boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

This month experimental has turned into, "A Christmas Carol".

Eugen said we would be visited by 3 ghosts (builds) before stable release next week.

We've been visited by one, "The build of infections past".

Soon, we'll be visited by the next 2 builds, each less ghastly than the last hopefully.

I just wonder what day the next visit is on....

Will we see another build tomorrow or are the next 2 for next week...?

If you believe Eugen's twitter feed should be a new release today (that'd be over night for us in North America).

Edited by Barnabus

I had just bad luck the last few hours. Personally, I like the coast but, as was said before, after a few hours there's just nada. So I headed inland. Nada as far as food goes. No Cargo pants anywhere but let's just say a press vest isn't really rare anymore. I counted six altogether, some even in a bus station.

But damn, that fox ain't nothing if not foxy! Momma likes!

I would love to see beavers who build dams and we can pick the dams apart for sticks and hunt the beavers and catch beaver fever ^^ Racoons as well would be cute, albeit feisty ^^

Welp, heading to bed, let's see if we wake up to a wipe tomorrow.

Night y'all :)

WOOT WOOT. Let's hope the deal with the current inventory buggyness!

yep... that would be sweet. would shorten my list of current major problems quiet a lot :D

1.) Loot doesn`t respawn. if it does - which i don`t believe - it isn`t distributed.

2.) Stuff in your hands gets deleted once you get into the V3S

3.) Stuff in your hands becomes invisible once you use ladders - relog to fix it

4.) Weapons can`t be reloaded  - at least neither SVD, SKS or Sporter - couldn`t find more cuz of 1.) - relog to fix reloading works... but kinda silly on single shot chambered guns...

5.) Inventory slots sometimes look empty but are filled - relog to fix it

6.) Seen few animals on first 0.57 day - but none since second day -> don`t they respawn aswell?

Just wondering, has anyone seen any boxed or loose .45 ACP?  I have been finding full mags of .45 for the FNX but no loose or boxed.  Curious if anyone else has seen any or if it's gone unicorn...

• Like 1

Just wondering, has anyone seen any boxed or loose .45 ACP?  I have been finding full mags of .45 for the FNX but no loose or boxed.  Curious if anyone else has seen any or if it's gone unicorn...

In every updata, devs forget to add items to loot list, every single udate!!

i sure hope they fixed the CTDs i'm having on 3pp servers every 10-15min

Nice

I wonder what the changes will be.

Do we know for sure if it comes along a wipe?

Edited by BrainlessZombie

In every updata, devs forget to add items to loot list, every single udate!!

I don't think they forget but I think it's just not a priority.

Ok lets see what we get from this. I understand we are testing things and exp is where we get the broken programing to play with or so it seems. But we do get the first look at new items (if you can find them).  There is one slight problem as far as I can see we don't really get find the new items and if you can't find them how can you test them? even in the alpha they are rare so they don't really get tested that well.

I get the feeling the infected are most probably going to be re introduced in exp which would be a bad thing with the current lack of loot in the game.  I have been in a lot of villages where I have found nothing, not even the junk that people are not interested in.  I would be well f****ed off if I had fought off infected to find nothing.  This would make me go back to alpha and that would be sad as that would be one less person testing exp.  And I bet I would not be the only one.  And if you don't have lots of people testing then your results/information is not quit good as it could be. I know they are trying things out, but balancing can come later make it a bit easy for the player at the moment so you can get some really good testing.  And yes my character is not doing to bad at the moment, but I would hate to think what it would be like with infected as it is hard to survive without them at the moment.  I most probably have most of my kit ruined and almost be dead if not have respawned quite a few times lol. 

Ok lets see what we get from this. I understand we are testing things and exp is where we get the broken programing to play with or so it seems. But we do get the first look at new items (if you can find them).  There is one slight problem as far as I can see we don't really get find the new items and if you can't find them how can you test them? even in the alpha they are rare so they don't really get tested that well.

I get the feeling the infected are most probably going to be re introduced in exp which would be a bad thing with the current lack of loot in the game.  I have been in a lot of villages where I have found nothing, not even the junk that people are not interested in.  I would be well f****ed off if I had fought off infected to find nothing.  This would make me go back to alpha and that would be sad as that would be one less person testing exp.  And I bet I would not be the only one.  And if you don't have lots of people testing then your results/information is not quit good as it could be. I know they are trying things out, but balancing can come later make it a bit easy for the player at the moment so you can get some really good testing.  And yes my character is not doing to bad at the moment, but I would hate to think what it would be like with infected as it is hard to survive without them at the moment.  I most probably have most of my kit ruined and almost be dead if not have respawned quite a few times lol. 

The current level of loot rarity is not a feature, it's a bug in loot respawning. The loot is meant to be rare, but not this rare. The team is working on it (If I remember right, Hicks said it in a recent tweet).

yes, a box at a NWAF crash too, seems that they are bound to crash now.

played a little this morning on 3PP, even stary yar is heavily looted. i still think that loot is respawning, of course only in very very few places. items don't despawn either. looking for a wipe today

Edited by Zboub le météor

Ok lets see what we get from this. I understand we are testing things and exp is where we get the broken programing to play with or so it seems. But we do get the first look at new items (if you can find them). There is one slight problem as far as I can see we don't really get find the new items and if you can't find them how can you test them? even in the alpha they are rare so they don't really get tested that well.

I get the feeling the infected are most probably going to be re introduced in exp which would be a bad thing with the current lack of loot in the game. I have been in a lot of villages where I have found nothing, not even the junk that people are not interested in. I would be well f****ed off if I had fought off infected to find nothing.

New items, I'm guessing you primarily mean guns, being "tested" is probably way down on the priority list of the devs and very high on the priority list of players. It's useful to find bugs like the current one affecting reloading but for the larger project that's a very small issue. I think what we're really here for is to give more data on big tech changes, stability issues, etc. You don't need the game to be on easy mode for that. And arguably with no rain and no zeds it's already on very easy mode.

The current level of loot rarity is not a feature, it's a bug in loot respawning. The loot is meant to be rare, but not this rare. The team is working on it (If I remember right, Hicks said it in a recent tweet).

Loot does respawn and I actually don't think items are too rare in overall number. The real problem right now, in my estimation, is loot-splosion behavior. If those items were spawning not all in the same building but more spread out across the map, there would be less of a feeling of scarcity. Edited by Ebrim

Loot does respawn and I actually don't think items are too rare in overall number. The real problem right now, in my estimation, is loot-splosion behavior. If those items were spawning not all in the same building but more spread out across the map, there would be less of a feeling of scarcity.

Yeah, I have seen loot respawn also. I just thought that perhaps it was spawning less after few days from the initial restart. But I guess you're right, most of the loot I find are grouped together lootsplosionlyish. <- Huh, I'm not a native english speaker, but even I should be getting some kind of an award for butchering up a word like that :D

Edited by Sister Ray
  • Like 2

i don't know if someone pointed it before, but taloon backpack now have 20 slots, i'm confident that they had 25 before. i'm not fan of that change, that was well balanced before... courrier backpack have 20 slots and low profile and very good camo colors, taloons backpack had 25 slots but were a little harder to find, higher profile and more brightly coloured. why take a taloon backpack now when you can have a more camo backpack by crafting a courrier backpack ?

• Like 2

Servers down, update incoming, looks like.

Edited by =WIDOWMAKER=

i don't know if someone pointed it before, but taloon backpack now have 20 slots, i'm confident that they had 25 before. i'm not fan of that change, that was well balanced before... courrier backpack have 20 slots and low profile and very good camo colors, taloons backpack had 25 slots but were a little harder to find, higher profile and more brightly coloured. why take a taloon backpack now when you can have a more camo backpack by crafting a courrier backpack ?

It was anounced when Tortilla backpacks were introduced. Tortilla is twice the size but had only 3 slots more.

I wonder what the weight difference is between taloon and improvised backpack. Taloon also has half the absorbency of improv, which may not matter much right now but when water starts damaging your stuff it could be important. Moving forward inventory slots will probably be just one attribute considered when comparing items. Also, the nice thing about taloon is that maybe that's just what you found, there isn't rope and burlap in every shed.

It was anounced when Tortilla backpacks were introduced. Tortilla is twice the size but had only 3 slots more.

that make a little bit more sense that way.

it could be :

- tortilla 30 slots

- drybag 28 slots

- hunting backpack 25 slots (definitely smaller than the tortilla)

- taloon/courrier 20 slots

the new upcoming backpack looks huge, it might be a 35 slots like the mountain backpack.

size of object and inventory size will alway be somewhat illogical anyway, knives takes two slots each, how may hunded steak knives can you put in a taloon backpack in real life ? you can put 20 in dayz ^^ ? same for pens etc...

Tortilla and drybag are also completely waterproof.

I wish leather backpack is bigger. Did anyone tried to die it in barrel?

size of object and inventory size will alway be somewhat illogical anyway, knives takes two slots each, how may hunded steak knives can you put in a taloon backpack in real life ? you can put 20 in dayz ^^ ? same for pens etc...

Its a game, it cant be 100% realistic.

I wish leather backpack is bigger. Did anyone tried to die it in barrel?

It can be dyed black, for sure. Another regular wiki contributor (TeriyakiAsthma) uploaded a picture a day or two ago of a bunch of leather items he had dyed black.

By the way Igor, since I know English isn't your first language, "dye" (with a "y") is the word for coloring something :) I await further criticism of my Russian translations  :lol: