FlimFlamm

How would you feel if 1st person perspective was mandatory?

3PP vs 1PP  

328 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if 3pp was removed and 1pp was mandatory?

• I would feel neutral about it
    • I would feel concerned about it
    • I would feel utterly disgusted by it
    • I would feel OK about it
    • I would absolutely love it

This is mostly just curiosity as I'm pretty damn sure the devs aren't going to try and remove 3pp as an option, there's evidence against such a thing, but I'm curious to see how people feel about 1pp vs 3pp so this poll question is a good way to try and chart the demographics!

Personally I enjoy 1pp much more than 3pp. After playing in some 1pp servers 3pp feels odd and uncomfortable. 3pp is much more convenient at times, it increases your view distance by giving you a higher vantage point, you can look around corners and see on top of objects like wardrobes. 1pp is more of a challenge because of this. My two cents.

• Like 4

I would also laugh as I watched the outrage. I primarily play on 3PP, but I would still play and simply adjust if it was taken away. In the end 1PP is the perfect camera perspective for this type of game. 3PP seems to go against what I originally thought this game was setting out to be...an unforgiving and brutal survival anti-game. Even if 1PP was the original vision, I don't see BIS having the brass to take away 3PP at this point.

Edited by 8bit_Survivor
  • Like 3

It wouldn't affect me so on a personal level, I would feel neutral about it. From a design standpoint, the 3PP camera just needs a rework (which is already happening/happened). It doesn't need to go away completely. 

• Like 1

I would expect maximum rage, but you never know, more people might be open to the idea than we think.

I play sometimes on 3pp servers only because there is more population. Which made me wonder how many other people do the same.

• Like 1

I actually think people would eventually come around and discover that they like 1PP. 

Maybe there wouldn't be as many rage quits as we think?

• Like 5

I would just accept it. We already have access to 1PP, although the population is still mainly on 3PP servers. 

As much as I love the immersion that 1PP provides, it's not a shared feeling for everyone. For various reasons obviously, but still, to each his own...

I like 1PP. I don't like 3PP in a multiplayer game with a certain level of competitiveness between players which allows players to exploits some features to gain certain advantages.

We're not talking about a game like GTA 5 for example, that now has 1st person perspective for PC and modern consoles. With it's multiplayer, we can have the same type of interactions where a player in online mode, in 1st person perspective not seeing another player around the corner and getting killed by him. The consequences are very different. Pressing a button to respawn faster, or waiting for a timer to respawn with only the clothes on yourself and a flashlight, on the shoreline.

That's the only thing that really bothers me, but we have 1PP servers for that so I'm ok.

In the end, I think that even if DayZ would become 3rd person only, I would still continue playing it anyway, as I really enjoy this game.

• Like 4

I actually think people would eventually come around and discover that they like 1PP. 

I think so too, but I know some one who wouldn't really be able to make the switch. He can't really play in 1PP, as after a certain period of time he starts having headaches. It's not the first time I hear about something like that. I know of someone that don't like playing FPS type games as it makes him dizzy, although he can watch someone else play...

Anyway, they are a minority for sure, but I think there would be similar cases, that would end up quitting playing DayZ for those reasons.

I have heard this in regards to some people getting dizzy, nauseous etc.

I feel sorry for them in the future when the Oc Rift, etc is used more and more in games.

• Like 2

I don't really care. Many other games are 1pp only.

• Like 1

I would hate it. 1PP mode in DayZ SA is the worst implementation I have seen in a while due to 1) FoV problems (high fov = shitty view distance, low fov = instance sickness), 2) poor client performance (causing motion sickness for me, personally) and 3) the unfluid movements of the character controller/entity (feels like driving a fucking tank).

After 1PP mode is fixed more people will start playing it.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 3

I would just crawl in a corner and cry and cry and cry and cry  and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry and cry

• Like 1

When people start finding out that first person firefights are interesting when compared to the third person stalemates where two people are watching the other from safely behind cover waiting for the other to move.

I dont think that community approval is needed on this topic. The devs should just implement it and in time people will simply get used to it. Just like they got used to all the other realistic aspects of the game that were introduced along the way. 

• Like 2

There's 2 server options for a reason. I hate 1st person. I get headaches from it on this game.

3pp all the way.

• Like 2

I would feel neutral about it, if(!) I get my motion sickness under control.

I don't suffer from it in all 1st person games.

No idea why some games make me sick (like Half Life 2 and lately DayZ) and other games don't (like Crysis games, Far Cry, DayZ at the beginning and many many more).

I do hope that Oculus Rift won't make me sick. ^^

I wouldn't be jumping for joy over it, but I've got bad ankles so I don't do much jumping...

I prefer to play in first person mode, it's more immersive IMO, but I do like to occasionally like to go into third and look at myself/gear.  I wouldn't be in the crowd throwing bricks if 3rd went away.

You mean quit. Players quit the game. 7 Days to Die has more players currently... If this was the plan then it is totally working.

That is an interesting statistic, I've never seen that. However, players are leaving because development is taking a long time and basic things like performance and functional issues are not being fixed. Not because of the new gameplay mechanics. Anyhow, are we striving for a much realistic game here, or a half-a$$ed game like H1z1?

• Like 2

I have heard this in regards to some people getting dizzy, nauseous etc.

I feel sorry for them in the future when the Oc Rift, etc is used more and more in games.

I get that too when i join a cool Private server only to relize it's a 1pp server only.. I get it from shaking my head and wondering WHY..... anyone in there right mind would.

• Like 1

I don't really care. Many other games are 1pp only.

Yea GOD speed with your Dying Light...I need aspirin.

However, players are leaving because development is taking a long time and basic things like performance and functional issues are not being fixed. Not because of the new gameplay mechanics.

I don't think players are quitting because hunting, farming and fishing were added. I think people quit because they can't find food, a gun and bullets. The game has always been a clunky-ass desync-fest and yet it was still fun.

Humans love extrinsic motivation. This is why most games have points and achievements for everything. This is why 99% of games have win conditions.

DayZ SA has no progression. No win conditions. No achievementa. No leaderboard. The only extrinsic motivator in this game is loot. This game is, literally, men playing dress-up and sometimes murdering each other. If you take away the loot what is left?

Farming is not fun.

• Like 3

I don't think players are quitting because hunting, farming and fishing were added. I think people quit because they can't find food, a gun and bullets. The game has always been a clunky-ass desync-fest and yet it was still fun.

Humans love extrinsic motivation. This is why most games have points and achievements for everything. This is why 99% of games have win conditions.

DayZ SA has no progression. No win conditions. No achievementa. No leaderboard. The only extrinsic motivator in this game is loot. This game is, literally, men playing dress-up and sometimes murdering each other. If you take away the loot what is left?

Farming is not fun.

Not just men Script B)

• Like 2

You mean quit. Players quit the game. 7 Days to Die has more players currently... If this was the plan then it is totally working.

This is terrible and wrong

You are saying everyone quit but you are blatantly using statistics to misrepresent the truth.

The only reason why DayZ has fewer players right now is because of maintenance. Switch to a 1 month basis and you will see the truth.