boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

i hope servers will get more reliable in the future... what exactly does it mean if a server jumps between 9:00, 9:20 and 8:00 all the time? and how do the servers mention players on them when it is not possible to connect to them? i just like to understand the background here

I tested everything I wanted to check, and I can say the hypothermia is working great. B) (The fact that the camp fires are not working right now dosen't push me to test the new animal behavior just to kill them for nothing and such.)

I killed, skinned and quartered a pig, lugged the meat around for an hour, till I thought I was in a site safe enough to cook it and then found out about the camp fire bug.  I even had a tripod and a pot.  Didn't work so I threw it all away.  Just now it occurs to me I could have tried using a gas stove to see if that has been fixed.  What a waste..

• Like 1

I hate the wait to connect message, makes me think I am losing my character into the void.

Anyone know how to start fires now? Crafted the fire starting kit, tried to add logs, or sticks, and tried to lit it with matches, but nothing worked. Dying of hypothermia for the first time since the first itteration of it a few months back....

Fires do work but the recipe has changed.

Put the fireplace kit on the ground, hold five sticks or three logs in your hands and you should get the option to craft a fireplace. You can add the tripod and pot to it or make a stove by adding 8 small stones, and there's some other small changes to fireplace mechanics.

With the servers being dodgy i haven't manged to test how well you can cook meat on them.

Pictures (not mine)

• Like 5

Only took 2 months to get chopper crasher working, yey...

Anway, anything else except for new animal AI, haven't seen any new items or animations.

Edited by Dafix

Fires do work but the recipe has changed.

Put the fireplace kit on the ground, hold five sticks or three logs in your hands and you should get the option to craft a fireplace. You can add the tripod and pot to it or make a stove by adding 8 small stones, and there's some other small changes to fireplace mechanics.

With the servers being dodgy i haven't manged to test how well you can cook meat on them.

Pictures (not mine)

This is fantastic!! Thanks for the info, I had been waiting for an update on this since day 1 of the 0.53 experimental... :lol:

I'll have to go back and try it! :thumbsup:

Ima start to think this game hates me !! Every single time that i have time to play and test the improvements of the game... Can't connect to a single server... *Sight*

Can any one get on the exp servers as I can't.  What some outstanding testing from me at the moment.  I have proved that the servers haven't worked for the last day and a half. And yes I have reported it.

Edited by fing24

Can any one get on the exp servers as I can't. What some outstanding testing from me at the moment. I have proved that the servers haven't worked for the last day and a half. And yes I have reported it.

Eugen tweeted a day or so ago that the servers were having trouble staying up , and that they would do their best to keep them up over the weekeend , so I'm guessing we won't have working experimental servers til at least tomorrow when they return to work :/ but it's ok it's just experimental , it's always pretty buggy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Grapefruit kush. I have been looking at the tweats as well to see what is happening and do expect problems on exp, but even at the weakened I have seen them fix things even though most of the team I would guess are Monday to Friday people, never mind lets hope for fixes tomorrow.  Please don't think I'm having a go or being sarcastic as my comments could be misread I do appreciate your reply Grapefruit kush.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Grapefruit kush. I have been looking at the tweats as well to see what is happening and do expect problems on exp, but even at the weakened I have seen them fix things even though most of the team I would guess are Monday to Friday people, never mind lets hope for fixes tomorrow. Please don't think I'm having a go or being sarcastic as my comments could be misread I do appreciate your reply Grapefruit kush.

It's all good man , you asked like people should ask , no ragin whatsoever and I like that :) .. But ya it's rough that experimental is down , I think I might have to switch to stable because I'm really itchin to play and can't wait til tomorrow ...

• Like 6

well servers still down on experimental :( hoping for a good fix this week, otherwise i liked the exp version, really ! 

gave me somehow better performance, only the server performance issues were getting on my nerves but i'm sure theyll handle that

Oh well, back to stable.  Eugen is still doing a great job with the updates in Dev tracker.  No eta, I guess, that's cool.

Edited by Barnabus

The servers did get at least one restart in on the weekend before I could not get to them, but it was not a complete success because the loot all doubled. IE the little gun shacks had an extra gun in most of them.

I saw 1 handgun and one rifle in each of those shacks almost every time and it seemed intentional at the time.

I didn't think it had to do with loot doubling but now that you mention it, loot did seem extra abundant.

how do you guys get on? I cant get passed the Waiting For Host stuff.

and the pings are mega bad on all servers, compared to stable. is that normal?

like my regular us pings are 20-100max and on EXP they are like 300=1000

you ask that, but there are many people playing on EXP.

yet eugene's twitter says they all fugged up.

i dont understand whats going on, but all i get is wait for host

I saw 1 handgun and one rifle in each of those shacks almost every time and it seemed intentional at the time.

I didn't think it had to do with loot doubling but now that you mention it, loot did seem extra abundant.

I was playing before and after the reset,  and I went back to several of those houses post reset, and the old gun was there with a new one.

I have not been able to get past the wait since friday or saterday I think.

Had driven a truck from Zel to electro, given my buddy my pants to keep him from freezing, just gotten him through that and the server started to go down. I left with a 20 second server disconnect and have not gotten back in.

Buddy has been playing that sony game all weekend anyway, maybe the devs are with him.

Edited by PongoZ

Could be other people doing the same thing you are. I can't confirm as I haven't been on Experimental since Thursday.

When you view the exp servers in the server list on stable you will see the state the server was in at the time of the crash, time of day and number of players. 

• Like 2