SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

If I found a corpse I would look at his wallet ofcourse and it would say who it was. In this game there ar eno rotting corpses, anyone you find has been dead for ten minutes max.

Now, this is a game and its main point is to be entertaining. I think it would add to the entertainment value if some more information was given to the players, not only about whos corpse you've found but also who killed who, if something important is happening somewhere, like heli crashes, aprty on prison island or similar and also what your numerical values of Health, energy, food, drink, hot, cold, stuffing and other stats that affect you are.

I also would like to see a chat system. Alas, it is not to be.

In Epoch mod, you would drive to a trader and check the "obituaries board". That way you could find out who killed you and who else got killed lately. I liked the mechanic, because it forces you to make your way to the trader, either for the sole purpose of looking up who kills everyone or you could combine it with a shopping tour. Of course, I don't like NPC traders, but I think similar boards could be set up at abandonplaces on the map and make them a meeting point or possible player trade location. It avoids the problem of having a hierarchy of kills, but it does give you an idea who you can trust or how many people will be trigger happy on a server. And you don't get that information handed to you, you have to seek it out and process it. It would also make asking for names or giving your name to another player more significant.   

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

..And you don't get that information handed to you, you have to seek it out and process it. It would also make asking for names or giving your name to another player more significant.

I like this idea.

I'm sure that with a little brainstorming something like this could be bolted onto the game without breaking the immersion too much.

Maybe as an opt-in server option left to the admin.

[screenshots omitted]

Guess what?.. You'd have the same exact problem IRL. I don't see an issue here.  ;)

Attach the improvised silencer right before using, don't run around with it. Or put your Mosin on the ground next to you.

You'd have the same exact problem IRL

Oh, okay :D Than I don't see an issue either ^^

Attach the improvised silencer right before using

Nah, i just had it for the lols, waste of two precious slots :)

Omg omg omg I'm so excited I've found my very first helicopter crash WITH loot :D aaaaand a second one 1km away, now I got an M4 with acog and 5 magazines .. + 1fnx mag for my friend's fnx :D Hoped for a smersh vest but nope, not this time apparently. And just reached 1001Hours of gameplay O_O

I've noticed something lately that hasn't happened to me before this patch. Sometimes when i spawn, items that I had in my backpack are now on the ground in front of me and other items in the pack are rearranged. Its usually only large items like guns, containers and similar.

I've noticed items in my backpack are always re-arranged upon logging back in to a server. I specifically put my most important items in the bottom of my backpack and and they always find their way to the top when I log back in :(. I have not had the issue of items on the ground like you've mentioned. Can you recall if this is happening on persistent or non-persistent servers? Or both? 

I've noticed items in my backpack are always re-arranged upon logging back in to a server. I specifically put my most important items in the bottom of my backpack and and they always find their way to the top when I log back in :(. I have not had the issue of items on the ground like you've mentioned. Can you recall if this is happening on persistent or non-persistent servers? Or both? 

It is a noted/known issues with one of the last couple patches. I get it on both persistent and non servers but it seem like only sometimes and more often with a bag that's not completely full. Never noticed stuff on the ground but I might not have noticed either. 

I really only play on non-peristance servers . Its happened three times the last week in maybe thirty log-ons. The first time it happened I was happy, Having spawned right in front of a storage container with a gun and food in it, til I realized it was my own :/ Then i was attacked by a bambi and lagged off a roof.