irl-calibre

Instanced Zombie Horde

So, i've been flat out at GTA (hey who hasn't??!!)  this last while and not looked the road DayZ is on at all, but of course my mind always turns back to DayZ,& was wondering what people would reckon to  instanced zombie missions that groups of say 6 could play if they felt they had the means to take it on ammo wise, maybe say to get that part for your helo where you have to get in and out again? how to devs feel about instances in the game world? 

Edited by Calibre

What is with some people and their liking for 'hordes'? Is it just me or is this not fitting to the game at all? Also the standalone will never have any 'missions'. You create them yourself.

Edited by surf_polar

To me, instanced means safty in that groups case. Since usually that group would only be allowed in which means no other groups can pvp them. 

Making instanced PVE rather than open world PVE seems too safe. People will just run these then log off and back onto their 'bank' public server. Bank all their stuff in the tent city they have built then repeat. Later they will group up and go on a high pop and COD it up. 

The last thing I want is some sort of endgame instance. I basically got kicked out of a WOW guild, back in the day, because I wasn't prepared to commit the 5-6 hours every sunday for raiding.

There are plenty of guild based games out there. Lets not turn DayZ into one.

• Like 1

DayZ too open and "sandboxy" for missions.  

However, perhaps if there were random places on the map -- like heli's -- that had a large spawn of zombines spawned if you come close.  Change the landscape or texture to resemble lots of zombies around (like a load of blood).  

You could tie a massive loot drop to the area based on the fact that lots of dead humans and zombies would have dropped a load of items. 

Something like this might create content that mid-large groups could find and tackle whilst standing a good chance of running into other sizeable groups or getting squad-wiped by zombies.  

What is with some people and their liking for 'hordes'? Is it just me or is this not fitting to the game at all? Also the standalone will never have any 'missions'. You create them yourself.

Aww man come on, say you could do a mission from the top floor of the fire station in Elektro as 6 firemen, where you have to escape to a boat at Solnichniy with 1000's of zombies roaming in the aera? 

Aww man come on, say you could do a mission from the top floor of the fire station in Elektro as 6 firemen, where you have to escape to a boat at Solnichniy with 1000's of zombies roaming in the aera?

This would have nothing to do with DayZ.

Those Instances are the worst thing ever in any game... It's like the game stops and your in your own little dream world soap opera where nothing else can effect you except the ridiculous little mission your on with the 5 people you have to search for and then group up with , There the reason i left LOTR , Horrible idea.

• Like 2

i can allready see the all the requests in the global channel:

Zombie horde instance looking for heavy gunner (only akm with drummag) and a medic ! gogogogogogogoooooo

:D

Edited by Munson_fry

Those Instances are the worst thing ever in any game... It's like the game stops and your in your own little dream world soap opera where nothing else can effect you except the ridiculous little mission your on with the 5 people you have to search for and then group up with , There the reason i left LOTR , Horrible idea.

Yes - plus instances are for big central 500+ player servers, you can't run them at all on DayZ little virtual servers.

Running the game on many small servers is a basic game design choice.

Way to go.

Edited by pilgrim

Instances, no. Hordes, yes. You know you can make your own horde, right? Once more infected are supported then you'll have hordes in cities. I'd like to see a dynamic event where 100+ infected come strolling in, either off the map or based on player proximity, and take over a city or just cause a huge road block. 

But if you really wanted to you can make a mod and then sell it on Steam and make 25%.  B)

I don't agree with any kind of dungeons or instances for ppl to do. What makes this game unique is its constant fluidity in the world as something more real time than fabricated on the go like Instances are.

What is with some people and their liking for 'hordes'? Is it just me or is this not fitting to the game at all?

In a game that promotes itself as being a "Zombie apocalypse" scenario i would hope this would eventually be the goal. This is what drew me and half of the other players here to the game in the first place. It has NOTHING to do with player interaction online. Player interaction for me is just a side bonus or an annoyance at best since i avoid ppl most of the time anyways.

Theres nothing more lame than than having 6 infected scattered throughout a massive city to be your opponents. There extremely easy to take out individually as is  still. Hordes need to come to this game to bring a sense of physical dread and fear. You can have all the psychological shit you want but it just does not scare me as much as being torn apart and eaten alive by a walking corpse.

Edited by Deathlove

Hordes yes - instances NO lame - let me guess youll get a golden can opener for finishing the zombie quest? Maybe they should just change the name to zombie quest eh

Edited by tiadashi
  • Like 2

Hordes yes - instances NO lame - let me guess youll get a golden can opener for finishing the zombie quest? Maybe they should just change the name to zombie quest eh

Dude a chrome plated AK or Hand gun would be a much better item. XD

gold-019.jpg

ZiLk.jpg

This is actually Saddam Husseins gold plated Desert Eagle. That damn thing is BEAST lol.

I think it would be fun once hoards come out to do an ironman style gemplay with 2-4 people max. just try and survive as long as possible. once one person dies the game is over and everyone else has to die or drop all their stuff and start on a new server or in a new area. would deff be a challenge and it would help with teamwork. 

i can allready see the all the requests in the global channel:

Zombie horde instance looking for heavy gunner (only akm with drummag) and a medic ! gogogogogogogoooooo

:D

Only for everyone to KOS each other at the meet up point. Actually it's sounding like a good idea... :)

yeah... hordes of infected in a 'zombie' game... fucking crazy talk!

• Like 1

I don't agree with any kind of dungeons or instances for ppl to do. What makes this game unique is its constant fluidity in the world as something more real time than fabricated on the go like Instances are.

In a game that promotes itself as being a "Zombie apocalypse" scenario i would hope this would eventually be the goal. This is what drew me and half of the other players here to the game in the first place. It has NOTHING to do with player interaction online. Player interaction for me is just a side bonus or an annoyance at best since i avoid ppl most of the time anyways.

Theres nothing more lame than than having 6 infected scattered throughout a massive city to be your opponents. There extremely easy to take out individually as is still. Hordes need to come to this game to bring a sense of physical dread and fear. You can have all the psychological shit you want but it just does not scare me as much as being torn apart and eaten alive by a walking corpse.

I'm afraid you were misinformed about what DayZ is shaping up to be. It was never about the infected.

I'm afraid you were misinformed about what DayZ is shaping up to be. It was never about the infected.

The ONLY thing i was misinformed about was that this would be a zombie apocalypse and it has yet to deliver that for me. And the only reason ppl got comfortable with the game in the mod to begin with is because they never really pressed on that matter as much in the past as it should have been. Considering ppl were glitching the AI out anyway they could.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Well you'll never see any 'hordes' like that in DayZ. Heaven forbid some games do actually something different!