Sign in to follow this  
darkrider400

So yeah, about that new Alcatraz island............

On floor 3 of the inmate housing facility, i found 3 MP5's, 2 AK101's, an AKS-74U, an AK-47, and 2 MP-133 Shotty's w/ Pistol Grips. So yeah, its a good place to check out, i found the jacket of a badass OREL uniform, now im just trying to find the pants for it :D

• Like 1

Pics or GTFO?

• Like 4

nope, it just restarted, updated with some new pics, got my OREL pants, there was 2 pairs, 2 AK-74's, an AK-101, and before the restart i managed to find a Flashbang in the barracks, thats what the white screenshot is, because i threw it. and i found some black spraypaint paint my gun an stuff to look more badass with the OREL uniform, i also found a Olive High Capacity Vest in the barracks.

Really the only deterrent from newbies is the 510 meter swim which can kill a newbie from the cold water, i managed to survive because i had a raincoat, a bobble hat, and some hunting pants to keep me warm.

And 3 guys just swam over, i talked to them, and then they shot me, but i think i managed to kill one of them. It was a private shard, so now im gonna hop onto a GameServers.com shard and do it again :D

Edited by Darkrider400

Too cold for freshspawns but just warm enough for geared players? Sounds like a good place to get shot in the face

Question. When you swim to the island; do your guns and backpack drop to the see floor?

Not that ive seen, i swam with a drybag and a CZ527 rifle on my back, and both stayed on for the whole swim there.

Too cold for freshspawns but just warm enough for geared players? Sounds like a good place to get shot in the face

Basically what just happened to me. Shouldve shot the dudes when they were in the water.

• Like 2

Question. When you swim to the island; do your guns and backpack drop to the see floor?

No they don't.

When I got over I did find a MP-133 shotgun, Mp5-k and a AK74 but I got the feeling the server hoppers are going wild .  I did a test from one long barracks and jumped servers. Sure enough I didn't find one server that hadn't been looted so good luck.  Me, I think I might hang around and wait for the swimmers. They gotta come back at some stage...

Interesting.

You have to swim there? If you do do you lose items like in arma 2, or do you just get wet?

Interesting.

You have to swim there? If you do do you lose items like in arma 2, or do you just get wet?

No young padawan, these waters maybe be cold and unforgiving like me to my ex-girlfriend, and you shall fear this, but you shall not lose your possessions.

• Like 2

No young padawan, these waters maybe be cold and unforgiving like me to my ex-girlfriend, and you shall fear this, but you shall not lose your possessions.

I asked a simple question...you don't have to bring up you x girlfriend that I stole...lets keep it day z...em k And what it gods name is a padwand? Your driving to drink heavily! But yes I will brave those waters then.....When are they going to put rafts in this game

Edited by CJFlint

Interesting.

Since we got paddles now we might get boats, (improvised?)rafts of some sort in the future.

Would be a better way to get there.

Since we got paddles now we might get boats, (improvised?)rafts of some sort in the future.

Boats?  Just drive there!  Problem solved.  

• Like 2

That would be cool! This place is south of Balota right? I wan't to go there and I'm just North of Balota.

That would be cool! This place is south of Balota right? I wan't to go there and I'm just North of Balota.

Between kamenka and Komarovo.

Better carry matches with you or better a truck, or be ready to be cold like a Iceberg.

And have fun, the prison is the new Berezino. yesterday i found 4 trucks in the island and 2 of them burned in the water ( oh the Irony)

Edited by Polini

The island is a complete lootgasm itself (not bugged loot) It spawns legit non-bugged military and police gear altogether.

What you can find there:

- MP5K

- Black balaclava

- AK47 and AK74 mag.

- MP133 shotgun pistol grip

- Drum mag

- AKM

- 5.56mm rounds

- Lots of food

- Lots of steak knifes

- OREL jacket / pants police uniform jacket / pants.

- 5.45mm rounds

I think the only thing you can't find there is an M4.

Boats?  Just drive there!  Problem solved.  

Found a truck there this morning, maybe It's yours?

Edited by Yazar8

Found a truck there this morning, maybe It's yours?

http://imgur.com/7H67AAr

For a minute then i thought someone had found our v3s, we managed to get ours onto the beach but not up the hill.

On floor 3 of the inmate housing facility, i found 3 MP5's, 2 AK101's, an AKS-74U, an AK-47, and 2 MP-133 Shotty's w/ Pistol Grips. So yeah, its a good place to check out, i found the jacket of a badass OREL uniform, now im just trying to find the pants for it :D

Well I found a press jacket today...so there. :D

Ok I haven't played dayz for maybe 2 months but I'm assuming this on on the big island?

So did they just bung a load of existing buildings down, like it looks in the pics, or maybe I was missing the part where the map maker gave a shit and actually wanted to put some unique buildings on there? I mean, creativity IS a concept that BIS want isn't it?

Did we just get a 4 year old with some playdo? WTF is going on?

Needs more handcuffs and steak knives

HAHAH

well just pick them all up in the 1 bag you can ever carry put them in a pile and pour the gas tank you lost inside the map and ignite!