kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

It is strange indeed. On this particular sever I've been playing for quite a while now and still haven't experienced a weapon drop.. I'm going to be really irritated if I do now, because I just found my first SVD +2 mags(!)

Be sure and post your findings again later and let us know if that's still the case.

By the way, if you're seeing zeds (and not a lot of them) it may be due to the server being "fresh," not necessarily because this build has more of them.

Edited by Tatanko

Did you hide it in a backpack in a tree? My understanding was that guns despawn after 30+ mins.

I just put it on the ground.  but I've had guns on the ground near camp for days, so they don't always despawn in 30+ min.

So whats the deal with this coming to stable???? Not seeing much talk from the devs (maybe a good thing?)... Anyone know what the time scale is for pusing to stable and getting .59 to exp.?

What I feel about Dayz at the moment, is that the loot system is the main gameplay argument. I mean - it's really quite good now and I guess it will be tweaked some more. It seems like there are clusters of certain items more in one area than the other. For example car batteries and spark plugs. I haven't found any on my prefered routes, so I'm forced to check the cities next, which I would usually avoid. The game has me going places, but it's not like before where you would just rush to the nearest barracks to get leet gear. The voyage aspect of Dayz is important to me and it does that very well now. 

The bug where we put the weapons away can't be that big a deal. It's weird, the first times this happened I could backtrack and find my weapons, but yesterday I didn't find any that I dropped. I tend to just run on anyway, because there are enough weapons to be found and I carry 2 pistols now anyway (3 if you count the one in a barrel); gonna check if persistency is on with my barrel today :)

God, this game, so hard to decide what to think! It's really going the right direction, but these (good) changes are too subtle to mean much to the average player. I hope we get zombies back soon and some ways to interact with them (lure them somewhere with sound/light). It's not nearly as bleak and barren as an empty map.In fact I'm kinda enjyoing Dayz as a hiking simulator more or less. Haven't shot anyone in three days, despite having met and observed and tricked quite a few people; well the few servers are massively crowded - that's why. And I just remembered I did shoot one guy, who was bout to knock me out when I kneeled down to pickup a bugged can. 

Edited by S3V3N

So 9mm is any good???

Well it knocked him Unconscious with just three billets to the torso ! But I have no idea how healthy he was before the encounter , for all I know he could have been dying lol ...

• Like 1

My version of the story

You're version sounds like what happened to JFK ... But in all seriousness if I had an mp5 the guy wouldn't have survived , he was so grateful that I explained myself and saved him after injuring him :) Thats dayz interaction at its finest scrubs .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

Well it knocked him Unconscious with just three billets to the torso ! But I have no idea how healthy he was before the encounter , for all I know he could have been dying lol ...

I once killed guy with Magnum. Sometimes takes 3-4 9mm bullets to kill zombies. I dont know what about think of pistols.

• Like 2

My good looking character is no more. I stopped in Staroye at the water pump for some water. I was going to eat some bacon but found my improvised knife ruined. I guess that's a tell-tale sign the character was old since I've had it since day one. I was dumb and decided to search for a new stone right there at the pump. As I'm crafting an improvised, a raggity looking player appears. I say hello, he pulls out his pick axe. I couldn't cancel my action of making the improvised knife so I said nothing more and let it happen. I was healthy and wearing a motorcycle helmet but 1 shot to the head and I was a freshie in Cherno. He got himself a well rounded kit. I'm tired of Cherno spawns. That's all I get anymore it seems. I did find a rak and police camo outfit so I went around looking for dbags causing trouble. Found a couple nice freshies so I gave one of them my stuff and ordered him to kill me. We'll see what spawn I get tonight.

I would just like to say that I ran over a zed in Novo with a truck this very evening so, they are there, definitely.

I saw 4 chasing some poor sap in Elecktro last night, so I shot them. You're welcome.

Then he comes up tp me and starts throwing punches. What the hell is wrong with some people?

So, I shot him.

Just weird.

• Like 6

Sorry for asking, but is something known about lifetime of helispawns, police cars and v3s-trucks?  Iam asking because i found two helis and a police car. 15min. later one heli+policecar despawned but the other heli was still there after about 45mins

By the way, if you're seeing zeds (and not a lot of them) it may be due to the server being "fresh," not necessarily because this build has more of them.

I don't think that's it.. I was seeing them right before the scheduled sever restart just now.

Still no weapon drop bug, btw.

I don't think that's it.. I was seeing them right before the scheduled sever restart just now.

Still no weapon drop bug, btw.

I really hope they pushed some secret version out which will be the last of these experimental .58 versions ... How many have we had , like 13? Time for this beast to roll out stable!

I just put it on the ground.  but I've had guns on the ground near camp for days, so they don't always despawn in 30+ min.

Thats good to know, because my m4 with rds+cqb+suppressor+40rnd mag is sititng on the floor... somewhere.

You're version sounds like what happened to JFK ... But in all seriousness if I had an mp5 the guy wouldn't have survived , he was so grateful that I explained myself and saved him after injuring him :) Thats dayz interaction at its finest scrubs .

Ah well.. I kinda did a couple mistakes like just standing still zooming in... controls are so awkward/goofy sometimes.. so I was kinda asking for it :P

If anyone is interested in 2 Augs I found earlier, just shoot me a PM. I would trade for a spare RV RDS.

Thats good to know, because my m4 with rds+cqb+suppressor+40rnd mag is sititng on the floor... somewhere.

Ah well.. I kinda did a couple mistakes like just standing still zooming in... controls are so awkward/goofy sometimes.. so I was kinda asking for it :P

If anyone is interested in 2 Augs I found earlier, just shoot me a PM. I would trade for a spare RV RDS.

Wait ... Are you the guy I met ?! Or have I just been confused Jedi mind trick style ... But anyways do you have those AUG's on a 1PP character , or a 3PP?

3rd. I didnt consider 1st worth for now when theres only 3 servers that arent too well populated. Im looking for pistol suppressors and RV RDS.. espeically the pistol suppressors I cant seem to find

3rd. I didnt consider 1st worth for now when theres only 3 servers that arent too well populated. Im looking for pistol suppressors and RV RDS.. espeically the pistol suppressors I cant seem to find

Hmmm ok I have characters on both but my 1PP is my main so if I do happen across an RVRDS on my 3PP I'll be sure to let you know . Hopping into the 1PP de 0-2 server, it's packed to the brim ! Looking for some good interaction today :)

I wonder if they are re-spawning though.  I saw three in Zelengorsk, in the vicinity of the mil base, about 4-5 hours after a restart.  Just seemed a little unusual since that seems to be a fairly high traffic area...

• Like 2

Why in God's name do we subject ourselves to dayz, people? Why would someone willingly log in day after day and subject themselves to such torture? What malady of the mind has led us here? Are we simply a wretched group of godless masochists that willingly endure that kick in the dick again and again, and then line up for more?

Here's what happened: I was driving my *loaded* truck through Severograd.. I mean sniper rifles, AUG, tent, hunting scopes, etc. I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this God awful lag that starts as soon as you get anywhere near another person, so before I can turn around and retreat I hit the area just past the firehouse and it starts getting unbelievably chunky and then crashes completely. I log back in to find myself on the coast..

..And the most shameful part? I'm STILL playing.

What I feel about Dayz at the moment, is that the loot system is the main gameplay argument. I mean - it's really quite good now and I guess it will be tweaked some more. It seems like there are clusters of certain items more in one area than the other. For example car batteries and spark plugs. I haven't found any on my prefered routes, so I'm forced to check the cities next, which I would usually avoid. The game has me going places, but it's not like before where you would just rush to the nearest barracks to get leet gear. The voyage aspect of Dayz is important to me and it does that very well now. 

The bug where we put the weapons away can't be that big a deal. It's weird, the first times this happened I could backtrack and find my weapons, but yesterday I didn't find any that I dropped. I tend to just run on anyway, because there are enough weapons to be found and I carry 2 pistols now anyway (3 if you count the one in a barrel); gonna check if persistency is on with my barrel today :)

God, this game, so hard to decide what to think! It's really going the right direction, but these (good) changes are too subtle to mean much to the average player. I hope we get zombies back soon and some ways to interact with them (lure them somewhere with sound/light). It's not nearly as bleak and barren as an empty map.In fact I'm kinda enjyoing Dayz as a hiking simulator more or less. Haven't shot anyone in three days, despite having met and observed and tricked quite a few people; well the few servers are massively crowded - that's why. And I just remembered I did shoot one guy, who was bout to knock me out when I kneeled down to pickup a bugged can. 

Last time there were zombies, a couple weeks ago for a couple days, they were acting pretty cool, I fired a shotgun and a couple came over to my position like normal and engaged me. But a little while later I only had 3 rounds left and I came around a corner into a zombie that was between a house and a shack and I had to shoot at close range and then I thought, better run, so I ran down the road about a block and spun around and 2 zombies ran to where I was and then started looking for me from there and I crouched down behind a fence and they didn't just automatically come to where I was.  I did some testing and found the same thing at nwairfield in the tents. I ran near that truck to the nw corner of the tents and fired off 3 shots from a mp5 and then ran to the wall and slipped into the bushes and 4 zombies came out of the tents and came to the truck and then started creeping around looking for me.

So carrying a second longhorn acts as a snaploader for the one in hand.

Not only that.Couple of patches ago I've found out that sawed-off mosin works as quick loader for your Mosin in hand as well. Never used it since I've found about it, thought they adressed the issue.

Anyone else ever gotten stuck under the rocks on top of the hill South of Vybor Military Base? I was drinking from my canteen while crouching beside it. Now I am stuck underneath the rocks and can't get out. Good times in DAYZ experimental!

I once logged off on top of the rocks and when I logged back I was on the ground inside the rock and just walked through. Hope thst somehow helps.

Why in God's name do we subject ourselves to dayz, people? Why would someone willingly log in day after day and subject themselves to such torture? What malady of the mind has led us here? Are we simply a wretched group of godless masochists that willingly endure that kick in the dick again and again, and then line up for more?

Here's what happened: I was driving my *loaded* truck through Severograd.. I mean sniper rifles, AUG, tent, hunting scopes, etc. I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this God awful lag that starts as soon as you get anywhere near another person, so before I can turn around and retreat I hit the area just past the firehouse and it starts getting unbelievably chunky and then crashes completely. I log back in to find myself on the coast..

..And the most shameful part? I'm STILL playing.

It's been ages since I have driven a truck, but I hop out of the truck a lot during my travels, because it seems if I crash for any reason while in the truck, it puts me back to where I was last standing on the ground, which could be a long way if I drive across the whole map without getting out. Last time I crashed and had to run back to where the truck was when I crashed and there she was, parked like some drunk had driven it.

I never saw anyone last night, so I never saw the new gun bug. I wonder if you were walking with your rifle on your back, if your character would draw his rifle when someone was near? On another note, go to suggestions and give your thoughts on my Gun Range idea.  :-D

I never saw anyone last night, so I never saw the new gun bug. I wonder if you were walking with your rifle on your back, if your character would draw his rifle when someone was near? On another note, go to suggestions and give your thoughts on my Gun Range idea.  :-D

I almost always have my rifle on my back and haven double carried in awhile and as far as I can tell I get a stutter in my game when someone is near but no my gun doesn't draw. I carry a long horn in hand a lot of the time and it seems unaffected.

Does anyone have a barrel in 1pp I can borrow?

I spent 2 hours running around with 3 cow pelts and a bag of fertilizer last night looking for one, dropped my longhorn to make room and lost my sks drinking from my water bottle.

Are the experimental servers offline?

I can't seem to see any listed in the game.