Sign in to follow this  
john5220

Any chance of DayZ moving away from reliance on Food and Drink?

Its been a game of eating food simulator to me. To the point where I have deleted DayZ and moved onto other games, its painful I cannot get a refund of my money but such is life these days until new laws are put in place to protect consumers.

So my hope is to wait it out in the hopes that DayZ may improve on this aspect or people will be able to mod the game and give those of us looking for the casual experience.

Many of us have to work for a living and have responsibilities and cannot spend all day looking for a gun looking for ammo looking for food etc Not all of us are 13 years old and have the unlimited time to walk miles looking for food and weapons.

Bro it doesn't matter how long your sessions are, you could play half an hour every couple of days and after a week be full gear, ready to fight when you can have a longer session.

Also don't give up and come back in a month, when the new patch will be out, chance are a lot of things will change, and maybe you'll find the game fun again.

;)

Edited by SNOWPOWDERITA
  • Like 1

Thanks for buying game and supporting development! But now i think its time for u to leave! Before you buy next game read what the game is about! Dayz its all about SURVIVAL!

If the game isn't for you don't buy/play it. There's a reason why my Steam account really doesn't have all of those sale games and even many hyped games. They just aren't for me. Now we are fighting against drink and food but in the future there will be even more like diseases.

• Like 2

Its been a game of eating food simulator to me. To the point where I have deleted DayZ and moved onto other games, its painful I cannot get a refund of my money but such is life these days until new laws are put in place to protect consumers.

So my hope is to wait it out in the hopes that DayZ may improve on this aspect or people will be able to mod the game and give those of us looking for the casual experience.

Many of us have to work for a living and have responsibilities and cannot spend all day looking for a gun looking for ammo looking for food etc Not all of us are 13 years old and have the unlimited time to walk miles looking for food and weapons.

DayZ isn't trying to cater to everyone. Also, how many warnings about game-breaking bugs and unfinished features do you need?

its for casuals too i think i have a job i work shitloads of hours per week as well sometimes i just get on and search the town near my base or do alittle farming get my crops and store them for when i have a day off to play for a long period of time then i got supplies and food and ammo for a long play session because i've squirreled it all away for that day you should give that strategy a shot maybe it might work for you hell you don't even need a tent use a mountain pack or something to stash stuff.

• Like 2

Protect consumers from what, a game that doesn't fit their schedule?

Edited by klesh

The game is constantly being tweaked and fixed/broken while the devs impliment various things. Come back every once and a while and see whats new. It may eventually be the game you were hoping for. It also may not. But dont assume anything right now since things are still early.

You paid your money to take the alpha ride. But the good news is that it gets you the beta and the completed game as well. :)

Edited by cash81

Bro it doesn't matter how long your sessions are, you could play half an hour every couple of days and after a week be full gear, ready to fight when you can have a longer session.

Also don't give up and come back in a month, when the new patch will be out, chance are a lot of things will change, and maybe you'll find the game fun again.

;)

I have not played DayZ since last year, I am planning on coming back once the new render is out because on my PC one that can run Battlefield 4 on medium to Ultra mix settings, it cannot even get more than 12 fps in cities in DayZ. No use playing in 12 fps especially when I can play BF4 in medium to Ultra and it looks 1000x10^23 better graphics.

But I don't care too much about graphics, DayZ still gets 12 fps on lowest settings and its only because I have an AMD CPU because my friend has same setup with a intel and he gets 30 fps in cities.And funny thing is his intel is a dual core and its cheaper than my AMD CPU.

I pray and hope one day DayZ would be able to run on AMD systems with proper multi threaded support. And I hope DayZ will have steam workshop mods so people can remove these food and drink part of the game. Until then there will be this hole in my heart knowing that $30 US was wasted on a game I cannot play, which is in reality $200 of my money where I live so its more hurtful than you may think for someone like me.

Well mate, not all of us are 13 and yes I work 60-70 hours a week plus all of my parenting and husband duties and still manage to find time to put a few hours in Dayz. Don't worry next patch will sort out some of the loot issues and hopefully the butthurt about Dayz no longer being the mindless killing game and actually taking some skill to survive will die down.

I'm sorry but I've put somewhere around 20 hours or so into .55, its not the no loot/eating and drinking simulator people make it out to be. If surviving isn't your thing than it maybe good to take some time away. Sure its a bit harder to find loot if you continue to follow the same loot paths you were taking before .55, you won't find much. Take the road less traveled, search the houses that never had loot before, you will be surprised at what you can find

And some of us have jobs that pay well and can pick and choose their hours around stuff they want to be doing. 

Go play a casual game and don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave.

*edit* I take Wednesday off just for update days ;)

Edited by BCBasher

I have not played DayZ since last year, 

Then what are with all your troll comments.

Be gone.

• Like 3

Then what are with all your troll comments.

Be gone.

Rekt.

• Like 1

It's good to come back to this place and be greeted with the same thoughtful and insightful community commentary as ever. 

• Like 1

Holy shit... if u didnt knew this game is not meant for casuals before buying it its your fault. DayZ is like the dream game for hardcore players, the hardcore game, the anti game, those are its motto. The very creator and many devs have stated that many times, way before the game was released.

The point of the game is not for you to gear up in minutes like a casual game, but for you to recreate in having little to nothing and still survive, taking days up to weeks to max the game. This game not only is for hardcore, you also need to be a masochist. The very opposite from what a casual gamer likes.

Edited by p4triot
  • Like 1

i'll ask a refund the next time a see a movie and i don't like it :D .

YOUR dayz will most certainly exist when modding will be supported, or try arma 3 ;)

No need for drama in every second thread in here. Just come back every now and then if that works for you or wait for game to come out and hope for some mods that will suit you the best :)

I'd like the food schedule (i.e. how often/frequent you have to eat/drink) to be extended. But I'd like food to be much rarer overall, so that when you're really hungry and you didn't plan ahead, you're just fucked.

Edited by Katana67