boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

As far as I know the 10 round mag is for the pistol and only the 30 round mag ever worked for me on the sporter. 10 round would never attach if I recall. I never have the sporter very long, but if the hunting scope can attach to it, I might hold onto it!

There was a ten-round magazine for the sporter in .53.  It was the same one that comes standard with the Ruger 10-22.  Haven't seen one of those in ages.  If it is the other kind, I'd be interested; as I just found an Amphibia.

• Like 1

Had a quick runabout.....but I got KOS twice as a new spawn in 10 minutes.

I forgot that the douchebag ratio is so much higher on stable compared to exp.

My bad.

• Like 11

Was looking forward to skipping the looting phase and going straight into the woods to see how crafting was working.

Spawned in Elektro, stopped by those guard stands, and there happened to be a loot-splosion outside on the porch. Got fully kitted (AK74, mag, ammo, silencer, full smersh, tons of food).

Couple things I noticed:

• Zeds seem to be ignoring doors again. And boy are they sure loud as hell. Thought a group of zeds was chasing me, look back, only to find it was one really pissed off zed right on my tail. Still pretty

• The 300 Round Box only holds 4 slots now, and anything can go inside of it. I've heard that the first aid kit is the same thing. 

•  

Same bug with the first aid kit too,

Edited by Barnabus

Same bug with the first aid kit too,

Tux >>> The ammo box now occupies 4 slots and holds 4 slots.

BioHaze >>> The protector case now occupies 6 slots and holds 6 slots.

Beloved Comrade >>> the first aid kit now occupies 4 slots and holds 4 slots.

I can also confirm that the first aid kit now occupies 4 slots and holds 4 slots.

I'm surprised that the stable folks (those who did not play 0.57 Exp) haven't yet noticed that the capacity of the taloon pack has been nerfed.

To cut to the chase, these seem to be intentional changes which, presumably (with the exclusion of the pack), partially address the abuse of multiple items being nested inside of each other.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if similar changes occur with vests and the plate carrier pouches.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

I can also confirm that the first aid kit now occupies 4 slots and holds 4 slots.

I'm surprised that the stable folks (those who did not play 0.57 Exp) haven't yet noticed that the capacity of the taloon pack has been nerfed.

To cut to the chase, these seem to be intentional changes which, presumably (with the exclusion of the pack), partially address the abuse of multiple items being nested inside of each other.

I doubt that the changes to the ammo box and first aid kit were intentional, or at least not permanent. They can both hold any type of items, unlike before where they held only ammunition and medical supplies respectively. They would be reduced to nothing more than a cooking pot with even less functionality than a cooking pot (or rather, just another protector case).

Speaking of cooking pots, I'm loving how frequent they seem to be spawning everywhere. Aside from being great for cooking multiple pieces of food at once, I always put one in my jeans (as I've been unable to find any pants past my starting jeans) whenever I find one. I haven't tested it yet, but I believe that this will give extra falling protection for items inside of my pants. 

I'll be sure to test this hypothesis the next time I find a pot to see if items get ruined inside of your pants after falling.

• Like 1

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if similar changes occur with vests and the plate carrier pouches.

Magazine pouches take up 10 slots and hold 10...

• Like 1

I always put one in my jeans (as I've been unable to find any pants past my starting jeans) whenever I find one. I haven't tested it yet, but I believe that this will give extra falling protection for items inside of my pants. 

I'll be sure to test this hypothesis the next time I find a pot to see if items get ruined inside of your pants after falling.

Fall damage has been dialed back. I haven't tested this out in stable yet, nor do I intend to, but I fell out of a deer stand in 0.57 Exp with no ill effects.

Still, it would be nice if a skillet in your pants / jacket would provide some protection from low velocity, hand gun rounds.

Magazine pouches take up 10 slots and hold 10...

Plate carrier pouches?

Thanks, I didn't realize that this had already changed.

So, after a couple of hours playing the new .57 version this afternoon/evening my thirst meter apparently stopped working. I was at a well drinking full PET bottles, refilling, drinking like 6-7 times and my thirst never changed. I forget exactly where my thirst level was but I was thirsty, probably in the red. I got tired of drinking and headed off. Logged out and back in a short while later and immediately threw up (from being overstuffed with water?). My health meters seemed to start working, everything went to green energized and hydrated and then an hour or so later it happened again, and no matter how much I drank I was still dying of thirst. I didn't realize how bad it was until I actually fell unconscious.

Is this happening to anyone else? Am I pretty much done for on this iteration? Do you ever regain consciousness without outside intervention?

Merged.

Please check with the Bug Tracker.

used a chemlight.  put it away with the hotkey I'd assigned.  went to use it again later.  gone from inventory.  same kind of shit that made me stop playing the experimental.

can't believe the inventory changes made it to stable.  I'm disappointed.  a game I used to like a lot, now I just don't want to bother with.

Did not have this problem.

Report to the Bug Tracker.

What have they done to small protective cases? I found one to be disappointed to find it takes up 6 slots instead of its usual 4 :-(. And has any one found a crash site?

What have they done to small protective cases? I found one to be disappointed to find it takes up 6 slots instead of its usual 4 :-(. And has any one found a crash site?

Makes sense that the inside is not larger any more than the outside ... from that perspective it should stay that way.

Don't like it though, finding those and having the disadvantage of an additional level in the inventory management should have a gameplay perk imo, the two slots were that. Well, there is the protection part, but who really wants or needs them because of that? And how much does it really help? One could argue that using containers like cases, med kits, ... let's you store more by better organisation ... not in terms of real volume obviously.

well. I got my smersh back in less than 1hr gametime. Found it before the childs backpack to be exact. Somehow i thought it's gonna be harder this time around.

Broke my legs in ATC again , but luckily i found morphine before that. Found the new autumn hunter set... seconds after i found m65 jacket. f***

Found some bugged ammo i couldnt pick up (11sks rounds) so i emptied my gun and dragged the ammo onto it ~character successfully loaded the gun.

the 1 remaining bullet stayed bugged on the ground.

Already hoarding up the burlap sacks, i should go pick up those nettings asap. Didnt see a single can of spraypaint yet tho.

Also unlucky with hunter scopes but i'll live.

Cant wait to create another private archer aswell.

Met plenty of people and all! were friendly. However, Im pretty sure it's because i was walking behind their backs with my (at the time empty) gun wielded and/or they didnt have the ammo for their own. Nevertheless it was nice to encounter so many survivors just by going cherno-chappa-balota, and survive.

Btw, does anyone have problems with VOIP? None of the survivors talked, and none of them replied after i greet them. The fact i didnt scare the guy in the shed as i approached him  from behind saying "bu" makes me think so.

Anyway, gonna be fun this patch :)

I actualy think it does help a little. I had moments where Brian(teddy) would get ruined but the morphine inside it only got damaged (shotgun in my back )

But, I also know for a fact that stacking 4 balistic helmets in your vest wont offer you any additional protection. you will drop dead in the same amount of bullets.

Edited by halp

The master issues on server side!

Here the facts:

Our privat servers: 109.70.149.35:2310 / 109.70.149.44:2320 / 81.19.216.171:2300

No one of these server restarts after 4 hours, BEC is still running!

All servers has NO, I repeat, ABSOLUTLY NO loot on it!

If persistance is on or off ........ no one knows it ....... sometimes items stay after a manual restart, sometimes dont!

Maybe the patch work on public hive ......... on privates not!

I'm playing on a private hive and it works fine. the =SaS= server to be precise.

I've been able to find animals, but has anyone found a barrel yet? And if so, where?

So long I have waited to test the barrel...

• Like 1

I had a really nice run yesterday evening. Was so hyped for this patch to hit the stable and was definitely worth the wait. Did had some moments where I filled my underwear, though.

Spawned at Cap Golova and went towards Elektro. Found some guns and ammo but they didn't match unfortunately. When searching Elektro I already heard a gunshot (was approximately 15 minutes in). It appears it wasn't ment for me but it did startle me because I didn't expect the gunshot. Quickly got out of Elektro because I couldn't defend myself.

Went to Pusta and looted 3 to 4 houses and went directly towards Mogrilevka. This is the place where the shit is going down when a wipe has been done. When I was busy eating some chips, I saw two players (luckily for me I went prone). Because they were with two I had no choice and to take action. Yep, shot one right in the head with my nice Winchester 70 Model with hunting scope. Just missed the other (took him a while to notice there was a gunfight :D).

He took off and aimed at him but shot an object, lucky for him. I flanked a bit and went up to some higher ground in the red house on the hill and watched the area of the body. Then I really filled my panties up. As I just wanted to check my blind side I noticed some dude spawned right next to me in the house. I'm certain he spawned there because I closed the doors and would notice for sure if someone came in. In a quick reation I took him out.

My guess was that it was the other guy who had logged off and got there on another server to also check the body if I would loot it. Then went to Vyshnoye and finally Pogorevka and decided to go to the tower with the guard house and jailhouse near it. Found some nice gear up there and when I was about to leave there were coming three players up the gate. I noticed before that 3 persons from a clan came in the server so it must have been them. Luckily for me they were friendly, at least they gave that impression.

I didn't take any chances so I got out of there as quick as I could.

So that was my experience and had a lot of fun, gonna continue my journey later on today. :)

OK, I spawned in Cherno, looted Cherno, Chapavesk, Balota (city and airstrip), Komarovo and Alcatraz. Now I'm going to bed, but first quick info about bugs in 0.57:

- loot is broken: not enaugh: food (found 1 rice and 1 can of beans), ammo (found 1 sks pack and 1 5.45 pack), weapons (1 izh18, 1 axe, 2 knifes), backpacks (1 red school backpack), too much: clotes (found like 30 ttsko jackets, 30 ttsko pants, 10 assault vest and hi-cap vests in one room on alcatraz, 10 vests in camo building, etc.), mags for mp5, pistols, m4 attachments

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458818530

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458816257

- characters status is not updating (you need to relog)

- some random missing file errors

- if you have vest or other "container" in your inventory (in backpack/pants/jacket) items will be placed there (yup, you can put items into items into items again)

- if you press LMB on item on ground fast sometimes it will "jump in and out" your backpack.

- your clotes and items you are wearing no longer stay in fixed order (maybe not bug?), if you picked up pants first then they will be higher than jacket in your inv screen

- if you have anything in hands (tested with izh, axe and can) you can't jump (can't use v)

- items are still not assigned to building (you can find camo clothes in restaurant, but long barracks and civilian barracks are empty)

- 1 zombie sounds like 5+ zombies (I was chased by 3 zombies and it sounded like small army of zeds)

- items in vicinity are indestructable (I think you could destroy them in exp)

However: I have much better fps (always 30+, even in cherno)

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my primary language and it's pretty late.

Really, not enough food? Please get me some rope you guys, I want to hang myself now.

If anything there is too much loot. I have found so much food that I'm almost stuffed all the time.

And I'm the kind of guy who leaves the shitty food like bacon and spaghetti. I only eat beans, peaches or dry food because those are the best to go with.

Spawned at gas station near elektro, found lots of stuff incl 1911 + mag in same house, met new spawn at well, gave him rice, got killed by his geared mate, re-spawned at the same point, they were waiting for me, got shot again, spawned at solnichniy, almost got killed by a zed, almost starved, ate blue berries, got sick, ate raw rabbit, drank lots of well water, still sick, passed out (due to sickness?!), was unconscious for half an hour, logged out, logged in, news pawn... great patch, very very smooth gameplay! fuck kosers!

ps. finding stones is a pain... makes no sense, stones are everywhere!

I think they nerfed the stone searching, but this doesn't make sense to me. I rather have an option which makes you fail to make a stone knife than searching 20 times for 1 small stone.

I would be pissing myself if they had gone with the scarce loot build we had in some of the experimental patches... Now everyone gonna bitch about how shite the Devs are because the CLE does not 'work'.. I can't wait to roll about with an SDV in this patch.. Soon they will be so rare you won't hardly see them. Backpacks too, enjoy them while you can ;)

I seriously hope they are going to make loot scarcer. As someone already mentioned, I think this is a quick work-around while fixing the CLE and respawning of items. Once the CLE is working and server and regional control is in they will make loot scarcer for the public hive, bit by bit.

There are zombies. At least in Cherno and Berenzino.

Ok, i figured out why one suddenly can't use items. Certain actions make your hands glitch into holding an object that doesn't exist. Like just now.. I was taking a screenshot, missed and hit f11. That made me hold an invicible gun. This also happens if you chop trees with your hands. Must relog to fix. Edit: (after relogging i had a mosin in my hands i think i tried to pick up 30 min before) Glitched invicible gun is real.

Suddenly after restart, my statusbar is back again and works as normal. Why it suddenly goes away sometimes i don't know.

Servers are struggling after some uptime so probably some memoryleak. And that new schoolbuilding is a real fps-killer.. Drop down from 40 to 5 fps entering the hallways.

That pond north of berenzino in the summercamp is a deathtrap.. Its like the Sims and the swimmingpool where you remove the ladder. Spent 25 min to get out of there. Think i glitched my way up the stairs somehow. Lucky.

You lucky bastard, so far I found two Mosin's on Experimental which both dissapeared into thin air and never got back to me.

Any signs of automobiles?

Found a V3S Pogorevka, didn't take it because it is literally a "Hello, here I am bandits". I rather go on foot for now.

There was a ten-round magazine for the sporter in .53. It was the same one that comes standard with the Ruger 10-22. Haven't seen one of those in ages. If it is the other kind, I'd be interested; as I just found an Amphibia.

I did find a 10 round .22 mag (for the Sporter), didn't take it though because Winchester 70 Model > Sporter :)

i found a sporter mag, dropped it after finding a mosin.

which i dropped for the SKS for the first time

I found the mag in one of the jeeps at cherno docks.

RIP LRS+MOSIN

As for the loot,i think it's meant there's so much loot the first day.. it makes sense since noone took anything..

With CLE, i don't think server will keep respawning 10 vests after they will be picked up and the loot will become more scarce

especialy around the coast.

Edited by halp

And I'm the kind of guy who leaves the shitty food like bacon and spaghetti. I only eat beans, peaches or dry food because those are the best to go with.

I eat everything but the peaches and beans; save those for later.  Only a true douchebag would kill you after you let them eat your peaches in front of you.  (There's a lot of douchebags out there) <_< 

I did find a 10 round .22 mag (for the Sporter), didn't take it though because Winchester 70 Model > Sporter :)

GTK that they're back in.

Anyone tried the gas lamp?

Does not seem to cast any light.. at least that was it seemed like.  It glowed but shed no light.  It was a worn gas lamp.. so should have been fine.

Shame as I had it all for my midnight cook-up.. had to have it in the dark and shoot the odd flare instead!  Yummy pig steaks :)

i found a sporter mag, dropped it after finding a mosin.

which i dropped for the SKS for the first time

I found the mag in one of the jeeps at cherno docks.

RIP LRS+MOSIN

As for the loot,i think it's meant there's so much loot the first day.. it makes sense since noone took anything..

With CLE, i don't think server will keep respawning 10 vests after they will be picked up and the loot will become more scarce

especialy around the coast.

Got Mosin+prizzy PU scope, and a prizzy hunting scope waiting for 70, sawn-off for me, and another un-sawn for friend. All colleted by another, magnanimous, East Coast freind.  Found myself a CR75 naked, FNX mag, AK 74 mag, and a Amphibia that I had to let go.

Anyone tried the gas lamp?

Does not seem to cast any light.. at least that was it seemed like.  It glowed but shed no light.  It was a worn gas lamp.. so should have been fine.

Shame as I had it all for my midnight cook-up.. had to have it in the dark and shoot the odd flare instead!  Yummy pig steaks :)

Did you ehm... attach a gas cannister to it? :D

Did you ehm... attach a gas cannister to it? :D

lol yeah.. and it was using gas.  ;/

i geared myself pretty good yesterday then runned to the NWAF to hunt some chopper crash campers. SURPRISE, no more statics choppers at the NWAF. does this mean they are spawning randomly again ? i've yet to see one

FYI, tactical bacon got a buff, its more nutritious now and the peaches got nerfed and are on pair with canned spaghetti.

does this mean they are spawning randomly again ? i've yet to see one

I surely hope so!

Edited by halp