irl-calibre

Instanced Zombie Horde

Well you'll never see any 'hordes' like that in DayZ. Heaven forbid some games do actually something different!

Well than the game will fail to live up to what its supposed to be i guess in that respect and we will just have another "prettier" version of a remade game. With some slightly better bells and whistles.

Offtopic: In fact its still rather disappointed they will never EFFECTIVELY be able to put in real seasonal changes. Granted its allot of work but its one less real aspect that kind of breaks it for me outside of infected talk. That would have been something really different you don't actually see in most games.

What is with some people and their liking for 'hordes'? Is it just me or is this not fitting to the game at all? Also the standalone will never have any 'missions'. You create them yourself.

Zombies hordes aren't fitting?

You sure you're in the right forum?

Edited by blunce

When people are talking about 'hordes' I think about hundreds of entities at once, like a moving cluster of bodies - which is why I said that this will never be in the game because the engine would blow up probably.

If its just a dozen or so, then yeah ofcourse that can happen :)

@Deathlove - DayZ was never really all about the infected and was never advertised as a full on 'zombie game'.

At best they are just another unique element you have to fight against ingame.

@Deathlove - DayZ was never really all about the infected and was never advertised as a full on 'zombie game'.

At best they are just another unique element you have to fight against ingame.

Look at the DayZ logo. What do you see in it:

banner.png

Look at the dayzmod.com website.  What is the first picture you see:

download-on.png

A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.

Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

• Like 1

The mod is outdated for a while already.

In the standalone logo I see a survivor prominently displayed and an infected somewhere in the background.

Same as the games description putting an emphasis on actual survival instead of le epic z0mbie pwnage.

Your point?

What is with some people and their liking for 'hordes'? Is it just me or is this not fitting to the game at all? Also the standalone will never have any 'missions'. You create them yourself.

The OP's idea isn't great, but you are aware that hordes with a hive mind AI are incoming right? That isn't speculation. It's been confirmed.

• Like 1

^Yup.

I hope hordes will be "organic" in how they form.

Maybe in some cases a whole "horde worth" of infected will spawn very near each other but would still require some player interaction to truly draw them together.

They way I imagine it working, you would accidentally or intentionally form a horde by bringing together many aggro'd infected that then share a sort of "hive mind" in how they move and act.

• Like 2

@surf_polar:

You need to learn when to stop typing. Jesus, man.

• Like 1