lucianpin

Full auto weapons have nothing to do with Cernarus atmosphere, nor survival lifestyle

Full auto weapons have nothing to do with Cernarus atmosphere

Really? That's as incorrect as saying a game that takes place in war torn East Ukraine has no need for automatic weapons. Why don't people read on the lore before assuming Chernarus was a peaceful utopia where crime and war was unheard of.

• Like 2

Seems to me they have a huge problem getting the majority of the player base off the coast

And even if caned´s are rare...they just eat each other indefinetly... :D

than you can use intestins as vertilizier...

nah lets get a m4

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Automatic rifles aren't as terrifying as they seem. Many people carrying them are terrible shots, and will burn through an entire clip not hitting a thing. Meanwhile, my sawn-off just needs to be pointed in your general direction, and I'll hit you 9 times outt of 10. If I don't outright kill you on the first shot, I've got another salvo coming your way just half a second later. 

Pretty much.

I am willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of fights in DayZ occur within 50 meters or less (urban, military bases). At those ranges, the shotguns ANNIHILATE generally anything that wanders in front of you.

Case in point, last night me and some of my mates got into some shit in Berezino, by the lumber yard. We came across a group of 4 dupers (we knew they were dupers because they all had on the same gear, with tricked-out AKM's and M4's). I flanked around through the shipping containers, by the office building, and came up on one of them. He sprayed at me with the AKM, missing all the while. (the bullets spanging off the shipping crates make me feel like I was in an action movie!), while all I had to do was center the MP-133 on his torso and fire. He got hit across his entire body, from his feet to his head, and went down like a sack of bricks. Now, granted, I picked up the tricked-out AKM and 3 drum mags he had, but I still kept my sawed-off IZH for.....close quarters.

The various shotguns have to be my favorite weapons in Day Z. If only they would add more shells, like slugs, flares, beanbags, "wax slugs", etc.  

• Like 3

And even if caned´s are rare...they just eat each other indefinetly... :D

than you can use intestins as vertilizier...

nah lets get a m4

You don't want to use human waste to plant your crops with. That would be the stupidest fucking move ever. Theres a reason we don't plant crops with our own shit. Its to god damn toxic.

The various shotguns have to be my favorite weapons in Day Z. If only they would add more shells, like slugs, flares, beanbags, "wax slugs", etc.  

They had those green shotgun shells in much earlier builds before the shotguns became available. I wounder if there going to do anything with them? I hope so anyways. We already have flares its just a matter of making them compatible with the shotgun. But from what i understand you can do damage with the flare gun to players.

Edited by Deathlove

You don't want to use human waste to plant your crops with. That would be the stupidest fucking move ever. Theres a reason we don't plant crops with our own shit. Its to god damn toxic.

Not just toxic, but it is all-but-guaranteed to pass along whatever intestinal parasites you have to the rest of your community.

The game still isn't balanced and while there is an array of weaponry and loot, the actual spawn rate needs to be greatly reduced so they we have a reason to use the implemented improvised weapon crafting system.

As it stands right now, there is little to no reason to craft an improvised bow, why should such a thing even be in the game when there so many pistols and rifles available?

It's just because the devs have not balanced it yet, but also private servers will want to adjust the loot table to play as they desire.

Imagine dayz with hoardes of zombies and only improvised weapons and  few rifles and pistols. Changing these variables will change the pve and pvp aspect

Just be more careful in towns and cities and you won't be lit up like you owed the Mafia money every time you enter them.

They had those green shotgun shells in much earlier builds before the shotguns became available. I wounder if there going to do anything with them? I hope so anyways. We already have flares its just a matter of making them compatible with the shotgun. But from what i understand you can do damage with the flare gun to players.

In reality. shotguns would probably be the most "effective" firearm to use in a situation like Day Z, as opposed to a single-caliber rifle. A smoothbore, interchangable shotgun can fire buckshot, birdshot, slugs, flares, beanbags, etc, all with varied purpose. Slugs are for killing things at range, birdshot is for birds and other small game (and making "wax slugs"), buckshot is for hunting larger game and self defense, flares are for lighting things up, beanbags are for knocking things out, etc.

Plus, shotshells are particularly easy to reload, and can be varied in powder charge to suit varied situations

Not just toxic, but it is all-but-guaranteed to pass along whatever intestinal parasites you have to the rest of your community.

It's actually alot more widespread of a practice in developing countries than you may think lol  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_soil

**To OP .. with how easy it is to actually modify alot of semi automatic weapons to fire full auto and the potential of no laws to stop this there would probably be quite a few full auto weapons BUT in the end the devs will get to decide how many we get with the item economy.

Edited by SaveMeJebus

Yep, and many of those people suffer from intestinal parasites and assorted infections.

never said it was a good idea

... assuming Chernarus was a peaceful utopia where crime and war was unheard of.

Who said that? You are the one who is just assuming things...

First off it's Chernarus, second In a post soviet-state, there should be a fair amount of AKs left from the soviet military presence.

You make me think of superintendent Chalmers from The Simpsons:

Superintendent Chalmers: “Thank the Lord”? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school.

God has no place within these walls, just like facts don’t have a place within an organized religion.

Nice bait, keep it relevant to the topic. This is the DayZ forums, not pointless religious arguments forum.

Also, no. Assault Rifles are a thing, a bullet is a bullet. Even if he can spray, you can still shoot back. Learn how to react.

Nice bait, keep it relevant to the topic. This is the DayZ forums, not pointless religious arguments forum.

Also, no. Assault Rifles are a thing, a bullet is a bullet. Even if he can spray, you can still shoot back. Learn how to react.

I am not sure what it was, maybe this PM73 RAK, I was fully equipped, clothes, vest, healthy, and I don't exaggerate: I heard 1 second of burst and I was dead - this was while sprinting at full speed, moving my position between two cover points. So, shoot back is not possible when a weapon like this fires at you - this is what I was trying to say. Of course it was my mistake for that move, but I am just saying, no shoot back option. 1 mistake = dead unless a noob is shooting.

Edited by lucianpin

Of course full auto weapons have their place in Dayz, especially in a place like Chernarus where there would most likely be quite a few AKs lying around. Ammo however should be a problem, something it isn't currently. Most videos I see of people using military grade gear has almost always the 75 round mags (often several) and a handful of extra mags, or a handful of 60 round mags for the M4. This is something I can live with during alpha phase, but I really hope it isn't planned to stay that way upon release.

In a post apocalyptic setting ammo should be so scarce that you would consider yourself a god among men if you found enough for a 30 round mag.

BUT in the end the devs will get to decide how many we get with the item economy.

But why?  What's the point of early access for FEEDBACK, when they're just going to do whatever the fuck they want anyway?

I am not sure what it was, maybe this PM73 RAK, I was fully equipped, clothes, vest, healthy, and I don't exaggerate: I heard 1 second of burst and I was dead - this was while sprinting at full speed, moving my position between two cover points. So, shoot back is not possible when a weapon like this fires at you - this is what I was trying to say. Of course it was my mistake for that move, but I am just saying, no shoot back option. 1 mistake = dead unless a noob is shooting.

I don't think you understand that someone could do the exact same thing with a Sporter, a Magnum, Mosin, SKS or even a Blaze. ANY gun can kill you just as fast. In the mod, i typically used a Lee-Enfield (Bolt action) and would win over AKMs and M4's 70% of the time. The 30% was usaully due to them having the drop on me, being in CQC, or simply they were better than me. How? I tried to stay out of close-range environments, using the accuracy of the enfield to my advantage, and kept on my heels. Even in CQC when you have a Mosin, if you see the guy with the auto first, you can take him down easily.

What i get from you, whether i'm correct or not, is that your having a hard time with PvP and are blaming all your problems on automatic weapons. (No offence ment) I suggest you be more careful (look both ways before you cross the street.. applies here to) and don't hang around in the big cities. Those are PvP capitals, and you can get the same loot by hitting a couple villages.

• Like 2

The problem for the automatics is that there aren't yet enough zombies to soak up the generous portions of bullets available.  I, like many other people, bought DayZ because it was advertised as a realistic post-apocalyptic zombie survival game that offered cooperative base-building.  At this stage of the game, most people play as if it is CS:GO, but generally prefer to pick off the unarmed players at the coast.  I'll never understand this, as there are many other games that better provide for that playstyle.

If you want to loot and play survival, there is plenty of map for that.  Almost all of the KOS Kampers are on the Crags west of Elektro, the various block housing near Cherno, or terrorizing Berezino.  When I play with people who get into protracted clan battles on the coast, repeatedly comitting suicide until they get an Elektro spawn, I have to wonder if these people are just too stupid to play any of the other games that allow for a rematch.  If they are just looking to TDM, my two cents is they are doing it wrong, or at least in the wrong game.

I play as an aggressive supply chief; rounding up trucks on my persistent server and using them to litter the map with supply dumps. This way, no matter where I respawn, I am never more than a ten minute run from a bag containing cargo pants, food and drink, and a working pistol.  Deaths will happen, and 60% of the players will still want to kill anything that moves--either for tagret practice, or to specifically try and ruin YOUR day-- but it is how you cope with these deaths that will determine your overall enjoyment of the DayZ experience.

I don't think you understand that someone could do the exact same thing with a Sporter, a Magnum, Mosin, SKS or even a Blaze. ANY gun can kill you just as fast. In the mod, i typically used a Lee-Enfield (Bolt action) and would win over AKMs and M4's 70% of the time. The 30% was usaully due to them having the drop on me, being in CQC, or simply they were better than me. How? I tried to stay out of close-range environments, using the accuracy of the enfield to my advantage, and kept on my heels. Even in CQC when you have a Mosin, if you see the guy with the auto first, you can take him down easily.

What i get from you, whether i'm correct or not, is that your having a hard time with PvP and are blaming all your problems on automatic weapons. (No offence ment) I suggest you be more careful (look both ways before you cross the street.. applies here to) and don't hang around in the big cities. Those are PvP capitals, and you can get the same loot by hitting a couple villages.

No, I am not having hard time with PvP. I know very well what you are saying about magnum, mosin, sks. Magnum is really a beast for CQC. 90% of the kills in PvP are all in the same way. The victim is standing still and is looking in the wrong direction or is late by 1 second. Now, talking about moving targets, even with Magnum you know how hard it is to hit a player running full speed - when you have a window of 3 meters. 2 bullets miss from total of 4 fired - player survives. And now compere a fully automatic low recoil, high fire rate weapon. This is what I am talking about, why you and others make all kind of assumptions?

Anyway for you and those who are killed standing still, I agree with you, magnum or AKM is no difference. For me, surviving so many shoots from other weapons like SKS, mosin, and seeing that when I was killed, each time was an automatic weapon, it makes a difference for me.

Edited by lucianpin

Who said that? You are the one who is just assuming things...

Full auto weapons have nothing to do with Cernarus atmosphere

There are your words.

On Chernarus:

Shortly after WWII, the small Red Army airport in the Northern province, designated for parachute training, expanded and gradually evolved into an air base with large military surroundings. In the border mountains there are a few former bases. After the regaining of independence, the Chernarussian Army took over these military bases.

At present, there is a lack of funds needed for security and maintenance; the condition of these bases has become even worse because of fighting between the regular army and rebel units who were using a number of these bases as their foot-holds. Visiting the former military areas isn't forbidden, but due to large numbers of unexploded ordnance as well as the decayed conditions of the buildings it is not recommended.

In preparation for Operation Harvest Red, elements of the U.S. Marine Corps' Force Recon are deployed behind enemy lines into Chernarus, to weaken ChDKZ coastal defenses for the invading Marine Expeditionary Unit. Among the Force Reconnaissance Marines is Razor Team, a five-man special operations team, consisting of the main character, Master Sergeant Matthew "Coops" Cooper, Razor Team's second-in-command, and the team's leader, Master Sergeant Patrick "Eightball" Miles.

Razor Team's mission is to conduct a raid on the small Chernarussian town of Pusta, to disrupt ChDKZ communications in preparation for the invading Marine Expeditionary Unit.[9] During Razor Team's raid on Pusta, the team rescues a couple of torture victims, and subsequently uncovers a mass grave, revealing that the ChDKZ have been conducting acts of genocide and are guilty of war crimes in South Zagoria. After the raid on Pusta, Razor Team is tasked with helping to unite the Chernarussian military (CDF) with National Party (NAPA) guerillas, who are led by a man named Prizrak. Originally hostile to each other at the beginning, their subsequent cooperation will help restore peace to Chernarus.

As the civil war in Chernarus rages on, a terrorist bombing occurs in the middle of Red Square, in Moscow, Russia, killing dozens and wounding hundreds more. The ChDKZ blames this attack on the National Party, which causes the Russian Federation, already wary of the presence of U.S. forces operating near its border, to demand the unconditional withdrawal of U.S. forces from Chernarus. The Russian Federation proposes to the United Nations Security Council that the United States withdraw its forces from Chernarus, whom the Russians see as escalating the conflict. The United States' mandate in Chernarus expires, and U.S. forces are quickly withdrawn from the country. Shortly after the U.S. withdrawal, the Russian Federation sends a United Nations-backed peacekeeping contingent into South Zagoria, to replace the U.S. forces. However, in the confusion, Razor Team is left behind as the rest of the U.S. forces withdraw from the country, leaving them in Chernarus. Later, it is revealed that the terrorist bombing of Red Square was in fact a false flag attack committed by the ChDKZ to paint the National Party as terrorists. Razor Team is now tasked with finding evidence which will prove the ChDKZ's involvement in the bombing of Red Square, and the National Party's innocence.

So a civil war, you know, one with guns like AKMs and AK-74s happened in Chernarus, with Russian and American involvement, with guns that are automatic, then a UN peace keeping effort, again, with guns in Chernarus.

In a zombie apocalypse i would want a full auto rifle. Haven`t you seen the walking dead?

Rifles win the day.

I agree there are too many fully automatic war weapons available (but reducing their occurence would grant privileges to server owners even more).

Yeah damn those server owners, always up to no good !!