Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[BREAKING NEWS] PC Gaming Show: Brian Hicks

Lead Producer, Brian Hicks sits down with the PC Gaming Show at E3 2015 and talks about upcoming features to DayZ SA.

Some of the things Hicks talks about is:

1. Vehicle Pack
2. Single Player
3. Modding
4. Server Hosting
5. Enfusion Tools

Thanks for watching!

chTOr7Y.png

http://youtu.be/W9iQoZxFQ8k

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 4

Yessss!!!! 

Single Player. I knew it.

It was an eventuality, since it would  mean a "life after DayZ". I mean, I love online only games, but they die and there's no way to play them after... A lot of online games I seen over the years had their production/development stopped, and had their servers shut down, making it impossible to play.

Take for example Diablo. I still play Diablo 1 from time to time, but when Diablo 3 servers come down, it will be impossible to play.

It's brilliant really, as a single player option doesn't remove anything from the game really, and don't affect those who play online and vice versa.

It will only make more "casual" gamers get the game, or those who have a bad internet connection.

I had mentioned that DayZ would get a single player mode very early, and some people started bashing and hating on the reasons I mentioned, saying things like "they should get a better connection then" and what-not, making very disrespectful remarks. Why should we impose our beliefs to others?? 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163396-singleplayer-offline-mode/?hl=singleplayer

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/197471-single-player-mode/

Anyway, thanks for sharing this Weyland. Looking forward on the future of DayZ.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

I had mentioned that DayZ would get a single player mode very early, and some people started bashing and hating on the reasons I mentioned, saying things like "they should get a better connection then" and what-not, making very disrespectful remarks. Why should we impose our beliefs to others?? 

Anyway, thanks for sharing this Weyland. Looking forward on the future of DayZ.  :thumbsup:

They also didn't see this will work as a test server for modding development. Also, they should implement a finite amount of items and make it like The Long Dark w/days survived and etc.

That's not a [LEAK], it's all over the internetZ.

:)

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 2

To make this single player and lan play more attractive, perhaps players could keep the same character across single player, lan, and even 3rd and 1st person servers. To counter the lack of characters, perhaps each steam account could have 3 characters? This would allow, in the event of no servers for whatever reason, allow players to build up their characters between lan parties and such. And allow characters to such parties or wanting to explore to have the luxury of already having their gear.

Edited by agouti

To make this single player and lan play more attractive, perhaps players could keep the same character across single player, lan, and even 3rd and 1st person servers. To counter the lack of characters, perhaps each steam account could have 3 characters? This would allow, in the event of no servers for whatever reason, allow players to build up their characters between lan parties and such. And allow characters to such parties or wanting to explore to have the luxury of already having their gear.

That won't work out for sooo many reasons. As Hicks is mentioning that he wants people to test their mods in SP and then roll them out this would be a major problem with items being present on Online Servers afterwards.

1. Create Mod
  2. Give yourself all items and weapons in SP
  3. Teleport to Cherno
  4. Log in to Online Game
  5. Pwn N00bZ

This can't work.

• Like 7

I can see it now.... the new KoS defense: "You should just play single player."

Sounds like great developments though!

Modding will bring many great things for the game and the community!

• Like 2

I wonder if I should start designing a new map for DayZ.... There's no reason why a person couldn't do that once the Enfusion toolset comes out right? So I could start brainstorming and prototyping a map , creating assets, etc. now and by the time the mod tools become available I can be ready to get to work. Exciting stuff, this.

• Like 3

I wonder if I should start designing a new map for DayZ.... There's no reason why a person couldn't do that once the Enfusion toolset comes out right? So I could start brainstorming and prototyping a map , creating assets, etc. now and by the time the mod tools become available I can be ready to get to work. Exciting stuff, this.

I want a map in Japan. I always loved the thought of a "zombie apocalypse" in Tokyo.  B)  Or even, the Japanese wilderness.

Anyway, yeah, we should already start thinking about mods to come for sure!!  :thumbsup:

I want a map in Japan. I always loved the thought of a "zombie apocalypse" in Tokyo.  B)  Or even, the Japanese wilderness.

Anyway, yeah, we should already start thinking about mods to come for sure!!  :thumbsup:

Everything is possible with modding...

GTA:SA got 2 multiplayer mods.

And with the integration of the steam workshop, mod installing will be very easy, looking forward to this feature.

• Like 1

I wonder if we will be allowed to use Arma 3 maps and or assets for modding DayZ and vice versa at some point...