have yet to be discovered by the resourceful...

Sometimes I wonder just that. ;)

Throw it onto the campfire. If it's plastic, it'll melt and if it's wood, it'll burn! If neither of those work, submit a bug report.

• Like 1

A lot of the people I play with are rather negative of the dev's decisions when it comes to this game. I tend to think they have some very clever ideas and that there's a point to all of this.

• Like 3

WTF!?!?!?

All of the Exp servers are popping up as password protected.

WTF!?!?!?

All of the Exp servers are popping up as password protected.

I am not seeing anything except me standing there looking stupid holding a pair of binos as if they were a rifle.

125mb download,

servers down at this moment

Edited by juliomagno

I am not seeing anything except me standing there looking stupid holding a pair of binos as if they were a rifle.

Yeah, they pulled the EXP servers back down, so I suspect that they realized their faux pas.

• Like 1

Yeah, they pulled the EXP servers back down, so I suspect that they realized their faux pas.

Since 57 I have been holding everything in my hands in the menu screen, kitchen knifes, canteens, dissassembled hunter .22 rifle, some pistols and so on, all but any of the rifles I actually had. So, not something related to the new update I's say.

Since 57 I have been holding everything in my hands in the menu screen, kitchen knifes, canteens, dissassembled hunter .22 rifle, some pistols and so on, all but any of the rifles I actually had. So, not something related to the new update I's say.

My character looks pretty tough, standing there holding an opened can of beans.

"Come any closer and I'll fart in your general direction!"

• Like 2