Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

I don't care if the loot system wasn't 100% ready

That's why we're here, to test.

We can't test if the CLE is pulled because people kick and scream because they can't find food in the first 15 minutes. It's supposed to be a harsh world, is it not?

I realize that it "wasn't completely ready". Yes, there were bugs, but again, that is why we are here. We're far more effective testers than a team of 10.

I found plenty of food and gear once I adapted. That's the problem with today's impatient gamers, there's almost zero ability to adapt their game play. They still insist on following old loot routes or loot maps because they won't change what they think works.

Everyday people say "alpha" when it's convenient, but don't actually believe what they're saying. You're here to TEST, not play a final released game. I also love the people who threaten to quit every time a patch doesn't go their way. Good riddance. You're here to give feedback, not kick and scream, we don't need you.

Damn near every "hardcore survival" game out there is riddled with loot because we have communities (essentially all of the same people) who only have the attention span to treat the game as a run and gun, and when they have to work for their supplies, they cry that the loot is  broken.

Now everywhere I turn there's overflowing amounts of useful gear. Gamebreaking.

I'm sorry.

/rant..

Edited by DanicaHamlin
  • Like 11

Don't be sorry.

Feel sorry, maybe a little depressed that this is how the world works more and more with every generation.

The .55 loot system was pretty broken. It wasn't just rolled back because people were complaining. There were huge areas of the map where literally nothing was spawning, not even the usual clutter like hammers and pliers. Some areas spawned endless amounts of only a select few items. I remember finding dozens upon dozens of red berets in Svetlo, along with cleavers, tactical bacon and .380 boxes, but nothing else whatsoever. 

• Like 2

The .55 loot system was pretty broken. It wasn't just rolled back because people were complaining. There were huge areas of the map where literally nothing was spawning, not even the usual clutter like hammers and pliers. Some areas spawned endless amounts of only a select few items. I remember finding dozens upon dozens of red berets in Svetlo, along with cleavers, tactical bacon and .380 boxes, but nothing else whatsoever. 

Again, how are we supposed to test if it gets removed on a hotfix?

I don't believe they got all of the data they needed in that short time.

I liked the new system a lot, and I don't really see why it could not be tweaked to work. I guess it just needs more time as a whole. One of the best things about it was the stability of servers. Today I had more lag and desync than I think ever before in the game. And I still can't filet the fish, choppers still respawn on site, I find invisible fruit and the bow is going to be working in 0.56 (hopefully). So some of the survival stuff was not touched or fixed yet, either.

I did travel around quite a bit today, but kept mainly to the south. I had a lot more reason to go around and explore before. However, I was on really low pop servers today and had two firefights, both near a military base. This sense of danger at the military installations is quite nice. Especially when the zombies suddenly pop out from everywhere in the woods ^^

I also hope the other system will work again, but with some localized loot and police cars and stuff inside police stations spawning correctly again.  

Edited by S3V3N

Hey lets dig up that broken .55 horse and beat him some more....

The .54 system we're back to isn't a whole lot better either though. I started on a new private server last night and got one of the spawns near the wrecked ship. The ship got me clothed and a good backpack, found nothing but 3 pairs of ruined shoes at a police car in the parking lot by black lake, nothing at black lake lodge, picked apples near death at the outskirts of Olsha to get neutral stats. I started exploring the town and north of the well the loot spawns are puking food and other useful stuff.

We can't test if the CLE is pulled because people kick and scream because they can't find food in the first 15 minutes. It's supposed to be a harsh world, is it not?

I realize that it "wasn't completely ready". Yes, there were bugs, but again, that is why we are here. We're far more effective testers than a team of 10.

I found plenty of food and gear once I adapted. That's the problem with today's impatient gamers, there's almost zero ability to adapt their game play. They still insist on following old loot routes or loot maps because they won't change what they think works.

Everyday people say "alpha" when it's convenient, but don't actually believe what they're saying. You're here to TEST, not play a final released game. I also love the people who threaten to quit every time a patch doesn't go their way. Good riddance. You're here to give feedback, not kick and scream, we don't need you.

Damn near every "hardcore survival" game out there is riddled with loot because we have communities (essentially all of the same people) who only have the attention span to treat the game as a run and gun, and when they have to work for their supplies, they cry that the loot is  broken.

I'm sorry.

/rant..

I agree 100% - I would rather have 55

Hey lets dig up that broken .55 horse and beat him some more....

Your one of the people that complained so bleh

I think the people complaing about loot at the start of .55 are all being grouped together. 

Private server people (like myself) were complaining about loot because there was actually NO LOOT. People on public servers complaining, actually had loot but not where they wanted it. So just remember this is the case, if the new system went out and was the same for public/private we might not have heard so much cries. 

• Like 3

I think the people complaing about loot at the start of .55 are all being grouped together. 

Private server people (like myself) were complaining about loot because there was actually NO LOOT. People on public servers complaining, actually had loot but not where they wanted it. So just remember this is the case, if the new system went out and was the same for public/private we might not have heard so much cries. 

I can agree with that.

No, remember the dayz elite hardcore knew everything. Those finding broken servers like you and i and many others are clearly dress wearing broom fighters on the coast.

• Like 2

No, remember the dayz elite hardcore knew everything. Those finding broken servers like you and i and many others are clearly dress wearing broom fighters on the coast.

Haha, complaining about it on here/reddit might not have helped so much. But maybe that's part of the reason Hicks spent the weekend playing on private servers and discovered we had valid complaints. 

Honestly the bug tracking system they have... it's just brutal. I have worked in QA for a software company now for about 7 years and I know how things work. People will not enter bugs in the system if its clunky or harder than it has to be. With this problem we did need some validation that it was actually a bug and not by design. So being social and talking it out was really the best case. 

• Like 3

Haha, complaining about it on here/reddit might not have helped so much. But maybe that's part of the reason Hicks spent the weekend playing on private servers and discovered we had valid complaints. 

Honestly the bug tracking system they have... it's just brutal. I have worked in QA for a software company now for about 7 years and I know how things work. People will not enter bugs in the system if its clunky or harder than it has to be. With this problem we did need some validation that it was actually a bug and not by design. So being social and talking it out was really the best case.

But even with hicks admitting many servers were truly broken and thats why they had to revert to the placeholder system; everyone still seems to think the roll back was because of casual coastal noobs who couldnt find all the guns and ammo in 10 minutes.

But again, beating a dead horse. The testing continues for all..

• Like 1

i remeber a post by hicks stating that it wasn't because of the complaining it was because they ran into a serious bug and it needed a lot of work. i don't think they are like the devs of H1Z1 they listen to our feed back but they want the game to be challenging to. hell read the latest status report he pretty much says the game is gonna be brutal we just have to have some patience and i'm a guy who loved the lack of loot absolutely loved it and i was playing on a private hive by the way and i had plenty of gear i wonder if it was some private hives that were fucked but not all hell i suicide when a new update is released just to see how hard it is on a new spawn and i am still on the same character though i don't pew pew unless i have to. hell i'll bandit if things get to hard to find i just don't see the motivation to rob folks when i want for nothing right now.

Do you know how low the server population got? Servers were dropping left and right. This was simply bad for business and it was a really dumb move. It is obvious that the majority of the player base DOES NOT WANT THIS, if you want the game to be successful then try to please as many players as you can, its very simple, the game is not about what the devs want, its not about what the designers want, its about what the players want.

You all can stop whining about this, they will throw in their broken loot system in a month or two and we'll go through it all over again.

• Like 1

I'm sorry.

/rant..

Are you kidding me? As I posted on another thread. I ran from Lopatino to Norganoe over 4 hours checking pretty much everything and found zero ammo, zero soda cans, zero vests, one pair of cargo pants and the only weapon was a P1 pistol. If I didn't have my plastic water bottle I'd be f*cked as I've not spotted a canteen in days.

Maybe try persistent servers if you want a challenge?

Loot is so screwed even on persistent you can find places packed with useless stuff put nothing you need.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Do you know how low the server population got? Servers were dropping left and right. This was simply bad for business and it was a really dumb move. It is obvious that the majority of the player base DOES NOT WANT THIS, if you want the game to be successful then try to please as many players as you can, its very simple, the game is not about what the devs want, its not about what the designers want, its about what the players want.

There are literally 300+ games that drop you into them with all the gear you would ever need to play or if you don't have it immediately you will have what you need as you go. Battlefield, Counterstrike, Call of Duty, Left4Dead, and so many more. There are plenty of, "I don't want to have to find stuff to survive." games out there and very few where survival is actually difficult. When I am feeling masochistic I go play the couple I know of that are as difficult as .55 was.. and enjoy the experience. 

• Like 1

I only play on persistent servers, more private than public lately and believe some of them were broken but some of them were just harder like they were supposed to be. The "majority" is most likely partially the players experiencing broken servers and allot of players who are big fucking crybabies who want this game to be like something they're used to.

All sides have every right to voice their opinion but the bulk of the players who just quietly left over .55 were going to do so over a million different reasons and don't weigh in on what DayZ will, should, could be. I've got a pretty polar opinion how I think things should go and voicing it. I'm getting used to seeing regulars chime in one way or the other here and it's looking about 50/50 to me. The surge that quietly left are in all likelihood offset by about the same number who quietly kept playing. 

I don't have any data to prove either way so I' only going to use the word majority mockingly.  

Agreed. Even though a lot of people were complaining that people would stop playing because it was too hard, I liked it. The funny thing is... since they switched it back to the pre-55 system, I can't bring myself to play the game again. I feel like there is no challenge, and the thrill I had from it is gone.

I'm waiting for them to re-implement the fixed version of the harder 55 loot system to play again. This 54 loot system is just not fun anymore after getting a taste of the more challenging one.

Same here. I wait till loot dsitribution makes sense again and stuff is actualy hard to find again.

I'm sorry.

/rant..

shut it, we've heard it all before. Stop being a "I'm cool with everything' shut tit. or even shutttit