Sign in to follow this  
IgnobleBasterd

Can someone confirm zombies are gone ATM?

Some youtube guy said that zombies were temporary removed in 0.57 because of performance reasons. Can someone confirm this?

They were removed in some iterations of 0.57 Experimental. On the build I was playing yesterday, they were in.

If you are referring to the upcoming stable build, I'd suggest you read the official status reports. Mr. Hicks was talking about removing zombies in stable 0.57 in last weeks report.

From my understanding I think they were not removed because of performance reasons but more likely to find out what else stresses Servers/Clients and to iron out other issues. If you remove a big part like zombies or CLE, you can determine much easier where problems resulting from. This is just my guess though...

Cheers, Simon

• Like 2

No.

No, they weren't removed?  Or no, you can't confirm?

57.128035 had zeds last night, so does the 57.128120 build I was just on.  Seems like it runs a little smoother every day.

No = can't confirm.

Shot 3 last night but that was on Exp, which has received an update since.

The only official word we have is from the May 27th Status Report:

As these systems are actively being worked on by the gameplay programming team - the stable branch update will have the spawning of infected, and the persistence disabled on stable branch servers. This is only a temporary measure while these two issues continue to be worked on, and we'll see both base building, and infected return with a vengeance as soon as possible.

- Brian Hicks / Lead Producer

(emphasis mine)

My two cents? I bet we'll see one or the other stay turned "on." Performance in the latest builds of 0.57 is more than acceptable, in my opinion, with both persistence on and infected spawning.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Zeds are in and are much more angry than they ever were.

I saw Zeds at Stary Sobor, Lopatino, and next to Novaya Petrovka

I also saw a few yesterday at MacDonald's, but those might have just been employees.

• Like 3

Zeds are in and are much more angry than they ever were.

Angry? No they're livid!

(internet hug for any who get that obscure reference. no google!)

L

• Like 1

Some youtube guy said that zombies were temporary removed in 0.57 because of performance reasons. Can someone confirm this?

Just played on Exp. an hour or so ago plenty of zeds in zeleno - still warpy but there nonetheless 

Very loud zeds on experimental. Seems like a gaggle of them are chasing you but it just ends up being one really mouthy zed instead.

zeds seem to be in but not respawning, so once an area is clear they are gone. Same with animals.

Angry? No they're livid!

L

Posts obscure pop-culture reference on internet forums, asks readers not to google...  Priceless.

Angry? No they're livid!

L

I googled it, what cha'  gonna do now?

so, is the thing with loot explosions being looked into? i really love persistence, but yesterday i saw the prime example of why it is flawed:

on the cherno dock, in the small weapon house and the small tool houses, it looked like a mad man collected tons of useless stuff and crammed it into the shelves by throwing them from the other side of the room

in cherno itself, there was not a single loot location spawned, i shit you not, i checked 90% of them at least

zombies are a minor part of the game as it is right now anyway, while loot is very important

Posts obscure pop-culture reference on internet forums, asks readers not to google...  Priceless.

I googled it, what cha'  gonna do now?

I want to see if anyone is as aged as me, not you young whelps.

On your way.

L

Very loud zeds on experimental. Seems like a gaggle of them are chasing you but it just ends up being one really mouthy zed instead.

Glad they got rid of the silent zeds. Such a pain in the ass lol