boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

I don't know about cargo pants, but there were lots of hunter pants in the new school building in Elektro.

Actually, those pants were the only things that spawned there yesterday.

• Like 1

Someone needs to take a long hard look at the ballistic data for the .22LR round.
IRL, there is no way in hell it will hit anything past 300m, let alone penetrate thick clothing at that distance.

In 0.57, I've been hitting things (including bipedal ones) at 500m (and even further out) with the Sporter and a Hunting Scope.

This oversight (I sure hope it is) makes this combo extremely OP in skilled hands.

• Like 6

Someone needs to take a long hard look at the ballistic data for the .22LR round.

IRL, there is no way in hell it will hit anything past 300m, let alone penetrate thick clothing at that distance.

In 0.57, I've been hitting things (including bipedal ones) at 500m (and even further out) with the Sporter and a Hunting Scope.

This oversight (I sure hope it is) makes this combo extremely OP in skilled hands.

How many hits does it take to kill a person at 500m though? I realize headshots are deadly, but if it takes you 6 or 7 bodyshots to kill, then this is, after all, a video game. 

How many hits does it take to kill a person at 500m though? I realize headshots are deadly, but if it takes you 6 or 7 bodyshots to kill, then this is, after all, a video game. 

No need to kill him.. just ruin all his easily earned gear :) Break legs and stuff

DjYUXZw.jpg

Seriously though, do barrels spawn in current build? I've looked high, and i've looked low.

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 8

anyone else having issues with rubberbanding ? can't play since .54 due to it :(

I was rubber banding like a mother trucker when i tried 57 yesterday in what I am pretty sure was cherno and I was even ice skating around the floor in one of those orange brick houses.. it was ..umm.. yeah, you know  :huh:

Zombies came through the jail building doors at Zelenogorsk. They weren't right behind me when I shut the doors so they didn't slide in right behind me.

I've been seeing this as well. I trolled a couple zeds to get the following vids and ended up seeing the new zombie animation which I hadnt seen before.

Sorry if the vids dont load. This will be my first attempt at uploading videos

https://youtu.be/tEb0dd0sVt4

https://youtu.be/kwqFbM0uNn0

Edited by Mizzou60
  • Like 1

I finally managed to put this together. I was excited to do it since I first found out about it months ago.

8mt8zfT.jpg

• Like 4

I finally managed to put this together. I was excited to do it since I first found out about it months ago.

8mt8zfT.jpg

I was roaming around with a couple people yesterday. We all managed to get carbine + hunting scope. I'm loving the zoom on that hunting scope. Can't wait to try it out on some unsuspecting survivors. 

• Like 2

Z pass trough doors, only thing i have to say ;) 

rest is great !

• Like 1

Yeah, i have a lot rubberbanding too now.. Wasn't there yesterday on same servers and never after 0.50 or so. Was going to check my desync but guess they took that away.

And another thing: I shot a guy unconscious and when i came close i checked pulse to be strong. Took out my makarov and planted a headshot. Still pulse strong.. Ended up emptying the whole clip into the head registering hits with splatter. Still alive. Then i just knocked him with the axe and he died straight away. Iv'e had another one of these earlier today where a guy survived at least >30 shots with a AK74 to the body from 2 meter away.

Edited by aasand

LOTS of plate carriers on the prison island. Along with tons of clothes, cargo pants, medical scrubs, TTsKO jackets and pants, assault vests, etc. Pouches I have seen around but not that many and have yet to come across a holster for the plate carrier. Lots of 3 person tents there as well.

Only found one leather sewing kit and have yet to find a regular sewing kit. Also haven't found a single fishing hook. Would try making one out of bone but have yet to find any animals.

Found a reg sewing kit.

Also, deer stands seem to all contain a few xbow bolt quivers/rangefinders/binoculars. Like its a set specifially for xbow hunters lol

Edited by cash81

I feel like the AKM doesn't exist

I was forced to kill a guy who had one earlier. They are out there. I didn't take it. I'm enjoying the CR527 w/ Hunting Scope atm.

• Like 1

So I got on exp I looted some stuff not allot of food though I made it through. I found some aks and learned that SVD mags spawn at mil locations now not just heli crashes and I even found a Steyr Aug at a vybor crash. But I have one question I saw thst the red nine pistol was added but were is it. I've been trying very long to try to find it but never found it any advise.

I was not seeing item clean up as I expected.

The same server I was in YESTERDAY had the EXACT same loot in houses today.

Including a loaded Blaze I dropped.

ColdAtrophy and I met up and decided to hit some hot spots and helis and maybe find an SVD for the mag I am carrying.

We made our way to the overgrown jail and barracks complex nestled in the woods.

The jail itself was mostly stripped clean but had a magnum on the upstairs landing I was interested in.

I loaded the magnum and stacked some rounds while ColdAtrophy covered the stairs.

I then heard a door sound but didn't question it as I had thought my friend had just moved downstairs and was checking the cell area we had passed up.

Next thing I know, ColdAtrophy is telling me that he heard a door and that's when I realized we had company.

I took out my MP5 and spun around to find him firing down the stairs at an unseen assailant.

That's when he told me he was rushed by a guy holding an axe!

Apparently he shot the guy who then turned tail and sought cover.

I asked him if we should try to hail the guy, my intention was to maybe subdue him, but as we are having this exchange a zombie came in and was cut down by his FNX.

Now, without another word, ColdAtrophy slowly walked down the stairs.

I wasn't sure what he was up to at this point and had never once seen the assailant so I was a bit gob smacked.

He clears the stairs....

I'm asking, "What are you DOING?".

I hear the back room door swing open and a few rounds fired.

"He's dead, he's dead." my friend announced.

It seemed the guy tried to combat log and well, combat loggers get summarily executed and their gear gets left to the GodZ.

He did not try to call out to us once and he had made his move directly following or about the same time as when I was reloading and combining ammo, probably assuming he could catch me unawares, and likely thinking there was only a single player inside.

Instead, his axe wielding shenanigans turned my BF bloodlust friend into some kind of Terminator and well, sayonara KoSer! :P

Unfortunately for you, the 75 round drum mag for that AKM you were chambering?.... was right inside a neighboring barracks. *sad trombone*

(*No we didn't go back for the AKM when we found it.)

3tLxTCD.jpg

Dat fruitless heli-hunting. :/

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

I met a friendly player! Great patch.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!  :D

LOTS of plate carriers on the prison island. Along with tons of clothes, cargo pants, medical scrubs, TTsKO jackets and pants, assault vests, etc. Pouches I have seen around but not that many and have yet to come across a holster for the plate carrier. Lots of 3 person tents there as well.

Only found one leather sewing kit and have yet to find a regular sewing kit. Also haven't found a single fishing hook. Would try making one out of bone but have yet to find any animals. 

I found two leather and one regular last night, so both of them are in-game.

• Like 1

anyone else having issues with rubberbanding ? can't play since .54 due to it :(

This could be an issue with high pop servers in Exp, but I haven't seen it yet in stable.

• Like 1

DjYUXZw.jpg

Seriously though, do barrels spawn in current build? I've looked high, and i've looked low.

If your luck is anything like mine, you'll find a barrel about five minutes before a server restart.

*** I'm assuming that since tents aren't persistent, barrels aren't either ... although I haven't personally tested that theory, because I can't find a friggin' barrel, either!!!

• Like 1

This could be an issue with high pop servers in Exp, but I haven't seen it yet in stable.

I've had some rubberbanding when in the vicinity of other players, but that's probably my shoddy internet connection.

The only other network issues I've had has been on the DG hives, ~ 50/50 people, every single action took about 5 seconds to register. I assumed it had something to do with the server itself. Haven't gone back to check and see if the issue has been resolved.

Somewhere between Paris & LA I expect.

Go play the game, the changelog is not essential and if you take the time to browse the Forums most of the info is freely available.

Deal with it.

Hehehe.  We changed A because it caused a problem with B, then we found C was too long because we changed A, D works ok but it's still causing B to not get along with A. Now that C is working well, F has started to become unstable so we decided to go back to default A and delete B entirely. Now F just will not function because F just seems to miss B and we think C is jealous of the relationship between F and B, so we created G and it only cares about itself so it is no help at all. OK done.

• Like 3

I've been totin' around a CR527 with a couple of mags and a pristine PU scope. Whether I keep the 527, or not will depend on whether I find a hunting scope next, or a SKS.

• Like 1

Funny enough, I hit 2 of these places and didn't get cargo pants.

I pulled everything down off the green cabinets and it was just check shirts and a raincoat with few other things scattered around.

Recently I've seen hunters jackets and canvas pants on the roofs of these garages too.

The construction office buildings (white door, shelves on ground floor, bathroom in back; sink, desks, and shelves upstairs) had cargos often as well but I do not think I found any there either yesterday... probably just bad luck.

The last place I found some cargo pants was at the NE Airfield at that building with the bathroom downstairs and an upstairs with a couple shelves and the 2 broken down cars outside that seem to never have a darn thing. I also found some pants that seem to be color glitched, they were blacker then black, they were black hole pants. I did not pick those up to be safe )