Sign in to follow this  
PlasticAssasin8 (DayZ)

More than anything

Something that annoys me more than anything is that i can hear others loading, stocking, eating,drinking all over the place, not just right next to me, how the hell do you hear someone that is nowhere to be seen, fix it, please!!!!

Something that annoys me more than anything is that i can hear others loading, stocking, eating,drinking all over the place, not just right next to me, how the hell do you hear someone that is nowhere to be seen, fix it, please!!!!

I thought that was to add tension to the game.

It's been addressed that those "ghost noises" (eating, combining stackables, etc.) are caused by desync problems, bugs in the legacy audio engine, or both. There are a lot of other threads on this forum about these ambient sounds.

Either way, they are working on all the desync problems, and replacing/refactoring the audio engine, which should get rid of these types of noises.

Personally, I hope that they fix these problems, but add in other audio distractions. Especially if you are starting to go "crazy" from cannibalism, disease, or the longevity of survival. It would be cool to have similar sounds so that you are always on edge.

Edited by tux
  • Like 1

I thought that was to add tension to the game.

its just annoying to be honest especially when you are in the middle of nowhere and a can of beans is eaten,, oooh there a wabbit eating in its burrow.

Some of those noises (the gate closing in the distance, etc) are deliberately there to keep you on your toes. Others (the loading and eating sounds) are not.

The one thing I hope the devs don't change (and yes I know this is a very small thing) is the ambient birdsong. I'm a big fan of that for some reason.

It has something to do with the zombies and desync. In experimental all those ambient sounds are pretty much gone now.

I've had this happen to me as well but it only occurs on high pop servers. If i run on a low pop sever, I don't hear it.

It is very annoying.

IMHO snapping of twigs and alarmed fluttering of birds when there's nothing around is the worst part.  Slamming of doors is just plain annoying but at least i can rationalise that as lazy tent-reared russians leaving them open in their haste at being eaten alive...

As above, many issues are due to desync, there was anecdotal evidence before (maybe even hard sourced info) that some of the noises were due to being recycled as place-holders for animals, so rabbits etc in your area would emit those sounds, but now i think they have their own identities...

Just gotta put up with it i suppose, and compensate by putting ten rounds in everything that moves within earshot.

The noises you are talking about are an ancient bug and making this thread does nothing.

If you really cared you would have gone into the bug tracker and upvoted the ancient issue that's been mentioned a thousand times.

Hmmm, I think I'll start a thread about how boots clip through pants.

:facepalm:

Edit:

I fucking HATE "FIX IT" threads. They are one of the lowest forms of DayZ threads known.

If a bug bothers you enough either work around it or take a break.

P.S.: Entitlement is not endearing.

Edit 2, the return of the edt:

All the audio is placeholder, new people.

In fact I WANT ALL THE AUDIO CHANGED NOW.

I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO THE SAME FUCKING ENVIRONMENTAL LOOPS SINCE THE MOD. 3 FUCKING YEARS OF THAT SAME FUCKING BIRD AND THE SOUND OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE BEING KNOCKED INTO EVEN WHEN THERE ISN'T A FENCE AROUND!

FIX IT NOW!!!111@1

>:( >:( >:(

^I'm sure now that I, a single player among millions, have voiced this concern that they will side track development to fix what I think is the highest priority issue.

Yay!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

LOL..But a needed comment.  Some are too lazy to search, or just want to let off some steam.  Hope the devs don't allow any hollywood immersion breaking non sensical music/sound effects just for tension.  As soon as that happens all immersion is lost and you are suddenly playing an interactive movie, which is what a lot of games have become.  When that happens they might as well throw in the QTEs, button mashing events, and rip you out of the game every 5 min with a cutscene that suddenly becomes a bme and you wind up having to sit through the whole process again just to hit the button at the right time..........lame game design.  Farcry, Crysis, BF SP all became a joke because of it.  Even some instances in Arma they used that bad game design, which still keeps me from playing the campaign, and I stick with the CTI style mods.

Just don't play 7D2D where they still only have stereo sound and a lot of annoying meaningless sound effects that will make you turn off all ambient sounds just so you can play the game.

I wish the spooked bird sound meant something, that and when the birds go silent are awesome cues as to whether you are alone in the woods or not. Around here if they go silent and it's not from me that usually means one of them sees a martin (weasel type thing) or possibly a cougar actively hunting them. If they get all loud and angry sounding it's just an owl who will only strike if they're unaware.

The chainlink gate in the middle of nowhere is just plain stupid though.

• Like 2

Go post this in the Audio Developer's subforum where he doesn't post.

• Like 2

..//..

The chainlink gate in the middle of nowhere is just plain stupid though.

In the Mod the chainlink gate sound was always definitely associated with a zombie area. You never heard it out in the real woods - only when you came close to a village or a house.

It was a 100% definite sign that you were in range of structures or habitations. Because of random noises now in SA I'm not sure if this is still the same.

It would be very fine if bird alarm-sounds and breaking twigs indicated player proximity. Maybe just a 10% or 20% chance of hearing a breaking branch if another player entered your area. Steak and Potatoes (I think it was Steak or Max Planck ?) suggested this about 2 years ago - maybe he wasn't the first. Many people have agreed since then.

In the game every time I hear a branch break I still get shock, because IRL it can only mean one thing.

My bet is this must turn up sooner or later.

Edited by pilgrim

yes it's annoying OP but nothing compared to cheaters.......just sayin

Its very annoying to say the least. One weird thing is that there is an ambient gunshot sound that can be heard sometimes even on otherwise empty servers. But the most annoying must be the chainsaw sound. It just comes and goes without there even being a chainsaw nearby.

Hopefully these issues will all be fixed later.

Stay up to date with the game and you would know it won't be fixed until the game is finished. Old news...

Edited by Weyland Yutani