benets

pawn Immunity

Once you start/respawn you could have some immunity for like 30 minutes. Like temperature drop. You spawn with nothing and with hungry, if its raining and you go outside your temperature drops and you may die of cold, if in your area you cannot find food or cloths and it's raining you'll stucked inside a building or risk need to walk a lot of minutes in the rain.

You could have like 30 minutes of temperature immunity or at least immunity from the rain.

Once you start/respawn you could have some immunity for like 30 minutes. Like temperature drop. You spawn with nothing and with hungry, if its raining and you go outside your temperature drops and you may die of cold, if in your area you cannot find food or cloths and it's raining you'll stucked inside a building or risk need to walk a lot of minutes in the rain.

You could have like 30 minutes of temperature immunity or at least immunity from the rain.

I think an immunity is a little much.

Why would we want to make this game easier?

I don't think many people would die often in the first 30 seconds. 

Edited by NexVentor

I agree with you.

Some times starting off fresh is tough to get around, and grab some food is hard on high pop servers.

But i don't think immunity to rain/temp is necessary, IMO 5 minute of Hunger/Thirst is good enough.

But in those time you can still die from shots, zombies, and what ever but just not from HUnger and thirst.

Once you start/respawn you could have some immunity for like 30 minutes. 

I don't think you understand the concept of a survival game.

I very much doubt that this will be something that will be introduced - maybe there's some hope for you when modding comes along, however. I don't doubt that Epoch/ Easy-Mode will be reintroduced for the more casual player.

• Like 1

Let's just make everybody invincible. And let's take starvation out of the game. Also, there are not guns anymore. Let's make it just like Animal Crossing.

I call being the doggy. 

You already have 3PP - how much easier do you want it, FFS?

No beans for you.

You should have no problem finding a raincoat on .53.  And it is usually pretty easy to find a well within ten minutes.  Sprint long distances (inland) to keep warm, and try the smaller villages to find food; don't forget about searching for berries (red get you fed, blue get you dead).  If you do this, your biggest concern should be zombies until you decide to go to more populated areas.  Once you get Gorka'd, you'll have to purposely wet yourself to keep from overheating while sprinting long distances.

I too would like some pawn immunity. I don't want people stealing my shit and trying to pawn it off so they can continue to feed their drug addictions.

• Like 1

Me too. I want to be able to plant my tent in the middle of NWAF and have AI soldiers with rocket launchers and .50 cals preventing anyone from taking my stuff to pawn it off.

This will never make it into DayZ vanilla, but in a few years time when the game is complete I'm sure you could write a mod to do it!

Spawn immunity is a bad feature and usually only used as a crutch to work around bad spawn designs. It usually ends up with spawnkills simply working the other way around which makes gameplay even more frustrating - especially in a game like DayZ where freshspawns have nothing to lose but other players have.

I would rather like the spawn system to be refined:

1. Instead of a few discrete spawn points there should be a greater area you can spawn in. (We got this in spades.)
  2. Lower probability to spawn in areas with high player/structure* density.
  3. You won't spawn in a certain radius around other players or structures*.
  4. Higher probability of spawning in a place far away from your corpse.
  5. As a freshspawn** getting killed should give you a lower respawn time.
  6. As a freshspawn** getting killed by another player (does not include pressing respawn after getting knocked out unless below 500 blood) does not trigger 4. but rather keep your old place of death (basically a reroll on your initial respawn).
  7. Freshspawns should start at a lower power level:
    1. Clothes damaged/badly damaged.
    2. Chemlight instead of Flashlight+Battery.
    3. Maybe lower tier bottomwear (0-2 item slots).
  8. Remove the Vybor spawn.
  9. Move all spawns at the coast (and probably the far North Eastern areas that seem a little cut off right now).

And in the end - if you end up killed right after spawning you did not actually lose anything. So its not really that much of an issue.

*Structures means player-interacted objects like filled world containers, tents, bases, vehicles not in their original starting postion etc. Those should interact with all players in the same way (no dedicated owner) - avoids quick regearing or lucky scavenger spawns.

**There might be a time after spawning (like 10 minutes) where you are considered "freshspawn" by the game. Certain events might make people lose their freshspawn status.

On 18/02/2015 at 10:22 AM, Inception. said:

It's just a suggestion, guys. Be nice.

It was a long time of this suggestion. Now i'll reply cos i am to playing it again.

First of all, i don't think people really understand the suggestion, people want to refute without even READ for real, think or discuss, now with weather and harder loot, specially in spaw areas, that i thought it would be, made it clear to me.

About that: Didn't mean every time you login, its a fresh new character, after die for exemple. You "born" in this world and it's raining, if you run in the wild you'll more likely die of hypotermia, you can't make fire everywhere nor can find so easly stuff,
If you find a house and enter, you'll probly be soaked and will eventually die of hypotermia, if you don't you'll get hungry more and more, and you can't get out to find food or you'll die of hypotermia.

If "critcs" thought and read with a little more attention people would realize i never said immunty on ALL things, this would be stupid.. Probly they didnt even read the post, only the title.

Never said immunity to damage, to starvation, disease or anything else, BUT rain/weather effects or cold.

Pretty much, if you "born" ou respawn a NEW character in a server thats raining, i BET you'll log out and go to another one to escape the rain.

To me is pretty much clear and logic that new chars should have rain immunity for a time.

And why it isnt any respawn, only new characters in the world, cos if your char already have like 30 minutes or more, for exemple 2 hours, you should have at least some things to make you survive a rain, to get a shelter, heatpack. Even if you login in the middle of wilderness. But new chars don't.

Where is there the adrenaline .... if you have done it just before death to survive? I get a lot of salt from the game. Never is the fight higher than the beginning. Later, it is just the fear of losing the gear.

We're playing a hardcore survival game, my friend. If you'd rather something easier, there's always The Sims or Battlefield 1?

Without the imminent chance of death for any slip up, this game would not be the danger ride we all wanted. And for realism, the environment would most certainly kill you if you aren't prepared. Take your deaths in stride and find a way to beat it.

I suggest watching some tutorials, maybe? Surviving spawning in the rain is absolutely doable and honestly not that hard to fix with a fire and some patience.