boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Where the hell did you find the barrel? Been looking for one for ages. :(

Next to the police car in Vybor.

• Like 2

My buddy found a barrel next to a wreck police car.

found mine there too. but there was some stuff inside, so... who knows ?

ps : i red that the hunting scope is now x12, but for me it's still the same than before the latest patch. is it like this for you to ?

Edited by Zboub le météor

Anything is possible, but they typically roll out a new stable build at the end on the month.

EDIT: It's official, they plan to update stable next week:

Pro tip: when you want to share a tweet on the forums, copy and paste the URL of that individual tweet, like this:

:)

I found a protector case in a barn yesterday.

As for barrels, I imagine current implementation is just a placeholder until we have a carrying animation.

• Like 2

I found soo many goodies last night on experimental and I only traveled from elektro to staroye , but yet I have an ak74su(no clip but 30 bullets) a black high cap vest , amphibia pistol, a red dirtbag and a ton of seeds , all I need is water then I'm set for surviving ! Please experimental , don't wipe my character for a new build that changes nothing client side !!

• Like 2

I found soo many goodies last night on experimental and I only traveled from elektro to staroye , but yet I have an ak74su(no clip but 30 bullets) a black high cap vest , amphibia pistol, a red dirtbag and a ton of seeds , all I need is water then I'm set for surviving ! Please experimental , don't wipe my character for a new build that changes nothing client side !!

Day Z taketh period....It sucks,but that is reality She is very unforgiving in many ways. I look at it in that way and it makes it that much more of an enjoyable experience.

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 1

The CLE giveth and Eugen taketh away!  :o

• Like 2

Anyone else having some major issues with Experimental servers? Suddenly, all I am only seeing 4 servers. The last one we were on, Central 0-2, seemed to crash but we never got a "Receiving...." message.

Experimental servers down to 6-7 servers total that I'm seeing.

Most are full 50/50.

I hope this means a possible update today.

• Like 2

yeah i'm wondering too ... whats going on there, if an update is incoming why keep these few servers up ?

also the working time of day is alsmost over here, but you know dem dayz devs are known for some overtime

Edited by SpawnZ

SteamDB is reporting changes to DayZ Server and EXP branch a few hours ago.

https://steamdb.info/app/223350/history/

https://steamdb.info/app/221100/history/

As they're planning on releasing .57 to stable next week

I imagine that they're pushing .57 to exp today/very soon... Or at least, I hope so. Update being pushed to stable and never on exp is just terrifying to me. It does look like we're getting an update considering the pushes on SteamDB and the reduced server numbers, though.

Edit:

Also, assuming they're on track with the renderer (the base was estimated for release at the end of May)... We might get to see it's early stages today if there is an update?  :D

They could be keeping the reduced servers up as they're not sure of the timeline of the next EXP branch being released..? Or maybe they've stolen some for internal testing.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 3

I found a small number of shotguns, but they haven't exactly been growing on trees. I had an incident with a double barrel shotgun in Stary Yar. Every time I tried to pick it up, it crashed my game.

I had this problem with a pair of binos, turned out that the binos weren't actually there.   I remember running up on an area earlier in the build and I saw everything that could spawn was there on the ground, as I got closer it all disappeared.  It's like I saw a ghost.

Edited by Barnabus

I had this problem with a pair of binos, turned out that the binos weren't actually there.   I remember running up on an area earlier in the build and I saw everything that could spawn was there on the ground, as I got closer it all disappeared.  It's like I saw a ghost.

That's a neat trick. I usually don't have loot disappear, until after I interact with it.

I submitted the shotgun issue to the bug tracker. They linked it to another crash complaint that was caused by a hoe. So, I guess any bit of loot has the potential to send your game spiraling down in flaming wreckage.

So not too terribly long ago there was a post showing the map generator and talking about changes. One of the tabs if I remember right was something about rivers or streams. Does anyone think that these wonderful new rocky stream beds I'm finding all over the place (particularly in the North) is part of what was being highlighted?

• Like 4

Did characters get wiped from yesterday?

Characters were wiped yesterday morning. My character that I started just after the wipe yesterday is still around though, if that's what you're asking.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

Well, we're probably have another wipe with the new exp build coming, so this is what I had last night, when I last played on experimental. I really don't have any troubles finding canned foods and various other goods. I tried to wait before playing, to see if most things would be looted, but either the respawn mechanic works much better than before, or either a  lot of players missed valuable items.

29pogf5.jpg

2zqyazs.jpg

2ce2fk6.jpg

15n29fo.jpg

Somehow didn't get any memory leaks when exiting the game yesterday. Everything went pretty smoothly. 

Looking forward to 0.57 experimental!!  :thumbsup:

Edit: Forgot to mention, I came across a LRS on a police car. Kept it to try and test it on various rifle, even found a mosin, but it wouldn't attach to any rifle at all, and could only be used as makeshift binos.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

I was mostly pretty amused by how the zeds react to the V3S now.  It seems like they show some trepidation when a truck approaches.  As if they are confused and afraid of a moving vehicle but after a while they just can't help themselves and have to come after it.  A few I've actually had to chase down with the truck to kill them.   I also noticed they will no longer just sort of appear standing in the bed of a truck and if they see you they will come after you now, ignoring the truck. 

As for Zed numbers, yeah, big increase for sure.  I counted and ran over 8 Zeds up at Myshkino tents city, at least one was a civilian zed.  Seems like quite a bit for such a remote location.  NWAF just crawled with zeds.  Some towns were empty though so there is that.

While truck is still the best one hit melee weapon truck v zed combat is still a bit unpredictable though.  Later, down in Electro, I was backing out of the Fire Station on the Main Supply Route when I hit a zed and the truck went flying and spinning around like Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys.  Ended up with its passenger side down.  I got out ok though so not all bad.

Fists are pretty good too, I had one chase me up into a box car, while she was standing out side I two hit killed her while I was standing in the door.  Pretty cool.  Looking forward to trying that with brass knuckles.

I am cool with wipes, especially after an update of any significance.  Evens the playing field.  Most of the fun right now is gearing up anyway.  Hopefully the three crash sites will not all be within 500 meters of each other this time, a frigging hoppers paradise.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

I like the performance gain. Playing with quite high fps on my old machine makes me, nearly, feel I control a ut 2004 character. Keep working on the optimisation.

Less clunkiness FTW! I hope fore better responsiveness every exp update.

There was still a annoying bug where the player stuck-desynced server-side outside of a doorway when he goes into a building, mostly at small log cabins and wooden houses and with houses narrow entrances. Is this fixed now?

Edited by VatiXerid

okay guys since the servers are decimated ...  server side performance is unplayable on uk server if u take any action it takes 30 secs for the server to realize ... also other playes make 50-100m steps every 20 secs 

confirmed by buddies

Edited by SpawnZ

They linked it to another crash complaint that was caused by a hoe.

Geez.....they are not putting up with anyone lately. :D

GzYzHTq.png

Plz yes.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 8