boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

So odd thing: I logged into my 1pp/3pp exp character and she's stuck in a building, like inside the foundation. Maybe lag related to when I logged out near a building? I ate some guts to give me food poisoning but sadly I don't have any better method of suicide...

1pp servers seem to have been taken down. If intentional, I'd guess to help stress test the 75 person 1pp/3pp which is probably a great idea.

look for an server with high ping. press "w" while joining and you should be "free"

The only really annoying thing that I experienced was the rags disappearing after tearing a t-shirt. Likewise, when a box of ammo is opened, that may disappear too. 

I've found that if you drop your shirt/pants/backpack and pick it back up again that everything is visible again.  

I've lost a few things when dropping them indoors, so I've been doing my drop/pickup outside on flat ground. I wait until I find a road or a path then do it there, it seems to work fine.

look for an server with high ping. press "w" while joining and you should be "free"

Huh, never would have thought of that. Already have food poisoning though, so I just took off all her clothes and will let her freeze to death/vomit.

cant take dying every 30mins from hunger/thirst going back to stable

cant take dying every 30mins from hunger/thirst going back to stable

And what about animals, apple trees ? hmm

edit: and ponds, wells dude :)

Edited by semrohatej

had the best session in a long time last night, as soon as i saw 75 player server i knew it was going to be good.

there were way too many "boxers" in BZ...

i played outrun for a good 15 minutes with 2 separate players.

what is the fascination of mele in EXP? i mean there is sooo much shit to do and explore, i cant be fucked to interact with players let alone do the usual douchy stuff that most kids do in stable.

excellent progress, the game is looking really good and fps isnt too bad. 35 fps in cities, 90+ outside.

things ive noticed lately:

night servers So predominant in exp?

frequent "please wait" at startup?

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 1

I have a questions to the Devs: Can you set up a private hive server, for testing, too? So problems with them can be discovered?

• Like 1

SNIPPY ....  A distinction needs to be made also between "useful for me right now" and "useful" something can always be the latter but not be the former at any given moment. It just really bothers me when people declare things "useless" as many of those things are probably very useful to somebody in some situation.

Don't know, while some things have some uses in some cases I think of useful for me as directly useful to my survival or ability in battle...

Books ... let's disregard reading them, they give you paper to write on or make fireplaces. But you can make fireplaces with bark now, too, right? Writing was fun a few times but is ultimately not helping me survive.

Cancas pants are a great example ... 4 slots, you have 4 slots when you spawn. I would also hazard a guess that their comfort factor is not too high. I think I used them once after my other pants were ruined.

Red bob the builder helmets...I don't care about any shock / damage reduction of those, if it means putting them on my head.

... the list goes on.

Either way, does anyone know if loot respawns? Just watching a stream and they are finding nothing, like nothing spawned since exp came online and the initial loot was there ... or maybe it spawns in strage locations and we have to find those...again? I don't think the hundreds of clothing articles on the prison island were through spawns yesterday, I would guess they were initially there. I did play pretty soon after release after all. But maybe the sheer amount there prevents the stuff from spawning elsewhere, if items on servers don't fall below minimum amount?

I have to say I'm more than a little jealous. My daughter is only 4 months, I doubt very much DayZ will be a thing by the time she's the age of your kids. :(

I want to play with my doughter too. Maybe in 12-13 years dayz will be finished   :)

I have a friend that plays Arma 3 and some other games with son. My father cant even use mobile phone!

Though I don't recommend it to everyone I'm glad I started raising kids young myself. With the route I was going before they gave me a purpose it probably saved my life. Now I can go to the pub with my oldest and play vids with the younger ones and not suck. 

For you guys with younger kids, look at what we were playing 10 years ago, there's going to be some graphically amazing titles to play with them in a few years. It goes by fast, I remember like yesterday feeding and burping my youngest son laid across my lap while playing San Andreas.

My dad is just getting into technology, I actually lol'd the other morning when I caught him on his laptop researching his new gun while watching the news instead of reading an "analog" manual that I'd have had to order him off ebay.  

Just checking with you guys as I couldn't quite figure it out from the updates, but are they planning on releasing a stable branch with zombies disabled? Because honestly, I'm not too sure that's a great idea. The amount of shit they'll get will just delay stuff, like what happened with the CLE in my opinion.

Other than that, my experience with this exp has been fairly poor so far. Didn't play for too long, but I didn't really see any loot that was worth taking at all during my short play (besides a bunch of vests etc, including a full, damaged smersh combo on those military steps). In all fairness, I didn't really get away from the coast, but that was because I refused to resort to apple/berry picking to be able to run inland, as I don't really think that that's something that should be required at all in game. It'd not be too bad if I found a berry or an apple more than once every ten searches on a berry bush or apple tree, but that's an argument for another time. Gonna try getting on it now and seeing what I can turn up, try to get to the west.

Additional note, something definitely seems up with the loot as far as those unenterable military buildings go. I know I'm repeating what people have said already, but I have yet to see a single one that didn't have a loot explosion. Could be that they're looted less frequently, causing a buildup, but surely by this point, with everybody knowing how good they are, that'd not be as much of an issue?

EDIT: I've also noticed an issue with looting items on upper floors in many buildings, as well as having items getting dropped to the first floor of the building when I place them down (namely backpacks, etc). Many items on upper floors just seem impossible to pick up.

Edited by Beizs

Going back to stable for now.. Have been 1 apple from death at all times.

I wish the devs would say what is being tested. Since no loot to speak of can be found.

SNIPPIDY POO

Additional note, something definitely seems up with the loot as far as those unenterable military buildings go. I know I'm repeating what people have said already, but I have yet to see a single one that didn't have a loot explosion. Could be that they're looted less frequently, causing a buildup, but surely by this point, with everybody knowing how good they are, that'd not be as much of an issue?

SNAPPIFY

Actually, those are great to definitely verify if loot respawns ... gonna test that now.

Loot definitely respawns on stable and I'd assume on exp though I haven't seen it yet. I have seen at least two instances on stable one right before my eyes and another when returning to a room after bagging and stashing stuff I'd want later. Saw a beartrap spawn as my son picked up a Makarov mag 10m away and came back to the longhorn I was actually even looking for after removing a bag of pistols from neaf control room. Both at loot puking areas but it confirms there is some respawn mechanic working.  

Actually, those are great to definitely verify if loot respawns ... gonna test that now.

the one military building at the harbour in svetlo is picked of many players all day and it respawns loot.

After the lootplosion is picked up there is only damaged stuff, no vests, no guns, no mags, only damaged boots.

After a while, you will find new stuff again, weapons, mags and vests. the "old" damaged boots are still there but new loot is spawned.

same happened in small towns inland, pick all the crap and drop it outside the houses, after a while (maybe one rl day) its new loot there.

Try it out, it works not well but it goes to the right direction.

EDIT: houses that spawned new items have closed doors, this "open/closed doors shuffle" didn´t work now.

so, if doors closed, good chance of new loot or an "control-freak" closed all doors after looting  :D

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

I remember like yesterday feeding and burping my youngest son laid across my lap while playing San Andreas.

Yeah same here, it hardly seems possible thinking back to then. But, it really wasn't that long ago.

I'm literally playing a crap Disney princess game right now with my youngest of three. Please, keep the DayZ stories coming, we can all live through you.

• Like 1

Going back to stable for now.. Have been 1 apple from death at all times.

I wish the devs would say what is being tested. Since no loot to speak of can be found.

Confirmed, 0 loot anywhere!

Tell that to junior and my fully clothed and armed characters both sporting at least a long gun (I have an mp5 secondary) and bags with spare rice, powdered milk, and 2 water bottles each. Shit we even have got to pick what colour clothes we wanted and matching cowboy hats, yee-haw bitches. 

Edited by BCBasher

Confirmed, 0 loot anywhere!

Tell that to junior and my fully clothed and armed characters both sporting at least a long gun (I have an mp5 secondary) and bags with spare rice, powdered milk, and 2 water bottles each. Shit we even have got to pick what colour clothes we wanted and matching cowboy hats, yee-haw bitches.

like I said in my other post, most people that start playing after initilization will find plenty of good loot.

Nothing will respawn for quite awhile, days maybe. Depends on how many people play and loot. It will only start to respawn after 50% of class has been picked up, so you can clean out a area, and wait as long as you want, that doesn't mean it should respawn. I'm sure they tested this on a smaller scale, it seems with this in such a large scale it's very hard for us to notice what's going on. It's supposed to eventually have regions, which we don't know if that's in or out yet. That would make spawning more obvious.

Or I could just not know jack myself, don't quote me.

like I said in my other post, most people that start playing after initilization will find plenty of good loot.

Nothing will respawn for quite awhile, days maybe. Depends on how many people play and loot. It will only start to respawn after 50% of class has been picked up, so you can clean out a area, and wait as long as you want, that doesn't mean it should respawn. I'm sure they tested this on a smaller scale, it seems with this in such a large scale it's very hard for us to notice what's going on. It's supposed to eventually have regions, which we don't know if that's in or out yet. That would make spawning more obvious.

Today (over the last few hours), I searched Elektro up to Novy Sobor, taking a very scenic route. I found four books, two pairs of handcuffs, one set of keys, four syringes and a single, worn pair of jogging shoes. I searched over 200 'houses', at a conservative estimate, checking every single loot spot. The only way I'm still alive is searching for apples, as I've yet to see a single animal. I've been in cities, towns, villages, camps, out-of-the-way loot spots and all over the place. Maybe I just chose a bad server, but there is literally nothing.

The lootsplosions prove that there's not a 50% threshold, as loot is respawning in very few areas. So it's not an issue of it not respawning at all. It's just broken somehow.

Edited by Beizs

Fair enough, I play on low(er) populated servers and bag and hide everything useful in a town then only return to my stashes if at all. We generlly keep moving and don't hang around places that seem empty at all. I have seen loot respawn but only in areas already puking it. I do believe they're working on something as far as making it somewhat consistent but haven't figured out the exact mechanics yet, hopefully they make it hard to figure it out.

Edited by BCBasher

I managed to find some loot off an on after leaving areas that are frequented a lot. Last night I spawned near Vybor and ran around until I found a pair of shoes and a jacket then made my way to the nwaf and didn't find anything good until I went to the tents and managed to find a magnum .357 along with some ammo and then today I logged in and almost commited suicide because my character was sick but I stuck with it and found a winchester 70 which I had ammo for, some food and a bottle. I ended up drinking a lot of water and got rid of the sickness so even if they doesn't seem to be loot anywhere keep looking as you'll find some eventually.

I had the totally opposite experience on a pretty much full 1pp server... I found nothing on the coast, precious little at Msta but then continued West to Guglovo where I started finding some items, then Novy Sobor which I looted for a while and found plenty.. After that I just headed North and basically found everything I need. Food, ammo, meds, I even have a MP5 and a PM73 Rak (2 guns which I have seen once in my whole time playing) with ammo and magazines. So there is loot there, just sounds like you got very unlucky.. As others have stated, I have yet to find any 6 slot trousers but that is about the only thing I am missing.. Toying with the idea of hitting up the military bases for the first time in forever to see if I can grab a hunting backpack but I will probably just continue exploring the North side of the map!

Ya you are probably right, because I see people screenshots on EXP with a ton of loot in their inventory that they have found.  Unlucky...story of my life :)

Thats really kind of discouraging though knowing that if you don't get on right when patch day hits your screwed for the long haul for quite awhile.

I can understand if it would be like that in real life but in real life theres ALWAYS something you can find around to make use of in some form or another. Tools are not that scarce  in general.

for me it looks like a flashback to .55 pushed on stable.

"no loot, no guns, nothing to eat...blablabla" 

"this game is broken, devs trolling us...blablabla"

The tears begin to drop again, please devs, keep your road and ignore those tears!

Its more than enough to see server-hoppers on exp. servers to get the "cool military stuff" at lootplosions, pls ignore them and go your way as promised.

• Like 2

for me it looks like a flashback to .55 pushed on stable.

"no loot, no guns, nothing to eat...blablabla" 

"this game is broken, devs trolling us...blablabla"

The tears begin to drop again, please devs, keep your road and ignore those tears!

Its more than enough to see server-hoppers on exp. servers to get the "cool military stuff" at lootplosions, pls ignore them and go your way as promised.

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if people would stop looting everything and hiding it just so that others can't get it to use themselves especially those who take the

loot and hide it then never come back for it. There are selfish people in this game who only care about whether they're the ones who have the loot and nobody

else even if they don't actually plan on using it themselves.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Thats really kind of discouraging though knowing that if you don't get on right when patch day hits your screwed for the long haul for quite awhile.

It's a struggle, but it can be done even without being a cannibal, and it's a blast. I basically lost all my good loot I found in cherno after startup. I had to rely on using nature, forget the loot. Stone knife, book, and short ash tree can net you a fire with cooked meat. I would have died without the hand drill and stick cooking. Now I'm in the north and healthy.

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 2