boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Found an SVD mag at a crash site. Just need an SVD to test out now...  :rolleyes:

4t3cqh.jpg

• Like 2

Anybody seen any sign of rain?

Also, I noticed you can make a "tripwire" with metal wire now in addition to snare trap. Sadly I needed food more than science at the moment so didn't try but I'm curious if anyone has tried the tripwire.

I noticed that as well, tried to make it and assumed it took up same space as rabbit snare. Assumed wrong, it disappeared. And no sign of rain sadly, hopefully they add in more of the fog I saw once in .55.

Side note. Anyone been by towns that are sure to be picked clean with some frequency and been able to see any item respawn?

Found an SVD mag at a crash site. Just need an SVD to test out now...  :rolleyes:

4t3cqh.jpg

I wish I could've found one of those a couple of days ago when I had an svd. I wanted to test it out so badly but couldn't find a clip to save my life!

• Like 1

Please not. Weapon overflow will only lead (understandably so) to even more KOS, since everyone has gear and - even after the return of zeds - will have little use for it. This is only asking for shoot-shoot-shoot deathmatch.

To be clear, i want these in place of MP5 and RAK.

So I grew a bunch of peppers and I realized that by cooking them down I would probably reduce both their hydration content (which I didn't need) but also their stomach volume. I was able to much down 12 of them cooked and only barely get stuffed. :D

• Like 2

4t3cqh.jpg

Mags are usually the hard part. It's all down hill for you, now!  :)

• Like 1

Getting a lot of rubberbanding on uk 1pp. Too much to play.

Have been playing on those the whole night and i haven't noticed any rubberbanding at all. I have only been walking/jogging tho.

Have the dev's talked about changing up how and when the servers become dark? At the moment it seems to become dark at a certain time but irl thats not the case. 

Well saw today that loot did come up, but never respawned after restarts, so ended up with no loot along the coast after 2nd restart.

Was running arround checking here and there, found Clothes without an end, like they all Womencupboards ;), however...there was no food, weapons etc.

The Milicamps had only civi loot and nothing really speacial there, and for sure no Zeds at all, kinda boring, but gave a good chance to have a nice look arround.

All in all it was a really nice performance and i like the changes done on the Map, but this loot issue s*cks b*lls. :(

whow, that's some serious scoping... where did you find it?

The scope was in a deer stand. I haven't found them anywhere else so far.

Didn't crash once on lower pop servers (low pop because it's night.)

It's amazing how well the hotbar works now as someone mentioned earlier though it's take some getting used to after the built up trust issues we've had with it.

If that's audible to other players, it's basically a log in bell.

:facepalm:

Sheesh.

There was a long discussin in an extra thread when they removed the reload sound when logging in. I love it. I got shot several times with ppl logging in behind me in cleared buildings. Mostly military buildings and probably therefore hoppers. I never got shot when logging out myself iirc. Of course there are disconnects and other problems, but not getting shot in the back by a hopper is nice.

Shot a guy with a sawed off shotty in Kamenka. Heard some shots, waited, went to a somewhat hidden bush and there comes the dude. I followed him to the house he went into and then dayz happened.

• First I fired 2 shots from point blank into him when he ran outside
  • then my shotty started automatically reloading
  • All the while he crawled outside and pushed my character into the house.
  • At that point I saw that he had no gun, but any bad feelings had already vanished when he called me a son of a bitch. (this is not relevant concerning the glitchiness, just emphasised on his survival strategy at that point. The other part of that strategy was outcrawling me with his broken legs.)
  • Pulling the trigger showed that the reload animation was just a fake
  • I then reloaded by hand, it showed the gun as loaded with 0 bullets, like the shells were still attached, but with the count of 0.
  • I executed him, still had one shell in the gun and the reloading sound came again, but not the animation.

He had nothing, I ran away. But the shotgun quirks kept coming:

• I ejected the single shell and reloaded again which gave me 2 reload animations (as it should) but 4 reload sounds.
  • Then I had two additional stacks of shotty shells in my inventory, with the count of 0 and 1 respectively from the reloads. I could not drop them, move them, combine them or do anything else.
  • After relogging the stack with 0 shells was gone and the one with 1 shell could be combined.

Like some other things I mentioned in my earlier post, the inventory has real trouble managing both manual changes done with the inventory and game changes like in this case the ejected shell or the hotbar earlier.

Moral of the story, if you get gunned down but survive, have no weapon and try to outcrawl the assailant who is 2 meters behind you reloading his weapon, it will not prolong your life to insult the other player's mother ... or the player ... or his pet, really. Btw it was -MOFOS-TilYDeaN, the name excuses any kos anyway :).

Edited by bautschi

^Devilskills - Loot does not respawn at server restarts.

Started a 3PP character to see how real the struggle was.

Decided to jump into a 48/50 server in my region.

Performance was WAY better than I expected.

Very little lag opening doors or actioning anything really, especially in comparison to past builds.

Granted, no zombies/persistence but still a large improvement regardless, I think.

Spawned near Electro and in the 2nd shed I checked I found a rope, a sack, a helmet, and a sickle.

Courier bag, head protection, melee weapon. Not bad.

Found a kitchen knife and the most common ammos (.380 and .22) and a cattle prod.

Killed a chicken with the sickle and upon skinning it my knife disappeared.

Later I found I had 2 slots I couldn't fill and realized that I probably still had my knife but it was now "invisible".

Logging out and back in again made the knife show back in those slots and is usable again.

Only found 1 can of Kvass, 1 pouch of milk, and no canned food.

Carrying chicken meat in hopes of finding matches.

These should rot if not cooked in time, I guess.

I kind of enjoy this challenge in comparison to my 1PP character where I spawned to untouched fresh loot everywhere.

Full server but hadn't seen anyone on my trek northwards yet.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

The scope was in a deer stand. I haven't found them anywhere else so far.

Might i ask what settings you run in dayz, looks amazing from your screenshots! If it's not to much trouble maybe you could upload some screenshots of your settings?

I noticed some map changes here and there in the northern part of the map which were pretty interesting, this area is just getting better and better.

First aid kits are spawning again! I kept mine with two bandages, two purification stacks and some disinfectant spray which I used for the first time on some pepper plants, not a spoiled one among them. :)

I prepared a couple fish with a damaged hunting knife and only ended up around 35% fillets. This was pretty disappointing and seems lower than what I may have had previously. There's still actually no rational reason I've been able to discern to not just use an improv knife all the time. Just for the sake of style though I traded it for the hunting knife, hopefully I can find one in better shape.

I haven't seen loads of backpacks which is pretty cool. I was rocking a child's briefcase until I happened upon a mountain backpack at a broken down truck. I normally skip the mountain backpack but I have a bear trap and landmine that I just didn't want to ditch. I haven't seen any rope or burlap sacks yet, oddly.

I found CR527 + mag for it close to each other and kept them until I found an Izh-18. Emptied the mag and now I'm running around with that. Like the hunting knife, for style. :D I've found lots of various ammo types except for 7.62x39 which so far I've only found in the CR527 mag.

I also noticed the Kamensk mining facility is back, so that was nice to see. :)

Oh and I cooked my fish on a camping stove with a large gas canister. So far even after cooking the fillets it's still at 100% capacity. Medium propane tanks I used earlier exhausted themselves. So I'm still not sure if it's just crazy capacity in the large one or if it's in practice infinite...  Checked again and it's at 81%, so disregard.

Edited by Ebrim

Oh yeah....

On this high pop server.....

No constant eating, drinking, or stacking sounds!!

• Like 3

Oh yeah....

i noticed that to, so freakin awesome! Now i get scared when i hear those sounds. 

• Like 2

Oh yeah....

i noticed that to, so freakin awesome! Now i get scared when i hear those sounds. 

I heard stacking sounds when I was alone in the middle of nowhere, but not many ... server was close and full. Not many, but a few, don't remember hearing can opening sounds.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 2

I heard stacking sounds when I was alone in the middle of nowhere, but not many ... server was close and full.

Damn.

Possibly just taking longer to express that bug maybe...

Damn.

Possibly just taking longer to express that bug maybe...

It's possible there might've been someone in the vicinity but he just didn't see them and they didn't see him.

It's possible there might've been someone in the vicinity but he just didn't see them and they didn't see him.

Yes, but I doubt it. Also iirc they wanted to not put more work in the old sound system and fix it in the new one. Read nothing about them putting the new system in, I'm pretty sure they would have communicated that.

I was just in a clothesploded single room log cabin and there was a Khaki M65 Jacket that I wanted buried under a tent and maybe 6 other jackets.

I double clicked the first raincoat on top which went to my inventory.

I then spam double clicked the rest until I got the jacket I wanted.

I continued to spam thinking I must be out of room but the clothes kept getting swept up.

When I checked the raincoat showing in my inventory there were only 3 clothing articles in it, the rest had seemingly despawned.

I know for a fact there was an olive M65 that is now gone and was only double clicked in my vicinity.

Edited by BioHaze

I hope they seriously tone down the M65 jackets as CLE moves on, they are everywhere. :(

I was just in a clothesploded single room log cabin and there was a Khaki M65 Jacket that I wanted buried under a tent and maybe 6 other jackets.

I double clicked the first raincoat on top which went to my inventory.

I then spam double clicked the rest until I got the jacket I wanted.

I continued to spam thinking I must be out of room but the clothes kept getting swept up.

When I checked the raincoat showing in my inventory there were only 3 clothing articles in it, the rest had seemingly despawned.

I know for a fact there was an olive M65 that is now gone and was only double clicked in my vicinity.

I have a spare olive one loaded with food if you'd like

I have a spare olive one loaded with food if you'd like

I can take the food of off you, haha  :D .