lucianpin

Full auto weapons have nothing to do with Cernarus atmosphere, nor survival lifestyle

No, but it's certainly within "the whole planet", is it not?  You're point is that apparently full autos aren't realistic in a survival game...  Why?  If the world just caught a disease and most just died off, you think the automatic guns would just POOF and disappear?  Why is it not realistic that there are fully automatics left in a world that had them previously?  I don't understand.

You are not reading carefully, I said the opposite thing - I don't care about realism. I said that it is a valid case that no AKMs are present; some generals would send troops to secure affected military buildings or to recover weapons and then leave. It is a little harder to understand what I am saying. There could or could not be AKMs after the apocalypse. Either case is valid. I was saying that the story of DayZ could be made by us, depending on us.

Again, AKMs could be or could not be there, and we don't need reasons to accept this. Majority of players want it so...

Welp...

"open world survival horror video game in development"

now hush...correct me but will you be in the "gimme my canned Food back" crowd ? You might find yourself in a rather different spot when the real stuff is finaly in....YOU and all the other abnominal "hurr durr we all look the same MILITARY!!! Folks" realize that the end product of dayZ might be very differnt from what we Play now. ( and i hope it will be, oh and..the Long dark is a pretty fun experience )

Dirty water isent even IN. As well as elaborated sickness/Stamina ect, ect...

Im pretty sure allot of those ponds we find in game would be considered stagnant so drinking them outright might do more harm than good. We don't have proper drinking filters in game yet anyways to handle it when we cant contain the water. But i can just see some one rushing up and drinking the shit without thinking than becoming really sick latter on lol.

that was a rather weak response for calling out your BS... :D

Also, your high horse might be eaten from under your Little ass since all the canned goods are gone...

Srsly...how can you NOT want more survival elements ?

Weak response?  Yeah, because ""hurr durr we all look the same MILITARY!!!"makes you look like you could debate against the president...  Could you really not think of any other response, than something you've completely made up?  I'm sorry, but you're terrible at this.  Also, the last thing I ate was 4 pumpkins and some peppers I grew at my camp, so you can fuck right off with your silly assumptions and stupid comments about canned goods.  You can try again if you want, but again, you're not very good at this.  So if you do, I won't be back here to read it.  Have a nice day.

• Like 1

You are not reading carefully, I said the opposite thing - I don't care about realism. I said that it is a valid case that no AKMs are present; some generals would send troops to secure affected military buildings or to recover weapons and then leave. It is a little harder to understand what I am saying. There could or could not be AKMs after the apocalypse. Either case is valid. I was saying that the story of DayZ could be made by us, depending on us.

Again, AKMs could be or could not be there, and we don't need reasons to accept this. Majority of players want it so...

It just makes infinitely more sense for them to be there.  If I understand correctly, you mean they could have sent in a few units to recover the weapons after the bases were infected?  I guess that would make sense, but idk if it makes more sense than them being there for the obvious reasons they're there now.  (military bases, camps, airfields etc.)

I can agree there are too many military weapons in the game .

This is even worse due to there being far far too many static military spawn points.

I don't agree with the OP in the sense that IRL, there was over 10 million AKM made, 15 million SKS carbines, etc. ANd those are just the "official" Soviet numbers, not the shitty knockoffs produced by a Satellite state like Chernarus.

Not including the fact that, according to ARMA 2, the region of Chernarus we play in just underwent a pretty heavy civil war. Both parties (The Chernarus Defense Force, and the Chedaki) definitely made weapon-and-ammunition stockpiles.

So, yeah, I have no problem with there being automatic rifles in-game. What I do have a problem with, however, is how goddamned easy it is to get an automatic rifle, and to get OODLES AND OODLES of ammunition and magazines for them. In my mind, there would be a good number of rifles, but the stocks of ammunition for them would be severely depleted, as there is now no-one tor replenish them, nor a factory to produce more bullets. Same thing with magazines; you can scope a couple of military bases out, and come out with 75rnd drums and other magazines.

So, make ammo and magazines hard to find, and make firearms jam when fired on full-auto. Problem solved

• Like 3

I don't agree with the OP in the sense that IRL, there was over 10 million AKM made, 15 million SKS carbines, etc. ANd those are just the "official" Soviet numbers, not the shitty knockoffs produced by a Satellite state like Chernarus.

Not including the fact that, according to ARMA 2, the region of Chernarus we play in just underwent a pretty heavy civil war. Both parties (The Chernarus Defense Force, and the Chedaki) definitely made weapon-and-ammunition stockpiles.

So, yeah, I have no problem with there being automatic rifles in-game. What I do have a problem with, however, is how goddamned easy it is to get an automatic rifle, and to get OODLES AND OODLES of ammunition and magazines for them. In my mind, there would be a good number of rifles, but the stocks of ammunition for them would be severely depleted, as there is now no-one tor replenish them, nor a factory to produce more bullets. Same thing with magazines; you can scope a couple of military bases out, and come out with 75rnd drums and other magazines.

So, make ammo and magazines hard to find, and make firearms jam when fired on full-auto. Problem solved

Best post in this thread, I have to admit

Full auto weapons are here to stay.

Long way to go til full release and by then I'm sure there will be all sorts of custom servers.

Some for the no mill loot types and others with loads

I still don't see how the central loot system will work though.

how do you mean ?

Full auto weapons are here to stay.

Long way to go til full release and by then I'm sure there will be all sorts of custom servers.

Some for the no mill loot types and others with loads

central loot system will make imposible for some servers to have no military loot :) lol

how do you mean ?

If people can have custom servers with custom loot tables on private hives how then do they account for those in the centralized loot system?

If one server is all mill gear all the time and another is all chambered cr527 carbines we can't find mags for cause they are as rare as a pso"

How does the central loot system account for that and give the weapon spawns out?

If two servers have opposite ends of the spectrum of custom loot then how can the central loot system manage that?

Each server would be setting themselves up via loot tables to have more potential for rare sorts of loot from the centralized loot system

If you change all your loot spawns to mil gear then u have more potential to get one of those rare controlled items...whereas people with default settings would have less odds.

Also if server owners want to create private servers with custom loot tables catered to their player base is there even a reason for them to be part of a centralized loot system?

If people can have custom servers with custom loot tables on private hives how then do they account for those in the centralized loot system?

If one server is all mill gear all the time and another is all chambered cr527 carbines we can't find mags for cause they are as rare as a pso"

How does the central loot system account for that and give the weapon spawns out?

If two servers have opposite ends of the spectrum of custom loot then how can the central loot system manage that?

Each server would be setting themselves up via loot tables to have more potential for rare sorts of loot from the centralized loot system

If you change all your loot spawns to mil gear then u have more potential to get one of those rare controlled items...whereas people with default settings would have less odds.

Also if server owners want to create private servers with custom loot tables catered to their player base is there even a reason for them to be part of a centralized loot system?

As far as I understand it, and I may be wrong, any server on the public hive would be subject to the central loot economy.. Those on private hives would not as the loot obtained there could not be moved over to public servers and vice versa.. That sounds like it should be correct anyway..

really guys stop crying about full auto weapons you still have to go to a barrack or be very very lucky to find a crash site with a m4a1 and a mag! you will die to better geared players as you did not move up north to find any yourself. every weapon is good if you get the jump on the player and play on a private so there are no server hoppers simples! 

• Like 2

As far as I understand it, and I may be wrong, any server on the public hive would be subject to the central loot economy.. Those on private hives would not as the loot obtained there could not be moved over to public servers and vice versa.. That sounds like it should be correct anyway..

Nope they stated that private and public will all be part of the same central hive.. This was stated last year when they first announced it

Generally my best "solo" weapon tends to be the SKS, since the PU scope is common and while it uses fairly rare ammo, it doesn't require a magazine and being semi-auto it encourages accurate fire and ammo conservation. I find the AKs tend to make me overconfident and I end up engaging groups at times when staying concealed would be wiser.

When it comes to around town weaponry, the shotguns can be absolutely beastly. The fact that chernarus is a post-soviet state and as we know from ARMA2 has a history of military buildup means that finding military tier firearms isn't unreasonable.

The only problem I have with the assault rifles currently is that they're very common on public hive servers due to server hopping and "we kick you" lootfarming clans on empty servers.

Nope they stated that private and public will all be part of the same central hive.. This was stated last year when they first announced it

But you can not move items from private to public servers, so surely that makes any private server null and void with regards to the central loot economy?

But you can not move items from private to public servers, so surely that makes any private server null and void with regards to the central loot economy?

Part of why I don't get how their approach will work.

Also considering empty or inactive servers can spawn the gear as well.

However they have not even gotten loot respawns to work correctly and persistence servers are a complete rags or riches state thanks to loot splosion issues.

Personally I don't get the whole centralized loot system.

This isn't wow we are not competeing for legendaries.

They made the pm73 ultra rare and the gun is honestly mediocre compared to the mp5 or ak74 compact.

This is a permadeath game where most players refuse to even leave the coast to get the good gear.

• Like 1

Think the whole point of the central loot system is to have real time information on every item in the game.

If it works it would allow them to restrict items however they see fit but the main potential benefit I see is the end to dupping and the ability for them to see who was duplicating items.

can we make a distinction ?

central loot =

If it works it would allow them to restrict items however they see fit but the main potential benefit I see is the end to dupping and the ability for them to see who was duplicating items.

Global Loot ( economy )

distribution of certain parts ( be it a rotor blade or dragunov(a) handguard ) across the public hive

mhh....or..what

They made the pm73 ultra rare and the gun is honestly mediocre compared to the mp5 or ak74 compact.

Indeed. Until those systems are not finalized they should just spawn stuff more easly so people can actualy USE it. Than make it gradualy harder ( like food ) after introducing alternative routes and systems.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Think the whole point of the central loot system is to have real time information on every item in the game.

Makes a lot more sense that way.

can we make a distinction ?

central loot =

Global Loot ( economy )

distribution of certain parts ( be it a rotor blade or dragunov(a) handguard ) across the public hive

mhh....or..what

It's been stated that private shards will be part of the central loot system.

The other half of this argument goes... If there are no real incentives for players to explore the map ( such as full auto weapons) then why make the Map so large... Why not have the de bug zone start outside the hills surrounding the coast.

Seems to me they have a huge problem getting the majority of the player base off the coast

but we need those auto when 200 zombies hordes are coming at you! 

No, you don't. Play smarter, or run away