boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

i think the follow-up here is more ''Frequent'' than the dev's follow-ups of the situation happenning sadly

Back on topic : 

So if i understand it right, they might bring an EXP patch that was broken to stable ? Holy shiznit ! I think there will be a crap-storm of complaints if it's true !!!!

Were the server issues caused by the patch itself? Curious because I've been sort of out of the loop the for this last update.

Edited by solodude23

Were the server issues caused by the patch itself? Curious because I've been sort of out of the loop the for this last update.

Eugen didn't provide a lot of details. It sounds like a server had a component failure of some sort and the entire server was replaced.

I wouldn't worry too much. 0.52 was on experimental for only a couple of days before it was pushed to stable. 0.52 certainly wasn't perfect, but the experimental version was a train wreck when it came to loot spawnning.

They do quite a lot of internal testing; experimental is merely a supplement to that testing. Even though we've only seen 0.53 for a few hours cumulatively, the devs have been playing with it for weeks.

• Like 2

I see that 0.53.126333 (previous was 0.53.126147) is being tested right now on a password protected server: THE TEST

• Like 1

I see that 0.53.126333 (previous was 0.53.126147) is being tested right now on a password protected server: THE TEST

It's looking like 0.53 will go to Stable barring any major malfunctions in their testing.

• Like 1

It's looking like 0.53 will go to Stable barring any major malfunctions in their testing.

Very possible that this 0.53 is next stable...

reading some reports about servers coming back online now, with the old 0.52 version running ?

can anyone confirm that ? i assume that would mean the january update is gonna be a february update ?

i'm not upset about delays at all, but the communication has been really bad the last days/weeks about whats happening in terms of updates, a quick info would be really nice to hear ..................

Edited by SpawnZ
  • Like 1

What do the tea leaves tell you about the experimental branch? Do you expect a 0.54 today?

• Like 1

It seems that they sent an email to server owners yesterday, stating that maintenance will take longer than 3 hours today on account of an update. They tweeted something to that effect as well, but for some reason devtracker here on the forum doesn't pick up tweets atm.

It seems that they sent an email to server owners yesterday, stating that maintenance will take longer than 3 hours today on account of an update. They tweeted something to that effect as well, but for some reason devtracker here on the forum doesn't pick up tweets atm.

I've been watching the dev tracker, but since Eugen is out of the office, I wasn't all that surprised to see no updates there.

Very possible that this 0.53 is next stable...

I'm betting not :)

i'm not upset about delays at all, but the communication has been really bad the last days/weeks about whats happening in terms of updates, a quick info would be really nice to hear ..................

Agreed. They had been getting so good at broadcasting information before the new year that I think we grew to expect a high level of communication and anything less seems like a disappointment.

What do the tea leaves tell you about the experimental branch? Do you expect a 0.54 today?

I'm giving it a 50/50 chance. The experimentalprep depot has seen parallel updates to the productionprep depot the last few days, so it seems possible but I'm not sure how likely.

Yeah, info about today's update is particularly challenging to come by.

I've been watching the dev tracker, but since Eugen is out of the office, I wasn't all that surprised to see no updates there.

Still is it acceptable for a company that has made over 90 Millions with that early access to leave their users in the dark like that ? I think the question deserves to be asked !!

Same goes for the server ''Workers'' Eugen himself stated that they are only 2 guys working on the server, it's not a critic towards the devs but more towards the company

vision... 

I know we should anticipate bugs, delays and such during the alpha and beta stages, but being left in the dark like that ain't a good thing for the company's image... I also don't understand how, with the  90+ millions why they don't have more ressources to help them...

At least i can give props to Eugen, when he's there, he tries to keep us updated, even if it's kinda vague, it's still at least, a decent way to not keep us in the dark !

I beg BIS to not go on the same track than EA, sony and other major companies ! Do not take your clients for granted... 

Back on topic :

They might test it internally, but at least, if they could give us even some vague details about what's going on, i think we'd see less flaming post to see more discussion opened for a respectful and constructive debate !!! 

At least, for this exp build, i could have tested it for 3 hours... 

Several people on the reddit say the FPS was improved.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2tynul/dayz_servers_are_back_up/

Hopefully 0.53 is released on stable today.

They're full of crap. There was no update done to the Stable branch as of yet. If the game is somehow magically performing better for them, it's placebo or an improvement server-side, but it's nothing to do with the client software we as players run.

Come to think of it... not sure what they're playing on since supposedly the servers are still down for maintenance.

• Like 1

i hope there will be exp servers again in the near future...

Well that deflates my excitement just a bit. Oh well, back to Stable  :|

Well that deflates my excitement just a bit. Oh well, back to Stable :|

Yep, 'til tomorrow at about 5 o'clock we have to suffer the stable experience :/ .. But at least there's extremely exciting stuff coming , vehicle persistence, better battleeye , anti cheat, new island with a prison on it ... Experimental is gonna be the shit once again .

• Like 1

Yep, 'til tomorrow at about 5 o'clock we have to suffer the stable experience :/ .. But at least there's extremely exciting stuff coming , vehicle persistence, better battleeye , anti cheat, new island with a prison on it ... Experimental is gonna be the shit once again .

It's hardly suffering ;) I have plenty to keep myself occupied, especially knowing that I have what is likely a week or less left with this character before it's gone.

I am very much anticipating this, though. You know how much I obsess over map changes, so this is a big deal to me. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

EDIT: I have off work tomorrow, too. :)

Edited by Tatanko

It's hardly suffering ;) I have plenty to keep myself occupied, especially knowing that I have what is likely a week or less left with this character before it's gone.

I am very much anticipating this, though. You know how much I obsess over map changes, so this is a big deal to me. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

EDIT: I have off work tomorrow, too. :)

I will likely not have an opportunity to indulge tonight. If you would be so kind, please give us your assessment on whether the increase in frame rate, as reported on Reddit, is real, or imaginary. I didn't see anything in the status report that would suggest any significant improvements in that area.

I will likely not have an opportunity to indulge tonight. If you would be so kind, please give us your assessment on whether the increase in frame rate, as reported on Reddit, is real, or imaginary. I didn't see anything in the status report that would suggest any significant improvements in that area.

I'm beginning to wonder if that wasn't just some sort of inside joke. I see zero reason why there would be any noticeable difference when neither the software nor hardware have changed. I'll let you know what I experience.

• Like 2

Can't wait to see the changes to Skalisty island and the new prison complex on the new island! Was looking forward to map changes, and those are welcome additions to 0.53! If everything goes smoothly, tomorrow will be a great experimental day!   B)

(Of course the new anti-cheat and anti-duping are more than welcomed too, but seeing the wipe will only affect the public hive, it intrigues me why they are doing this.)

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

I particularly appreciate being informed of what is going on with the weekly status report and posts on these forums.  Please keep the info coming.