lucianpin

Full auto weapons have nothing to do with Cernarus atmosphere, nor survival lifestyle

what's that saying about brining a knife to a gun fight? so, because you walk into a town with a fishing pole and can opener everyone else should downgrade to your level of "shotgun for self defense" style of play?

you said yourself that there are different styles of play and expectations. you limit your style of play to the survivalist, live off the land type. and that's cool, nothing wrong with that. but don't expect anyone else to play the same.... especially when there's a huge chance they're carying that full auto weapon you believe is unfair.

I said almost nothing about me or my play style and expectations are from the game not from the others. When fully automatic guns come into play, wins the one who sees first. No warning - missed bullet hitting the wall. If we are speaking about a game that is not counter-strike and you DO lose all when you die and you are still obsessed about this realism of dieing in seconds, that is your point of view.

EDIT I play many different styles...

Edited by lucianpin

Chernarus is a war torn ex soviet state. It makes full sense that there is a bunch of full auto weapons such as the AK type rifles lying around. As someone else said, it's not like soldiers were running around with double barrel shotguns.

• Like 2

TLDR: I got killed by a guy with an AKM. I am mad. Everyone should play the game the way I do or else it's unfair.

• Like 9

TLDR: I got killed by a guy with an AKM. I am mad. Everyone should play the game the way I do or else it's unfair.

you are retard

enlight me how if you spawn at the coast and you are not in the Position to just knock out some fullgeartard....

"lol"

No Chuck isn't a retard, I think he got it pretty well actually.

@BlackLabel "lol" indeed, sorry, no disrespect, but learn how to play PvP in the game then...

I knocked out players with automatic guns with almost every pistol/melee weapon in the game (and yeah, you get better at it if you try over and over again, spend a few evenings/weeks on a PvP only server in Elektro and you will see).

And I think it was mentioned before --> situational awareness, my friend :) it really works...

Edited by re-patch

No Chuck isn't a retard, he got it pretty well actually.

@BlackLabel "lol" indeed, learn the game mate.

I knocked out players with AKM's with almost every pistol/melee weapon in the game and keep doing it over and over again (and yeah, you get better at it, you wouldn't believe it).

I think it was mentioned before --> situational awareness, my friend :)

uhm entirly missing the Point "m8" ? Whatever...your reply was so boring i had to spice it up a bit in my mind. I added some sand and vaginas..it was fun...Plus...i wrote..."if you are not in the Position to..." ..*sigh*

LURN HOW TO GAHM MATE !!! ...bah booooooooooooooooooring

anyways...ofc you could knockout Folks but..really any Group that is bigger than..ONE should be able to deal with it rather easy...if they dont they deanserve to loose everything :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

No Chuck isn't a retard, I think he got it pretty well actually.

@BlackLabel "lol" indeed, sorry, no disrespect, but learn how to play PvP in the game then...

I knocked out players with automatic guns with almost every pistol/melee weapon in the game (and yeah, you get better at it if you try over and over again, spend a few evenings/weeks on a PvP only server in Elektro and you will see).

I think it was mentioned before --> situational awareness, my friend :)

I guess there is always even more to learn and we learn from every PvP experience. By the way, first time when I got my hands on an AKM was from a killed player (with my FNX) in Balota tents.

I guess there is always even more to learn and we learn from every PvP experience. By the way, first time when I got my hands on an AKM was from a killed player (with my FNX) in Balota tents.

Yap there is, there are always more experienced people (not only in game(s), everywhere), and the best you can do is profit as much as possible and get better yourself ;)

Plus DayZ has looots of factors like (looking at the wrong side in the wrong to seconds, desync etc. etc.) ...

And yeah, I second that, can't count how many times I've been killed by guy with a weapon much worse than my automatic rifle at that time.

Edited by re-patch

I frequently hear pleas for balance. The reality is that nothing in life is balanced.

People are not balanced. Some people are bigger,stronger smarter, have quicker reflexes, have different experience, are generally healthier, or have better imune systems and etc.

The environment is not balanced. If I engage is risky behavior, go to dangerous locations, or expose myself to harmful elements, it is me who will suffer, not anyone else.

Weapons are not balanced. Pick an era from history at random and weapons were not balanced. In pre-historic times, some combatents had only their fists and their wits to rely on, while others had clubs (visions of the movie 2001 just flashed through my mind). In medievel times, some warriers had lances and swords, while others had ranged weapons (bow & arrow and rudimentary firearms). In the American civil war, we had soldiers armed with black powder muskets and rifles, while others had Henry repeating rifles. In WWI, many countries fielded deritives of the Maxim machine gun, while the average soldier carried a bolt action rifle. None of these scenatiros are fair, nor are they balanced, but history is rife with these examples and it is the reason why countries spend so much money on weapons R&D. The object of which, is to gain an edge, not parity.

If the military were engaged to manage a civilian catastrophe, it stands to reason that at the very least, current issue battle rifles and side arms would be found in "hot" areas. Since the military isn't likely to be careless with the keys to their armory, military hardware and ammunition would be comparitively scarse.

Many vids exist demonstrating that if you can close the distance, a determined man with an ax is more than a match for anyone weilding a firearm. Therefore, with a good strategy and the element of surprise, I would have no reservation about attacking someone with a M4, if I were armed "only" with a shotgun / repeater / magnum / SKS / or ax (fill in the blank).

"The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand."
"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious."

“He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious.”
~Sun Tzu

My point is that a balanced game is completey unrealistic. However, if you dream on some sort of a balanced cage match, the devs have made the commitment that they will provide the necessary tools and documentation to the modding community, so that they can build whatever they wish.

• Like 5

Someone said about the army just leaving guns behind.. No you are correct, those surviving soldiers would have grabbed as much gear as humanly possible and got out of there.. But what about all the not so lucky soldiers, those who killed by the infected and left behind or became infected themselves.. I can't see the army rushing around grabbing their bodies or gear when a horde of infected are rushing up.. So yes, a lot of stuff would have been left behind, its the simple fact that not everything would have been cleaned out in time.. The majority of the military areas on the map show signs of a struggle and destroyed vehicles, so whose to say those soldiers there didn't just hop on the first heli out of there and only grabbed what they could! Why would there not be full auto guns in those areas or at the subsequent heli crashes? In my opinion, for there NOT to be military grade weaponry in what was basically a warzone would be far less immersion breaking and unrealistic. If you don't particularly like full auto guns then don't use them and avoid them, I'm not a massive fan either and I tend to stick with the SKS or my trusty bow... But that is no reason to want to have them taken out of the game entirely. In fact, I would be shockingly disappointed if that was the case as the realism argument gets pushed out again and again for most things, but then some people want everyone fighting on the same level.. 

And to whoever said about the real world situation, no I have never been in that situation, but real armies and groups have been when they have had to get out of an area quickly, and you can be damn certain that while they would have grabbed what they could, a decent amount of stuff would end up being left behind in a rushed evacuation. 

Another obsession for reality/realism, but if I start to enumerate how many things are not real and will never be in DayZ (because they can not be)... Anyway, I understand your point of view, thanks...

I just with there was a reliable/consistent way to switch them to semi-automatic and tell that they are in that mode.

we hopefully will see People fighting each other with Sticks and Stones over the only 50% full can of beans in elektro :D

That's stupid.  Go play the long dark please.  This is ZOMBIE SURVIVAL, not Bear Grylls simulator.  This game is about surviving a zombie infested ruin of society, not being the next Tom Hanks in Castaway. There is a difference.

Off of the main page "DAYZ is a gritty, AUTHENTIC, open-world, survival horror hybrid mmo game".. Strikes me that if the Devs want authentic then that would tie in with realism.. No you can not have 100% realism, there has to be game mechanics of course, but removing things that would realistically be in such an environment takes away from the experience for everyone! Hell I haven't held an M4 since the first months of the game when they were everywhere, but that doesn't mean I want them removed..

• Like 1

Automatic rifles aren't as terrifying as they seem. Many people carrying them are terrible shots, and will burn through an entire clip not hitting a thing. Meanwhile, my sawn-off just needs to be pointed in your general direction, and I'll hit you 9 times outt of 10. If I don't outright kill you on the first shot, I've got another salvo coming your way just half a second later. 

• Like 5

When in the midle of a town, you have no chance when someone is shooting at you with a fully automatic weapon. You really cann't defend yourself. This is so realistic indeed, but I think this kind of weapons is an exaggeration for a survival game where you find all kind of old weapons or vehicles on a russian land. Why this game should be so unbalanced? It is good the diversity of the weapons, but more balance would be great.

Full auto weapons should only be present in games like Arma 2/3 where people play in large squads and all angles can be secured.

I think that situations like this when two survivors are sprayed by an automatic weapon is not specific for a survival game where people would want to go finshing and hunting.

Either all automatic weapons are so pupular that everyone would have one, or automatic weapons do not exist so that everyone that is walking and is hit or hears gun shoots would have at least a second chance.

How would you not find AK variants EVERYWHERE you look in a POST-SOVIET state, where there are multiple military bases, airfields and facilities? Do you think if a real apocalypse happened that all the fully automatic weapons on the planet would just disappear or something?  I fail to see a real point in your post...

• Like 2

Someone here ever played STALKER with Misery Mod? It's hard right? It's realistic, and I like it. But there is something different with it. You don't play 1 month to find and MP4 or AKM with mags etc and you don't lose it in 1 second.

Nothing is wrong with full auto weapons, but the story of DayZ could be something different if the community would want it of course. It's my humble opinion that different atmosphere can be created just by tweaking some factors like this.

Automatic rifles aren't as terrifying as they seem. Many people carrying them are terrible shots, and will burn through an entire clip not hitting a thing. Meanwhile, my sawn-off just needs to be pointed in your general direction, and I'll hit you 9 times outt of 10. If I don't outright kill you on the first shot, I've got another salvo coming your way just half a second later. 

That's because people are stupid and don't understand that spraying has no place in combat other than suppressing fire. 

That's stupid.  Go play the long dark please.  This is ZOMBIE SURVIVAL, not Bear Grylls simulator.  This game is about surviving a zombie infested ruin of society, not being the next Tom Hanks in Castaway. There is a difference.

Welp...

"open world survival horror video game in development"

now hush...correct me but will you be in the "gimme my canned Food back" crowd ? You might find yourself in a rather different spot when the real stuff is finaly in....YOU and all the other abnominal "hurr durr we all look the same MILITARY!!! Folks" realize that the end product of dayZ might be very differnt from what we Play now. ( and i hope it will be, oh and..the Long dark is a pretty fun experience )

Dirty water isent even IN. As well as elaborated sickness/Stamina ect, ect...

• Like 1

How would you not find AK variants EVERYWHERE you look in a POST-SOVIET state, where there are multiple military bases, airfields and facilities? Do you think if a real apocalypse happened that all the fully automatic weapons on the planet would just disappear or something?  I fail to see a real point in your post...

You cann't imagine an apocalypse so what are we talking here is how the story could be...

Cernarus is the whole planet?

Edited by lucianpin

Welp...

"open world survival horror video game in development"

now hush...correct me but will you be in the "gimme my canned Food back" crowd ? You might find yourself in a rather different spot when the real stuff is finaly in....YOU and all the other abnominal "hurr durr we all look the same MILITARY!!! Folks" realize that the end product of dayZ might be very differnt from what we Play now. ( and i hope it will be, oh and..the Long dark is a pretty fun experience )

Dirty water isent even IN. As well as elaborated sickness/Stamina ect, ect...

Interesting, you know my play style and have never met me or seen me in-game.  You have just lost any credibility you may have had.  Off this topic, cya.

You cann't imagine an apocalypse so what are we talking here is how the story could be...

Cernarus is the whole planet?

No, but it's certainly within "the whole planet", is it not?  You're point is that apparently full autos aren't realistic in a survival game...  Why?  If the world just caught a disease and most just died off, you think the automatic guns would just POOF and disappear?  Why is it not realistic that there are fully automatics left in a world that had them previously?  I don't understand.

Edited by Finchtastic

Interesting, you know my play style and have never met me or seen me in-game.  You have just lost any credibility you may have had.  Off this topic, cya.

that was a rather weak response for calling out your BS... :D

Also, your high horse might be eaten from under your Little ass since all the canned goods are gone...

Srsly...how can you NOT want more survival elements ?

That's because people are stupid and don't understand that spraying has no place in combat other than suppressing fire. 

Most don't know what suppressing fire is. They spray, because it makes them feel good.

• Like 1