Sign in to follow this  
Hawksachute

SurvivaL Please ...

its vanilla so much can happen from now till beta. Hicks already announced they where working heavy on survival. PVP is what we make of it.

If I have a knife, you a bat, you will try to swing at me, or make friends. If I have a bag full of Twinkies and you a bag of money, I bet you take a swing at me first!

right now people see others as a threat, that alone shows it is kill or be killed.

I would like it pvp more then playing deer hunter, I would like pvp more then playing Farmville. Yet both are popular games.

If you want dinosaurs you will play ARC. If you want a mixture of zombies, and the walking dead theme you will play Dayz.

If that stamina system you refer to is to stop, laydown wait 15 secs, jump up and start to sprint again... you can bet ill mod that one out first :)

• Like 1

Survival Simulator, not Farming Simulator. If it was a Farming Simulator there wouldn't be military weapons, bases and the like to loot. You're essentially upset that this game is going more into the survival side of things and you can't grasp the concept of this game yet. You'll have your PVP and it will be more balanced than ever once it gets to that point and you'll have hermits living up north off the land with bases that you'll have to deal with.

I understand a few different concepts of the game and it is Hicks's one which I'm not sure I like. The way he's been talking about people living off the land and such is great but if that becomes the only way to survive I'm out. I want a balance of PvP and PvE where you can't loot one town for enough gear to last a week, but you can find enough to survive. I think whatever happens people are going to play how they like and squadplay is always going to take priority over farming or hunting for most people. 

• Like 2

snipertrifle

Have you played games like ARK, or other MMO's where survival is a key feature only in those games. It is required to do these things in order to survive. It boils down to our choices, almost like those multi choice books. If we band together with other clans (groups) we will fight other players on the map for notoriety. Groups, enjoy this, and will do anything in the game to build on. Building bases will be a big factor in Dayz. You must obtain items in order to build those bases.

What will happen is pvp period, because now with the options we will have many different servers hosting pvp, or pve, or both combined. We make the game up, we survive and be noticed. If your name pops up snipertrifle kills so and so over 5 times a day you know people will notice you and hunt you down more often.

Modder's will make up things to make it more enjoyable. Survival is just a feature, as important as base building and pvp. You have to have something in Dayz, because there is no end boss mobs to kill over and over, and there is no gaining of levels or special abilities. It is just you simply trying to survive and decide either you are a bandit or a hunter, farmer. Its your choice and mine if we make it pvp or not.

Players will build a character up to do something. If the small group of people wish to vanilla play Dayz then those servers will be there. The rest will play on PVP style servers. You still will be required to survive in some fashion.

Time is on our side, and when we see the tools given to us nothing will matter what is done by the dayz team. It will be a starting point to what we decide it to become, simply put.

I do agree with you on many sides of the coin, and I wondered that exact same thing will we be able to play the way we want or the way the game wants. I want to enjoy it not simply hate the game but the choice to mod the game to our likes and dislikes will make the community grow even more. Ill bet you in a year after moding and hosting is released we will have doubled or tripled online servers.

People will want to host it for themselves and not pay ridiculous amounts of money to use half of the supported features.

This is why I like arma so much.

Sneaks

P.s hold in there because there will be pvp servers all over the place.

• Like 1

I also want to raid players bases, and go around shooting a player in the face and steal all his or hers wares HEHE Its just me I like to pvp sorry but I do like the pvp, and pve mixed.

I also don't mind crafting of some sort. I remember a crafting game that was on PlayStation 3 dead island, most of us know this game but you could build cool looking items. I am down with that, and make myself look different.

I would also like to have the ARK style character building where we can change the details a little more then the current system. Having the death displayed at the end like a person posted from prior games was way cool. I agree we need something to give us a big feeling of Damnit, killed again.... oh ill get that bugger back. Everyone likes to be scared some. Even if its someone pointing a gun at you from off in the distance. You will always react and decide what to do.

Sorry its been awhile since I last played, awaiting what's to come in the future.

I also want to raid players bases, and go around shooting a player in the face and steal all his or hers wares HEHE Its just me I like to pvp sorry but I do like the pvp, and pve mixed.

I also don't mind crafting of some sort. I remember a crafting game that was on PlayStation 3 dead island, most of us know this game but you could build cool looking items. I am down with that, and make myself look different.

I would also like to have the ARK style character building where we can change the details a little more then the current system. Having the death displayed at the end like a person posted from prior games was way cool. I agree we need something to give us a big feeling of Damnit, killed again.... oh ill get that bugger back. Everyone likes to be scared some. Even if its someone pointing a gun at you from off in the distance. You will always react and decide what to do.

Sorry its been awhile since I last played, awaiting what's to come in the future.

Yep , i like the way you think here .

Pvp is important, team figth on raid base too :) , Rust or others games are nice on those points ,

But, for me DayZ need to be dificult/simulation no arcad and easy ;)

I 'll edit my first coment , because i don't repproch Pvp . I dislike an easy DayZ ;)

yeah that it, DayZ, can have all features (dayZ is as real world) , so Pvp, Kos, fwepwe pwe, PvE, survival, farmring ... etc . But play Dayz have to be exigent . Like many others what we love in DayZ is the fuù*^k emotional feeling ^^

Edited by Hawksachute
  • Like 1

And that conclud this topic I think ,

thx all for debat, and see you next update  :) ->  :beans:

I'm with the idea of enjoying the current DayZ as it is. Trying out weapons you may not normally come across. This way, when a more difficult DayZ comes out, and you come across that rare weapon you'll have had some practice with it.

The key here is allowing for multiple ways to experience and play DayZ. It's getting old hearing the people who keep insisting DayZ should play how THEY think it should play. I'm bored to tears when I hear these things come up over and over again.

• Like 1

This game won't be a "survival game" until the environment is an much of an enemy as the other players, you actually have to work to keep yourself fed and hydrated, and players actually have a reason to band together, as opposed to clusterfucking in Elektro with brooms and dresses.

LMAO..So true. Tired of the emo 10yr olds

I'm not sure how far into true, wilderness, caveman/bush-style survival you can go when you've got internally suppressed marksman rifles, assault rifles with 75 round drum magazine, ones that have more attachments than the guns in PayDay 2, four different kinds of explosives, and plenty of other weapons.

I mean, you can tell me that they're all going to be rare but I'm not really inclined to believe it considering we don't even have the scope of the most powerful weapons that'll be in the game (i.e. machine guns, grenade launchers, etc.) Because I also really doubt that a CR-527 will ever be a hyper rare prize gun.

The way I see it right now is that in the future there will be different gameplay servers. This is a very smart decision from the developers to keep all the players happy.

My guess is that there will be servers which have a ton of food, weapons, etc. But there will also be servers which has almost none. If people get fed up with one style gameplay they can always switch to another one.

I will be the person who is mostly on the hardcore survivalist servers/hive and occasionally visit a PvP server to do some PvP'ing.

In my opinion, the server I want to play on should be like "OMG OMG OMG AN AK! Oh crap, need a mag now". Not the kind of server where you go "Hm, an AK, great".

The kind of server/hive where if you see a player you need to say "hey, nice bow you got there" instead of *dang dang dang* "You are dead".

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Oh yes ^^ that the gameplay I would like ...

In my opinion, the server I want to play on should be like "OMG OMG OMG AN AK! Oh crap, need a mag now". Not the kind of server where you go "Hm, an AK, great".

Hello guys

I would like to say that DayZ seems more and more PVP ("easy")

[...]

That is how much I read from your post... If I see someone trying to "prime" the opinion in such a clumsy way to further  their own agenda - I immediately assume they must be some sort of ...

How comes everybody camouflages their agenda or inabilities by calling something else "easy" in a derogative way? 

Only thing you show is that your point you want to make seem weak even to yourself.

• Like 2

Or over-foraging.

In my perfect Day Z, plants (as well as apple trees and berry bushes) would not have the stupid , Random success/failure mechanic it has now. Instead, each plant would have a finite "inventory" of foragables (cattail rhizomes, stalks, and pollen-heads, berries, apples, etc). Once those are gone, they are gone until a certain amount of time has passed, preferably equal to the amount of time it takes crops to grow (which also needs to be extended, HEAVILY. Like, a week of real-time for crops to grow would be nice). 

That way, you actually have to be like an actual hunter-gatherer, and have to move on to a new area when you pick an area clean of edible plants. Or, kill all the animals in an area.

This would also force people to move around and increase interaction. Fights over food or land might then start. If you know an area is ripe with resources, are you going to defend it - try and grab everything to stock up? It's a pity food storage isn't implemented so if you do it wrong, you ruin it but that's probably going a little too far.

When I go and hunt for food, I don't want to walk for a minute and find an animal - I want to have to hunt them, like in The Hunter, if you ever played that and preferably with the bow.

• Like 1

We don't have too much food, ammo and weapons. What we have too much of are people who want DayZ to be designed just the way they play and no other play style. Oh, they say "Yes, make DayZ for everyone", then suggest ideas that only.cater to their play style.

By keeping ammo and weapons available you allow players to CHOOSE whether to play KOS or use their weapons to defend themselves. If you want to live your DayZ life with a garden and white picket fence, you can do that, too.

You say that people can arm themselves in 20 minutes. Great! Then they will be prepared sooner for players who only play KOS. That is what a fair game looks like. It's mind boggling that people don't get it that reducing ammo and weapons does not discourage KOS at all. As a matter of fact, it will make it easier for KOS players because it will make it harder for other players to arm themselves before a KOS player gets to them. It's so obvious.

If a fresh spawn takes 2-4 hours to find ammo and a matching weapon, they are more likely going to come across a KOS player in that amount of time. Why doesn't this occur to people who think rare ammo and weapons will help? It won't.

All play styles should be supported. It's a survival game. Thus, there should be multiple ways to deal with surviving. And dealing with armed players is one of those ways. If you came across a KOS type player, wouldn't you want to be armed when that happens? Of course you do.

This is survival. Not home and garden magazine.

Except the game is a survival game where there are limited resources. This has always been the goal of DayZ, to make things hard for the player as the "anti-game" getting tooled up in 20 minutes smacks of easy mode. There is no room for players who can't find a gun in 20 minutes - if you can't survive without a gun for that long, then go back and find out what DayZ is meant to be about.

There is a reason all this disease and health stuff is being added - to make things harder. Food will be harder to come by, forcing you to move around. Instead of worrying about running across a KOS player in 2 hours, why not enjoy the challenge of outwitting them?

There is never a point in DayZ where you can sit safely which means planning your actions in advance which is part of the game and something I enjoy doing (and why I rarely get killed).

Having ammo and food available as a "choice" of how to play the game is ridiculous though. I can choose not to pick up that gun and survive..... Othjer games do not provide this kind of choice. With this line of reasoning, you can choose to use a two handed sword in WoW but don't complain when I shop up in an apache gunship and nuke you from 5 miles out. Well you "chose" the Sword!

I also have to ask what's the big deal about the guns. Are people still not clear about the direction DayZ is going - zombie apocalypse survival - not run around blasting each other. It's also strange that with so many other shooter games out there that people want to make DayZ into one of them. Whoopy yeah, let's have another FPS like all the rest.

• Like 2

Jexter:

"I also have to ask what's the big deal about the guns. Are people still not clear about the direction DayZ is going - zombie apocalypse survival - not run around blasting each other. It's also strange that with so many other shooter games out there that people want to make DayZ into one of them. Whoopy yeah, let's have another FPS like all the rest."

I wasn't aware you were on the development team, Jexter. Your name isn't highlighted in blue or green, so I can only assume you're just another person talking out of their bung hole. You talk as if you have the final design plans for DayZ right in front of you, and the rest of us are just lowly scrubs without a clue.

Weapons, ammo, food, supplies, tools, etc can be easily dealt with by randomly spawning them around the map after server restarts or some other time frame the developers decide on. Random spawns automatically force people to search and explore new areas of the map. Not only will this help everyone learn the map better, it will make the survival aspect of DayZ more consistent and balanced for everyone.

I think another suggestion I've heard that will help people enjoy DayZ more are servers that are designed around different play styles. Personally, I'd like to explore all play styles myself. If people want to just plant and grow their own food. Great. Because we will have lots of servers to cater to all aspects of "survival", we can make everyone happy. I'm happy to let the developers handle everything with and without our input. In the end, I'll either play DayZ or I won't.

• Like 1

That is how much I read from your post... If I see someone trying to "prime" the opinion in such a clumsy way to further  their own agenda - I immediately assume they must be some sort of ...

How comes everybody camouflages their agenda or inabilities by calling something else "easy" in a derogative way? 

Only thing you show is that your point you want to make seem weak even to yourself.

I meen easy -> easy to be stuff (quickly), and ready to go on fight ^^

but like I try to said, and finaly on page 3 (conclusion was every kind of gameplay can live on dayZ ;) )

but now currently (0.57 stable) in my opinion U can't say that dayZ is hard ;) , spawn ->  6min later stuff-> more 3 min killed ... and again respawn ;)

Jexter:

"I also have to ask what's the big deal about the guns. Are people still not clear about the direction DayZ is going - zombie apocalypse survival - not run around blasting each other. It's also strange that with so many other shooter games out there that people want to make DayZ into one of them. Whoopy yeah, let's have another FPS like all the rest."

I wasn't aware you were on the development team, Jexter. Your name isn't highlighted in blue or green, so I can only assume you're just another person talking out of their bung hole. You talk as if you have the final design plans for DayZ right in front of you, and the rest of us are just lowly scrubs without a clue.

Weapons, ammo, food, supplies, tools, etc can be easily dealt with by randomly spawning them around the map after server restarts or some other time frame the developers decide on. Random spawns automatically force people to search and explore new areas of the map. Not only will this help everyone learn the map better, it will make the survival aspect of DayZ more consistent and balanced for everyone.

I think another suggestion I've heard that will help people enjoy DayZ more are servers that are designed around different play styles. Personally, I'd like to explore all play styles myself. If people want to just plant and grow their own food. Great. Because we will have lots of servers to cater to all aspects of "survival", we can make everyone happy. I'm happy to let the developers handle everything with and without our input. In the end, I'll either play DayZ or I won't.

Having paid attention to what's going on around here, that's what's been said by Rocket and the dev team afaik. So if I'm talking out of my "bung hole" it also means the Devs have also been talking out of their anal cavity. As for if you play DayZ or not, nobody here cares. Another thing you might want to look at before you embarrass yourself further is the suggestions thread which was put there for a reason - care to take a guess at what the reason was?

0.55 "omg ders no l00t anywhere, worst update evar dev's's's u forget the tru meaning of dayZ!!!!1"

0.57 "omg thanx dev's's's's's's's's's's's's'z gunsr r everywere and its impossible to starve and der r no zeds best update evar!!!!!!"

I'll admit, I've been having a lot of fun with 0.57. Found CR527s and mags, assault vests; all sorts. I'm pretty bad at DayZ so finding ph4t l00t makes a bit of a change. Having said that, I want the game to be more difficult. I'll enjoy 0.57 but I look forward to the next update where it might be more of a challenge.

The devs have said, repeatedly, that DayZ is supposed to be unforgiving and I have no doubt that DayZ will eventually be the painful experience it was always meant to be. It seems, however, that a lot of the community is very into this Berezino punchout mindset. They're not happy unless they can find an AKM and a ghillie suit in every house, and they're going to kick and scream when the game becomes a challenge. In fact I have no doubt we'll see a hundred threads explaining why DayZ should be changed to adhere to the whims of the lowest common denominator.

It's an old argument, but if you want an open world deathmatch then play Arma. DayZ is (will be) a survival game. How people choose to survive (KoS for example) is entirely up to them, but they shouldn't expect to go three houses and come out with all the gear they'll need to survive the next two hours.

• Like 2

We don't have too much food, ammo and weapons. What we have too much of are people who want DayZ to be designed just the way they play and no other play style. Oh, they say "Yes, make DayZ for everyone", then suggest ideas that only.cater to their play style.

This is survival. Not home and garden magazine.

We most emphatically do have too much food and ammunition. Weapons, meh, but they become much less useful (and conversely, more "in-depth") when they don't have ammunition.

Just the other day, I played in the new Berezino for about an hour. I found 3 or 4 different rifles, a magnum and a repeater, and 60+ rounds of .357. Not even including the other ammunition I found and threw into the ocean or hid in a bush.

Or, the 4 different bags of rice (also went into the drink), tins of various canned goods, or bottles of water and canteens.

Imagine what the game could be like if we kept the current weapon spawn, but had little ammunition spawning? I highly doubt that KoS would skyrocket, as the people supporting this don't really understand math: when the supply decreases, the chances of someone having the ammunition you need decreases, not increases. Using bullets becomes "more expensive" for little reward.

More hold-ups, more "bluffing" with empty/nearly-empty weapons. More bayonet-fighting (when it gets implemented). More ambushes and "smart" firefights, as opposed to the current "run around in the street and spray-n-pray at anything that moves." More usage of bow and crossbow to hunt with, as opposed to blasting away with valuable bullets.

Or, how about food? More fear, concern about the next meal, more "necessary to move on to search for supplies", as opposed to "stuffing your face and camping on top of a factory". More foraging in the wild for food (although I agree that foraging mechanics need to be redone), instead of running to "food houses".

Or, medical supplies, with an accompanying advanced medical system? Less "strapping a dirty rag over a bullet-hole" and more "trying to suture a wound closed, without anesthesia, while the infected move in". Less "hmm, I can totally eat this raw meat. I'll just pop down to the clinic for some charcoal tabs" (which totally don't heal anything, they just make you throw up IRL), more balancing risk vs reward when it comes to making choices. More infected wounds, and fewer synthesized antibiotics to treat them. Wound would have to be cleaned and re-bandaged regularly. You wouldn't regain health by stuffing your face with food and drink and sitting down for 5 minutes. Healing would be a long, tedious process, to the point where avoiding possible injury is preferable.

Less "gearing up in 5 minutes", and more "careful gameplay". Less "sprinting 5km over hills to the nearest military base", and more "making your way in that direction over several days, due to the rough terrain and heavy equipment you have to carry to stay warm, fed, and hydrated".

Most of the playerbase has been spoiled due to the Alpha availability of easy guns, easy food, no logistics, and next-to-no survival at all. Now that the game is actually becoming what it should be, they scream and cry. Get over it, or get out.

Note: I never said there couldn't be PvP, or even KoS. I just want it to be happening for a reason, as opposed to the current "for the hell of it". Clans fighting over trade routes and industries, scavengers duking it out over the remains of a city. Paranoid survivalists killing anyone that gets too close, so they don't get sick (transmissible diseases would be GREAT).

• Like 3

Contradict yourself much? :rolleyes:

Another idiot chiming in. DayZ is a survival game that can cater to multiple play styles.

There is no contradiction in the quotes you picked. I'm guessing English is not your primary language. If you're going to criticize what someone says, at least try a little harder to make some sense. Maybe take another class in English.

Unsubbing from this thread.

Edited by BulletGarden
  • Like 1

Another idiot chiming in. DayZ is a survival game that can cater to multiple play styles.

There is no contradiction in the quotes you picked. I'm guessing English is not your primary language. If you're going to criticize what someone says, at least try a little harder to make some sense. Maybe take another class in English.

Your entire argument in this post is that I don't know English. Oh okay. Let me school you on what a contradiction is, since I have such a poor command of the English language.

A contradiction is defined as such:

a statement or proposition that contradicts or denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.

In the same post, you tirade about other people imposing their playstyle on you and then proceed to insult a particular playstyle. How is that not contradictory speech?

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

We most emphatically do have too much food and ammunition. Weapons, meh, but they become much less useful (and conversely, more "in-depth") when they don't have ammunition.

Just the other day, I played in the new Berezino for about an hour. I found 3 or 4 different rifles, a magnum and a repeater, and 60+ rounds of .357. Not even including the other ammunition I found and threw into the ocean or hid in a bush.

Or, the 4 different bags of rice (also went into the drink), tins of various canned goods, or bottles of water and canteens.

Imagine what the game could be like if we kept the current weapon spawn, but had little ammunition spawning? I highly doubt that KoS would skyrocket, as the people supporting this don't really understand math: when the supply decreases, the chances of someone having the ammunition you need decreases, not increases. Using bullets becomes "more expensive" for little reward.

More hold-ups, more "bluffing" with empty/nearly-empty weapons. More bayonet-fighting (when it gets implemented). More ambushes and "smart" firefights, as opposed to the current "run around in the street and spray-n-pray at anything that moves." More usage of bow and crossbow to hunt with, as opposed to blasting away with valuable bullets.

Or, how about food? More fear, concern about the next meal, more "necessary to move on to search for supplies", as opposed to "stuffing your face and camping on top of a factory". More foraging in the wild for food (although I agree that foraging mechanics need to be redone), instead of running to "food houses".

Or, medical supplies, with an accompanying advanced medical system? Less "strapping a dirty rag over a bullet-hole" and more "trying to suture a wound closed, without anesthesia, while the infected move in". Less "hmm, I can totally eat this raw meat. I'll just pop down to the clinic for some charcoal tabs" (which totally don't heal anything, they just make you throw up IRL), more balancing risk vs reward when it comes to making choices. More infected wounds, and fewer synthesized antibiotics to treat them. Wound would have to be cleaned and re-bandaged regularly. You wouldn't regain health by stuffing your face with food and drink and sitting down for 5 minutes. Healing would be a long, tedious process, to the point where avoiding possible injury is preferable.

Less "gearing up in 5 minutes", and more "careful gameplay". Less "sprinting 5km over hills to the nearest military base", and more "making your way in that direction over several days, due to the rough terrain and heavy equipment you have to carry to stay warm, fed, and hydrated".

Most of the playerbase has been spoiled due to the Alpha availability of easy guns, easy food, no logistics, and next-to-no survival at all. Now that the game is actually becoming what it should be, they scream and cry. Get over it, or get out.

Note: I never said there couldn't be PvP, or even KoS. I just want it to be happening for a reason, as opposed to the current "for the hell of it". Clans fighting over trade routes and industries, scavengers duking it out over the remains of a city. Paranoid survivalists killing anyone that gets too close, so they don't get sick (transmissible diseases would be GREAT).

Pretty much my feelings exactly.

I have been a "PVP" Player for the longest time; but like you; I want a real RISK Vs. REWARD to be in play. not 'meh' respawn and regear in 45 mins and go back to playing squad deathmatch. More long-lived characters and more time investment on the line when you choose to engage is only a good thing for overall gameplay.

For us PvP Folks, the excitement is intensified by the risk of loosing the past days, weeks, or even months of progress in getting all the 'best stuff'.

For Newspawns, The scarcity of ammunition and resources makes 'killing freshies' for 'the lolz' extremely unproductive and a waste of resources.

Forging relations or hostilities with other groups on your server will be a game-changer. perhaps partake in a mutually beneficial trading arrangement- or a bitter rivalry for the available resources.

the more time and effort one must put in to get established and be in a position to fight, the more they will value their lives and play more realisticly. that's a simple fact. no it won't get rid of KoS or PvP but one had best think long and hard about how they handle other players before doing something when one wrong move is a WEEK down the tube instead of 30 mins.

What a nice viewpoint over the subject mate. I couldn't  agree more!

I agreed too :P ,

but is s  Z, players or wild  ?? (is the danger)

I m afraid, with consol (pS4 Xbox) , the game will be "easy handing" to plays with game pad ... and then not realistic at all (like for exemple give order in BF 3 than BF2 / 1942) dowgrade !

?

Unsubbing from this thread.

lol bingo, have some beans.