Sign in to follow this  
Acher0n

Some things never change.

Not played for 3 months, thought i'd come back to see if it's still a mess.

After 5 minutes im swamped by 6 zombies ad promptly died.

Second spawn-in, i spawn on a road in the middle of nowhere. Within 10 seconds, two well-geared guys come over, before anyone can even speak they headshot me and run off.

Oh well, see you in another 3 months then.

• Like 1

How unusual for a Zombie Game.

• Like 8

Not played for 3 months, thought i'd come back to see if it's still a mess.

Second spawn-in, i spawn on a road in the middle of nowhere. Within 10 seconds, two well-geared guys come over, before anyone can even speak they headshot me and run off.

Oh well, see you in another 3 months then.

Considering how there are about 6-10 zombies in all of the main section of Cherno (exaggerated, but only a little. There really aren't that many zombies yet)....don't herp-a-derp through the center of town?

I do agree that the random KoS is an issue, though.

Lmao .. I wouldn't bother even coming back in 3 months just uninstall forever, you just described 2 things that will ALWAYS be happening in dayz.

• Like 3

Hasn't played or posted in 3 months but feels the need to come and post to tell us how he hasn't played in in three months and wont play for 3 months because he died in a survival game due to his own ineptitude.

*slow hand clap*

Tell you what, try 6 months next time.  Scratch that, 6 years.

6 zombies is like dealing with 6 kittens currently.  Keep circling them and they will kill themselves or run away or find a melee weapon or punch them in the head.  20 zombies would be a walk in the park with the current AI.

Moaning about getting killed on the coast after 10 seconds? Who cares? Press the re-spawn button and don't worry about losing that torch and battery.

Edited by Beav
  • Like 4

The OP is a little bit weird and not sure what the point is. That he is useless at dealing with easy mode zombies or that he's upset that the game didn't stop 2 other people playing the game the way they want (despite what we might think of them).

• Like 4

Hasn't played or posted in 3 months but feels the need to come and post to tell us how he hasn't played in in three months and wont play for 3 months because he died in a survival game due to his own ineptitude.

*slow hand clap*

Tell you what, try 6 months next time.  Scratch that, 6 years.

6 zombies is like dealing with 6 kittens currently.  Keep circling them and they will kill themselves or run away or find a melee weapon or punch them in the head.  20 zombies would be a walk in the park with the current AI.

Moaning about getting killed on the coast after 10 seconds? Who cares? Press the re-spawn button and don't worry about losing that torch and battery.

Considering it takes about 18,000 head punches to down a zombie, yeah i'll just keep on circling them and circling them and circling them and circling them and circling them and circling them

• Like 1

Considering it takes about 18,000 head punches to down a zombie, yeah i'll just keep on circling them and circling them and circling them and circling them and circling them and circling them

I need to test that to be sure if it is mathematically accurate.

• Like 6

"Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper."

It takes 1 punch to down a zed, he/she will get back up but you just repeat the process until they stop getting back up.  

Simples

• Like 3

Make sure you use a large sample size as I expect the variance to be somewhere between 10,000 punches to 25,000 punches.  The OP didn't have a large enough sample size with 6 zombies and his conclusions are therefore debatable.

Let me know and I'll get one of my statisticians to do some power calculations for you.

Edited by Beav
  • Like 2

The OP is a little bit weird and not sure what the point is. That he is useless at dealing with easy mode zombies or that he's upset that the game didn't stop 2 other people playing the game the way they want (despite what we might think of them).

In 1200+ hours of playing DayZ I have never had more than 5 zombies on me at one point and that's from running right through an un-looted Elektro like a madman on my way to Cherno.  

I think the OP ran through Elektro like a madman (and probably only had 3 zeds on him, we know how he likes to exaggerate).

Mind you, I managed to deal with them without issue (locked in houses, ran out of line of sight etc).  Didnt know what I should have been doing is moaning on a the forum about how those nasty infected chased me...booo hoooo!

Edited by Beav
  • Like 2

Considering how there are about 6-10 zombies in all of the main section of Cherno (exaggerated, but only a little. There really aren't that many zombies yet)....don't herp-a-derp through the center of town?

I do agree that the random KoS is an issue, though.

KoS is hardly random, IMO. It almost always happens for the same reason: People expose themselves way too easily.

• Like 1

KoS is hardly random, IMO. It almost always happens for the same reason: People expose themselves way too easily.

Considering how the OP said he "spawned into a road in the middle of nowhere, and got shot".......not really his fault. Skipping blithely through the center of Berezino? Yeah, learn to sneak. Spawn in on a random road in the woods, then get shot? Not likely a personal issue.

Although the OP likes to exaggerate, so I doubt he got shot in the middle of nowhere by two kitted guys.

I think I never counted up so high in my whole life.

• Like 1

Run away from the zombies? Ever think of that? How many zombie films portray the main character beating the fuck out of a half dozen zombies simultaneously?

If you have an axe, farming hoe, pick axe, sledgehammer, etc, they're mind-numbingly easy to kill. However, more than two isn't worth it with just fists. Run away/lock them in a building and continue your journey.

What kind of a fucktard rages at a game because he couldn't Mike Tyson six zombies?

As for being killed on sight, that hasn't changed in years, and it more than likely never will. Learn to adapt to a situation before crying about it on the forums.

Do you think we can magically fix KOS, or care that you were killed to begin with?

In 1200+ hours of playing DayZ I have never had more than 5 zombies on me at one point and that's from running right through an un-looted Elektro like a madman on my way to Cherno.  

I think the OP ran through Elektro like a madman (and probably only had 3 zeds on him, we know how he likes to exaggerate).

Mind you, I managed to deal with them without issue (locked in houses, ran out of line of sight etc).  Didnt know what I should have been doing is moaning on a the forum about how those nasty infected chased me...booo hoooo!

Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the max Zombies a player can attract is 5 at once. If there is a 6th there....we wont be alerted. That's my experience anyway :)

I want 2000 zombies on the map, 10 of them run after you in different directions to trap you. I want to feel the pvp scare of knowing they will bash my face in at any time.

Then after I run away, I meet up with 10 or more zombie hordes coming towards me in the trees. They hear me, and all of them start to chase me and coral me into a field.

Then I find a group of 2+ pvp players all trying to kill me.

I want this, I want to be able to defend myself at all costs and know it was fun as heck trying to survive.

Not so hard of a thing to ask for is it?

Cya in 3 months.

Steak once asked me "what kind of stupid shit do people say on Steam" and I basically said what you said right here.   It takes maybe.. three hits with any item to the head to kill zombies, Three hits MAXIMUM to kill them. I literally pick up teddy bears just to punch zombies with them and kill them with very little effort.  Here's a pro tip, THIRD PERSON IS NOT ACCURATE, go into first person and kill zombies.  There you go, I've given you the experience of someone who has almost a thousand hours logged and shockingly, it's the same tip that was available the day the game was first purchasable.   

Google translate:  that dot is NOT the crosshair.

Hope it helps!

• Like 1