boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

so, is it just me or are there no servers for 0.57.128035?

the only server i found yesterday was a "Villayer test server" but it had a password

i am in europe if that helps figuring out whats wrong

all experimental are online, try to connect per IP

UK 1pp 109.169.60.28:2602

UK 3pp 109.169.60.24:2502

seriously annoyed with experimental. Since .57 has come out i have repeatedly died on spawning in after a restart. Somewhat geared, server restarts, nowhere near where zombies spawn. Log in after a restart to get the 69 second wait, please wait...............you are dead. Im sick of this bullshit. Seriously needs to be a spawn godmode when logging in. I dont even see a screen of my character, just straight to you are dead.

Happens on 1PP and 3PP EXP servers? But in any case, thats EXP for you, no guarantee whatsoever :/

seriously annoyed with experimental. Since .57 has come out i have repeatedly died on spawning in after a restart. Somewhat geared, server restarts, nowhere near where zombies spawn. Log in after a restart to get the 69 second wait, please wait...............you are dead. Im sick of this bullshit. Seriously needs to be a spawn godmode when logging in. I dont even see a screen of my character, just straight to you are dead.

Then stop playing, all of your posts without exception are rants/flames & troll like.

Be gone..

• Like 9

I don't think it did, it worked in .56 for sure but the stones would disappear after reset.  Course I can't say for certain I was too busy starving or dehydrating in 5 minutes to test it and the one fire I did build I didn't bother with stones at all.

It only worked for me that very first night of 0.57 where there was literally no loot and we all had to live off apples.

Base building? Very interesting!!!

http://twitter.com/ctorchia/status/605618706723577856

I didn't take it that way, but I'm a bit of a pessimist sometimes. I took it to mean that these would be used to spruce up the map, not that we would be building them as players. Hope I'm wrong :)

What the fuck cant get any where without starving to death. I have that shity 2 min to death shit.  That means some of the spawn locations you have no chance. And befor you say about apple picking spawned near a tree and died before I found an apple.

Edited by fing24

I didn't take it that way, but I'm a bit of a pessimist sometimes. I took it to mean that these would be used to spruce up the map, not that we would be building them as players. Hope I'm wrong :)

Its getting worse cant survive for more than 30 sec now.

I don't know what system you guys are running, but for me...setting the Texture Detail to Very High has zero impact on performance compared to Low.

3,5 years old laptop, i7-2670QM, GTX 570M. i had to tweak a lot of setting to have decent FPS, strongly reduced the view distance and rendering of object at distance. i'll try with better texture detail.

• Like 1

Thats enough of this shit I think I will wait till the next exp update. It seams the more you die the shorter your starting life span is I could not go past 30 sec before I was dieing.  What chance do you have?

Then stop playing, all of your posts without exception are rants/flames & troll like.

Be gone..

I, on the other hand, seem to have finally got it. Anyone else noticed how I have stopped most of my ranting? I think I finally understood 'early access alpha'

I UNDERSTAND!!!

• Like 1

What the fuck cant get any where without starving to death. I have that shity 2 min to death shit. That means some of the spawn locations you have no chance. And befor you say about apple picking spawned near a tree and died before I found an apple.

Quickly to your nearest pharmacy! Demand at the counter a "chill pill" take it quickly with a cool glass of water. Promptly after this switch servers until your 2 minute deaths are but a vague and distant memory. When you've regained your composure it would be ideal if you could bug report your experience taking note of what server you were on and when.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 4

Thats enough of this shit I think I will wait till the next exp update. It seams the more you die the shorter your starting life span is I could not go past 30 sec before I was dieing.  What chance do you have?

Same for you, stop playing or be gone.

• Like 3

I never had such problems maybe because i diden´t die who knows but they are working hard to fix that.

Just be patiend and wait for the next release or play stable version..

I made a new character today on 1pp made my way up to cherno and everything works fine.

The FPS are still a bit less then in 0.55 but i get 27 FPS in elektro it was 30-35 in 0.55 so there is not a big difference.

But it feels like i got some micro stutter sometimes even if i have 50-60 FPS realy strange.

Do you find yourself saying this?:

"I BOOTED UP MY GAME, WHICH I OPTED TO PLAY IN AN 'UNSTABLE' FORM AND IT IS NOT BEING PERFECT...."

In exchange for seeing a few new mechanics early, we are all putting ourselves in the line of wasted time, and honestly we're just warm bodies to test server load and report (using the appropriate means) bugs. We should be PROUD to do this, its a choice after all.

The devs definitely appreciate those of us tirelessly climbing on this incomplete jungle gym we call alpha stage: it gives them real time results for their efforts. We all paid for a game knowing full-well it's NOT FINISHED, nobody should feel like they are owed anything at this point.

You don't hire someone to make you a piece of art, and then have the gall to get upset with them when they invite you into their workshop to see the work in progress. And if they say it's going to take longer at times; have even more respect, they're the ones putting in overtime to make sure it is a quality work.

And I know it's you KoSing too, quit it!

• Like 2

It would be easier if they told a little more of what they are testing and what the results are. Then one can be more constructive in feedback.

It would be easier if they told a little more of what they are testing and what the results are. Then one can be more constructive in feedback.

Sometimes telling us would actually defeat the point. Occasionally, they need to validate whether or not something is a good idea, and if they told us what it was ahead of time then it may affect how we approach it or deal with its consequences. When I say "good idea," I'm not exclusively referring to concepts either; I'm also referring to things like server settings (i.e. weather), a new piece of code that hasn't been tested on a large scale yet, etc.

• Like 2

Agreed. Again... for the countless time I am saying it... The devs need to be a hell of a lot clearer on what variables are being tested and WHY they are being tested.

I hate this "Let's cram the rats into a box with X objects and see wtf they do" without any hints. THAT'S NOT WHAT ALPHA TESTING IS!

Tell us WTF you want tested, and why your variables are the way they are!

Also, keep an active finger on the knobs for the first couple days and adjust those variables based on feedback!

We will test, we will test to the death, over and over... But FFS communicate and WORK with us.

------------------------

This drives me crazy. I love this game but holy shit the dev process for it is the worst I've ever encountered. I've done countless alpha/beta testing, for games and professional software. I've been a dev and work as a sysadmin. Sorry to say it, but "DAYZ DEVS, THIS IS NOT HOW THE REAL DEV WORLD WORKS!"

I love this game, and sadly it's the only factor that brings me back here every now and then after I dump all hope. The process is so maddening I dump the game for months, only to come back and see the same BS.

GUYS! WORK WITH YOUR USERBASE/TESTERS ACTIVELY! Fuck I hate being a lab rat... and worse, I'm stupid enough to pay for it.

-------------------------

Sorry for the rant. I hate coming in here and ranting blindly... but it's soul-crushing to watch the piss poor management of this development, especially when it has such grand potential. The devs would get a lot better quality feedback if they would actively interact with their tester base. We aren't players, we aren't users, we are testers, but we aren't being treated as such. (Insultingly we are even paying to be testers lol).

I know it's also been discussed that you get more "objective" results when the testers don't know what the changes are... And that I don't believe is true in this case. If people are actively moving over to exp, they realize that it's to test variables that are stressed to some extreme. So please, work with these guys! There should be a pile of polls and surveys open for every release, and based on the initial feedback of the first day or two, those variables should get trimmed accordingly to reduce the issues... As they get trimmed out, the quality of the testing should also improve because you're eliminating the stuff that is otherwise distracting to the user and they can test other objects. (Example: You want us to test X gun, but made it near impossible to get... WTF is the point of the test? The gun or our patience?)

The devs aren't getting good data like this, and I'll be honest, I've never seen an alpha/beta software testing as bad as this.

You guys want quality data, work closely with your userbase, and communicate/REACT to that data quickly. (Weeks for variable tweaks is not an acceptable timeframe. Day or two max should be very possible.)

• Like 2

Just to clarify, I'm talking mostly about variable tweaks in short time frames and such. Not bug fixes or new objects etc.

I'm talking things that are adjusted by simple variable changes.

-Spawn rates

-Item quanitites

-Item quality and degradation timing variables.

-Location variables

-Timing variables

-Speed variables

-Distance variables

-Etc.

These are all things that can nearly be adjusted on the fly. At worst case host these somewhere centrally and have the servers pull them down on restart. Avoids having to "Re-Install" servers repeatedly.

"YOLO no zombies server" had more than a few zombies....

I found a box of 9mm, a box of .22, and 10 .357 rounds, with a pristine can opener stacked neatly on top of each other in a crows nest in Balota.

I stayed on the coast because YOLO I guess but still saw no player sign besides absence of loot.

Full server was slow to respond but hunger/thirst seemed equally slow.

If this server comes back, I hope I still have my pumpkin patch.

Edit:

We do sometimes get info on what conclusions testing brought about.

Removal of zombies is a recent example.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

I hate this "Let's cram the rats into a box with X objects and see wtf they do" without any hints. THAT'S NOT WHAT ALPHA TESTING IS!

The devs aren't getting good data like this

Sometimes telling us would actually defeat the point. Occasionally, they need to validate whether or not something is a good idea, and if they told us what it was ahead of time then it may affect how we approach it or deal with its consequences. When I say "good idea," I'm not exclusively referring to concepts either; I'm also referring to things like server settings (i.e. weather), a new piece of code that hasn't been tested on a large scale yet, etc.

Good morning  :D  I just wanted to start stumbling through Chernarus, still half asleep and was greeted by Steam telling me about another update.

Not too shabby, I wonder what changed this time - I'm kinda hoping they changed the starving rate or at least adjusted it.

I read that the servers are online, so let me try to get my shitty connection to work, and I'll see y'all in Chernarus :)

• Like 3

Found a blue VS3 in stary on Yolo server.  Had a nice drive to NWAF.  Met some guy, didn't exchange words.  He got in the truck I had found, so I jumped in the passenger seat.  Truck got all buggy and a bunch of zeds were screaming at me.  When I got out, I was ice skating all over the place.  So yea. Trucks still buggy.  >.>  From the structures I looted in Stary, Grishinko and nwaf, I noticed food there and many junk items.  So, it looked like respawing was active, as well as persistence.

After the YOLO server imploded for the 2nd time in 15mins I switched back to the 1PP server I was using last night.

All other servers are running accelerated time now it seems.

Server performance on the 1PP server had taken a significant dive and just about everything in the game was taking much longer than it should.

What I saw more resembled what I guess the higher pop 3PP people were seeing yesterday due to faster server side degradation of the build for them.

Severograd had supplied me with a nice amount of infected to shoot last night and I decided to do my little rambo routine again, this time using the hospital.

I started on the roof, trying to take them out as they ran towards their prey.

I thought they would climb the stairs to the base of my inside ladder but they did not.

Instead they seemed hung up on the door frame inside the hospital walking fairly slow as they tried to reach the stairs from the hallway as the western door was closed.

I picked a few off here with my FNX and scooted across to the Eastern corner room and hallway on the ground floor.

I killed 15-20 between here and the roof and even had 1 that took a headshot at point blank from the SKS and only staggered.

Then he was immune to bullets for another few rounds to the head (no blood shown though) and only after turning my gun on a couple others did my next bullet register.

ntShZm2.jpg

yGw2NI4.jpg

wX1wvqW.jpg

It's difficult to get a sense of the numbers seen in stills....

Reloading was a real problem and I took a couple hits as swapping mags lagged at one point.

Once things died down, I went back through the hallway and killed a straggler who was wandering towards the opposite hall.

Heading west I stopped by a concrete wall where I left my repeater in case ladders and such were a problem.

To my north, still rather close to the hospital really, I saw more infected and decided to find a spot further west to shoot them from.

I came to one of the buildings with the brown interior where you can only go upstairs and there is only the single room to the left (check atop the corner cabinet in these places for backpacks).

The rear window provided a nice view of a few infected below and I began to fire upon them.

To my delight I drew quite a few more infected than I anticipated and had enough time/distance to shoot all of the southbound infected with the repeater (which was good fun).

You could see the server lag in real time as they moonwalked and teleported but I did my best to make do.

Some infected had now crowded near the front door and I dropped my now dry repeater in favor of my better appointed RAK.

I carefully crept down the stairs and opened the double doors.

In somewhat orderly fashion, the infected filed in, allowing me to take some time and place my shots with confidence.

Now my first mag ran dry and I found myself caught unable to reload (unresponsive).

I backed myself off back into the upstairs room and reloaded just in time to kill the 2 infected that made their way up.

After munching some cereal then drinking a soda I slunk downstairs again, aware of a few quieter infected groans.

Opening the door I found only a couple more stragglers which I quickly dispatched and then slipped out the door heading west once more.

All told, if I had to guess, that's another 30-40 infected killed.

Due to the server response times I was experiencing, I may not play this patch again.

I could try a lower ping server but honestly, I was really liking the server I was on. :/

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Nice report, BioHaze, thank you :)

I agree, performance is killing me, combined with terrible ping and connection issues it is not very enjoyable right now. Spawned in Solnichny, made my way up the road to Dolina. I found 2 Cans of TacBac, then went into the woods and deployed my hare snare. Unfortunately I got kicked of the server. So I rejoined, ran back to where I had deployed the snare - and it was gone.

Well, Shit, I think. I did find a Shovel and was able to take out three Zeds altogether. They seem to be somewhat easier to kill, but still pack quite a punch. I was unable to dodge out of the way and my screen went grey.

Back on the road to Dolina I munched on apples. Then all of a sudden my character started turning on the spot, the mouse became completely useless, I tried to move and it started lagging like there was no tomorrow. It wouldn't let me get out of the house I was in, then I was able to take two more steps, all of a sudden I am looking skywards, turning in place and rotating like a electric drill.

I don't know what this issue is, it's like I am losing control over any movement and that really was the point where I said "Screw it, I'm outta here."

What happened? I don't know. Anyone else experiencing this weird issue?