Sign in to follow this  
GhostSlayer (DayZ)

why doesn't the bipod fit on the mosion?!

why does the bipod fit onto the assault rifles but not a bolt action gun that is used for sniping?

because without it anything over 500m is extremely difficult with the buggy swaying feature that never goes away  

Well my guess would be because the mosin doesnt support bipods. Its from 1891 so yeh. Its a matter of time before the long range will not fit anymore too... *sadu facu*

Because you cant mount a railed bipod on a 100 year old bolt gun.

The mosin is also not a sniper weapon or even a precision rifle.

The mosin is a 100 year old service rifle from a completely different era, a rifle that is extremely rugged and reliable but anything but accurate due to some fundamental problems that lead to inconsistency accross multiple areas.

Everything about the mosin leads to inconsistent performance thus bad accuracy everything from pressure points on the stock that by the way would be even more pronounced with added pressure of a bipod, to a poor gritty trigger, to the inconsistent quality of the rifling , to the oversized bore and finally the biggest culprit the wildly inconsistent military surplus ammo that feeds the mosin that can vary in muzzle velocity by as much as 300 fps on a single batch of ammunition leading to a huge variance in points of impact.

Can we please let go of this notion that the Mosin nagant is an accurate super precise sniper rifle. The mosin nagant was not accurate or precise but it just so happened to be the most precise and accurate the Russians had at the time and that is not saying much.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 5

Mosin with no scope? What are we going to do with an SKS then :D

Bipod with the Mosin should be brought back. And should totaly eliminate sway when deployed in prone position.

Thats how I see it.

Edited by Calvin Candie

Because

300px-RIS_Handguard3.png?version=01718da

and

300px-Akhandguardrail.png?version=e330ce

Edited by Gews
  • Like 6

Mosin with no scope? What are we going to do with an SKS then :D

Bipod with the Mosin should be brought back. And should totaly eliminate sway when deployed in prone position.

Thats how I see it.

Us realism players don't want that.

What I do want is another, more modern - or better said, actual- sniper rifle, with a bipod, scope and maybe even more attachments just for the heck of it.

The date in dayz is also 2015, even though it's russia, there are more modern weapons out there I suppose ;)

• Like 1

The mod allowed it, and you could before a certain patch, many many many moons ago.  I doubt there's any bipod mosins still rocking about but you never know, what with the odd sleeper and such...

But yeah, doesn't have any rails to support the bipod.  It's a flush stock, sorry brah.

Also, i've shot a .308 and .223 from a sled many a times while sitting.  There is still sway don't you worry...  DayZ is sometimes rather generous tbh when given to sway, as much as i like the cs point and click, this is a simulator at heart.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

I would like to see in the future the ability to take individual rails and be able to screw them/attach them to weapons to allow for mounting.

it would be incredibly easy to jury rig a tactical rail onto a wooden weapon to mount attachments onto.

screws x 2

Screw Driver

Tactical Rail

+

Mosin

=

Mosin with attachment capability.

I mean sure it would be hideous as all get out but pretty practical for a bipod or a flashlight.

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 2

Us realism players don't want that.

What I do want is another, more modern - or better said, actual- sniper rifle, with a bipod, scope and maybe even more attachments just for the heck of it.

The date in dayz is also 2015, even though it's russia, there are more modern weapons out there I suppose ;)

I totaly agree with you, BUT. Most people are not weapon professionals or even enthusiasts.

For EXAMPLE, we now have The Derringer in the game.

Talk about breaking immersion. In what scenario would this gun be present in post-soviet country?

So, I am all for realistic sniper rifles, but until then, give back the only one we have.

Bipoded Mosin.

:P

They had the Bipod on the mosin for testing purposes at first.  This was back when there were like 3 guns.

To add to gibonez remarks, sure we can bring up examples of top notch marksmen with confirmed kills in the high triple digits using a Mosin.  This does not make the Mosin some sort of super weapon, but rather attests to the skills of the marksman, and the fact that once their skills were known, they were usually given better equipment or customized their equipment to be better than the standard issue off the factory line (Actual PU Mosins, as opposed a random bolt action given to a conscript).  I'm sure if Simo Häyhä was handed a Tkiv 85 or a TRG he'd have a much higher kill count.

I'm sure if Simo Häyhä was handed a Tkiv 85 or a TRG he'd have a much higher kill count.

Nah, it'd go down. His Mosin can shoot through walls, after all.

why does the bipod fit onto the assault rifles but not a bolt action gun that is used for sniping?

because without it anything over 500m is extremely difficult with the buggy swaying feature that never goes away  

Mosin shots around 500m and relatively easy.  Its when they get to 900+ that its more challenging.

I suspect you are not splinting before settling down to snipe.  

Edited by Beav

Anything over 500m SHOULD BE DIFFICULT! Do you seriously want to be able to sit in the hills 1000m's away and pick off random people without any skill or challenge? I've dropped people at 700m+ and I'm a mediocre sniper, I have friends who can hit consistently at 900-1000m. Sniping should be tough, and above 500m it should be very difficult, not just a matter of pointing and clicking. L2P

• Like 1

Because

300px-RIS_Handguard3.png?version=01718da

and

300px-Akhandguardrail.png?version=e330ce

Actually most modern sniper rifles that have bipods aren't normally attached to rails, so you are wrong.

• Like 1

Anything over 500m SHOULD BE DIFFICULT! Do you seriously want to be able to sit in the hills 1000m's away and pick off random people without any skill or challenge? I've dropped people at 700m+ and I'm a mediocre sniper, I have friends who can hit consistently at 900-1000m. Sniping should be tough, and above 500m it should be very difficult, not just a matter of pointing and clicking. L2P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7zmmEgdK8

Bare in mind that this is with a superb long distance round the .408 all caliber are faithfully recreated so making a 900m shot with a .308 win or .5.56 is substantially harder.

People are talking like the mosin is some modern age sniper rifle invented yesterday.

People are talking like the mosin is some modern age sniper rifle invented yesterday.

Exactly... Then they talk about it takes "no skill" lel.

Exactly... Then they talk about it takes "no skill" lel.

Takes no skill due to the in games easy mode shooting mechanics not because of the weapon itself.

Takes no skill due to the in games easy mode shooting mechanics not because of the weapon itself.

Are you just dumb, mentally unstable, or both? The average player doesn't know where to put the scope so the bullet will go exactly where they want... Everyone thinks that if you put the cross hair on someone from lets elektro to kamy, you would kill someone... No... That is not the case here.

A dedicated sniper rifle wich should be SUPERRARE and i talk like RAK rare, should be in. The mosin could/should be something of a transisitonal weapon. Or if you like it that much...stick to it.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Are you just dumb, mentally unstable, or both? The average player doesn't know where to put the scope so the bullet will go exactly where they want... Everyone thinks that if you put the cross hair on someone from lets elektro to kamy, you would kill someone... No... That is not the case here.

If you have played more than 2 minutes in any first person shooter you already posses all of the knowledge needed.

Sniping is incredibly easy in Dayz just estimate the distance press page up a few times , don't even bother with wind and bingo easy shots out to 1000m.

Mil reticles, wind, and better ballistics would go a long way to fix that.

Edited by gibonez